PDA

View Full Version : Elvis In Concert-the album

vivaelvis
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Now would be a good time to reissue the 'Elvis In Concert' album on the Legacy Edition label. They could include the entire Rapid City show as the disc 2. This is somewhat a classic and should be given some type of remastering as it's never been updated since it's orignal October 1977 release. Minus the fan comments of course.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s64/jukebox31_2007/ELVIS%20PRESLEY/ElvisInConcert.jpg

rockin
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
True that would b cool to see

Jungleroom76
04-24-2010, 06:18 PM
While I don't see this as a potential "Legacy Edition" release on the mainstream label, I can't imagine that this album won't eventually receive the "Classic Albums" treatment on the FTD label. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

monk37
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
FTD is tough, on one hand, there is a slight race to release stuff before the core audience it would mean so much to is gone

but at the same time, the cost of each disc, them doing too many releases a year has to hurt the quality and sales.

It'd be nice to have a release of all the audio - maybe a separate disc with the fan comments and Vernon's message

Jimmy1966
04-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I HAVE TO AGREE IT WOULD BE SO COOL.(y)

nolvis
04-25-2010, 03:34 AM
:king:I love this album so much and was sooooo excited when my Mom bought it for me along with Aloha!!!!!!!!!!
I used to go to the record store and look at those albums and was so excited to hold them in my hands and wonder what the contents
were like even though I had just seen Elvis in Concert when it first aired(boy was that amazing as I was so excited to see a brand new Elvis concert and I was so pumped up seeing Elvis that I sang just a bit myself!!!!!!!!!!!) and had only seen Aloha,well a lot less times than I have now!
When my Mom gave me these incredible albums it was one of the greatest gifts of all!!!!!!!!!!:king::D:king:

dennyelvis
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Long over due indeed, an FTD issue would be cool .. good post ...

peter
04-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Im not sure its good to release a EIC album with Rapid City as bonus - because core of In Concert CD is from Rapid City :hmm:As I said in another topic - I think that they should release Rapid City from historical reasons - last show that was professionaly recorded. Maybe with some tracks from Omaha (fe.: How Great Thou Art, Its Now Or Never, Little Sister, Fairytale, And I Love YOu So, Hurt) as bonus CD and another recordings taped during 1977 tours - I think that they even can do something like big 2CD set which would be a first and final 1977 project....