PDA

View Full Version : ftd releases

lvs2day
10-22-2009, 06:01 PM
over the yeras we've had some really great releases from ftd and the shelves in my office are full of both ftd and import cd's but somehow i still comeback to the imports because they just offer more at times with their booklets and art work etc, from the start we were told that ftd would release all cd's in a gatefold , i just wiosh that they as a collectors label could press these cd's in a jewel case with booklets and info like the bootlegers do [i know that they say they can't because they have enough costs to cover with musicians etc] but a real collectors label especially one for the greatest ENTERTAINER ever should have this in mind , so anybody else think/want the same ?

debtdbruno
10-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I like both, they offer different things............

Jimmy1966
10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
i do agree with some releases they are poor, and some imports really do put FTD in the shade, I.E. ( GRAVEL ROAD) don't know why this is..but you raised a good point.

debtdbruno
10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Agree..the new Prodigy release is fantastic.............

Jungleroom76
10-22-2009, 08:31 PM
My guess would be cost... :hmm:

To put together elaborate packaging for the FTD releases with booklets, more photos, etc. would drive up the cost of manufacturing the FTD CD's which would then drive up the cost that us fans pay for them!!!

Another thought....since the FTD label is targeted at diehard fans and collectors, they probably don't feel the need to put in all the extras since those same fans know where to go to find out more information about whatever material is on the release (concert, studio outtakes, etc.).

Just a couple of theories... ;)

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Never a truer word was spoken Mike.................and they are right earn't they??

Jungleroom76
10-22-2009, 08:50 PM
.................and they are right earn't they??

I think so... :hmm: ;)

TCB!
Mike