PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Elvis footage from Louisville,Kentucky and Elvis brings a family together!!!!

nolvis
05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
http://www.whas11.com/news/Elvis-visits-Louisville-81037832.html

http://www.whas11.com/home/Louisville-woman-reunited-with-late-mother-thanks-to-Elvis-on-Friday-Flashbacks-83674407.html

WHAS11.com

Posted on February 5, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Updated Friday, Feb 5 at 7:29 PM
Related:

* Vintage Elvis footage
* Friday Flashback: Elvis plays Louisville
* In '84 WHAS tried to predict what 2010 would be like, did they come close?
* Friday Flashbacks: Entire episode of Louisville Tonight!
* WHAS 60th Anniversary: A look back
* Celebrating 60 years of WHAS history: Watch the special & see photos

Gallery

See all 102 photos »

Louisville, Ky. (WHAS11) - Elvis, as we all know, is even bigger now than he was when he was alive and a local family is saying thanks to Elvis.

This month, WHAS11’s Friday Flashbacks, from the WHAS11 archives continues and what fitting way to start it with a true occurrence.

On January 8th, WHAS11 News featured a Friday Flashback honoring Elvis’ 75th birthday and a Louisville family watching the newscast that night, suddenly reunited with their late mother, after a nine second film clip.

It was Louisville in 1974 and on the video; Elvis emerges from his hotel room near the fairgrounds to head to Freedom Hall for his concert.

In the crowd that day, WHAS reporter Jim West was interviewing people.

He happened to talk to Dorothy Goff, who was with her daughter and grandkids that day.

Because the concert ended late, she never saw her interview that aired on WHAS that day. She and her family missed it.

That is, until a few weeks ago, during WHAS11’s 6pm news.

WHAS11 invited them both to the station to view that short clip once again.

It became a tearful reunion, 30 years after her mother's death. The family has no home movies so it was the first time they've seen or heard her voice since her death.

But WHAS11 had a surprise for them both; a longer segment of Dorothy on film that had never aired.

And through it all, the unlikely reunion via film really does have the hand of Elvis all over it. Dorothy died at age 75.

Her daughter and granddaughter saw her again, by chance, on the day of Elvis' 75th birthday, which was also Dorothy’s birthday.

WHAS Television turns 60-years-old in March and we will be celebrating with special programming starting live at 7:30 p.m. on March 16th, so put it on your calendar and join in the celebration!

Joe Car
05-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Thanks nolvis!

nolvis
05-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Your very welcome!:king:(y):king:

Elisabeth
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
It was nice to watch, thanks for sharing (y)(y)

nolvis
05-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Your welcome and I'm glad that you liked the videos! Elvis is so amazing with how he can touch
so many peoples lives in a positive way and help make the world a better place !!!!!:king:

Lonniebealestreet
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Very nice, thanks for posting, nolvis. I should pay closer attention to my local news.

CLAY
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
That was great,thanx for sharing

Brian Quinn
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for posting this rare vintage footage. It's amazing how Elvis moved in the 50's and such a tragedy that we have got so little film of him on stage. Not even one complete concert. Surprising really when you think of how controversial he was - you would think there would be a lot of film footage in the hands of the media and police. I always thing the nearest we ever came to seeing the 'real' 50's Elvis movements was in his first film 'Love Me Tender'. Who knows, perhaps there is some amazing unreleased footage out there somewhere. We can but hope.

Brian (y)

nolvis
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
:king:You are all very welcome and thanks a lot for the much appreciated comments!!!!!(y):king:(y)