PDA

View Full Version : Personal note by Elvis for sale

presley31
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
With one auction just ended, here comes another. For sale on October 25th: Rare ANS "E" on Las Vegas Hilton letterhead, 5½"x8¼", ca. 1975-77. A discarded sheet retrieved from trash can after Elvis vented his frustrations on paper, crumpled, and threw it away. In a desolate state of mind early one morning when he was alone, he penned in black ink: "help me Lord to get through all of this. I am so tired of it. I think I would like to sleep forever but rest does not come easy for me. Show me a way out from these problems. I want -- E." He has crossed out three words. Crinkling; minor toning; small mounting remnants on verso; minor ink feathering; else easily legible. Retrieved by Hal Noland, author of The Life of Elvis and a Presley confidant obtained by consignor. Accompanied by copy of LOA by Lamar Fike, a member of Elvis' Memphis entourage and a transcript of an interview in which he mentions the letter.

source:http://www.elvismatters.com/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=2926

beckelvis
10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the information, the truth is very sad to read these Elvis's words, emotional :'(:'(me to read them since elvis to feel alone, when tape-worm quite, materially, but the reality esque Elvis was alone me is difficult to believe that he was feeling this way, without desire of nothing in the life, for which always to see it with an enormous vitality, but his heart to be broken, and it was very difficult to arrange.:'(

Jungleroom76
10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
If this letter is indeed authentic, it would certainly have to be considered one of the rarest Elvis items in the world in my opinion!!! :hmm:

It certainly looks authentic....but of course, with today's technology, who knows for sure. Unfortunately, I don't necessarily think that the letter of authenticity being from Lamar Fike is irrefutable proof of the authenticity of this piece. (n)

I have to agree with beckelvis though....reading those words as written by Elvis himself certainly puts his entire life during those final years into a whole different perspective. I mean, as fans we can read all sorts of different things into his concert monologues, song choices, overall mood at any given time, etc. and each of us would probably come up with something a little different. But when you read this, written by the man himself, it certainly doesn't hide ANYTHING about how he was feeling...about how his life had become...and it's truly sad to know that despite the love and adoration of millions of people worldwide, he still felt like this... :'( :'( :'(

Nevertheless, it should definitely be interesting what this letter fetches at auction! ;)

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
10-19-2009, 06:11 PM
If this letter is indeed authentic, it would certainly have to be considered one of the rarest Elvis items in the world in my opinion!!! :hmm:

It certainly looks authentic....but of course, with today's technology, who knows for sure. Unfortunately, I don't necessarily think that the letter of authenticity being from Lamar Fike is irrefutable proof of the authenticity of this piece. (n)

I have to agree with beckelvis though....reading those words as written by Elvis himself certainly puts his entire life during those final years into a whole different perspective. I mean, as fans we can read all sorts of different things into his concert monologues, song choices, overall mood at any given time, etc. and each of us would probably come up with something a little different. But when you read this, written by the man himself, it certainly doesn't hide ANYTHING about how he was feeling...about how his life had become...and it's truly sad to know that despite the love and adoration of millions of people worldwide, he still felt like this... :'( :'( :'(

Nevertheless, it should definitely be interesting what this letter fetches at auction! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Very well said Mike(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

GIORGIA
10-19-2009, 06:23 PM

TCB!
Mike
I think the same thing,and I'm so sad that Elvis was so alone:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(,
poor honey:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(!
Elvis DON'T deserved this!

sasha
10-19-2009, 07:02 PM
YouTube - Wayne Newton - "The Letter"

I thought Wayne Newton bought & recorded that.
Above link. :hmm:

About 1/2 way through this video, he tells the story.
YouTube - WAYNE NEWTON TALKS ABOUT THE LETTER ELVIS

wildflower
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
very sad note :'(
We all miss ya, Elvis!

:'(
wildflower
xxx

GIORGIA
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
YouTube - Wayne Newton - "The Letter" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFfy2v5IGE)

I thought Wayne Newton bought & recorded that.
Above link. :hmm:

About 1/2 way through this video, he tells the story.
YouTube - WAYNE NEWTON TALKS ABOUT THE LETTER ELVIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV2dYlFi3tM)
Thank you to share with us this video!
And this it's for me the first time that I see this video and when he say:It's was a wonderful human being,and I don't liked all this books about his life ecc...................because are not true,because in these books,don't read the real Elvis,well,he read in my mind!

Pacerstar
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Thank you for the information, the truth is very sad to read these Elvis's words, emotional :'(:'(me to read them since elvis to feel alone, when tape-worm quite, materially, but the reality esque Elvis was alone me is difficult to believe that he was feeling this way, without desire of nothing in the life, for which always to see it with an enormous vitality, but his heart to be broken, and it was very difficult to arrange.:'(

I'm sure he felt like this at times; but, I have to wonder if he felt like this
at all times. I hope not. And, the fact that he crumpled the note and tossed
it makes me think that he rejected it after writing it. At least, I hope so!:D:D:D

annie1000
10-19-2009, 09:04 PM
:'(So heart breaking:'(:'(:'(

beckelvis
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sure he felt like this at times; but, I have to wonder if he felt like this
at all times. I hope not. And, the fact that he crumpled the note and tossed
it makes me think that he rejected it after writing it. At least, I hope so!:D:D:D

If the truth you have reason, I reject it, to think nobody that years afterwards this note to go out to the light, really it seems to me that they continue without respect any things of his intimacy, all that me parec fatally

Jungleroom76
10-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Very well said Mike(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks Deb!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

franny
10-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks, for posting Jen.
That was sad to read...:'(
I wish Elvis would have had more
happiness in his life..

franny

Getlo
10-20-2009, 12:24 PM
That note is as fake as a three-dollar bill!

The main reason: the Hilton's stationary was not like that during Elvis' time.

TotallyInsane
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM

What was their stationary like back then?

debtdbruno
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Getlo, can you post somthing showing the difference please?

jak
10-21-2009, 06:41 AM
That note has been around for some time.It's has long been tagged as a fake.

Neverending
10-21-2009, 09:21 AM
As well as I know, this notice is a fake....

Elvis and Johnny
10-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Also, something about the handwriting doesn’t look right. It doesn’t look like it was written by Elvis.

I could be wrong, though.

Lonniebealestreet
10-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't think the letter of authenticity from Fike was legitimately submitted by him (with regard to this item anyway) because I recall a discussion on this note being fake in the Revelations from the Memphis Mafia book. They talk about how Wayne Newton bought it -- hook, line, and sinker -- and even made a video and song out of it...this phony note. I saw it once, and it was enough.

If my memory is failing me here and Fike is saying it's real, please correct me.

Actually I believe there may be a 2 or 3 notes like this floating around, as I remember one being worded a bit differently. Something like: "The night is quiet for me. I'd love to be able to sleep. I am glad that everyone is gone now. I'll probably not rest. I have no need for all this. Help me Lord."

debtdbruno
10-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't think the letter of authenticity from Fike was legitimately submitted by him (with regard to this item anyway) because I recall a discussion on this note being fake in the Revelations from the Memphis Mafia book. They talk about how Wayne Newton bought it -- hook, line, and sinker -- and even made a video and song out of it...this phony note. I saw it once, and it was enough.

If my memory is failing me here and Fike is saying it's real, please correct me.

Actually I believe there may be a 2 or 3 notes like this floating around, as I remember one being worded a bit differently. Something like: "The night is quiet for me. I'd love to be able to sleep. I am glad that everyone is gone now. I'll probably not rest. I have no need for all this. Help me Lord."

Yep, that sounds familiar too:hmm::hmm:

GIORGIA
10-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I read that too.

May
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeh, me too.

Neverending
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Your memory is correct! (y)
Again one of the moneymaking and untrue stories around Elvis. :mad: