PDA

View Full Version : Is this Elvis CD Rare?

Elvis and Johnny
12-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Elvis Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis CD. :)

On Amazon it is $84, and on eBay it is $99, $119.99, and $129.98.

I just got it for $8 at a local record shop! (y)

The one I got is also an original copy from 1994, just like the ones that are over $100.

Is the CD really that rare? Did I really get a good deal?

:)

Getlo
01-01-2010, 02:13 AM
It's not rare at all.

But for $8, it's fine.

Elvis and Johnny
01-01-2010, 02:24 AM
It's not rare at all.

But for $8, it's fine.

Why are people trying to sell it for so much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIS-PRESLEY-Recorded-Live-On-Stage-In-Memphis-CD-RARE_W0QQitemZ310100978014QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic _CDs?hash=item483375695e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-Recorded-Live-On-Stage-In-Memphis-CD-1974_W0QQitemZ200148032936QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic _CDs?hash=item2e99c09da8

Getlo
01-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Why are people trying to sell it for so much?

That's what a lot of people do on eBay and elsewhere. A casual fan or a non-fan might buy them thinking they're rare when they're not.

Sure, the original CD is now out of print - and is usurped by the FTD expanded CD anyway - but it was released with plenty of copies back in '94.

The best example of this is the Legendary Performer Volume 3 picture disc. Everywhere you go, it's for sale at ridiculous prices.

But there were thousands released at the time. You might pay a few extra bucks for a good condition copy, but it's still not worth very much.

Elvis and Johnny
01-01-2010, 02:40 AM
That sucks. I thought I was getting a really good deal.

That's what a lot of people do on eBay and elsewhere. A casual fan or a non-fan might buy them thinking they're rare when they're not.

Sure, the original CD is now out of print - and is usurped by the FTD expanded CD anyway - but it was released with plenty of copies back in '94.

The best example of this is the Legendary Performer Volume 3 picture disc. Everywhere you go, it's for sale at ridiculous prices.

But there were thousands released at the time. You might pay a few extra bucks for a good condition copy, but it's still not worth very much.

Getlo
01-01-2010, 02:54 AM
That sucks. I thought I was getting a really good deal.

Hey, for $8, you did okay.

Elvis and Johnny
01-01-2010, 03:10 AM
Hey, for $8, you did okay.

Yes, $8 is cheap.

I am also very happy because this CD is Awesome! Elvis sounds great!

(y)

Sonny
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Do you mean the Legendary 3 cd Getlo, or the LP album?

Good deal Elvis and Johnny, because here in Europe the edited (original) Memphis cd is hardly available anymore.

KPM
01-01-2010, 07:48 PM

I've actually got 2 of the Leg. Per. Vol. 3 picture album discs. I got one when it came out-then about 3 years later a local discount store had a bunch of them for $5.00 a piece so I got another.

Getlo
01-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Do you mean the Legendary 3 cd Getlo, or the LP album?

The LP.

If anything, the standard black LP version is rarer than the picture disc, but again not worth much.

Elvis and Johnny
01-02-2010, 07:25 AM
...The best example of this is the Legendary Performer Volume 3 picture disc. Everywhere you go, it's for sale at ridiculous prices.

My Dad has the Elvis Legendary Performer Volume 3 Picture Disc LP Unopened! (y)

He never opened it. Can't find one in better condition than that! LOL :P