PDA

View Full Version : "Elvis: The echo will never die" Documentary.

SleepyJack
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7q9ttjScSQ

Thought I would just point the way to this one for anyone who hasn`t seen it before.I think it was one of the first Elvis documentaries that I ever watched on tv.Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7q9ttjScSQ

Diane
10-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Thank you so much Jack. I never saw this one before:D

Tommy
10-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Here you go my friend, I placed the clip there for you, it's a wonderful speech, and a great clip. (y)

Thank you very much for posting. (y)

SleepyJack
10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks Diane and Tommy.Hope you managed to find all the other parts as well!(quite a few of them!)..there are some wonderful comments on there about Elvis.I always enjoy watching it.I was really pleased to find it all on youtube...when i was a kid I used to record the audio off the tv when there were elvis programmes on...this was one of the ones that I got loads of bits from!! Think I still have those old casettes somewhere!
Anyway,glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time.;)

suspicious_mind
10-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I LOVE this one! Saw it years ago. :P

SleepyJack
10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Guess that`s one of the great things about the internet and sites like youtube...sometimes you find things that you never thought you`d see again!

marijaep
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I really enjoyed this! I've never seen it before. It certainly is a documentary worth watching (y) Thanks for sharing Jack! (y)

kathy parkinson
10-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I watched it last year in August, very nice.

SleepyJack
10-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I really enjoyed this! I've never seen it before. It certainly is a documentary worth watching (y) Thanks for sharing Jack! (y)

Glad you enjoyed it Marija..and thank you for thanking me!:D

Jimmy1966
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I Remember growing up in ireland and RTE 1 Done a documentary on elvis
Hosted By MIKE MURPHY Called 'ELVIS REMEMBERED' It Was Really Good As I Recall,
Long Time Ago Now. . . probably early 80's.

Hitchie
10-26-2010, 12:45 AM
I love this one! Definately one of my favorites. When Sammy Davis Jr. talks about Elvis, I tear up everytime!

SleepyJack
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I Remember growing up in ireland and RTE 1 Done a documentary on elvis
Hosted By MIKE MURPHY Called 'ELVIS REMEMBERED' It Was Really Good As I Recall,
Long Time Ago Now. . . probably early 80's.

Don`t remember ever seeing that one Jimmy...that would be an interesting "blast from the past"! You never know...It could turn up yet!!

monk37
10-27-2010, 03:56 AM
thanks, saw this a long time ago

I think this has the most Elvis on the Wink Martindale memphis show than any other

Raised on Rock
10-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I haven't seen this since the 80's, thanks for sharing.

Wonder if there's a way to find the complete interview with B.B. King.

giulia
10-30-2010, 10:43 PM
This is really a gift ! thank yu so much, I didn't ever see this doc before.
Thank you !

Giulia

Tony Trout
10-31-2010, 07:16 AM
The only thing I despised about this movie was the way that Tom Jones spoke about Elvis..........like he, Tom, could've saved Elvis from his destructive lifestyle had teh Memphis Mafia not been around....

Had Elvis not had any of the guys in the Memphis Mafia around him, I feel that we would have lost him alot sooner than we did.....

SleepyJack
10-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments,glad you guys seem to be enjoying this one.(y)

SleepyJack
10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
The only thing I despised about this movie was the way that Tom Jones spoke about Elvis..........like he, Tom, could've saved Elvis from his destructive lifestyle had teh Memphis Mafia not been around....

Had Elvis not had any of the guys in the Memphis Mafia around him, I feel that we would have lost him alot sooner than we did.....

Seems like Tom Jones always manages to rub people up the wrong way...he annoys me no-end most of the time. Maybe it`s just his way but he always seems to be looking for an angle to make himself more important than he actually was.It`s a shame really because he probably does have some nice Elvis stories....if only he`d stop making up his own little parts to them and just tell it like it really happened.

Lisarose
11-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Never saw this one. Now why don't they put these out for sale instead of stupid re-enactments & such?
Thanks, Jack

- excuse me, your Highness :D

SleepyJack
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Never saw this one. Now why don't they put these out for sale instead of stupid re-enactments & such?
Thanks, Jack

- excuse me, your Highness :D

Glad you enjoyed it Lisa...I`d completely forgotten that I was still "King"!!!...took me by surprise....i`ll be glad when my "reign" is over!...not suited to this royalty business at all!:blush:

Unchained Melody
05-17-2011, 02:30 AM

When I heard what he had to say when watching this special, I didn't take it that way a-tall.

In ways I agree with him, Elvis did not have many close friends when he died, the friends he did have (he felt) betrayed him in the worst way so I can see the point Tom is making here.

Sorry to dig through old post, always been a fan of this documentary.;)