PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Birthday Week

May
12-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Just to let you know, in case you didn't already :blink: there are a few "Elvis" programmes on next week, to commemorate what would have been Elvis's 75th birthday on Friday 8th. (y)

"Elvis By The Presleys", "Aloha from Hawaii" and a couple more I think.

(That's for us in the UK anyway) :blush:

Teddy
12-31-2009, 06:33 PM
I hope they broadcast something new, too.

I naturally view DVDs of the Comeback Special and Aloha on a regular basis, and EBTP daily, for disturbingly obvious reasons.

GIORGIA
12-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Lucky You My Friend!That's It's Sooooooooooooooo Amazing:supriced::wub:!Here in Italy,for now unfortunatelly nothing:'(!As unfortunatelly is always that:'(!But I Hope in Somenthing,anyway(y)!Cross My Fingers:wub:!

May
12-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Shame there's nothing in Italy, Giorgia

and teddy, I think there is something new on too. I only glanced at the TV Quick magazine. So you could be in luck (y)

GIORGIA
12-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Shame there's nothing in Italy, Giorgia
Absolutely true my friend:'(!I mean it's Elvis!Our Elvis!But here in Italy NOT,unfortunatelly understand that:angry:!

May
12-31-2009, 08:23 PM
You have my sympathy G.

:'(

debtdbruno
12-31-2009, 09:54 PM
there's a NEW programme by the BBC on Sunday night before Aloha..............'Elvis in Vegas'

GIORGIA
12-31-2009, 09:59 PM
You have my sympathy G.

:'(Thank's:hug:!

Donut
12-31-2009, 10:05 PM
there's a NEW programme by the BBC on Sunday night before Aloha..............'Elvis in Vegas'

I'm sure you'll have better things to do on sunday http://smiley.net.ru/emowin026.gif

elvis4ever
12-31-2009, 10:09 PM
OMG!!! today i was flicking through the channels and saw elvis was gonna be on:D ahhhh! i went crazy lol :lol: i think i damaged my dads eardrum though lol by hey i can't help it :P can't wait this Saturday, gonna be an elvis night for me <333 my mom and dad are gonna buy me popcorn and soda so i can relax in style ;)

debtdbruno
01-01-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm sure you'll have better things to do on sunday http://smiley.net.ru/emowin026.gif

You are sooooo right Donut.....................I'm sky+ 'ing it...LOL

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::king::king::king::lmfao::lmf ao::king::king::bye::bye:

Donut
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
You are sooooo right Donut.....................I'm sky+ 'ing it...LOL

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::king::king::king::lmfao::lmf ao::king::king::bye::bye:

Have fun in Memphis, Deb! :bye:

TotallyInsane
01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I hope they broadcast something new, too.

I naturally view DVDs of the Comeback Special and Aloha on a regular basis, and EBTP daily, for disturbingly obvious reasons.

Not to worry Teddy - I'll get you some new pix of Priscilla next week at Graceland!!!

debtdbruno
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Have fun in Memphis, Deb! :bye:

Thanks Donut(y)(y)

U.S. Male
01-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Turner Classic Movies (here in the USA) will be showing Elvis movies....FINALLY!!!!

A couple fo years ago they didn't show any, and I sent them a very "nice" letter voicing my opinion regarding their in-action :angry:

Looks like I wasn't alone :lol: (y)

Teddy
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Not to worry Teddy - I'll get you some new pix of Priscilla next week at Graceland!!!

:supriced:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)http://smiley.net.ru/celnew300.gif
Can't wait! :D

Teddy
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM

So I see! (y)
And I'm happy to say that I don't have anything better to do :lol:

Merry
01-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Just to let you know, in case you didn't already :blink: there are a few "Elvis" programmes on next week, to commemorate what would have been Elvis's 75th birthday on Friday 8th. (y)

"Elvis By The Presleys", "Aloha from Hawaii" and a couple more I think.

(That's for us in the UK anyway) :blush:

My taping finger is now out (wonder what a "taping finger" is? lol), ready to go, lol, in case they screen something in Australia! :D

Thanks, May.

Unchained Melody
01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Turner Classic Movies (here in the USA) will be showing Elvis movies....FINALLY!!!!

A couple fo years ago they didn't show any, and I sent them a very "nice" letter voicing my opinion regarding their in-action :angry:

Looks like I wasn't alone :lol: (y)

Thanks for the news Steve, will try and catch some on tv ! (y)

Lisarose
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
This was listed on another MB, I swiped for anyone here who is interested. Drat - I don't get the Bio channel, would have loved to have taped that Tupelo feature!

HOUND DOG (2008)
Directed By: Deborah Kampmeier. Cast: Dakota Fanning, Robin Wright Penn, David Morse, Piper Laurie, Jill Scott.

A young troubled girl finds a safe haven in the music and movement of Elvis Presley. USA - Rated R, 102 min., Color.

Thu Jan 7 4:20 PM Starz Cinema

Turner Classic Movies celebrates Elvis Presley on 75th birthday, 20-hour movie marathon to air Jan. 8

Seventy-five years ago this January, the future of popular music was changed forever with the birth of the one-and-only Elvis Presley. On Friday, Jan. 8, Priscilla Presley and longtime friend Jerry Schilling will join Robert Osborne as Turner Classic Movies (TCM) celebrates the 75th anniversary of the birth of “The King.” Their introductions will be part of a 20-hour marathon of movies and concert documentaries.

The following is a complete schedule for TCM’s 75th birthday celebration of Elvis Presley (all times eastern - be sure to check your local listings!):

HARUM SCARUM (1965)
Directed by: Gene Nelson. Cast: Elvis Presley, Mary Ann Mobley, Fran Jeffries.

Fri Jan 8 6:00 AM TCM

THE TODAY SHOW
Elvis' 75th birthday celebration will be featured

Fri Jan 8 7:00 AM NBC

E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY: THE LAST DAYS OF ELVIS
Recalling the last days of Elvis Presley, the “King of Rock and Roll,” who died in 1977. Included: memories and speculations from friends.

Fri Jan 8 7:00 AM E!

KISSIN' COUSINS (1964)
Directed by: Gene Nelson Cast: Elvis Presley, Arthur O'Connell, Yvonne Craig.

Fri Jan 8 7:45 AM TCM

BIOGRAPHY: ELVIS - RETURN TO TUPELO
A profile of Elvis Presley examines his formative years in Tupelo, Miss., from 1935 to 1956, and the influence of his hometown on his personality and music.

Fri Jan 8 8:00 AM & 2:00 PM BIO

E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY: LISA MARIE PRESLEY
A profile of the daughter of the king of rock 'n' roll.

Fri Jan 8 9:00 AM E!

SPINOUT (1966)
Directed by: Norman Taurog. Cast: Elvis Presley, Shelley Fabares, Diane McBain.

Fri Jan 8 9:30 AM TCM
Tue Jan 19 2:45 PM TCM

ROUSTABOUT (1964)
Directed by: John Rich. Cast: Elvis Presley, Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Freeman.

Fri Jan 8 11:15 AM TCM

GIRL HAPPY (1965)
Directed by: Boris Sagal. Cast: Elvis Presley, Shelley Fabares, Gary Crosby.

Fri Jan 8 1:00 PM TCM
Tue Jan 19 4:30 PM TCM

QVC CELEBRATES ELVIS PRESLEY'S 75TH BIRTHDAY
In celebration of Elvis' 75th birthday year, the home shopping channel, QVC will broadcast two shows on Jan 8th. The show will feature new music, memorabilia, and collectibles to celebrate the King of Rock 'n' Roll on this historic occasion. Check your local listings for the channel in your area.

Fri Jan 8 1:00 & 6:00 PM QVC

WILD IN THE COUNTRY (1961)
Directed by: Phillip Dunne. Cast: Elvis Presley, Hope Lange, Tuesday Weld, Millie Perkins, Rafer Johnson.

Fri Jan 8 2:00 PM FMC
Wed, Jan 13, 4:00 PM FMC

SPEEDWAY (1968)
Directed by: Norman Taurog. Cast: Elvis Presley, Nancy Sinatra, Bill Bixby.

Fri Jan 8 2:45 PM TCM

FLAMING STAR (1960)
Directed by: Don Siegel. Cast: Elvis Presley, Steve Forrest, Barbara Eden, Dolores Del Rio, John McIntire

Fri Jan 8 4:00 PM FMC
Tue, Jan 12, 4:00 PM FMC

BLUE HAWAII (1961)
Directed by: Norman Taurog. Cast: Elvis Presley, Joan Blackman, Angela Lansbury

Fri Jan 8 4:30 PM TCM

VIVA LAS VEGAS (1964)
Directed by: George Sidney. Cast: Elvis Presley, Ann-Margret, Cesare Danova.

Fri Jan 8 6:15 PM TCM

ELVIS ON TOUR (1972)
Directed by: Robert Abel, Pierre Aldridge. Cast: Elvis Presley, James Burton, Glenn D. Hardin.

Extensive concert footage highlights this documentary about the King's touring in the early '70s. C-93 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

Fri Jan 8 8:00 PM TCM

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS (2001)
Directed by: Denis Sanders. Cast: Elvis Presley.

Restored version of the King's classic Vegas concert film. C-96 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

Fri Jan 8 10:00 PM TCM

JAILHOUSE ROCK (1957)
Directed by: Richard Thorpe. Cast: Elvis Presley, Judy Tyler, Mickey Shaughnessy.

Sat Jan 9 12:00 AM TCM

LOVE ME TENDER: THE LOVE SONGS OF ELVIS PRESLEY
An exploration of the romantic side of Elvis Presley's music, including "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" and "Love Me Tender." Ashley Judd narrates.

Sat Jan 9 9:00 PM PBS

HE TOUCHED ME: THE GOSPEL MUSIC OF ELVIS PRESLEY
Elvis Presley's love of gospel music is chronicled with photos, interviews and archival footage.

Sat Jan 9 10:30 PM PBS

Lisarose
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
And for UK members:

VIVA LAS VEGAS (1964)

Musical starring Elvis Presley as a racing driver trying to raise funds to race in the Las Vegas Grand Prix. With Ann-Margret. (U) (1964) (Rating: 3/5) SUB

Sun Jan 3 2:40 PM five

ELVIS IN VEGAS
How Elvis Presley transformed Las Vegas in the 1970s and how Vegas helped to destroy him.

Sun Jan 3 9:05 PM BBC 2 London
Fri Jan 8 9:00 PM BBC 4

ELVIS: ALOHA FROM HAWAII
Concert performance by 'the King' including hits such as Burning Love.

Sun Jan 3 10:05 PM BBC 2

ELVIS LIVES! THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT (1997)
Spectacular concert which sees the King reunited with the surviving members of his original TCB Band who perform live on stage in Memphis while Elvis sings on-screen. Dolby Stereo, Widescreen

Mon Jan 4 9:00 PM Sky Arts 1 and Sky Arts 1 HD
Tue Jan 5 9:00 AM Sky Arts 1 & Sky Arts 1 HD
Fri Jan 8 10:00 PM Sky Arts 1 & Sky Arts 1 HD
Sat Jan 9 10:05 AM & 3:05 PM Sky Arts 1 & Sky Arts 1 HD

THE BRAND
Paul Gambaccini explores Elvis Presley's undiminished fame and power as an American icon. Paul unlocks the components of the 'Elvis brand' as they evolved in his lifetime. Paul Gorman considers Presley's changing but always identifiable styles, from the pink and black suits of the rockabilly years to the comic book jumpsuits of the Vegas years. Paul also reflects on the mythology of Elvis' life, with the help of "Memphis Mafia" member Jerry Shilling, former girlfriend Betty Burger and critics Greil Marcus and David Hepworth. He covers the early poverty, Presley's encounter with Sam Phillips of Sun Records, his army career, the profligacy and the music to give an account of why Elvis is still a highly bankable brand.

Part 1 - Mon Jan 4 11:30 PM BBC Radio Two
Part 2 - Tue Jan 5 11:30 PM BBC Radio Two

THE E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY: THE LAST DAYS OF ELVIS
An insight into the final days of rock 'n' roll legend Elvis Presley

Tue Jan 5 8:00 PM E!

ELVIS AND JUNE: A LOVE STORY
A revealing documentary about the star and his early girlfriend, June Juanico.

Tue Jan 5 9:00 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD
Wed Jan 6 12:30 AM Sky Arts
Wed Jan 6 9:00 AM & 12:00 PMSky Arts & Sky Arts HD
Fri Jan 8 11:00 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD
Sat Jan 9 12:00 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD

ELVIS BY THE PRESLEY - UNCUT
Part of the Elvis 75 strand SUB

Tue Jan 5 11:00 PM BBC 4Wed Jan 6 11:00 PM BBC 4
Thu Jan 7 11:05 PM BBC 4
Fri Jan 8 11:00 PM BBC 4

GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT: THE LEGACY OF SUN RECORDS
The history of the record label that launched the careers of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Roy Orbison

Wed Jan 6 4:05 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD

ALTERED BY ELVIS
Documentary exploring the lives of people deeply and permanently affected by Elvis Presley. Witness how this great celebrity is always on their minds.

Wed Jan 6 9:00 & 11:00 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD
Thu Jan 7 9:00 & 11:00 AM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD
Sat Jan 9 11:05 AM Sky Arts 1 & Sky Arts 1 HD

CLASSIC ALBUMS: ELVIS PRESLEY
Insight into the making of Elvis Presley's 1956 eponymous first album, featuring contributions by the original musicians, as well as friends and colleagues including Keith Richards and BB King. The programme includes footage of the King performing classic tracks such as Heartbreak Hotel and Blue Suede Shoes, and examines the record's production.

Thu Jan 7 9:00 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD
Fri Jan 8 12:05, 6:05 & 11:50 PM Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD

ROCK SHRINES: ELVIS
Every year up to 30,000 people converge on Graceland to pay tribute to their hero Elvis Presley, who died in 1977, turning Memphis into a shrine to the King. Part of the Elvis 75 strand SUB

Thu Jan 7 10:00 PM BBC Four

TAKING CARE OF ELVIS
General Arts/Culture

Thu Jan 7 11:00 PM Sky Arts

ELVIS: RETURN TO TUPELO
Charting the early life of Elvis Presley, from his humble beginnings in Mississippi to his rise to fame in 1956

Fri Jan 8 8:00 PM BIO
Sat Jan 9 1:00 AM, 7:00 AM & 12:00 PM BIO

ELVIS '56 SPECIAL
Documentary capturing the sights and sounds of the pivotal year in Elvis's journey to become the King of rock 'n' roll. Features rare footage, photos and recordings.

Fri Jan 8 9:00 PM Sky Arts 1 & Sky Arts 1 HD
Sat Jan 9 9:00 AM, 2:00 & 6:00 PM Sky Arts 1 & Sky Arts 1 HD

...SINGS ELVIS (Documentary)
To mark the 75th anniversary of Elvis Presley's birth, a host of performances by artists covering the King's classic songs. Cliff Richard, Paul McCartney, Tom Jones and John Cale all pay tribute to the King, while the original songwriters of some of Elvis's greatest hits perform their own versions of classic tracks, including Carl Perkins singing Blue Suede Shoes. Other artists include the Deep River Boys, the Stylistics, Boy George, Alison Moyet, the Pet Shop Boys and Robbie Williams. Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles

Fri Jan 8 10:00 PM BBC 4
Sat Jan 9 1:05 AM & 9:30 PM BBC 4

ELVIS PRESLEY: THE LAST 24 HOURS
On 17 August 1977, Elvis Presley, loved and adored by millions of fans worldwide, died alone and virtually penniless**. Discover the last 24hrs of the life of the king of rock and roll.

(**Huh???)

Fri Jan 8 10:00 PM BIO
Sat Jan 9 9:00 AM & 2:00 PM BIO

A LITTLE BIT OF ELVIS
Frank Skinner takes a road trip across America to discover whether a shirt he bought for 11,000 really did belong to the king of rock'n'roll

Fri Jan 8 11:00 PM BIO

DEATH BY EXCESS: ELVIS
An insight into the death of the King of rock 'n' roll - Elvis Presley. Many were surprised by his premature death at the relatively young age of 42, given his youthful deportment and slender figure during his heyday. The programme uses CGI to expose the damage done to his internal organs through years of abuse, which eventually caused him to suffer a fatal heart attack SUB

Fri Jan 8 11:40 PM Sky Three

DEAD FAMOUS: ELVIS PRESLEY
Gail Porter and Chris Fleming head for Memphis to investigate reported sightings of Elvis Presley

Sat Jan 9 12:00 AM BIO

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY (1966)
Musical starring Elvis Presley as a riverboat gambler who must reform his ways if he is to get married. With Donna Douglas. (U) (Rating: 2/5)

Tue Jan 12 3:00 PM TCM
Tue Jan 12 3:00 PM TCM2

Thanks to "Moonkid" on Elvis Insiders! And if I did something "illegal", My apologies.

GIORGIA
01-03-2010, 09:30 PM
My God:supriced:!This is Sooooooooooooooooooo Amazing:wub:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!(without E!True Hollywood Story(n)!Because for Me is an orrible programm(n)!I call this E!NOT True Hollywood Story!)Lucky You(y)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As I write before here in Italy NOTHING:'(:'(:'(!I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD FOR THAT:'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY:angry::angry::angry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!So,I'm Celebrate His BirthDay on My Own:wub:!I Wacthing(Thank's To MySelf:wub::D!)My Love Elvis:wub::wub::wub::wub:!

TCE
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Here in Holland not a single programm dedicated to Elvis, even worse they broadcast things of Michael Jackson ! They're crazy!:cursing: What's wrong with the people I think.They're nuts and it's a disgrace to Elvis. Why not show Good movies like: Flaming star, King Creole, jailhouse rock, double trouble etc. or good doc's like: Elvis, He touch me. So pleople can see the other side of Elvis and maybe get more respect for him.

Christel. (TCE)

SleepyJack
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Not one Elvis-related programme that I can find from the Irish tv stations.....Grrrr... Hope their puppets go on strike!!!

Teddy
01-08-2010, 03:54 PM
UK residents will be ecstatic about what is showing on the Biography Channel at 7pm this evening (y)

Time to close the curtains and light some candles :closedeye

Oh, and there's some Elvis stuff on afterwards ;)

Donut
01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
We here only have Elvis: Return to Tupelo on the Biography Channel, and they have shown it 80 times since last summer :mad: