PDA

View Full Version : EPE owning EOT and TTWII

vivaelvis
11-15-2010, 02:10 AM
EPE is running out of material to sell and to bring in revenue from. So, they should put a multimillion dollar offer on the table to Time-Warner for the remaining unreleased outtakes of ELvis On Tour and That's The Way It Is to give them leverage for the future. This would be a smart financial investment that they could profit off of for years to come. There's the opportunity for multiple concert projects. Live footage to be used for an Imax theater as a new attraction at Graceland. And to show the rockin' Elvis from the 70's. The Aloha concert doesn't offer that. The bottom line is that they cannot survive forever on just the limited footage that they have rights to now, such as the 68' Comeback and the Aloha concerts and the two '77 concerts, which they have no future plans to release anyway.

KPM
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Time-Warner is not in the habit of selling individual films to anyone-so that idea is pretty slim. The film studios know that with little or no advertising they can sell these films for years to come-and turn a profit. The unreleased outtakes for both films have been bootlegged now for several years so its not like they are not unofficially on the market.
I'm sure every idea that we fans can come up with have been explored by EPE and if there was any chance of this happening-for a fair price I'm sure they would have done it long ago.

hounddog
11-16-2010, 08:20 PM
personally i think EPE should be trying to get their hands on some of the fan shot film and release it. There is so much out there. Why not make it available to the fans.

Jungleroom76
11-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Time-Warner is not in the habit of selling individual films to anyone-so that idea is pretty slim. The film studios know that with little or no advertising they can sell these films for years to come-and turn a profit. The unreleased outtakes for both films have been bootlegged now for several years so its not like they are not unofficially on the market.
I'm sure every idea that we fans can come up with have been explored by EPE and if there was any chance of this happening-for a fair price I'm sure they would have done it long ago.

True Ken, but like the CBS footage, it would be nice to finally get the outtakes from EOT on an official release so that hopefully the quality of the footage will be improved over what is floating around on the import market. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

KPM
11-16-2010, 09:26 PM
True Ken, but like the CBS footage, it would be nice to finally get the outtakes from EOT on an official release so that hopefully the quality of the footage will be improved over what is floating around on the import market. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike
We will-just give Warner a few years and they will have another EOT deluxe edition with a few outtakes to wet the longtime fans tastebuds, then in another 10 years we eventually will get the super deluxe special edition with a few more.........;) which is exactly why Warner will never sell the films or outtakes.:D

But on a serious note-I was disappointed that the SE TTWII did not do more to clean up the outtakes they used in the 2 disc set.
The fans online can clean up and improve the picture on the outtakes that are floating around the internet-yet Warner who owns the film does little to improve the ones they used-???

hounddog
11-17-2010, 05:27 AM
very good point if the average Joe can clean it up surely a major firm can.

Jungleroom76
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
We will-just give Warner a few years and they will have another EOT deluxe edition with a few outtakes to wet the longtime fans tastebuds, then in another 10 years we eventually will get the super deluxe special edition with a few more.........;) which is exactly why Warner will never sell the films or outtakes.:D

Oh I know Ken...they'll milk this for absolutely all it's worth!!! I just hope they'll get around to issuing all the footage before I become to old and senile to remember it! :angry: ;)

But on a serious note-I was disappointed that the SE TTWII did not do more to clean up the outtakes they used in the 2 disc set.
The fans online can clean up and improve the picture on the outtakes that are floating around the internet-yet Warner who owns the film does little to improve the ones they used-???

My guess would be it goes back to the whole money issue. In their eyes, why pay someone to clean up the footage when the profits won't be worth the cost to pay someone to do the work?? At least I am guessing this is the main reason... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike