PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie To Live In The UK?

Brian Quinn
05-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Thursday, May 13 2010

Is Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie leaving U.S. for England?

By David Gardner
Last updated at 10:30 PM on 12th May 2010

Despite his huge following on this side of the Atlantic, Elvis never found the time to visit England.

His daughter, by contrast, has become so enamoured with the UK that she is said to be looking to move her family over here.

Reports say Lisa Marie Presley is turning her back on her homeland, putting her two California homes up for sale and telling friends she hopes to resettle by the end of the year.

The 42-year-old is said to have become sick of Los Angeles.

According to the National Enquirer magazine, the last straw was the revival last week of gossip claiming her ex-husband Michael Jackson was gay.

Jacksonís long-time friend Dr Arnold Klein made the allegation after the late singerís office manager Jason Pfeiffer went on TV in the US to claim he had a fling with his famous former boss.

She and fourth husband Michael Lockwood, 49, are said to be looking to buy a stately home near London.

'During an extended stay there last year she made friends with the likes of Prince Andrew and Fergie, the Duchess of York, and she's excited about recording her first album since 2005 over there,' a source told the Enquirer.

The singer has made no secret of her disdain for L.A., saying last year: 'The city has really gotten dramatically worse in the last five or six years, even more shallow if thatís even possible.

'I feel any place that is perpetually sunny suspect and wrong, anyway.

But Lisa Marie's mother Priscilla is not pleased about the plans, because she won't be able to see as much of her twin granddaughters

She added: 'I can honestly say that I am the only person who came to England for the weather.

'I love the cold and the rain. We have fallen in love with the UK and it is our hope to live here some day.'

Raving about England during her trip last autumn, she added: ĎWe have found the quality of life so much more enriching and fulfilling.

'The civility, the culture, the people and its beauty have reawakened me and have smoothed out some of my bleak and jagged views about people and life.í

But it is reported her plans have ignited a family feud with mother Priscilla, 64, who is said to be upset that she will not see as much of her granddaughters.

Lisa Marie was at her motherís side at the celebrations for what would have been her fatherís 75th birthday at Graceland in January and at the Elvis Cirque du Soleil Viva show in Las Vegas in February.

'Sheíll keep her getaway place in Hawaii and return periodically for Graceland business, but she plans on spending most of her time in Britain,í the source told the Enquirer.

Brian :D

kathy parkinson
05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll put the kettle on then for a nice cup of British tea.

sasha
05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
This was said in Oct. 2009 , but not by any reputable news media . Just Entertainment /Gossip sources .
I've heard nothing serious as yet . We'll see I guess .:)

KPM
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
I think she should live where she wants to. Its her and her husbands choice. Many people who can afford it have houses all over the world (must be nice) so it she does fine by me.

Diane
05-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I agree, Lisa has the right to live anywhere in the world as anyone else does. I do have my doubts as to whether this is true of her or not though but I do see her visiting.

Diane

debtdbruno
05-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't understand anyone leaving the sunny US..................to come to wet miserable UK!!!!!!

Even if she finds LA superficial, there must be areas out of the spotlight...........

Diane
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I understand what you are saying Deb. We are in a wet miserable (and cold) part of the U.S. but there are other lovely places in California ( Big Sur, Monterey, Carmel, the San Francisco Bay Area) that Lisa could live. L.A. does have very bad smog days and it's super over crowded so I do understand why she doesn't like it there.

Diane

monk37
05-14-2010, 03:12 AM
the rumour Jackson was gay bothered her, but not the pedophile claims?

seriously something wrong with that gal.

why would those eve be LA's fault?

franny
05-14-2010, 04:13 AM
I had read that Lisa has already been living in the U.K. for a little while now....I can't remember where I read that, but if I find it, I will post it.

franny

Teddy
05-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Seemingly she's been making music with Richard Hawley over here for a while.

EnigmaticSun
05-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Well she should avoid the British suburbs. Other than that, plenty to discover! Formidable news if true..

tlcElvis
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure this is her house for sale. There are a few pictures of the inside of the home as well as the grounds:

http://www.homes.la/idx/mls-10427589-24895_long_valley_rd_hidden_hills_ca_91302

If you google 'MLS 10427589' you can see it listed on many Realtor sites. It appears she dropped the price by 1 million.

I thought Danny Keogh lived in one of the guest houses?