PDA

View Full Version : Elvis never said…

Elvis and Johnny
10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank ya, thank ya very much.

Or any of the other stupid things the impersonators do.

I always heard Elvis say Thank You, You’re a Great Audience, Thank You Very Much.

The impersonators always say it really fast, and in a stupid voice. :angry:

People also always go uhh huh, and raise there lip when the imitate Elvis.

Like even in 3000 miles to Graceland, the way Kurt Russell said “Thank ya mam, thank ya very much” in a stupid voice.

I have NEVER heard Elvis talk like that in my life.

Where did people get this from, the impersonators or something?

SleepyJack
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
most of the impersonations I`ve ever seen have this....just very extreme exaggerations of Elvis mannerisms...I guess it`s the only way they have to make sure that people know who they are trying to be. I agree with you though...it`s about as annoying as it gets,plus the minute I see/hear someone doing it that`s the end of me looking or listening to them.

Elvis and Johnny
10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Even regular people imitate him that way. :angry:

Low voice, really fast slurred speech, raised lip, etc.

He NEVER talked or acted like that.

That’s why I am so confused on why people imitate him like that?

most of the impersonations I`ve ever seen have this....just very extreme exaggerations of Elvis mannerisms...I guess it`s the only way they have to make sure that people know who they are trying to be. I agree with you though...it`s about as annoying as it gets,plus the minute I see/hear someone doing it that`s the end of me looking or listening to them.

mozzarella
10-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Let's face it: impersonators have a huge fault in bringing down Elvis's image and personality. Those obese *****s with stupid wigs and sunglasses made most people come to the conclusion that Elvis was a pathetic caricature of himself because they haven't seen the real thing and identify him with those fat retarded guys who walk on the streets of Vegas and Memphis and elsewhere advertising peanut butter and banana sandwich recepies, and act terribly silly. Like someone would have the interest in un-making Elvis. A better thing is that recently there are a few newly bred impersonators who are pretty good in what they do and they attract many young people and trying to make Elvis attractive to the audience again. I have absolutely no problem with Shawn Klush or Martin Fontaine or Chris Connor and Rob Kingsley just to name a few, who make every effort to portray Elvis as he was and show a great deal of respect to him. That's the point.

Elvis and Johnny
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
So it is the impersonators who started this crap.

Because in TV Shows, Movies, Everybody I Know, etc. they always imitate Elvis that way, and it really is VERY annoying. :angry:

Let's face it: impersonators have a huge fault in bringing down Elvis's image and personality. Those obese *****s with stupid wigs and sunglasses made most people come to the conclusion that Elvis was a pathetic caricature of himself because they haven't seen the real thing and identify him with those fat retarded guys who walk on the streets of Vegas and Memphis and elsewhere advertising peanut butter and banana sandwich recepies, and act terribly silly. Like someone would have the interest in un-making Elvis. A better thing is that recently there are a few newly bred impersonators who are pretty good in what they do and they attract many young people and trying to make Elvis attractive to the audience again. I have absolutely no problem with Shawn Klush or Martin Fontaine or Chris Connor and Rob Kingsley just to name a few, who make every effort to portray Elvis as he was and show a great deal of respect to him. That's the point.

JDD
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Personally I think most of the impersonators are impersonating , other Impersonators mannerisms more then Elvis . It started with one guy doing it then others just exaggerated it into a caricature . Some of them are so silly looking they are almost cartoon like. The first really over the top one I ever seen was Andy Kaufman who while I know was an Elvis fan and may have thought he was doing it well , IMO was just ridiculous and did a lot of damage to the whole impersonator thing . Since then IMO most of the ones I see, are almost doing Andy more then Elvis.

Nicole Presley
10-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I hate impersonaters excactly for that reason! They just make Elvis look stupid!

mozzarella
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
The other thing I hate when these impersonators confuse the '50s Elvis with the '70s Elvis and they move in the jumpsuits like Elvis did in the '50s and in his films. Horrible! That's one of the reasons people think Elvis was a cartoon character, like Johnny Bravo or something...

david72
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah i agree with all these reasons.I can't stand elvis imps they are horrible They make elvis look like a cartoon character. I don't like when they talk in that deep voice because elvis never talked in that deep of a voice.

Getlo
10-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Of COURSE he said, "Thankyou. Thankyouverymuch ..."

Jeez ... :rolleyes:

LISY
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm pretty sure I've heard him say "Thank you, thank you very much, you're a beautiful audience" on a couple of live performances....as you say though it sounded sincere when he said it, just sounds disrespectful when the imps use it in their acts....

Brian
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm pretty sure I've heard him say "Thank you, thank you very much, you're a beautiful audience" on a couple of live performances........

IIRC he says it a lot on the Aloha special

elvislady
10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
With Shawn Klush or Martin Fontaine or Chris Connor and Rob Kingsley just to name a few, who make every effort to portray Elvis as he was and show a great deal of respect to him. That's the point.

iI agree with this bit of your comment..but i think you are being a little bit harsh to the elvis tribute acts, some of the acts are very respectful of elvis memory and do a good job of what they do..i am a member of a forum and thay are some great tribute artists on there.. i think we shouldnt give them a hard time.. most of the people you see like the big fat elvis,s in suites and wigs are fancy dress... and cant sing a note!

elvislady :D:D

Erhan
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
That's why we call those impersonators or Tribute Arsetist as AS*CLOWNS they look like arse move like arse sound like arse.:lol:

If Life Was Fair Elvis Would Be Alive And All The Impersonators Would Be Dead.:lmfao:

PS: I guess I'm doing too much an injustice to arses :lmfao:

YouTube - ELVIS What Now My Love (Best Picture & Sound Quality)

debtdbruno
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM

I'm pretty sure I've heard him say "Thank you, thank you very much, you're a beautiful audience" on a couple of live performances....as you say though it sounded sincere when he said it, just sounds disrespectful when the imps use it in their acts....

IIRC he says it a lot on the Aloha special

Agree(y)(y)(y)

I've heard him say it, as Lisy said...........it depends how it's said

mozzarella
10-14-2009, 01:28 PM
iI agree with this bit of your comment..but i think you are being a little bit harsh to the elvis tribute acts, some of the acts are very respectful of elvis memory and do a good job of what they do..i am a member of a forum and thay are some great tribute artists on there.. i think we shouldnt give them a hard time.. most of the people you see like the big fat elvis,s in suites and wigs are fancy dress... and cant sing a note!

elvislady :D:D

Yeah, I know there are more tribute artists who are also good and respectful, those were just a few examples. I only hate the stupid and almost scary fat Elvis-clowns that look like the Michelin dummy guy and act like Johnny Bravo :D

elvispresleytheking
10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank ya, thank ya very much.

Or any of the other stupid things the impersonators do.

I always heard Elvis say Thank You, You’re a Great Audience, Thank You Very Much.

The impersonators always say it really fast, and in a stupid voice. :angry:

People also always go uhh huh, and raise there lip when the imitate Elvis.

Like even in 3000 miles to Graceland, the way Kurt Russell said “Thank ya mam, thank ya very much” in a stupid voice.

I have NEVER heard Elvis talk like that in my life.

Where did people get this from, the impersonators or something?

Bothers me alsmost as much as when ELvis impersonators sing "VIva Las Vegas" in a jumpsuit...

beckelvis
10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I always leave these issues just say in my opinion he does not seem so bad imitators, but always with great respect, one thing is to pay homage to his figure and another to ridicule and that makes me a bad temper:angry::angry:

Pacerstar
10-14-2009, 04:32 PM
That's why we call those impersonators or Tribute Arsetist as AS*CLOWNS they look like arse move like arse sound like arse.:lol:

If Life Was Fair Elvis Would Be Alive And All The Impersonators Would Be Dead.:lmfao:

PS: I guess I'm doing too much an injustice to arses :lmfao:

YouTube - ELVIS What Now My Love (Best Picture & Sound Quality) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6WQwdobLk)

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

KPM
10-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Even though Elvis said it-the impersonators have turned it into a
"catch phrase".
Boy he must be a good impersonator he said,
"Thank you thank you very much":doh:
Its like Rich Little, Frank Gorshin, John Byner and many other impressionists of the 50, 60s 70s who did Cary Grant with "Judy Judy Judy"
Or James Cagneys "You dirty rat......" just catch phrases.
Elvis, Cary Grant and Jimmy Cagney were all much more than the catch phrases which are thrown out to represent them but I think it gets lost with the repetition of the impersonations.

Elvis and Johnny
10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Ya, but Elvis said it normally.

The impersonators say it really fast in a deep voice, raised lip, and they slur it together, like “thankya, thankya very much”.

Kind of like in 3000 Miles to Graceland, the way Kurt Russell imitates him.

I just don’t understand why people imitate him like that, it is very annoying. LOL

Getlo
10-15-2009, 12:13 AM
The impersonators say it really fast in a deep voice, raised lip, and they slur it together, like “thankya, thankya very much”.

Which is precisely how the man himself said it! :rolleyes:

Wild_In_The_Country
10-15-2009, 12:54 AM
I dont see why anyone can have a problem with people like

Chris Connor YouTube - Chris Connor - Suspicious Minds

Doug Church YouTube - Doug Church sings It's Easy For You

Jumpsuit Junkie
10-15-2009, 01:37 AM

Chris Connor YouTube - Chris Connor - Suspicious Minds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BSIv0fm7g4)

Doug Church YouTube - Doug Church sings It's Easy For You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55wfhnpcpU)

Agreed both of these clips are good (y)

Brian
10-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Even though Elvis said it-the impersonators have turned it into a
"catch phrase".
Boy he must be a good impersonator he said,
"Thank you thank you very much":doh:
Its like Rich Little, Frank Gorshin, John Byner and many other impressionists of the 50, 60s 70s who did Cary Grant with "Judy Judy Judy"
Or James Cagneys "You dirty rat......" just catch phrases.
Elvis, Cary Grant and Jimmy Cagney were all much more than the catch phrases which are thrown out to represent them but I think it gets lost with the repetition of the impersonations.

I don't think Cary Grant actually ever said ''Judy Judy Judy''

Those impersonators are putting words in his mouth

rickb
10-15-2009, 05:49 AM
I think Elvis did say thankyou, thankyouverymuch pretty regularly so it is inevitable the ETAs pick up on it.
It has become an iconic saying and image and I don't have a problem with it, even if the ETA clowns take it a bit far.
How many times has `ty,tyvm' or Elvis has left the building been used in movies, Independence Day, dozens more.
I think it's fun to have his saying immortalised

elvislady
10-15-2009, 07:34 AM

Chris Connor YouTube - Chris Connor - Suspicious Minds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BSIv0fm7g4)

Doug Church YouTube - Doug Church sings It's Easy For You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55wfhnpcpU)

I agree wild!

elvislady :D

Erhan
10-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I think Elvis did say thankyou, thankyouverymuch pretty regularly so it is inevitable the ETAs pick up on it.
It has become an iconic saying and image and I don't have a problem with it, even if the ETA clowns take it a bit far.
How many times has `ty,tyvm' or Elvis has left the building been used in movies, Independence Day, dozens more.
I think it's fun to have his saying immortalised

Elvis never said the way They are doing he said naturaly sincerly impersonatos almost always sing with lower key and very exaggerated
they are not artist no way there is no job named Tribute Artist no way
They are doing for money and fame or others are schizophrene.

if it is a elvis joke we always do that kind of joke but this is not a joke
I don't belive that you call good impersonator why don't you listen original
they can't be better than Elvis himself.

I always get angry :cursing:about they said "We are keeping "Elvis memory alive" this humiliating, insulting Elvis. He don't need to you to keep his memory alive
he did so many thinks for that if it is not enough why we still follow him
We have to say He is still King despit of İmpersonators upsss sorry AzzClowns.

YouTube - ELVIS What Now My Love (Best Picture & Sound Quality)

celine
10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Elvis never said the way They are doing he said naturaly sincerly impersonatos almost always sing with lower key and very exaggerated
they are not artist no way there is no job named Tribute Artist no way
They are doing for money and fame or others are schizophrene.

if it is a elvis joke we always do that kind of joke but this is not a joke
I don't belive that you call good impersonator why don't you listen original
they can't be better than Elvis himself.

I always get angry :cursing:about they said "We are keeping "Elvis memory alive" this humiliating, insulting Elvis. He don't need to you to keep his memory alive
he did so many thinks for that if it is not enough why we still follow him
We have to say He is still King despit of İmpersonators upsss sorry AzzClowns.

YouTube - ELVIS What Now My Love (Best Picture & Sound Quality) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6WQwdobLk)

I agree with you on that, Erhan. (y)

LISY
10-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Which is precisely how the man himself said it! :rolleyes:

I don't think he said it precisely like that....and certainly not every time he said it:rolleyes:...jeez!!

debtdbruno
10-15-2009, 07:07 PM
That Doug Church has a great voice

May
10-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Obviously no one can be the perfect Elvis apart from Elvis himself, but you can see these guys have studied the way he moves etc.

However, one of the singers I saw did everything these two are doing - i.e. the voice, the songs etc, but not the jumpsuits/scarves. I actually prefer these types of singers. Imitating him but not dressing up to be like him. Seems less phoney somehow.

KPM
10-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't think Cary Grant actually ever said ''Judy Judy Judy''

Those impersonators are putting words in his mouth
No Grant never said Judy Judy Judy-and there are several explainations for how this "catch phrase" came about:
One is that comic Larry Storch was in the middle of a Grant impersonation when Judy Garland walked in. Apparently, this is how he addressed the star. Even though the line was never said in any of Grant's movies, Storch's impression stuck and was often used by others in their own Grant imitations.
Another is given by Peter Bogdanovich whos says he discussed it with Grant.
Peter believes that the imitation came from Grant's delivery in several lines in Only Angels Have Wings.. 'in which his former girl friend is called Judith or Judy (played by Rita Hayworth). Cary has lines like "Hello, Judy. Come on, Judy. Now, Judy." Grant said that may be the start.
But also Grant told this to a friend Judy Quine about the line:
"Cary told me back in 1955 that when he did the Lux Radio Theater, they used his voice introduction for Judy Garland, who was a guest for the following week. He recalled some banter where he could have said "Judy, Judy, Judy," but he wasn't sure"

beckelvis
10-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Chris Connor Elvis Tribute Channel M Manchester television
YouTube - Chris Connor Elvis Tribute Channel M Manchester television

Lisarose
10-16-2009, 04:50 AM
I don't think he said it precisely like that....and certainly not every time he said it:rolleyes:...jeez!!

I remember him saying "Thank you, you're a beautiful audience" - over and over, why don't they imitate that? Huh!? :lol:

SleepyJack
10-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I remember him saying "Thank you, you're a beautiful audience" - over and over, why don't they imitate that? Huh!? :lol:

Mostly I reckon it`s because....
Then sonumbishes ain`t got got th` gingdang brains o` one dem sonumbish squirrels in in `em goddammmid cartoons...crazier than `em toiletful o` dem piranha-fellas.Thankyaver`mush!

Diane
10-16-2009, 02:05 PM

That's what I remember too and without the slurring.

Diane