PDA

View Full Version : I am Defending Elvis on another message board.

Elvis and Johnny
12-31-2009, 06:36 AM
I posted some pictures of Elvis on another message board, and they started making fun of him about all kinds of stuff.

You post anything about Elvis and people start saying things about drugs, his weight, etc...

So I posted this to shut them up:

"Elvis did NOT do drugs like everyone thinks. He was prescribed those drugs by Tom Parker and his crooked doctors. They kept giving Elvis those pills to keep him performing so they could make more money off of him. Elvis got sick just like his Mom did, and almost at the same exact age as his Mom. Elvis died at 42 years old, and his Mom died at 46 years old. His Mom died August 14, 1958 and Elvis died August 16, 1977. Elvis had Heart problems, and many of the same Health problems his Mom had, and Parker and his doctors kept giving him pills to keep him performing. They did not care Elvis was sick, and Elvis did not want to let the fans down, so he would listen to the doctors and Parker. Nobody cared about Elvis' Health, they just cared about money. Also, Elvis NEVER took street drugs like some people say. If somebody would have let Elvis take a break, get his health back to normal, and let him perform a normal amount of concerts (not the great amount they made him perform), and give him medication that would actually help him, he would have lived. Elvis was worked to death, and it was all because of Parker and the doctors. Also, all of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors, his Memphis Mafia guys make up a lot of stuff just to make more money off of Elvis. I would not believe a word they say."

Elvis and Johnny
12-31-2009, 06:39 AM
Also, this other message board I posted on is a car website. I thought they were my "friends", but I guess not.

Genie
12-31-2009, 07:21 AM
Honey how well I know that place your coming from, and it is very hard to stand alone. I had 5 years of it due to no moderators on AEK!
But if that was all I could offer to Elvis than it was worth every moment of it.
Which one are you having a problem with, maybe I can help?

For the record though, Elvis knows who loves him, no one is that dead, that wherever the spirit goes, they don't know who was their friend and who was not.
I'll never know...a little play on Elvis songs here, what caused her to change, but I remain the same Aladdin (Genie) that I have been for 7 years.
Nothing is worth a broken heart, so contact me if you need to.
Don't stand alone, if someone is willing to help. Aladdin137@aol.com
Love ~Genie

(I edited your post Genie for obvious reasons I guess...)

elvis4ever
12-31-2009, 10:53 AM
unbelievable what people write on message boards about elvis:'( just goes to show you how low they can be just to make up lies for there sad little life they've got :doh: urgh! makes me mad! thanks johnny for defending elvis(y) thats so sweet! but you know what? you shouldn't even have to bother explaining to jerks like them, its clear to me that there just dumb people :no:

T_J
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
"Elvis did NOT do drugs like everyone thinks. He was prescribed those drugs by Tom Parker and his crooked doctors. They kept giving Elvis those pills to keep him performing so they could make more money off of him.

Parker had many faults but really had nothing to do with Elvis' drug habit. It certainly wasn't in his interests for Elvis to be taking all the meds that he was. Ultimately, the addictions were making him sicker than any ailments the meds were supposed to treat.

We as fans need to face up to this issue and realise that Elvis had his role to play in the addiction. He didn't sit passively by while people rammed pills down his throat. As his addictions grew stronger, he would do what he could to get the pills, including having several doctors writing prescriptions. That's the sad thing about addiction - it's totally self destructive. The doctors of course failed in their duty of care because they had their head turned by easy money. Elvis could be a very persuasive addict because he had very deep pockets and a powerful personality. The sad thing is that the willingness of the docs to fill these prescriptions meant that Elvis could delude himself that his intake was legitimate and necessary. It was neither.

There's no shame in any of that and certainly no need for fans to get defensive about it or cast Elvis as having no role to play in his own addiction. It's just a tragic story that's too often repeated.

mistymorning
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I think by defending Elvis we do him more damage ! he doesn't need any defending ! he is acknowledged as one of the best singers of 20" century ( and in my opinion the best ) a great pioneer of new music , loved by millions all over the world ! When you say " Elvis " the first person that comes to your mind is himself ! the only person whose first name is known all over the world . A style setter , a great personality that after more than 30 years after his death his songs are still in the top of best sellers !
He was just fat for one or two years before his death and why should any one dare to make fun of a fat person ? what's wrong with being fat ? only a personal matter .
And about the " drugs " " elvis and Johnny " has given a good explanation . the people who make fun of him are fools or jealous .

GIORGIA
12-31-2009, 08:23 PM
I think by defending Elvis we do him more damage ! he doesn't need any defending ! he is acknowledged as one of the best singers of 20" century ( and in my opinion the best ) a great pioneer of new music , loved by millions all over the world ! When you say " Elvis " the first person that comes to your mind is himself ! the only person whose first name is known all over the world . A style setter , a great personality that after more than 30 years after his death his songs are still in the top of best sellers !
He was just fat for one or two years before his death and why should any one dare to make fun of a fat person ? what's wrong with being fat ? only a personal matter .
And about the " drugs " " elvis and Johnny " has given a good explanation . the people who make fun of him are fools or jealous .Absolutely true my dear!Beautiful,true words:wub::hug:(y)!

Hominuk
12-31-2009, 09:05 PM
And about the " drugs " " elvis and Johnny " has given a good explanation . the people who make fun of him are fools or jealous .

Agreed....only a simpleton would fail to recognize the huge contributions Elvis made to the world, not only in music, but his humanitarian contributions....people who criticize make themselves look like *****s.

rocknroll
12-31-2009, 09:39 PM
I posted some pictures of Elvis on another message board, and they started making fun of him about all kinds of stuff.

You post anything about Elvis and people start saying things about drugs, his weight, etc...

So I posted this to shut them up:

"Elvis did NOT do drugs like everyone thinks. He was prescribed those drugs by Tom Parker and his crooked doctors. They kept giving Elvis those pills to keep him performing so they could make more money off of him. Elvis got sick just like his Mom did, and almost at the same exact age as his Mom. Elvis died at 42 years old, and his Mom died at 46 years old. His Mom died August 14, 1958 and Elvis died August 16, 1977. Elvis had Heart problems, and many of the same Health problems his Mom had, and Parker and his doctors kept giving him pills to keep him performing. They did not care Elvis was sick, and Elvis did not want to let the fans down, so he would listen to the doctors and Parker. Nobody cared about Elvis' Health, they just cared about money. Also, Elvis NEVER took street drugs like some people say. If somebody would have let Elvis take a break, get his health back to normal, and let him perform a normal amount of concerts (not the great amount they made him perform), and give him medication that would actually help him, he would have lived. Elvis was worked to death, and it was all because of Parker and the doctors. Also, all of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors, his Memphis Mafia guys make up a lot of stuff just to make more money off of Elvis. I would not believe a word they say."

Your misinformation is setting you up for abuse on that board.

debtdbruno
12-31-2009, 09:59 PM

He has stood the test of time...............

sasha
12-31-2009, 10:04 PM
I'd suggest you send them to Elvis Presley's relatives here :
http://www.elvisandhistory.com/sitemap.html

They tell a completly different story than some out here.:)
Look for the Moody Blue Album & drug story on there .
Ignore those that know nothing. Good luck .!!(y)

Genie
12-31-2009, 10:20 PM
YES..LOL I see that, and it is OK..... sometimes I get carried away, and that is why I am here and not on AEK. Luv YA!

poormansgold
12-31-2009, 10:23 PM
I Was same vote you was few years ago and I try Same thing you did On few treads and fourms and I didn't go way with it. with that kind people , don't get stress out over them, move on and do something right , I been doing alternate CD Covers since .
Tom

annie1000
01-01-2010, 12:46 AM
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Getlo
01-01-2010, 03:20 AM
" He was prescribed those drugs by Tom Parker and his crooked doctors. ... Parker and his doctors kept giving him pills to keep him performing. They did not care Elvis was sick ... Nobody cared about Elvis' Health, they just cared about money. Also, Elvis NEVER took street drugs like some people say. ... Elvis was worked to death, and it was all because of Parker and the doctors. Also, all of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors, his Memphis Mafia guys make up a lot of stuff just to make more money off of Elvis."

Sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

The Colonel was one of the staunchest critics of Elvis' drug use. Yes, he could have done much more to help Elvis, but to suggest he condoned Elvis' drug habit is way off the mark.

"Nobody cared about Elvis' health" ... where do I start? Again, just plain wrong.

"All of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors" ... oh, please. Really? And just what bad stuff are you talking about here? Be specific is you choose to respond.

Fact: there is a minuscule amount of stuff that the MM have told over the years that may be in doubt. But the rest is true.

Accept it.

Getlo
01-01-2010, 03:25 AM
I'd suggest you send them to Elvis Presley's relatives here :
http://www.elvisandhistory.com/sitemap.html

From the site:

"The true story is that Elvis hated, deplored, and detested drugs ..."

Man, that is just too funny for words! :lmfao:

Elvis and Johnny
01-01-2010, 03:32 AM
I was just trying to defend Elvis, because they started posting TERRIBLE pictures (things I don't even want to mention), and calling him all kinds of horrible names.

I just think someone as great as Elvis should not be remembered like that. I was trying to get them to see how great he is.

Getlo
01-01-2010, 03:35 AM
"Elvis did not use narcotics of his own volition. He did not do drugs for a lark ..."

Classic, blinkered delusion! Yeah, they really forced that stuff down his throat al right!!

:rolleyes:

Getlo
01-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Wow, that site if full of gems ...

About Parker: "Not a Colonel by military rank, but by self-acclaim ..."

Just so wrong. Guess they missed the part of Parker's life when he had the honorary rank of Colonel bestowed on him. Oh well.

Oh, and they bring out the old "blame the Army" line too, for Elvis' drug use. Fair enough, the Army gave him his first amphetamines. But they fail to mention the vast majority of soldiers who left the Army without continuing to take drugs!

"It is said that Col. Parker gave Elvis tranquilizers to help calm him down, especially if there was something the Colonel didn't want Elvis to have any input with such as a new offer that he knew Elvis would want but he did not want Elvis to take ..."

It is said? By whom? Baseless allegations do not a good website make!

"Elvis' personal nurse, Marian Cocke, was loyal in her approval and disapproval of certain meds and correct to wonder with great concern about all of it ..."

Yet, she kept giving Elvis his meds, then later wrote a book. But because that book portrayed Elvis as a nice boy, she is forgiven. Please.

"He had had a deformed colon since birth ..." Yeah? Says who?

"An aching back attributed from a couple of different ailments ..." Says who?

"His heart became a problem since his first heart attack ..." Since his WHAT now?

"Near the end, Elvis could barely walk out to the stage on his own and had to be helped ..." Really? In Concert and other home movie footage of the time disproves this.

"It was not drugs that made him appear listless and spacy ..." Uh-huh. What was it then?

"Elvis at one of his last concerts, looking pale and bloated". - photo caption from a concert pic ... from July ... 1973.

"Rick Stanley had a serious drug problem of which he blamed Elvis ..." Where exactly did Rick blame Elvis for his drug usage? What words did he use?

"Dr. Nick and other physicians, namely, two, forced Elvis into what appeared to be a daily regimen of medicating during tours ..." FORCED?!!!

"Ginger Alden amazingly took a shower and put on her makeup in the very bathroom where Elvis lie dead on the floor. This is way out of line and unbelievable and unacceptable inhuman behavior." And it's also completely UNTRUE!!

Geez. There's defending Elvis, then there's being completely, utterly deluded about what happened to him.

Genie
01-01-2010, 03:54 AM
From the site:

"The true story is that Elvis hated, deplored, and detested drugs ..."

Man, that is just too funny for words! :lmfao:

It's not that funny Getlo, and it lay somewhere between sad and pitiful.

Getlo
01-01-2010, 03:55 AM
It's not that funny Getlo, and it lay somewhere between sad and pitiful.

Yeah, sad and pitiful that anyone could say that with a straight face! :lmfao:

Genie
01-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Wow, that site if full of gems ...

About Parker: "Not a Colonel by military rank, but by self-acclaim ..."

Just so wrong. Guess they missed the part of Parker's life when he had the honorary rank of Colonel bestowed on him. Oh well.

Oh, and they bring out the old "blame the Army" line too, for Elvis' drug use. Fair enough, the Army gave him his first amphetamines. But they fail to mention the vast majority of soldiers who left the Army without continuing to take drugs!

"It is said that Col. Parker gave Elvis tranquilizers to help calm him down, especially if there was something the Colonel didn't want Elvis to have any input with such as a new offer that he knew Elvis would want but he did not want Elvis to take ..."

It is said? By whom? Baseless allegations do not a good website make!

"Elvis' personal nurse, Marian Cocke, was loyal in her approval and disapproval of certain meds and correct to wonder with great concern about all of it ..."

Yet, she kept giving Elvis his meds, then later wrote a book. But because that book portrayed Elvis as a nice boy, she is forgiven. Please.

"He had had a deformed colon since birth ..." Yeah? Says who?

"An aching back attributed from a couple of different ailments ..." Says who?

"His heart became a problem since his first heart attack ..." Since his WHAT now?

"Near the end, Elvis could barely walk out to the stage on his own and had to be helped ..." Really? In Concert and other home movie footage of the time disproves this.

"It was not drugs that made him appear listless and spacy ..." Uh-huh. What was it then?

"Elvis at one of his last concerts, looking pale and bloated". - photo caption from a concert pic ... from July ... 1973.

"Rick Stanley had a serious drug problem of which he blamed Elvis ..." Where exactly did Rick blame Elvis for his drug usage? What words did he use?

"Dr. Nick and other physicians, namely, two, forced Elvis into what appeared to be a daily regimen of medicating during tours ..." FORCED?!!!

"Ginger Alden amazingly took a shower and put on her makeup in the very bathroom where Elvis lie dead on the floor. This is way out of line and unbelievable and unacceptable inhuman behavior." And it's also completely UNTRUE!!

Geez. There's defending Elvis, then there's being completely, utterly deluded about what happened to him.

Are you helping this fella out on this station or just complaining about the silly facts they claim for us? What station is it by the way..I'll tell them! So will GINGER!
But you have a few things wrong in here also sweetie.

Genie
01-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah, sad and pitiful that anyone could say that with a straight face! :lmfao:

Let me clarify my comment. It is sad and pitiful that people talk about Elvis this way.
Careful now my friend, you seem to be a little high strug this New Years Eve?
Don't know about you, but I'd like to help this guy. Help some *****s get Elvis right, and not get baned for any of it.. hummmmm? Deal?

Genie
01-01-2010, 04:02 AM
I was just trying to defend Elvis, because they started posting TERRIBLE pictures (things I don't even want to mention), and calling him all kinds of horrible names.

I just think someone as great as Elvis should not be remembered like that. I was trying to get them to see how great he is.

Let me know the site hon..ok?

Happy New Year also

Getlo
01-01-2010, 04:06 AM
But you have a few things wrong in here also sweetie.

I do not.

Careful now my friend, you seem to be a little high strug this New Years Eve?

It's well into New Year's Day here, dear. I had no desire to spend my New Year's Eve chatting on an Elvis forum.

:rolleyes:

Genie
01-01-2010, 04:08 AM

The Colonel was one of the staunchest critics of Elvis' drug use. Yes, he could have done much more to help Elvis, but to suggest he condoned Elvis' drug habit is way off the mark.

"Nobody cared about Elvis' health" ... where do I start? Again, just plain wrong.

"All of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors" ... oh, please. Really? And just what bad stuff are you talking about here? Be specific is you choose to respond.

Fact: there is a minuscule amount of stuff that the MM have told over the years that may be in doubt. But the rest is true.

Accept it.

OOOps..on your post here... let me help set the record straight. Parker did in fact feed Elvis a handful of uppers and pain killers on one of his last concerts, he was sick, he has stomch trouble and he didn't appear to be able to go on....Parker was desperate, he was sold out! So..that is wrong..

There is 75% of slack loose mouth garbage which has come out of especially Marty Lacker's mouth. In print for everyone to believe or disbelieve. He doesn't care as long as the money royalties come floating in... anyone who knew Elvis, can verify that those vultures got away with a huge amount of lies!

Getlo
01-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Parker did in fact feed Elvis a handful of uppers and pain killers on one of his last concerts

Really? What concert? What date and location? What is the source for this claim?

There is 75% of slack loose mouth garbage which has come out of especially Marty Lacker's mouth.

You mean the same Marty Lacker that exposed you as a complete fraud over on AEK? The same Marty who showed that none of your dates and facts matched up to anything?

Elvis and Johnny
01-01-2010, 04:17 AM
I REALLY did NOT want to start an argument on this website.

Maybe we should just lock this topic.

Genie
01-01-2010, 04:17 AM
I do not.
YES YOU DO.

It's well into New Year's Day here, dear. I had no desire to spend my New Year's Eve chatting on an Elvis forum.

:rolleyes:Glad to hear it.

Genie
01-01-2010, 04:19 AM

Accept it. "Accept it" ???? Implies you are correct and no one else is.. were you there?Did you know Elvis?

Now lets backup here, he is not "Completely wrong"
Fair is fair, and you are not giving the post he made an equal opportunity to your personal views.

Genie
01-01-2010, 05:24 AM
I REALLY did NOT want to start an argument on this website.

Maybe we should just lock this topic.

Hey sweetie, you haven't done anything wrong, and if you did, or I did we would be told by the moderators. It is a ligit subject, and your posts are in my opinion just fine. Please don't go away, and also will you tell me what channel you are doing the Elvis defending on..I can help.

Genie
01-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Really? What concert? What date and location? What is the source for this claim?

I have really had enough of this rolling the eyes attitude.

You mean the same Marty Lacker that exposed you as a complete fraud over on AEK? The same Marty who showed that none of your dates and facts matched up to anything?

I beg your pardon! I shut the origonal AEK down@! Didn't hear it the way it happened huh?
I am anything but a FRAUD! You have insulted me, on line in front of everyone..so this time I am reporting you!

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-01-2010, 12:34 PM
This topic is going nowhere fast, please leave this subject well alone.

Sonny
01-01-2010, 03:15 PM
We all see the points that are made friends.

Keep this thread clean please.