PDA

View Full Version : Elvis In Concert to be released by EPE in 2010

vivaelvis
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
According to this link the long awaited 1977 'Elvis In Concert tv special' is set to be released on DVD in August of this year during Elvis Week at Graceland as an appreciation to all the fans from over the years. Soden says it's been a long time coming and will be a limited release. It won't feature any additional footage, just the original tv special.

www.elvis_in_Concertdvd.com

italianfan
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Im glad its april fools day. If it wasn't Id be very worried.

Sonny
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Happy April Fools Day! ;)

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
It would be a cold day in hell before EPE released this lol

Albert
04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I have to admit I clicked the link rightaway.... and then tried google.... and only then started to think :lol:

KPM
04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Very Funny!

Jungleroom76
04-02-2010, 08:50 PM
That's a good one!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

vivaelvis
04-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I thought I'd try and see who would buy into it since it was April Fools.

Jungleroom76
04-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I thought I'd try and see who would buy into it since it was April Fools.

Definitely a good effort!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

EnigmaticSun
04-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I just don't think it's very funny. Not very original.

Many people wouldn't want to be branded a fool for liking EIC. You can laugh all you want.. ;)

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Rather than looking at the negative connotations, try and find the fun :P

monk37
04-03-2010, 06:51 PM
People are allowed to not appreciate a joke or be offended by it

telling a person to lighten up or try to find the humour actually demeans them more than the joke

because now they are not only not in on the joke, but wrong for not being so.

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
People are allowed to not appreciate a joke or be offended by it

telling a person to lighten up or try to find the humour actually demeans them more than the joke

because now they are not only not in on the joke, but wrong for not being so.

And some people focus on the negative when it clearly isn't intended...

Then there are those who defend the negative when that clearly isn't warranted. Seriously what the heck..

Seems to me like a double negative!!??

nolvis
04-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Personally this kind of "joke" just pi**** me off because of the ignorant jokes about Elvis' performance in 1977!!!!! He is a human being in 1977 and he is pouring his heart out
performing for us with the pressure of the whole world watching and critiquing him!!!!! He does a rocking version of See See Rider which is my favourite of all the versions that
I have heard.And here are the other amazing performances-You gave me a Mountain(so poignant,heartfelt and powerful),Hurt(amazing soaring and powerful vocals and a cool bounce back when Ronny hits the drum),My Way(nuff said),How great thou Art(what an amazingly powerful and passionate performance)Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel(the fans are
going berserk and crazy like 1956)Hound Dog(really shaking and rocking it up)I Really Don't Want To Know(awesome),Early Morning Rain(beautiful) and a song that everyone
should hear and see-Trying to get to You-which he dedicates to his Dad and Ginger and the raw power and passion with which he sings this Sun Classic is amazing and kicks AS*!!!!! I love how beautifully he sings Hawaiian Wedding Song and the fun and good energy expended on Fairytale and If you love Me.When he says that they couldn't put diapers
on him during I got a woman is classic and this version of the song,Boompt...Step!!!!!

elvisia
04-04-2010, 02:39 AM
I would welcome a remastered and edited(Elvis only) Elvis In Concert "CD" (AUDIO ONLY) to be released in 2010.....thank you very much:D

What I mean is, I would really like to have a CD with all the greatest Elvis recordings from summer 77 without all the fan and vernon comments, and with improved sound.....wow, I really hope that will be real someday........soon.

vivaelvis
04-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Personally this kind of "joke" just pi**** me off because of the ignorant jokes about Elvis' performance in 1977!!!!! He is a human being in 1977 and he is pouring his heart out
performing for us with the pressure of the whole world watching and critiquing him!!!!! He does a rocking version of See See Rider which is my favourite of all the versions that
I have heard.And here are the other amazing performances-You gave me a Mountain(so poignant,heartfelt and powerful),Hurt(amazing soaring and powerful vocals and a cool bounce back when Ronny hits the drum),My Way(nuff said),How great thou Art(what an amazingly powerful and passionate performance)Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel(the fans are
going berserk and crazy like 1956)Hound Dog(really shaking and rocking it up)I Really Don't Want To Know(awesome),Early Morning Rain(beautiful) and a song that everyone
should hear and see-Trying to get to You-which he dedicates to his Dad and Ginger and the raw power and passion with which he sings this Sun Classic is amazing and kicks AS*!!!!! I love how beautifully he sings Hawaiian Wedding Song and the fun and good energy expended on Fairytale and If you love Me.When he says that they couldn't put diapers
on him during I got a woman is classic and this version of the song,Boompt...Step!!!!!

It was an April Fools joke. Nothing more. Besides we all know that Elvis was really messed up by this time and shouldn't have been on tour at all in 1977.

vivaelvis
04-04-2010, 03:38 AM
I would welcome a remastered and edited(Elvis only) Elvis In Concert "CD" (AUDIO ONLY) to be released in 2010.....thank you very much:D

What I mean is, I would really like to have a CD with all the greatest Elvis recordings from summer 77 without all the fan and vernon comments, and with improved sound.....wow, I really hope that will be real someday........soon.

I expect the 'Elvis In Concert' abum or either the Rapid City show in its entirety to be released by FTD eventually. Maybe in 2012.

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-04-2010, 08:11 AM
I really don't understand why people are getting upset with this thread when the joke was on EPE, NOT Elvis! :doh:

EnigmaticSun
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Besides we all know that Elvis was really messed up by this time and shouldn't have been on tour at all in 1977.

Messed up physically, yes. But if you claim something like this, your knowledge of his activities on stage in 1977 is very limited.

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-06-2010, 10:10 PM
1977 was a poor year for Elvis performance wise, 1976 wasn't great either. His health was far from good and this affected Elvis vocally and physically. You may like some of his songs and vocals from this period, however to think he was anything other that a parody of himself during this time is to delude yourself.

I love Elvis but the facts are the facts :'(

Unchained Melody
04-07-2010, 05:05 AM
True Matt, it is a fact Elvis wasn't the same performer anymore and even to try and compare Elvis to the one of 1975, a mere two years earlier is ridiculous.

When I play a 1976-1977 concert, I know what I am getting myself into, but anymore I find myself to enjoy many of the shows. Even those from summer '76 "Old Times They Are Not Forgotten" for ex. I love those shows, I don't expect to hear the Elvis from years past but I find myself liking what I am hearing.

EnigmaticSun
04-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I love Elvis but the facts are the facts :'(

Who cares? ...Bingo!

I wouldn't want to miss EIC, his performances in May or the last concert. The last concert was certainly not a weaker vocal performance than Aloha!

He was a bit unsteady and unpredictable at times. Other than that: don't want to miss it for the love (well, is it?) and the money..

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Who cares? ...Bingo! Seriously, why be so rude?

I wouldn't want to miss EIC, his performances in May or the last concert. The last concert was certainly not a weaker vocal performance than Aloha!

I'm sorry but there is a great deal of difference from both of these concerts both physically and vocally. I will admit there are a couple of songs which are highlights for Instance 'How Great Thou Art' and 'You Gave Me A Mountain' other than that there are clear instances where Elvis is struggling with the lyrics and finding it difficult to breath.

I realise that people feel the need to defend Elvis, but I am not responsible for the decline in Elvis' health. So you frustration and anger need to be channelled else where.

He was a bit unsteady and unpredictable at times. Other than that: don't want to miss it for the love (well, is it?) and the money..

I find it frustrating when fans gloss over a period of time where Elvis clearly needed help, the difference between me and other fans is when I watch 'Elvis In Concert' It brings me to tears to see a once mighty man struggle at the age of 42 to recapture what was his only four and a half years prior. His friends and family were in denial and that lead to the inevitable.

Sleepless~Dreamer
04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
i love the 1977 concert it showed that he still had it...it being a wonderful voice.

EnigmaticSun
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Seriously, why be so rude?

I realise that people feel the need to defend Elvis, but I am not responsible for the decline in Elvis' health. So your frustration and anger need to be channelled else where.

Well I just copied some quotes from another thread. If you don't care if Ricky Martin is gay, I don't mind if Elvis was physically ill. There's no universally valid model for each and every individual - some are athletes at 42, others die.

I also believe some of his problems were already apparent before the 4 and a half year period mentioned by you.

The last concert - this is the show in Indianapolis. There were enough respectable songs performed and in some cases, such as you gave me a mountain, it even has some more spice than the Aloha-version.

Jungleroom76
04-09-2010, 06:57 PM
His friends and family were in denial and that lead to the inevitable.

No matter what your opinion of Elvis' final years, THAT is the key point my friend!!! Elvis certainly wasn't going to do what Elvis didn't want to do, but I really don't know how much effort was put into trying to help Elvis straighten himself up on the part of the people around him... :hmm: :sad:

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
04-09-2010, 07:40 PM

I'm sorry but there is a great deal of difference from both of these concerts both physically and vocally. I will admit there are a couple of songs which are highlights for Instance 'How Great Thou Art' and 'You Gave Me A Mountain' other than that there are clear instances where Elvis is struggling with the lyrics and finding it difficult to breath.

I realise that people feel the need to defend Elvis, but I am not responsible for the decline in Elvis' health. So you frustration and anger need to be channelled else where.

I find it frustrating when fans gloss over a period of time where Elvis clearly needed help, the difference between me and other fans is when I watch 'Elvis In Concert' It brings me to tears to see a once mighty man struggle at the age of 42 to recapture what was his only four and a half years prior. His friends and family were in denial and that lead to the inevitable.

I know exactly what you mean:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Unchained Melody
04-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Who cares? ...Bingo!

I first must say, I really enjoy sitting down and listening to some of my favorite 1977 concerts such as "Tonight 8:30" "Elvis In Concert - The Rapid City portion", "Spring Tours 77 (FTD)" but to compare Aloha From Hawaii to anything from 1977 is in my opinion is absurd. I am the first to defend Elvis when it comes to his later years but I try to do that as honestly as I can. His voice was weak in his final year, his health and weight really played a part, if it hadn't been for those problems, I think he would've been able to perform like he always had, but breathing problems and other unfortunate circumstances would not allow that.

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
.... I don't mind if Elvis was physically ill. Some are athletes at 42, others die.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the cavalier attitude you have in the above comments, It is one thing to ignore people's health issues, another to make light of those health Issues and there ultimate effect!

I also believe some of his problems were already apparent before the 4 and a half year period mentioned by you.

Agreed, there were occasions where it is possible to see the effects of a lifestyle that was detrimental to Elvis' professional career, however in 1972 & 73 these effects were far less pronounced, an intervention by those who did care if Elvis was ill could have made a difference.

The last concert - this is the show in Indianapolis. There were enough respectable songs performed and in some cases, such as you gave me a mountain, it even has some more spice than the Aloha-version.

LOL, "enough respectable songs performed", way to go to retreat on your original position :lol:

KPM
04-10-2010, 02:13 AM

Thats the way it affects me also-its almost surreal to see. I ask myself-how can this be the same man who in 69 was so healthy and athletic looking-sleek and hard. How can this be the same person??
I feel the lump in my throat......its almost like watching 2 different people who are distantly related and have similar mannerisms.....surreal and sad.

EnigmaticSun
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the cavalier attitude you have in the above comments, It is one thing to ignore people's health issues, another to make light of those health Issues and their ultimate effect!
LOL, "enough respectable songs performed", way to go to retreat on your original position :lol:

Well some songs from EIC were just perfect. There's not a single thing to complain about the Hawaiian Wedding Song, pure bliss. I could go as far to agree Hound Dog or Teddy-Cruel weren't as suitable as pure listening versions. Even so, some other oldies were pure dynamite.

Yes, the show in Indianapolis surely isn't weaker than Aloha and even has less rushed oldies in the list. His versions of Hurt or Bridge Over Troubled Water were up to par or even better compared to the best big ballads covered in Aloha.

Unchained Melody
04-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Well some songs from EIC were just perfect. There's not a single thing to complain about the Hawaiian Wedding Song, pure bliss. I could go as far to agree Hound Dog or Teddy-Cruel weren't as suitable as pure listening versions. Even so, some other oldies were pure dynamite.

Yes, the show in Indianapolis surely isn't weaker than Aloha and even has less rushed oldies in the list. His versions of Hurt or Bridge Over Troubled Water were up to par or even better compared to the best big ballads covered in Aloha.

The version of Bridge from Indy is in the top 3 of the best performed live versions I will agree.

But to say Indy is not weaker than Aloha From Hawaii you are kidding yourself.