PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Rariest Lp?

E.L.V.I.S
04-29-2004, 07:12 PM
personally i have quite a few,but maybe my having fun with elvis on stage on the boxcar label which is still in its original seal.dont know how much its worth but have a good idea,so what about you???

Sonny
04-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I've got several...

Like Rock My Soul (original, complete with inlays and on coloured vinyl).

And Rockin New Years Eve and the Burbanks...

Sonny

E.L.V.I.S
04-29-2004, 07:41 PM
yeh i have rockin new years and burbank with the tickets included.any one here have a sun record i wonder???

NightRider
04-29-2004, 07:44 PM
I stopped collecting Lp's/Vinyl years ago. Sold the lot......apart from about 10 Lp's....15-20 singles...about the same ep's and the two EP collections.

The rarest i have is HMV CLP 1105 'RocknRoll No2' (UK). Have had it about ten years. Not a mint copy but very good condition. VG+ i'd rate it as. Haven't even seen it in a couple of years...its locked away along with a few other treasures in my metal Lp case in the attic room.

Lonniebealestreet
04-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Mine would be a near mint copy of the Golden Archives release, The Rockin' Rebel (the only vinyl import I have).

Captain Elwood David
04-30-2004, 01:37 AM
I no longer collect vinyl myself, either, ......... but ......... before I stopped:

A large number of boot vinyl (including very beautiful "Golden Archives", etc.).

"Perfect For Parties."

Some very boring International White-Labelled Promo 45's, etc..

Original "Elvis Speaks" Rainbow Records, 1956 booklet w/ vinyl on the cover. (This piece, I like).

Also, have some neat splash vinyl boots that I plan on framing someday when I get around to it.

Have held onto my vinyl, but stopped collecting long ago when prices started to become a bit absurd. Instead, I moved on to EP autographs / personal owned items. Have never been much interested in vinyl since.

- Capt. "EL."

kklk56
04-30-2004, 06:55 AM
my rarest vinyl lp I would have to say is two lp's..They both have Elvis's portrait pressed into the lp itself..both are extremly rare..the 1st one is an Elvis album called 'A Legendary Performer/Vol 3..It states on the cover 'Limited Edition Picture Disk'It has a full color photo of Elvis dressed in the Black Leather Suit that he wore on the 1968 comeback special.......the 2nd lp is called 'To Elvis:Love Still Burning'It has a full color painting of Elvis pressed into the vinyl..it states on the back of the album that it is the World's first commercially released picture record album .it contains 11 tribute songs to Elvis.It was released Shortly after Elvis passed away.it was produced by Jerry Osborne who wrote several very good books about Elvis The albums can be seen in the photo on the far right.they are at the bottom of the photo (1)white cover /Elvis wearing a red shirt/which is the flip side of the black leather..there is a bed post then the 3rd album that is visible has a black cover and the picture disk is inside the cover/it shows a full face painting of Elvis..

Jungleroom76
05-01-2004, 03:07 AM
I've been collecting Elvis on vinyl for 27 years, and it took me almost 24 of them to finally find the album which is probably the rarest in my collection...

I was able to obtain a near mint copy of the MONO version of the SPEEDWAY soundtrack (RCA LPM-3989)!! :D

TCB!
Mike

NightRider
05-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by jungleroom76@May 1 2004, 03:07 AM
I've been collecting Elvis on vinyl for 27 years, and it took me almost 24 of them to finally find the album which is probably the rarest in my collection...

I was able to obtain a near mint copy of the MONO version of the SPEEDWAY soundtrack (RCA LPM-3989)!! :D

TCB!
Mike
A very nice find Mike :blink:

A quite valuable peice you have there my friend (y)

I haven't collected vinyl for years ( as i have already posted ) but i am seriously considering trying again....just don't tell the Wife ;) (y)

Lonniebealestreet
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Nice photos there, kk!

Mike is the king of vinyl...I'll say no more. Too bad he's modest.

Don't tell the wife, LOL!

My collection isn't worth a lot, but it is something that I would not want to part with. I love playing records, and Elvis on vinyl is just kinda the way it was meant to be, ya know?

kennyelvis
05-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Rariest Lp :cry:
I have stoped collecting them many years ago, and sold away all my goodis i think :mad:
But i still have 15 - 20 bootleg titels left that in my collection.
I dont know witch of them that are the rarest.
Elvis Rocks and the girls roll
The King Lost On Tour
Memphis Tennessee
A Dogs Life
Spesial Delivery From Elvis
In My Way
Elvis Presley Colonel Parkers Boy
Welcome In Germany
Girl Happy
Live In Virginia
Sweet Carolina
Elvis Presley Session Talk ( two different covers)
Rough Cut Diamonds
Rough Cut Diamonds vol 2
Between Takes With Elvis 3 lp
Cadillac Elvis
Command Performance first print
The burbank Session Vol 1
The burbank Session Vol 2 with Tikets
Elvis 1961 Benefit Concert (with booklet )
From The Waist up (With Poster)
Behind Closed Doors (mint box) :clap:
Anyone wanto trade (y)

Jungleroom76
05-06-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by NightRider@May 1 2004, 06:50 AM
A very nice find Mike :blink:

A quite valuable peice you have there my friend (y)

THANKS NIGHTRIDER!!

Believe me....I have this one in a very safe place!! ;)

My next conquest (hopefully) will be to locate a MONO copy of ELVIS' GOLD RECORDS VOL. 4 which is just as rare as the MONO SPEEDWAY!

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
05-06-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by lonniebealestreet@May 3 2004, 05:22 PM
Mike is the king of vinyl...I'll say no more. Too bad he's modest.

My collection isn't worth a lot, but it is something that I would not want to part with. I love playing records, and Elvis on vinyl is just kinda the way it was meant to be, ya know?
THANK YOU BOBBY!!! I APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS!! ;)

And I couldn't agree with you more....listening to Elvis on vinyl is just the way it was meant to be! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Lonniebealestreet
05-06-2004, 04:56 AM
You're welcome. Just tellin' it like it is, son. ;)