PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one whoÖ

Elvis and Johnny
10-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Actually loves Elvis as a family member?

It is so weird, but Elvis feels like a family member to me.

I was born 12 years after he died, and I still cry sometimes because he died.

Like the first time I heard him sing Hurt from the Elvis In Concert 1977.

I care about Elvis almost as much as I care about my parents. And I never even met him.

I donít just think of him as a singer or entertainer, I think of him as a great friend, and an amazing person.

I started dancing to his music when I was about 3 years old, when my Dad played his records. He has always been in my life.

Even during the Holidays, I go to Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc. just to see the cool Elvis Christmas stuff they have. I also start playing Elvis Christmas music in October sometimes! Itís just not Christmas without Elvis!

The best trip of my life was when me and my Dad went to Graceland for my 18th Birthday.

If anyone ever says anything bad about Elvis, I will defend him like he is my brother or something! LOL

I just canít believe how much I care about someone that I never even met. Thereís just something about him.

Am I the only one who feels that way about Elvis?

Elvis and Johnny
10-14-2009, 02:03 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/Cars6220/Images-Of-Elvis-elvis-presley-65416.jpg

Pacerstar
10-14-2009, 02:12 AM

I care about Elvis almost as much as I care about my parents. And I never even met him.

I donít just think of him as a singer or entertainer, I think of him as a great friend, and an amazing person.

I started dancing to his music when I was about 3 years old, when my Dad played his records. He has always been in my life.

Even during the Holidays, I go to Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc. just to see the cool Elvis Christmas stuff they have. I also start playing Elvis Christmas music in October sometimes! Itís just not Christmas without Elvis!

The best trip of my life was when me and my Dad went to Graceland for my 18th Birthday.

If anyone ever says anything bad about Elvis, I will defend him like he is my brother or something! LOL

I just canít believe how much I care about someone that I never even met. Thereís just something about him.

No, you are not. I, like so many other Elvis fans, also feel like Elvis is a
family member or very close friend. And I never got to meet him or know him
on a personal level.:D:D:D:D:D:D

cbg84
10-14-2009, 02:43 AM

Though I don't feel the same way I understand what you are talking about. I love Elvis deeply and I still cry sometimes over his death. And I like you was born after he died (seven years after he died). I feel very similar about him as you do just not as strong.

cbg84
10-14-2009, 02:44 AM
No, you are not. I, like so many other Elvis fans, also feel like Elvis is a
family member or very close friend. And I never got to meet him or know him
on a personal level.:D:D:D:D:D:D

For me it would be more of a very close friend.

rocknroll
10-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Do you worship him? It sure sounds like you do.

And since you asked, yes, I thnk it is a little weird.

nash
10-14-2009, 03:55 AM

Dear friend,it must sound very weird to lot of people,but believe me,youīre not the only one.I know what you feel,because I feel the same.Being an Elvis fan is one of the best things in my life!

Genie
10-14-2009, 07:45 AM

:P

You are not alone in this feeling. I have even researched deliberately, (not for money either) his ancestry and my own.. there are American Indians on his and my side, Cherokee. There are several Smiths and Whites... :hmm:
and even i this was not the case, I love him more than some of the horrible relatives I grew up around. I'd rather be a maid in Elvis' home, than a princess in a wealthy hollywood setting.

LISY
10-14-2009, 07:49 AM
I have been a fan of his since I was 8 and yes I do feel like he's a part of my family, both my parents died when I was young, Elvis' voice and his specials and movies comforted me then and help me remember a time when they were here, I do not worship him, I worship God, but I do have a real and deep connection to Elvis as weird as that seems ....

Genie
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM

:blink:

I am sorry but that seemed a bit harsh coming from a fan to a fan and where everyone can see it...
Of course I don't feel he meant "Worship"as in a GOD like Love, but many people male amnd female worship the ground their mates walk on..rare but true.
And lets say he/she did worship the ground Elvis walked on....the heart is a funny thing, it belongs to the one whose using it, beating in their chest with all the emotions and love or hate that is felt, and I see no harm in loving anyone that much. Especially when there is no pay back...nothing to gain...
;)

Genie
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
It isn't weird darling....I feel the same way and I have had 60 years to do it...

celine
10-14-2009, 10:28 AM

I am sorry but that seemed a bit harsh coming from a fan to a fan and where everyone can see it...
Of course I don't feel he meant "Worship"as in a GOD like Love, but many people male amnd female worship the ground their mates walk on..rare but true.
And lets say he/she did worship the ground Elvis walked on....the heart is a funny thing, it belongs to the one whose using it, beating in their chest with all the emotions and love or hate that is felt, and I see no harm in loving anyone that much. Especially when there is no pay back...nothing to gain...
;)

Completely agree with you, Genie! (y)

Jimmy1966
10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
i totally understand this . . . (RE;) family member

annie1000
10-14-2009, 10:48 AM

You are not the only one I fell the same ! Elvis is so , so , so close to me and I defend him always like I would defend my family.

SleepyJack
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I guess..yeah...he feels close "like" a family member....not in a weird obsessive way or anything...I mean I don`t leave a chair out for him at the dinner table or leave a glass of milk and some cookies out in the spare room... but the closeness is like that of a really good friend..... never going to feel ashamed or apologetic for saying that.

debtdbruno
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I absolutely adore him. He was human and had his faults, but I defend him to anyone who pulls him down. He is part of my daily life, couldn't do without having an 'Elvis fix'.
However...........I don't know you can put him in the same bracket as your family.
My family means everything to me............
I do not know how anyone could feel the same way about a celebrity that you've never met/got close to as your blood relatives.

Do not get me wrong, I can cry at the drop of a hat about something I read about him, something someone says, or watching him. If I look at a photo of the Meditation Gdns I choke up

Deb

Diane
10-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I think Elvis made most of his fans feel that way. I'm not sure if I considered him a family member or a close friend but whatever, I always and still do feel very close to him.

Diane

elvispresleytheking
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM

NO, you are never alone there.

rocknroll
10-14-2009, 04:10 PM

;)

Too bad you feel this way. He should have qualified his question with "only respond if you feel it is not weird". I'm a part of this forum and if the question is asked I will respond in an honest manner and should be able to do so with no constraints.

For the record, I feel there are MANY people that worship Elvis, and, IMO, that is WEIRD.

beckelvis
10-14-2009, 04:22 PM

the truth I feel like your friend, I was born a week before Elvis died, did not clearly known, but since I be little elvis is part of my life as my parents so I also felt, elvis fomara part of my life forever, and I shall respect and I make people around me were respected as well, so your not alone friend.(y)

Elvis and Johnny
10-14-2009, 06:53 PM
When I said ďElvis feels like a family memberĒ, itís because he has been in my life since I was about 3 years old.

A lot of my childhood memories are watching Elvis with my parents, listening to his records with my Dad, dancing to his records when I was 3 years old, etc.

I donít worship him or anything, I just feel close to him, even though I never met him. Itís hard to explain.