PDA

View Full Version : Do these exists

maxiefields
12-23-2009, 07:06 PM
While rereading Elvis The Final Years by Jerry Hopkins Bob Abel says he filmed about fifty hours of elvis while filming "elvis on tour" .I know alot has been issued recently but not this amount.
Also reading an old interview with Joe Tunzi he states there is a soundboard of Elvis last concert ??
what do you think

Jungleroom76
12-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I do believe there is a soundboard of the final show from Indianapolis, but if I remember correctly, the person who has it won't let it go. :hmm:

As for the EOT footage, I'm not sure if there is 50 hours worth, but there must be quite a bit considering how many shows and rehearsals they filmed plus all of the other miscellaneous Elvis and non-Elvis footage.

TCB!
Mike

KPM
12-23-2009, 09:20 PM
The probably do have 50 hours-but its not all just Elvis, some were location shots, some were like the old man who explains how Elvis will come into the hotel, some were like the airport shots etc....how much is actual performances is the question.

maxiefields
12-23-2009, 11:18 PM
In this book The Final Days(p57) quote "I took a 3/4 inch sony portapack with me when I previewed the show in Buffalo to videotape the concert so we could study the music and study all his moves"Abel says.It was mandatory that any cameraman who was to work for us had to watch the tape I'd made to know all his moves.
I wonder if this still exists and if so who has them Abel?

Getlo
12-24-2009, 12:28 AM
In this book The Final Days(p57) quote "I took a 3/4 inch sony portapack with me when I previewed the show in Buffalo to videotape the concert so we could study the music and study all his moves"Abel says.It was mandatory that any cameraman who was to work for us had to watch the tape I'd made to know all his moves.
I wonder if this still exists and if so who has them Abel?

The footage still exists, presumably.

A snippet of Buffalo made it into On Tour. Of course, Abel didn't film all the show, just a few minutes to work out the camera angles for later on. Abel also filmed part of at least one other show this way.

As for the MGM cameras, they were there for four shows only.

And the rest: other people interviews, Graceland, background etc

Abel and Adidge are both long dead now anyway, so the point is rather moot.

monk37
12-24-2009, 03:05 AM
they probably do exist and someone has them

hopefully they will fall into enterprising hands

Genie
12-24-2009, 07:29 AM
they probably do exist and someone has them

hopefully they will fall into enterprising hands

:)
Yes Sir, I have heard through the grapevine that these things do exisit.
As usual maybe someone is holding out for the highest bidder? Don't know...:no: