PDA

View Full Version : my first soundboard tape

lvs2day
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
many months ago i had the great oppourtunity to buy an original soundboard tape of an unreleased performance from atlanta june 5th 76 [great sound quality] and a great performance for 76 , also have bin negotiating for an original soundboard tape of detroit 74[not a great performance], but its just one of those must haves for my collection. I was wondering if any other fans on here own an original soundboard tape/cassette? I have had the tape synched with the film of the same concert and just love to see E.P. sing hurt twice , this was one hell of a show anyone out there at this show give more details.

Jungleroom76
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
WOW!!! :jawdrop:

I've been collecting Elvis memorabilia for over 30 years now and I have never had the fortune to run across an ORIGINAL soundboard tape!!! That is SO cool that you have one with the possibility of obtaining another!! (y)

Unfortunately I can't really offer any information to you about these shows, but just wanted to comment on how cool a find that is for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :clap:

TCB!
Mike

Teddy
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Are these tapes astronomically expensive when they appear for sale? :hmm:

lvs2day
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Are these tapes astronomically expensive when they appear for sale? :hmm:

it would have bin more expensive had i not had some items that the person whom i bought it from wanted [personal items of E.P.] I included a pair of winetr boots that ELVIS had for his winter vacation in vail colorado - ELVIS wore them for the duration of his trip and then gave them to charlie , charlie sold me them back in 79 , if anyone can tell me how to upload a photo here i would certainly like to share it with those interested.many thanks.

U.S. Male
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
many months ago i had the great oppourtunity to buy an original soundboard tape of an unreleased performance from atlanta june 5th 76 [great sound quality] and a great performance for 76 , also have bin negotiating for an original soundboard tape of detroit 74[not a great performance], but its just one of those must haves for my collection.

Do you plan on offering it to Ernst Jorgenson and the people at FTD Records? Don't you think it would be good to allow all fans an opportunity to hear a show that's never been released in the quality that you describe?

lvs2day
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Do you plan on offering it to Ernst Jorgenson and the people at FTD Records? Don't you think it would be good to allow all fans an opportunity to hear a show that's never been released in the quality that you describe?

i think what makes it special is that it's not bin released , maybe someday i would be interested to do that it's a great performance especially his version of if you love me ........ and hurt with full reprise , i'm sure it would only be a cd/performance that hardcore fans would want because it does not contain any differn't trax.

Unchained Melody
04-15-2010, 04:11 AM
I would say most fans wouldn't own such an item , but if they, or I, did, I would most certainly want to share it with the rest of the world of fans.

I remember a member on the kings court claimed the same thing, Memphis77, is that you?

lvs2day
04-16-2010, 03:58 AM
I would say most fans wouldn't own such an item , but if they, or I, did, I would most certainly want to share it with the rest of the world of fans.

I remember a member on the kings court claimed the same thing, Memphis77, is that you? yes it is., and i very much doubt that many a fan would simply share something that cost as much as this and the rareity it is bradl. However i would trade for the equivelent and the guy/collector who i got it from has many other 1st gen soundboards that he now wants to sell/trade[for personal items].Larry moss has tapes from the december engaement of 76 along with many shows from 74, i know that sheriff hanna has many shows including pine bluff arkansas both shows , also some rehersal tapes from 74, so i 'm sure if you would ask them the same question it would be a definate no. oh by the way is that you col john burroughs[name used before ],

Unchained Melody
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
yes it is., and i very much doubt that many a fan would simply share something that cost as much as this and the rareity it is bradl. However i would trade for the equivelent and the guy/collector who i got it from has many other 1st gen soundboards that he now wants to sell/trade[for personal items].Larry moss has tapes from the december engaement of 76 along with many shows from 74, i know that sheriff hanna has many shows including pine bluff arkansas both shows , also some rehersal tapes from 74, so i 'm sure if you would ask them the same question it would be a definate no. oh by the way is that you col john burroughs[name used before ],

Yeah, you can go to my profile and see my previous account name before I had it changed. Anyone can lol. And thanks for the answer, I just don't see why they would want to hide it from the rest of the world to hear, nobody's getting any younger in that respect! But then I see your point of what the value is of them tapes!

Sonny
04-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Keep the arguments nice friends.

Tommy
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I hope this doesn't heat up friends.

danny
04-16-2010, 07:57 PM
many months ago i had the great oppourtunity to buy an original soundboard tape of an unreleased performance from atlanta june 5th 76 [great sound quality] and a great performance for 7

Haha,i will believe it only if you post at least a few short sound samples! :P
I don't know what is your purpose with this thread but i guess you're just trying to get some attention.
Attention that you wouldn't get without fictitious stories.

Albert
04-16-2010, 08:27 PM
it would have bin more expensive had i not had some items that the person whom i bought it from wanted [personal items of E.P.] I included a pair of winetr boots that ELVIS had for his winter vacation in vail colorado - ELVIS wore them for the duration of his trip and then gave them to charlie , charlie sold me them back in 79 , if anyone can tell me how to upload a photo here i would certainly like to share it with those interested.many thanks.

http://www.tcb-world.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

It's great if you're in the situation that you can trade such rare things for other rare items. But I think it's a weird decision to keep unreleased soundboard recordings away from other fans. I understand that free sharing would be out of the question, so selling it to a bootleg label would be a proper thing to do. Does FTD compensate people who hand in unreleased material? I know that Ernst had to negotiate more than one time with an Elvisfan to get the material he was offered. Not sure if it was about money though

danny
04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Does FTD compensate people who hand in unreleased material? I know that Ernst had to negotiate more than one time with an Elvisfan to get the material he was offered. Not sure if it was about money though
Ernst wouldn't be interested in Atlanta june 76 and Detroit 74. FTD has many soundboards from these tours and both tours were already covered by them with the DRAGONHEART and TUCSON 76 FTD's. And if they ever want to cover these tours again (which is highly unlikely!!!!!!!) then they have more than enough material to choose from. They are not fans and not interested in buying boring 1976 soundboards. They are interested only in unusual/interesting material. Houston 1970,sept/nov. 1970 tours,Lake Tahoe 1971,nov. 1972 tour,june 1973 tour,july 1975 tour,Indianapolis 1977 and so on. End of story.

jon_burrows
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
lvs2day, do you know if your tape is the afternoon show or evening?

lvs2day
04-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, you can go to my profile and see my previous account name before I had it changed. Anyone can lol. And thanks for the answer, I just don't see why they would want to hide it from the rest of the world to hear, nobody's getting any younger in that respect! But then I see your point of what the value is of them tapes!

albert i would like to send you a copy of some of the highlights that i had synched with film of the show, since i don't know how to post this on the web i'm not very computer savy and i'm not a liar or looking for attenttion if you will pm me your adress i can send you this , please let me know many thnaks.

lvs2day
04-16-2010, 11:28 PM
this would be the eve show bradley,

jon_burrows
04-17-2010, 03:32 PM
lvs2day, do you know if your tape is the afternoon show or evening?

this would be the eve show bradley,

Thanks for the reply, but my name's not Bradley.

lvs2day
04-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the reply, but my name's not Bradley.

i appoligise my mistake.

jon_burrows
04-17-2010, 04:19 PM
i appoligise my mistake.

No problem my friend.

vegas 74
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Haha,i will believe it only if you post at least a few short sound samples! :P
I don't know what is your purpose with this thread but i guess you're just trying to get some attention.
Attention that you wouldn't get without fictitious stories.

Has Ivs2day/Memphis77/ and Ivs4evr not told you yet about his film footage that he says he owns of the "1969 HILTON PRESS CONFERENCE" that nobody has ever seen...the list goes on
and Albert......dont hold your breath!!!

lvs2day
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Has Ivs2day/Memphis77 not told you yet about his film footage that he says he owns of the "1969 HILTON PRESS CONFERENCE" that nobody has ever seen...the list goes on
and Albert......dont hold your breath!!!

it seems your jealousy has got the better of you again , Albert rest assured that i will send you the audio as promised if you'll just send me the adress to send it to or walk me through how i can post it on here. Dennis unfortunetly offered me his sh.... paintings for trade for some vegas 74 footgae that he said did not exist- many months later it has appeared via linda thompsons friend, as for the 69 press confrence film i will and would trade with anyone who has their own original film for trade i also traded this footgae with john heath from arkansas [big collector] who has the blue prehistoric bird suit and has donated photos to numerous books. magazines including day by day. So for people like dennis who collect garbage like buttons, cups and the like always will be jealous , so for proof of the tape just have any of the mods let me know .(y)

Tommy
04-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Cool off, and play nice.

Jungleroom76
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
ONE WARNING HAS ALREADY BEEN ISSUED BY THE MODERATORS REGARDING NOT LETTING THIS THREAD SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL AND CLEARLY THE WARNING WAS NOT ADHERED TO, SO AGAIN...

LET'S REFRAIN FROM THE HE SAID/HE DID POSTINGS AND ACCUSATIONS. IF THIS CANNOT BE A CIVILIZED DISCUSSION WITHOUT ALL OF THE MUDSLINGING, THEN THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED AND WARNINGS OR INFRACTIONS WILL BE ISSUED.

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
04-18-2010, 01:06 AM
I apologize Mike for my two statements!

Unchained Melody
04-19-2010, 01:44 AM
I just seen your post on FECC asking what a soundboard tape looks like. http://elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=50555 Why ask that when you said on this thread that you had the original soundboard.?

KiwiAlan
04-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Just a query.

How can you tell an original soundboard tape from a copy?

Dudcowboy_1
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
If I remember a soundboard recording is going look be on a reel, back then. They where good size. If I remember right back in those days a show would have be recorded on 2 to 3 of those things.

T_J
04-24-2010, 08:23 AM
it seems your jealousy has got the better of you again , Albert rest assured that i will send you the audio as promised if you'll just send me the adress to send it to or walk me through how i can post it on here. Dennis unfortunetly offered me his sh.... paintings for trade for some vegas 74 footgae that he said did not exist- many months later it has appeared via linda thompsons friend, as for the 69 press confrence film i will and would trade with anyone who has their own original film for trade i also traded this footgae with john heath from arkansas [big collector] who has the blue prehistoric bird suit and has donated photos to numerous books. magazines including day by day. So for people like dennis who collect garbage like buttons, cups and the like always will be jealous , so for proof of the tape just have any of the mods let me know .(y)

I'm assuming that if you have something as rare as that 69 footage, you have made a digital back up? So how about a couple of screen grabs?