PDA

View Full Version : Is your love for Elvis contagious?

Donut
12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Have you ever turned anyone into an Elvis fan? How did you do it?
Forcing them to watch his DVDs and listen to his music :lol: telling them about his funny side and generosity?... I've done all this and it works (y)

I am so good at it that they even ask me to lend them my Elvis books :closedeye

SleepyJack
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
There have been quite a few people over the years who have caught some Presleyitis from me! I try my best not to be too pushy about it, I don`t go around licking peoples cups and saucers or anything like that...just making sure that they get exposed to the best of Mr. Presley...it doesn`t usually take long for them to become infected!

Donut
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I don`t go around licking peoples cups and saucers or anything like that..

http://smiley.net.ru/emolau187.gif That would be the easiest way.

SleepyJack
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
He is one of the greatest recording artists and entertainers of all time,he is still adored by millions,his style and charisma were second-to-none.....but now Elvis Presley has become.... AN EPIDEMIC!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

May
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
! I try my best not to be too pushy about it, I don`t go around licking peoples cups and saucers or anything like that...!

You don't ? :supriced:

That's not very thorough then is it!??? :nono::closedeye

:lol:

SleepyJack
12-11-2009, 05:41 PM
It`s my school-days all over again.... "Must try harder"!!!:blush::blush::blush:

May
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Indeed!!

I bet you had lots of red biro crosses all over your school books!!:lol::lol:;)

Awickedreigndrop
12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I think I've turned a few peeps. ^_~ What can I say, the man is contagious!

May
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Unfortunately I havent had the same effect. I always seem to get people who question why I love Elvis.

I mean, seriously, what IS there to question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Junebug
12-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Sure, I suppose maybe........

Certainly an exposure or introduction to him.....

But there is no forcing.....it just happens naturally with people who are around me at those times I am 'involved' with Elvis....whether listening to his music, watching his movies, going to Graceland, commemorating events of his life, browsing through my 'Elvis' bookshelf, wearing anything 'Elvis', or just knowing I have an interest in Elvis and casually talking about him.

IMO, the 'love' seems to come from one's own self-discovery of Elvis and how he resonates for you.....if at all.....

So, in a way, YES - I think an exposure/introduction to Elvis can be contagious and turn some into 'fans'...

:king:

monk37
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes, when I moved out of my parent's house - my Mom - a Beatles fan who saw them perfom in 1964

started buying Elvis cds.

my 16 year old niece is an Elvis fan too.

in fact: I went to my niece's xmas play last night

and as we were filtering in and getting our seats - they played Elvis' xmas songs - the original not remixed or duetted ones.

I asked my sister if the teacher was an Elvis fan - because it was all Elvis - no other singers - about 5 songs and then the play started

she said no, that the teenagers had programmed the music.

it was the best part of the evening

the play was terrible. but the music was great

by "the teenagers" I am leaning to assuming my niece who was the stage manager, programmed the music.

She's a very forceful personality

Donut
12-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Good work everyone! http://smiley.net.ru/chamil107.gif

Merry
12-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Forcing them to watch his DVDs and listen to his music :lol: telling them about his funny side and generosity?... I've done all this and it works (y)

Dear Donut, please invite me over, lol, and "force me" to watch some movies and listen to music with you :D lol (y) :lmfao:

Donut
12-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Dear Donut, please invite me over, lol, and "force me" to watch some movies and listen to music with you :D lol (y) :lmfao:

Sure, you can come (y) but it will impossible to hear anything with all our awws and sighs :lol:

Merry
12-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Sure, you can come (y) but it will impossible to hear anything with all our awws and sighs :lol:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y) lol, thank you, lol.

Unchained Melody
12-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I sure wish it was, my girlfriend gets so annoyed when I play Elvis, it really drives me nuts.

The only time I have is when I'm not at work and shes always around me anyhow...I hope she starts to lighten up about it though..lol

Genie
12-13-2009, 06:21 AM

The first person I converted was a Perry Como fan. My own Mother.
For her Birthday one of the family got her tickets to see Elvis when he was so reachable, out on those Hayride performances? Anyway, he was on a wood floor out in the open with a bunch of screaming kids in and out of their chairs...while he knocked them over almost dead with Houndog!:notworthy
Mom said, ELVIS!? NO!
I begged.... it was her birthday gift, but i begged and promised dishes and laundry for a month if her and I could go. Instead of her and my Step-Father who was already grumbling and jelous!
She saw the tears, and said YES! I swear to ya all...I never heard another Perry Como record in the house, up until the time I left home.
Momma passed away listening to Elvis Christmas Album.
I have converted many a pal....they don't want books, they just want video's!

TotallyInsane
12-13-2009, 08:00 AM
I converted my mother on 2/28/70 at the Houston Rodeo. I was in 5th grade! Thank god she fell for it otherwise that may have been the only time I saw him!!