PDA

View Full Version : An Elvis Story

Merry
10-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Any more stories? :hug: :D

I didn't know about Fred Astair :D (I hope this is a true story, lol) (y):D

:D

Quote: Elvis spent his teenage years doing odd jobs for various companies and factories. While much of the money he earned from these jobs went toward helping his family, Elvis spent the remainder on his biggest passion: the movies. He often imagined himself on the big screen, acting out scenes with the greatest of actors.

His favorite movies at the time were Fred Astair musicals. After sitting through two showings of one of Astair's films, Elvis danced all the way home, imitating some of Astair's steps. His feet tangled on one of the more difficult maneuvers and he fell, nearly breaking his leg. Unquote.

Lisarose
10-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Never heard that one, I didn't think he liked musicals, but I can see him trying to imitate the dance steps!

mistymorning
10-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Thank you Kimmi 1 That's a cool story 1 I hadn't heard it before ! just imagine Elvis dancing all the way to home ! he was cute !
:P
David Bowie was a big fan of Elvis. At short notice, he crossed the Atlantic on a plane to attend an Elvis concert in New York in 1972, even though he had a strong fear of flying. “The Ziggy Stardust Companion” printed this quote that Bowie made in 1996 concerning the Elvis concert he attended.

"[Elvis] was a major hero of mine. And I was probably stupid enough to believe that having the same birthday as him actually meant something. I came over for a long weekend. I remember coming straight from the airport and walking into Madison Square Garden very late. I was wearing all my clobber from the Ziggy period and had great seats near the front. The whole place just turned to look at me and I felt like a right *****. I had brilliant red hair, some huge padded space suit and those red boots with big black soles. I wished I'd gone for something quiet, because I must have registered with him. He was well into his set."