PDA

View Full Version : Circle G Ranch For Sale

Elvis.com
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Elvis Presley’s old ranch in Horn Lake, known as the Circle G is now up for sale. Prudential Realty put up ‘for sale’ signs yesterday. The asking price for the King of Rock n' Roll's old ranch is 6.5...

Link To Original Article (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/circle-g-ranch-for-sale/12033)

debtdbruno
09-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Come-on EPE...............get it bought.
Fans would love to hire it as a holiday home, riding holiday etc.......

Jungleroom76
09-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I would love to see a real Elvis fan buy this property and do something with it so the other fans could enjoy it as well!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Merry
09-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Stunning property (y)

Lonniebealestreet
09-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Pssst! Hey Santa...

Lonniebealestreet
09-24-2009, 05:51 AM
So this is cool. It never occurred to me to search it on Google Maps before.

The shadow of the cross is unmistakable, and there's the bridge.

franny
09-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Pssst! Hey Santa...

Hey! :xmas: :lol:

That is cool! I often forget about Google maps. Thanks, for posting it Bobby. (y)

franny

May
09-24-2009, 10:11 AM
When the had it open as a flower shop a few years ago, they sold a few "Elvis-related" items. But not half as many as I think they could have, as a lot of fans have visited there.

Polk-Salad-Annie
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I would love to see a real Elvis fan buy this property and do something with it so the other fans could enjoy it as well!!! :hmm:

I don't have that much money, I am only a cab driver:lol::lol::lol:

john carpenter
09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
6.5 Million? Let me check my bank account:doh:Aww darn it:lmfao:

Lonniebealestreet
09-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey! :xmas: :lol:

That is cool! I often forget about Google maps. Thanks, for posting it Bobby. (y)

franny
Santa heard me! Getting excited over here. :D

You're welcome, Franny.

Jungleroom76
09-24-2009, 05:15 PM

Very cool pal...thanks for sharing!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-24-2009, 05:16 PM
6.5 Million? Let me check my bank account:doh:Aww darn it:lmfao:

I know what you mean John...I looked in my wallet and I'm short about...hmm...6.5 million dollars too!!! :blush: :doh:

TCB!
Mike

May
09-24-2009, 06:12 PM

Why dont they?????? Anyone got any ideas? :hmm::hmm:

Diane
09-24-2009, 06:26 PM

That's a great idea!(y)(y)(y)

Diane

ph10579
09-24-2009, 10:12 PM
I thought elvis bought & sold it in the 60's?

ph10579
09-24-2009, 10:13 PM
The Circle G amusement park?JK

debtdbruno
09-24-2009, 10:14 PM
They have got the dates wrong

Merry
09-24-2009, 10:41 PM
They have got the dates wrong

Also the size of the acreage, lol (they contradicted themselves), some can never let facts get in the way of reporting, lol.

Sigh...there is so much grass there..lucky ducks! :D

Lonniebealestreet
09-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Since last night I have been fantasizing about owning this property. If we made money somehow at TCB-World, we would make it a TCB joint! Where Elvis Fans Meet indeed!

Or get all the members here and fans from all over the world to pool their money, getting the word out on message boards and social networking sites, and manage to all get our names on the deed :lol:...It would truly be owned by the fans and used by the fans. Like a 24/7 365 Woodstock-like Elvis Fest!

I can get 6.5 million people together to put in a dollar, for crying out loud! :P

In all seriousness, if I had the money, I would for sure live there. Run a nice Bed and Breakfast, maybe some riding stables. Hold special events there at the appropriate times of year. I'd have to charge something because I know the property needs a lot of work to start out with, but maintaining it would cost something and a boy's gotta make a living. But I would show Graceland that you can make a profit and do it in a way that is not disrespectful to the fans or to Elvis' memory. And done right, it would really get the traffic. People coming to visit Graceland would want to stay there. If people didn't have much money, they could camp there for a really low cost. I would do it right.

Mostly the point would be to restore everything and make it as much like it was in its heyday as possible, keeping the main part of the grounds clear and adding whatever guest rooms in the periphery. It would be a peaceful place and one that represents happy times and something that meant a lot to Elvis for several years anyway.

Does anyone know when that video was shot? Things looked pretty decrepit then and I'm thinking a lot of time has passed since then, so who knows how all that is looking now. It's a little depressing so it would be a labor of love to get everything back into a respectable condition.

That might not be a typo about the 1972 thing, by the way. There just may be some dumb reason why the records were not updated until that time. But we all know that the place got a lot of use for a while starting in 1967. Did you know that it's only 10 miles from Graceland?

Speaking of those details, I remember reading how that purchase price of $300,000 was a major screwing of Elvis because he was Elvis. If you think about it, that would indeed have seemed a ridiculous price for the 1960s.

Has anyone seen an official property listing anywhere? I can't seem to find one and need something official to send to all the rich people I know so they can buy it for me. ;) I do wonder how low the owners would actually go. Mostly I wonder though about the condition of everything.

I seriously have been devoting a crazy amount of thought to this; it's rather sad. :lol:

Oh, also unless I misunderstood I don't think they contradicted themselves on the acreage. The video that is linked to there is not associated with the sale of the property. Either someone has it wrong or the property lines have simply changed for one reason or another.

One last thing. I had always heard Priscilla had lost a sizable diamond ring there, as is indicated in the video. Well, either that is inaccurate (which seems to be the case) OR both she and Elvis lost rings there -- he, his wedding ring. That would also be a dandy find. :D

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1152

Merry
09-25-2009, 01:49 AM
If I lived in The States, I'd help you.

This property is stunning.

I'd love something like this myself, ohhhhh I'd be in absolute Heaven :D

In Australia, there aren't many places you can take your horses and camp - I don't know what it is like over there? Could be another business idea, depending on what demand is like, or not, lol.

It would be a fantastic bonus to find the ring/s, lol! Imagine that!

I wonder if anyone has gone over with a metal detector?

It was a pleasure reading your dreams, I hope that it comes out for you, if you do come up with something, I'd be interested in hearing them and helping, if I can :D

Kim

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1152

Jungleroom76
09-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Since last night I have been fantasizing about owning this property...

So it sounds like you really haven't given it that much thought buddy.... :hmm: ;)

Seriously though, I'll chip in my dollar... (y)

TCB!
Mike

franny
09-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Good idea! I'll chip in, too. Here's my dollar...:lol:

franny

http://i36.tinypic.com/30tigeb.jpg

Merry
09-25-2009, 05:38 AM
:lol: Franny, they should print some of these, for people who like to shop! (y) lol

franny

Jungleroom76
09-25-2009, 10:31 PM

franny

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
09-25-2009, 11:44 PM
We'll all chip in our $$$$$$$$$ Get goin' Lonniebeale!!!!!