PDA

View Full Version : elvis in june of 72

lvs2day
09-30-2009, 04:20 PM
it sure is great to see some of the fan footage from 72 especially chicago and witchita and him p\wearing the 2pc white/black suit with paisley shirt whoever filmed this did a great job this has f=bin around on vhs for eons but i still get a thrill out of watching him without being known that he is on camera, so what is your fave super 8mm film?

Jungleroom76
09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I LOVE the footage of Elvis from the later 70's, especially '76 & '77...I guess mainly because the video camera technology had advanced so much from the early 70's and the picture quality of the fan-shot footage is so much better from those last couple of years!

But despite that, I love watching ALL Elvis fan-shot footage...it's just SO cool to see!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

The Welz
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
There are quite a few 8mm recordings that I like very much. Great footage from Columbus is available from 1974, where Elvis is wearing his American Eagle jumpsuit. Other great films were shot during his 1971 concert tour or in Pittsburgh on 31st December 1976. Rather sad, especially compared to the Pittsburgh footage, is a film that was shot half a year later on 19th June 1977. The quality is great, but it is obvious that Elvis had lost it through the final six month.

I am pretty sure that there is a lot of that stuff in existance, but in the hands of private collectors with no intention to release it. But I hope that more and more of this stuff will appear in the future. With the digital technology copies can be made without the loss of quality and so I am sure that one day we will see some of the well known material in way better quality than we know now.