PDA

View Full Version : The ring

Billy Budd
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
A little story:

I'm a journalist and I once interviewed John Wilkinson for a magazine. After we've been talking for around 30 minutes he took off his big diamond ring and gave it to me and said: "Elvis gave me that - here go try it"! And I sure did. It was a fantastic feeling. Knowing that Elvis had touched that ring and given it to John as a present back in the 70's was a very special feeling.

John said to me that his TCB-necklace would go with him in the grave when he died.

Lisarose
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Cool story Billy, did you get to interview any of the others members of the TCB band?

memphis69
10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
You are very lucky to have interviewed a member of the TCB band. It is great to see that John is still so loyal to Elvis.

SleepyJack
10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Always liked John Wilkinson...he always comes across as one of the really nice guys. It must have been a really nice feeling to have worn that ring,as well as talking to John, nice to have such a tangible connection to it all.Thanks for sharing the story with us.(y)(y)(y)

screamindiva
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
That's a great story Billy.

I must share mine. There was a guy called Vince Everett, yes really!! He did a tour with Elvis memrobilia, there was a tv programe filming, The clothes show I think it was? Anyway he had a lot of Elvis's things, and it was here I got to try on the famous lion ring Elvis wore in TTWII, and I also got to try on his army hat, and a jacket and even put my foot in one of Elvis's boots, I'll never forget the feeling I had, the ring was really heavy and big, it just blew me away, he did have some big security guards with him at the time, and he was alittle bit, shall we say under the influance of alcohol!!! which I'm so glad he was, as I don't think he would have let me try the ring on otherwise?
He was a really nice chap and I often think of him, and how lovely he was to have left me with such a wonderful memory. I often wonder where he is? and what happened to him, I think if I ever met him again I'd shake his hand (which I did at the time) and say thank you so much for the ever lasting wondeful memory.

Grace xx

cre
10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for sharing you wonderful story Billy.
Hope to hear more of you stories!!

And Grace, also want to thank you for your story. How beautiful your
memory must be.

Thank you both very much.

Chantal

elvislady
10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for your stories...billy and grace! (y)(y)

elvislady :D

debtdbruno
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
A little story:

I'm a journalist and I once interviewed John Wilkinson for a magazine. After we've been talking for around 30 minutes he took off his big diamond ring and gave it to me and said: "Elvis gave me that - here go try it"! And I sure did. It was a fantastic feeling. Knowing that Elvis had touched that ring and given it to John as a present back in the 70's was a very special feeling.

John said to me that his TCB-necklace would go with him in the grave when he died.

When I read John's book, he came across as a nice guy. Cool, that's he's loyal

debtdbruno
10-06-2009, 09:27 PM
That's a great story Billy.

I must share mine. There was a guy called Vince Everett, yes really!! He did a tour with Elvis memrobilia, there was a tv programe filming, The clothes show I think it was? Anyway he had a lot of Elvis's things, and it was here I got to try on the famous lion ring Elvis wore in TTWII, and I also got to try on his army hat, and a jacket and even put my foot in one of Elvis's boots, I'll never forget the feeling I had, the ring was really heavy and big, it just blew me away, he did have some big security guards with him at the time, and he was alittle bit, shall we say under the influance of alcohol!!! which I'm so glad he was, as I don't think he would have let me try the ring on otherwise?
He was a really nice chap and I often think of him, and how lovely he was to have left me with such a wonderful memory. I often wonder where he is? and what happened to him, I think if I ever met him again I'd shake his hand (which I did at the time) and say thank you so much for the ever lasting wondeful memory.

Grace xx

Fantastic Grace...........not 1 item but several. Great stuff!!!

GIORGIA
10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
A little story:

This is Wonderful:supriced:!
I believe that is was a Emotional feeling!

Diane
10-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Thank you for sharing your stories Billy and Grace.

John Wilkerson was my favorite of the guitarists...due to his sweet personality.

Diane

Billy Budd
10-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks.......

cibetty
10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Billy, Grace, thanks for these stories! :notworthy :notworthy It was great to read them!

tcbtigerman
10-08-2009, 12:34 AM
I had the pleasure of spending some time with Mr.Wilkinson a couple of year's back in Memphis and he told me to pull up a chair in the dressing room and have a chat.We talked for about 30 minutes.he's a super nice Gentleman.