09-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Teddy?????????
Where are you???

Getlo
09-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Priscilla?

Woof!

No thank you.

Never found her attractive until just after she left Elvis. That whole "porcelain doll" look was too creepy for my tastes.

That bouffant ... the makeup ... the mascara ...

YECCHH!!

Oh, and she was as dumb as a box of hammers as well.

Brian
09-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Priscilla?

Woof!

No thank you.

Never found her attractive until just after she left Elvis. That whole "porcelain doll" look was too creepy for my tastes.

YECCHH!!

She got rid of all that in the late 60's.

I thought she looked good then

Didn't you?

Pacerstar
09-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Priscilla?

Woof!

No thank you.

YECCHH!!

Seeing pictures of her back then, she does look peculiar now. But, back then
a lot of women tried to copy her looks, too.:D:D:D:D:D:D

rickb
09-11-2009, 02:23 AM
No, but Linda would have been a very nice option

molokai123
09-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Priscilla?

Woof!

No thank you.

YECCHH!!

yea i gotta admit she looked a lot better after 1968!

Getlo
09-11-2009, 04:18 AM
But, back then
a lot of women tried to copy her looks, too.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back then a lot of people dropped acid as well ... ;)

molokai123
09-11-2009, 04:25 AM

lol:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::notworthy:notworthy:notwo rthy

Pacerstar
09-11-2009, 04:59 AM

True!:D:D:D:D

TCB4ELVIS
09-11-2009, 07:07 AM
NO WAY!!!!! maybe would have dated her after the divorce just to say that I did but that would be it...lol;)

Brian
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I would have to know her real well and like her to marry her.

I don't think even if any of us knew Priscilla and been in a relationship with her that she would marry any of us.

She seems like the type to just live with guys and not marry them.

romar
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
No, but Linda would have been a very nice option

I would not marry either one of them.
Both priscilla and Linda en Ginger to were out for the monye. Not really trustworthy or loving or carring warm woman.
The only descend were Dixie and Anita i think.
Lucky i already have a very pretty girlfriend who actully looks like Linda.
Lucky me.

May
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I would have to know her real well and like her to marry her.

I don't think even if any of us knew Priscilla and been in a relationship with her that she would marry any of us.

She seems like the type to just live with guys and not marry them.

Well she wouldnt marry them. she would lose the Presley surname! ;)

GIORGIA
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Well she wouldnt marry them. she would lose the Presley surname! ;)
I think the same thing(y)!
You read in My Mind:supriced:!
And this is Love?
For Me no!

May
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
hehehehe ;) ;) (y)

GIORGIA
09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
hehehehe ;) ;) (y)
:D;)(y):D;)

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
...and Linda...were out for the monye. Not really trustworthy or loving or carring warm woman.

While I respect your opinion romar, I have to seriously disagree with it!!! I truly think that Linda cared deeply for Elvis, especially to have stayed with him as long as she did during some of the hardest times of Elvis' life (late '73, '74).

If there was one woman who I could say with 99.9% certainty wasn't after Elvis' money and cared deeply for him, it would be Linda!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 06:43 PM
In another thread the ladies were asked if they would have married Elvis. I
thought it would be interesting to turn the tables and ask the guys if they
would have married Priscilla.:D:D:D:D

Interesting table turning question Pacerstar!!! (y)

No, I can't say that I would have married Priscilla...just not my type... (n)

TCB!
Mike

May
09-11-2009, 06:46 PM
that surprises me actually, that so many of you guys wouldnt have married Priscilla. When you say she wasnt your type, is that what she looked like or how she comes across?

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 06:50 PM
that surprises me actually, that so many of you guys wouldnt have married Priscilla. When you say she wasnt your type, is that what she looked like or how she comes across?

Both for me....she just seemed very full of herself at times, which is a turn-off for me... (n)

TCB!
Mike

GIORGIA
09-11-2009, 06:52 PM
While I respect your opinion romar, I have to seriously disagree with it!!! I truly think that Linda cared deeply for Elvis, especially to have stayed with him as long as she did during some of the hardest times of Elvis' life (late '73, '74).

If there was one woman who I could say with 99.9% certainty wasn't after Elvis' money and cared deeply for him, it would be Linda!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike
I agree with you!

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 07:17 PM
I agree with you!

Thanks Giorgia!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

GIORGIA
09-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Giorgia!! ;)

TCB!
Mike
;)(y);)
I advice to see the Interview of Linda at The Larry King Live!
Beautiful Interview!

debtdbruno
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Priscilla?

Woof!

No thank you.

YECCHH!!

Now don't hold back Getlo will you:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I thought she looked stunning 69 onwards. Very beautiful!!! They looked good together
Spoilt herself now of course

Pacerstar
09-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Interesting table turning question Pacerstar!!! (y)

No, I can't say that I would have married Priscilla...just not my type... (n)

TCB!
Mike

Thanks, Mike. I think yours is a kind and honest answer.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks, Mike. I think yours is a kind and honest answer.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks Pacerstar!

I do have to admit that she was more attractive during the 1970's, but still, her attitude would have been a turn-off for me...so the answer still would have been no! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
;)(y);)
I advice to see the Interview of Linda at The Larry King Live!
Beautiful Interview!

I've seen that Giorgia, and you are right...a wonderful interview! I've never heard Linda say anything bad about Elvis. Despite the obvious problems that she faced with Elvis during their time together, she always speaks about that time with Elvis with the utmost love for him!!

TCB!
Mike

May
09-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks Pacerstar!

I do have to admit that she was more attractive during the 1970's, but still, her attitude would have been a turn-off for me...so the answer still would have been no! ;)

TCB!
Mike

I can understand you saying about her attitude nowadays. but back then, do you think her personality and/or attitude was bad even then? And if so, how so?

dannyboy1
09-11-2009, 10:32 PM
It's hard to separate what we know about her now from the equation. He definately looked beautiful in the shots from 1969 and early 1970's. But with what we know about her now - I wouldn't touch her with a 50-foot barge pole!

GIORGIA
09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I've seen that Giorgia, and you are right...a wonderful interview! I've never heard Linda say anything bad about Elvis. Despite the obvious problems that she faced with Elvis during their time together, she always speaks about that time with Elvis with the utmost love for him!!

TCB!
Mike
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

LISY
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM

TCB!
Mike

Mike I totally agree with you!! She loved him for all the right reasons ..He made a big mistake moving on to Ginger..Imo...

LISY
09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Both for me....she just seemed very full of herself at times, which is a turn-off for me... (n)

TCB!
Mike

I like the way you think Mike!!!LOL..(y)(y)(y) I have always thought this too..

Brian
09-11-2009, 11:39 PM

It's the fact that I don't know her.

I'd have to know her, like her and have some things in common with her.

Looks aren't everything and to me Priscilla comes across as cold sometimes or a ....................

She would never marry me if we were in a relationship.

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I can understand you saying about her attitude nowadays. but back then, do you think her personality and/or attitude was bad even then? And if so, how so?

I don't know if bad is the right word....perhaps needy is a better word? To me, she just always seemed like she had to be in control of every situation and if she had completely had her way, Elvis' career might have been put on the backburner.

I understand that she wanted to be with her husband (naturally), but she knew what she was signing up for when she agreed to be his wife...she had been with him long enough to know how things were going to be. If she couldn't handle the situation, she should have just declined his proposal and told him why. Instead, I have always had the feeling that she married him to try and change him....and I don't think that was right.

Does that make any sense... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Mike I totally agree with you!! She loved him for all the right reasons ..He made a big mistake moving on to Ginger..Imo...

I agree that he made a huge mistake moving on to Ginger...but considering Linda made the decision to move on with her life because she couldn't stand to see Elvis self-destruct, Elvis was lonely and he needed someone in his life...

But like you Lisy, I wish he had found someone else... :'(

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I like the way you think Mike!!!LOL..(y)(y)(y) I have always thought this too..

Thanks!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

GIORGIA
09-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I agree that he made a huge mistake moving on to Ginger...but considering Linda made the decision to move on with her life because she couldn't stand to see Elvis self-destruct, Elvis was lonely and he needed someone in his life...

TCB!
Mike
I agree with you but I like Ginger!
For Me all these rumors about her are not true!
Of course maybe I wrong but I think this.

debtdbruno
09-12-2009, 12:02 AM

TCB!
Mike

Me too.
Whether he knew, or wanted it, he needed a strong woman. Someone who loved him, definitely. Who he trusted, and would accept words of wisdom from. A young, immature woman was not what he needed at such a difficult time in his life

Deb

Jungleroom76
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I agree with you but I like Ginger!
For Me all these rumors about her are not true!
Of course maybe I wrong but I think this.

What I said about Ginger is only my opinion... ;)

I certainly respect everyone's views on Ginger...I personally just think she wasn't the right one for Elvis for a variety of reasons! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

presley31
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I often wonder what happened to priscilla when she was alittle girl to make her turn out the way she did and the needy part isn't something that comes natural so maybe she is one of those people who think if she hangs on tight enough she won't lose that person and l turly felt she was like that with elvis but its hard to say what really happened between the pair of them cause elvis would not be with someone for that long if they were full of themselves and just a pain in the butt so to speak and nobody can fake that without letting the real side come out once and awhile. Lets remember there are two sides of every story and we never heard elvis sides but everyone else but i wonder what he would say about her and the way she was when they were together???? anyways some people just aren't met for eachtogether and this was one of them.

GIORGIA
09-12-2009, 12:12 AM

I certainly respect everyone's views on Ginger...I personally just think she wasn't the right one for Elvis for a variety of reasons! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike
Dear Mike,of course is your opinion;)!
And is My too:D;)!
And I agree with you that Ginger she wasn't the right woman for Elvis in this unfortunately difficult time:'(,but I listen a interview that gives Kathy Wistmoralend and she said that Elvis Loves her and I think She's too.
I advice to look this Beautiful Interview!
I Love Kathy:blush:!
But Of course is are opinion;)!
And this one on the beauty of this Beautiful Elvis Site:blush:!
Express ours opinion and talk;):blush:!
Kiss Mike!

debtdbruno
09-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Giving Cilla the benefit of the doubt, she had a difficult childhood, finding out by accident who she thought was her Dad, actually wasn't.
She moved around a lot, had trouble settling and making friends.
Also, maybe she thought Elvis was a different person at the time she met him, compared to after the army.
I truly can't decide, she does seem cold, maybe she is shy???

Brian
09-12-2009, 12:13 AM

TCB!
Mike

Why does everybody say that about Ginger?

They say she was all wrong for Elvis because she was too young or not right for him.

Elvis began dating her when she was 20 that's about the same age as all his other girlfriends were.
She was older than Priscilla was when Elvis began dating her.

So when people say she was too young for him I don't understand that.

I don't know Ginger personally but in every interview i've seen her in she comes across as intelligent and nice.

I don't get the Ginger criticism from all the fans.

mozzarella
09-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I think she looked stunning after she left Elvis, so if not marry her I'd definitely date her. Marriage, I don't think so...

GIORGIA
09-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't know Ginger personally but in every interview i've seen her in she comes across as intelligent and nice.

I agree with you.

Tommy
09-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I often wonder what happened to priscilla when she was alittle girl to make her turn out the way she did and the needy part isn't something that comes natural so maybe she is one of those people who think if she hangs on tight enough she won't lose that person and l turly felt she was like that with elvis but its hard to say what really happened between the pair of them cause elvis would not be with someone for that long if they were full of themselves and just a pain in the butt so to speak and nobody can fake that without letting the real side come out once and awhile. Lets remember there are two sides of every story and we never heard elvis sides but everyone else but i wonder what he would say about her and the way she was when they were together???? anyways some people just aren't met for eachtogether and this was one of them.

I just wanted to say I think Elvis was the controlling type and especially with Priscilla.

Pacerstar
09-12-2009, 01:47 AM

I agree on this. I think for Elvis to have married Ginger would have been
a huge mistake for him. Mostly, I think this because of her age and his age
and also because I think her family, if not her also, was in it for what they
could get from Elvis.:!::!::!:

Getlo
09-12-2009, 02:13 AM

What she looked like, pure and simple.

Too much makeup, too much hair.

Jungleroom76
09-12-2009, 02:14 AM
But Of course is are opinion;)!
And this one on the beauty of this Beautiful Elvis Site:blush:!
Express ours opinion and talk;):blush:!
Kiss Mike!

PRECISELY GIORGIA!!! ;)

Thank you for the kind words my friend! :D

TCB!
Mike

Getlo
09-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Why does everybody say that about Ginger?

They say she was all wrong for Elvis because she was too young or not right for him.

Elvis began dating her when she was 20 that's about the same age as all his other girlfriends were.
She was older than Priscilla was when Elvis began dating her.

So when people say she was too young for him I don't understand that.

It's pretty simple really.

Elvis was 23 when he met Priscilla, 14. They weren't dating until a while later.

When they married, Elvis was 32, she was 21. Quite a difference, but not impossible to make work.

But Ginger? She was 20 when she met Elvis ... who was 41 at the time!

Far to much of a difference to make it work, especially considering who he was.

I've never believed Ginger was a gold-digger, otherwise we'd have heard a lot more from her after Elvis died. But it was just one interview, then she returned to obscurity and raised a family. Good for her.

I'm sure she "loved" Elvis as much as a 20-year-old girl is capable of loving anyone.

But at 20/21 and 41/42 ... she was waaaaaay too young for him!

Jungleroom76
09-12-2009, 02:21 AM
I don't get the Ginger criticism from all the fans.

It really wasn't a criticism about Ginger, per se...I just don't think that she was right for Elvis for a number of reasons.

Again...simply my opinion... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-12-2009, 02:22 AM

Definitely one of the main reasons why I don't think that Ginger was right for Elvis. (y)

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
09-12-2009, 02:28 AM
For me age doesn't mean anything. It depends on the person.

Jungleroom76
09-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Usually, I would also agree that age doesn't mean anything....it's the feelings between the two people.

But I think in Elvis' case, it was a unique situation and Ginger being as young as she was wasn't ready to take care of Elvis, which basically was where he was at by 1977...needing someone to take care of him. :hmm:

Certainly not a normal situation by any means... :doh:

TCB!
Mike

Sweet_One_E.
09-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Ginger was not mature. yes elvis was not in many ways almost like a child in some, but Ginger was not ready to marry any man.

john carpenter
09-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Back then a lot of people dropped acid as well ... ;)LoL Getlo(y)

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Ginger was not mature. yes elvis was not in many ways almost like a child in some, but Ginger was not ready to marry any man.

Well, if I were a man, no I would not have went through the waiting about until Miss Priscilla was ready for marriage. Had I been Elvis I would not have married anyone. Especially Ginger, which some may not appreciate me saying, was just a little girl even though at 5'9 I'm sure she looked very appealing to men.

The woman who best fit Elvis in all ways was Ann M. But the one thing that would have went sour would be the lifestuyle of the times, and the MM. She would have had to see him more, and no MM in the house. lol Can't say as I blame her there.

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Usually, I would also agree that age doesn't mean anything....it's the feelings between the two people.

But I think in Elvis' case, it was a unique situation and Ginger being as young as she was wasn't ready to take care of Elvis, which basically was where he was at by 1977...needing someone to take care of him. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

You are oh so right about that. Ginger was more of a friendly love interest..a companion, nothing but nothing went on...in the way that some people think it did. I also feel had she been more mature, she would have noted he was in the bathroom WAY TOO LONG! Help might have been able to save him.

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:36 AM
It really wasn't a criticism about Ginger, per se...I just don't think that she was right for Elvis for a number of reasons.

Again...simply my opinion... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Your opinion is the same as mine, though I can't say why that means much right now...

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:40 AM

Elvis was 23 when he met Priscilla, 14. They weren't dating until a while later.

When they married, Elvis was 32, she was 21. Quite a difference, but not impossible to make work.

I've never believed Ginger was a gold-digger, otherwise we'd have heard a lot more from her after Elvis died. But it was just one interview, then she returned to obscurity and raised a family. Good for her.

I'm sure she "loved" Elvis as much as a 20-year-old girl is capable of loving anyone.

God, in all reality he could have been her father, and he met Ginger at 5. Yep, some say 3. They met again later on, Even though she was a child, he was a man, once she was grown into a woman, and the fact he was not really doing anything but being in her company, it's not a big deal... ya know the reason he sang so hard..really heart felt deep throated versian of HURT at the concert when he introduced Ginger, he was talking to 'Cillia.

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:47 AM

I'm sorry, but no one was out to "Get" anything from Elvis...Ginger was overwhelmed by him and his place in the world, almost hypnotized like a lot of young women are.
There is room for sadness here, but Ginger didn't mean to ever take Elvis or hurt him. She was if anything just too dammed young and stupid to be the alarm that was screaming loudly that awful morning of Aug16,1977..she had her brain in a pillow...as I think one of us, even at her age, would notice if an elderly pet was having some difficulty. Alerted and got help before it was all said and done, and nothing left to do.

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:53 AM
I agree with you.

I know her. She has grown up a lot. If he was with us now, she might be a great wife. Then again, still too much age gap

Genie
09-12-2009, 03:58 AM
What she looked like, pure and simple.

Too much makeup, too much hair.

Well Elvis fans, if you think about it, Elvis especially liked her that way..for whatever reason. She was beautiful without all that stuff...
I lean toward the thought that Elvis in the early early years, was not especially a gorgeous knock you out dead good looking guy! He was well dressed and groomed, but had pale features unbecoming the King.
The best thing he had, was his talent, his voice, his beautiful spirit and eyes, the rest was more or less what you dislike in 'Cilla.. Dyed black hair, and eyebrows.. eye makeup...crowns here and there.. strip almost anyone of their stage makeup, or in Elvis' case his aquired appearance, and you have someone shopping at the grocerie store, who seems slightly familiar.

Pacerstar
09-12-2009, 04:10 AM

I agree with you on this, Getlo. Added to the difference in their ages, IMO,
was Elvis' life experiences. At 20/21, I don't think Ginger had a vast
amount of life experience. I do respect that Ginger kept a low profile after
Elvis' death. I do admire that. I also feel that her family tried to get what
they could from Elvis while he was alive and after he died. Although Elvis
was 21 when he met Priscilla, he still had the innocence of youth to an
extent. He was a young man, grieving the loss of his mother, far way from
his home and not too mature at that time. That all, imo, made the difference
in his and Priscilla's ages less of an obstacle.:D:D:D:D

Pacerstar
09-12-2009, 04:15 AM
I don't know if bad is the right word....perhaps needy is a better word? To me, she just always seemed like she had to be in control of every situation and if she had completely had her way, Elvis' career might have been put on the backburner.

I understand that she wanted to be with her husband (naturally), but she knew what she was signing up for when she agreed to be his wife...she had been with him long enough to know how things were going to be. If she couldn't handle the situation, she should have just declined his proposal and told him why. Instead, I have always had the feeling that she married him to try and change him....and I don't think that was right.

TCB!
Mike
In my opinion, it makes a lot of sense. I can't really fault her in thinking that
maybe she could change him; but, when that failed, I'd have to say, she
ran for the border! Maybe, she could have changed herself and become the
kind of wife that Elvis wanted, or maybe not.:D:D:D:D

KPM
09-12-2009, 04:42 AM
No I would not have married Priscilla.

Getlo
09-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I also feel had she been more mature, she would have noted he was in the bathroom WAY TOO LONG! Help might have been able to save him.

The fact that Ginger didn't go to the bathroom earlier has nothing to do with her maturity, or lack of same.

She was asleep. End of story.

She was always - and always should be - blameless in Elvis' death.

Getlo
09-12-2009, 08:26 AM
ya know the reason he sang so hard..really heart felt deep throated versian of HURT at the concert when he introduced Ginger, he was talking to 'Cillia.

Cilla was the last thing on his mind then. If you think he was in love/still in love with her, or would have taken her back, think again.

May
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM

TCB!
Mike

It does. (y)(y)

May
09-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Oh COMPLETELY agree!(y)

May
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry, but no one was out to "Get" anything from Elvis....

You don't think??? :supriced::supriced::blink:

May
09-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Cilla was the last thing on his mind then. If you think he was in love/still in love with her, or would have taken her back, think again.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sweet_One_E.
09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I think Elvis turned Priscilla into a spoiled brat, not her fault. but people blame her and everything she was after he did so. even backfired on him.

May
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I wouldnt agree with that. there may be an element of truth in it, but if she wanted something and elvis gave her it .... is he to be blamed for wanting her to be happy??

Sweet_One_E.
09-12-2009, 05:24 PM
it's not right to give anyone everything they want. they think they can have all the time and she became selfish because of that I think maybe. he gave things, the more he gave the more she wanted. teaching her things are what matters.

Diane
09-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I think Elvis turned Priscilla into a spoiled brat, not her fault. but people blame her and everything she was after he did so. even backfired on him.

I disagree. I think Priscilla was used to and got her own way long before she met Elvis.

Diane

Pacerstar
09-12-2009, 05:36 PM

You know, I think Priscilla was a spoiled brat before Elvis ever got hold of
her. Consider how her parents felt that if they did not allow her to go to live
with Elvis she would have run off and gone anyway. Consider that she
told her parents, according to them, that they were ruining her life by not
letting her go with Elvis. At her age then, could she possibly have known that
her life would have been ruined? Consider Priscilla was allowed to go out
around an army base at her tender age unchaporoned (sp?) and was allowed
to got to Elvis' home there at such a young age. No, I think Elvis is not
totally responsibel for Priscilla being a spoiled little brat!:D:D:D:D

debtdbruno
09-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Well Elvis fans, if you think about it, Elvis especially liked her that way..for whatever reason. She was beautiful without all that stuff...
I lean toward the thought that Elvis in the early early years, was not especially a gorgeous knock you out dead good looking guy! He was well dressed and groomed, but had pale features unbecoming the King.
The best thing he had, was his talent, his voice, his beautiful spirit and eyes, the rest was more or less what you dislike in 'Cilla.. Dyed black hair, and eyebrows.. eye makeup...crowns here and there.. strip almost anyone of their stage makeup, or in Elvis' case his aquired appearance, and you have someone shopping at the grocerie store, who seems slightly familiar.

WOW!!!!! .....I'm surprised the women havn't driven you off the board for picking Elvis' looks to pieces like that:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

debtdbruno
09-12-2009, 06:23 PM

TCB!
Mike

Totally agree there Mike. I think Elvis had gone way beyond a 'normal' relationship with anyone. He was not s8xually active, which you would assume a 20 year old woman would want. Watching him eat, making sure he didn't drop off to sleep.........not good times

May
09-12-2009, 06:25 PM

Good post.(y) I dont think Elvis is actually at all responsible. It was more to do with Ann and the way Priscilla was brought up!!

debtdbruno
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Cills herself said she lived in a guilded cage with Elvis

May
09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
You know, I think people will always discuss why their marriage didnt work. And more than likely a lot of people will blame priscilla. All in all though, the lifestyle of the wife of Elvis Presley didnt suit Priscilla. I am sure there are women out there who would have been happy living that life. It was just bad luck that it wasnt suited to Priscilla.

GIORGIA
09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
PRECISELY GIORGIA!!! ;)

Thank you for the kind words my friend! :D

TCB!
Mike
Thank's My Friend:blush:;)!
And Thank you too for the kind words:blush:!

GIORGIA
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't think in this!
I think that Ginger Truly Loves Elvis,and Elvis truly Loves Ginger!
But of course is My opinion;),
and for Me the only girl that Loves Elvis for who they are,A Beautiful Person!Is Dixie!

Pacerstar
09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
You know, I think people will always discuss why their marriage didnt work. And more than likely a lot of people will blame priscilla. All in all though, the lifestyle of the wife of Elvis Presley didnt suit Priscilla. I am sure there are women out there who would have been happy living that life. It was just bad luck that it wasnt suited to Priscilla.

I agree with you on this, May.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

GIORGIA
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I agree with you!

debtdbruno
09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't think it would have suited most women!!!!

Brian
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Cills herself said she lived in a guilded cage with Elvis

What did she expect when she was with Elvis

that's how a lot of famous people live not just Elvis.

Jungleroom76
09-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Good point Brian! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Genie
09-12-2009, 11:24 PM

Okay Getlo, it's obvious you like to pull the rug out from under this lady here, but where did I say he wanted her back... HE WAS HURT! He had Ginger there for show... that is my opinion. I don't need to "Think again"

presley31
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM

Don't really agree with that statement. Elvis did have a habit of being controlling and not all famous people are like this so its alittle unfair to say. Not saying that elvis was wrong with the way he treated priscilla but you have let people grow in there own way too ;)

Genie
09-12-2009, 11:28 PM
WOW!!!!! .....I'm surprised the women havn't driven you off the board for picking Elvis' looks to pieces like that:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I'm sorry you feel that is funny. Elvis was not a well looking young man if you check out the hisytory and the photo's and I'm certain there are ones you have seen that a thought went through your mind, 'Uhhh...Elvis?"
He came into himself very nicely, at about 16 and with some help from hollywood, it got better and better.. I love the man! I was not meaning to pick his looks apart..this rule of thumb is fairly true with everyone. Rich poor, famous or not.

dannyboy1
09-12-2009, 11:32 PM
GEORGIA,

I agree with your earlier comments about Kathy. Her book on her time with Elvis is one of the best I've ever read.

Thank you too for the kind pm about my avatar. Glad you like it.

Genie
09-12-2009, 11:35 PM
The fact that Ginger didn't go to the bathroom earlier has nothing to do with her maturity, or lack of same.

She was asleep. End of story.

She was always - and always should be - blameless in Elvis' death.

I AGREE she should not be blamed for his death.
However, I meant by saying mature..when a mature older woman is either in the home, the bed, or near by, she takes notice....(how do you know she was asleep? I mean honestly..that is what you think or read, it may not have been so) A young person toys with simple detail, a mature person thinks, uses their head wisely, and says HEY? Where is he and why is he in there this long...thats all.. not blaming her for being 20 something.

Genie
09-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Priscilla?

Woof!

No thank you.

YECCHH!!

Gee I wonder what Elvis would have thought of that comment?
Many a young girl and young woman wore their hair the same, the heavy makeup, and mascara..few didn't. Whatever her problem is between her and Elvis, but she was beautiful and she was not stupid.

Brian
09-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Don't really agree with that statement. Elvis did have a habit of being controlling and not all famous people are like this so its alittle unfair to say. Not saying that elvis was wrong with the way he treated priscilla but you have let people grow in there own way too ;)

that's if you believe Priscilla.

I believe Priscilla makes it worse than it really was because she likes to act as a victim.

None of Elvis other girlfriends have ever said that about him.
just Priscilla.

presley31
09-13-2009, 12:11 AM

I believe Priscilla makes it worse than it really was because she likes to act as a victim.

just Priscilla.

I have read lots of books and he wasn't always letting her do her own thing and the other girls may have or not said anything ( i have to do my own reseach there ) Yes l believe priscilla made it out to be more but l don't doubt that he was controlling her in his own way and maybe he felt he had to do that like the MM all said" elvis wanted to model priscilla " in what he wanted well he got his wish but in the end it backfired. I don't any of us know how it really was so l don't think l would say priscilla is a lying in everything but yes alot is untrue tho.

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Priscilla was a very attractive woman, she may have overdone it with the makeup etc in her youth, however there can't be many of us who have reached a certain age (I'm 40) who don't look back and cringe at some of the things we wore in our youth.

Priscilla has grown cold over the years because she has been vilified by the fans for many years, whatever she does cannot appease the fans and so the bitterness has all but consumed her.

Back to the question at hand lol, if Priscilla hadn't married Elvis and she lived a normal life, yes. However she was married to Elvis, after him I'm sure there would only be one area where I could keep her happy :blush: :lmfao:

She was Pretty

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/259588%7EPriscilla-Presley-Posters.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour/gallery/media/Getty-51240058.jpg

Not so much now, the surgery has gone too far!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/gallery/dwts/priscilla_presley.jpg

presley31
09-13-2009, 12:21 AM
agree the Matt. Priscilla was very pretty at one time.

debtdbruno
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
She was a stunning woman

debtdbruno
09-13-2009, 11:20 AM
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Brian's taken my statement in the wrong direction.
Priscilla, I assume, meant Elvis kept her in a guided cage. She had everything money could buy, but was a prisoner as well, he didn't allow her to mix, go, and do anything he didn't want her to do.

debtdbruno
09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry you feel that is funny. Elvis was not a well looking young man if you check out the hisytory and the photo's and I'm certain there are ones you have seen that a thought went through your mind, 'Uhhh...Elvis?"
He came into himself very nicely, at about 16 and with some help from hollywood, it got better and better.. I love the man! I was not meaning to pick his looks apart..this rule of thumb is fairly true with everyone. Rich poor, famous or not.

I'm not disagreeing with you. There are some pics that earn't the best.
My point was, you are brave to state this when women get very defensive over negative things regarding our Man.

LISY
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM

She certainly got to do what she wanted, I'm not a Cilla fan but you can't blame her for asking for all this.. at that age all girls have hormones doing backflips and dreaming of their "knight in shining armour" and then she meets Elvis Presley!!Hooley Madooley!!..And all those things she threatened to do...just teenage speak..I believe her parents gave in way too easily.... it was a different time, but does seem very liberal parenting to me....:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Pacerstar
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
She certainly got to do what she wanted, I'm not a Cilla fan but you can't blame her for asking for all this.. at that age all girls have hormones doing backflips and dreaming of their "knight in shining armour" and then she meets Elvis Presley!!Hooley Madooley!!..And all those things she threatened to do...just teenage speak..I believe her parents gave in way too easily.... it was a different time, but does seem very liberal parenting to me....:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

That was my point, Lisy, Priscilla was a teenager and couldn't possible know
what was best for her in her life to come; but, apparently her parents knew
her well enough to feel they had to do what she wanted - spoiled. Yes, I
agree, very liberal parenting. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Brian
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Brian's taken my statement in the wrong direction.
Priscilla, I assume, meant Elvis kept her in a guided cage. She had everything money could buy, but was a prisoner as well, he didn't allow her to mix, go, and do anything he didn't want her to do.

I didn't take your statement in the wrong direction

I replied what did Priscilla expect when she was married to Elvis.

A lot of famous people are like that and live that way not just Elvis.

She also knew what he was like before the marriage.

debtdbruno
09-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I agree, she did know what she was getting into when she married him.
I also agree, celebrities do live a sheltered life, they havn't any choice.
However, Elvis shouldn't have kept her 'locked up' (obviously I'm exaggerating) but you get my drift, he was away doing whatever he wanted, but she had behave as 'he' expected her to. That's not normal to expect someone to live that way.
Very few women would LONGTERM put up with that life.

GIORGIA
09-13-2009, 08:48 PM
GEORGIA,

I agree with your earlier comments about Kathy. Her book on her time with Elvis is one of the best I've ever read.

Thank you too for the kind pm about my avatar. Glad you like it.
Thank's for your words!
Unfortunatelly I don't read the book,but I listen her in some interview and I Like her Very Much!

debtdbruno
09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Thank's for your words!
Unfortunatelly I don't read the book,but I listen her in some interview and I Like her Very Much!

There was an 'Elvis and Kathy' book sold on e-bay last night for 170

GIORGIA
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
There was an 'Elvis and Kathy' book sold on e-bay last night for 170
Thank's for the info!

LISY
09-14-2009, 08:49 AM
That was my point, Lisy, Priscilla was a teenager and couldn't possible know
what was best for her in her life to come; but, apparently her parents knew
her well enough to feel they had to do what she wanted - spoiled. Yes, I
agree, very liberal parenting. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thought that's what I thought you said, just clarifying LOL(y)(y)... of course we are right!!LOL....only kidding everyone!!:lmfao::lmfao: just ponderings;)

elvislady
09-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I have the older book "kathy and elvis" she came across very genuine in the book.. but i dont know her personally!

elvislady :D

romar
09-15-2009, 12:53 PM

TCB!
Mike

Well let me put it this way.
Linda got a lot of gifts, house, car, jewels. So did her parents and brother.
Linda had an affair with David Briggs. She apparently left Elvis for David. Elvis did not give attentiont to Linda. Elvis had affairs with Cher, Sheila Ryan and Diane Goodman. Oh, what a lot of love an affection there....i do not care what she said on Larry King. The fact's do not lie.
When they split up Linda and a friend went shopping with Elvis his credit card. For 100.000 dollars.(Or more).
When Elvis died she was one of the first to have a all tell book ready on the market plus tv right's sold. And that is love? She is not after his money??
Why, if she loved him so much, did she leave him when things got worse?
Selfisch reasons perhaps?

May
09-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Everyone got a lot of gifts from Elvis.
Linda had an affair? So did Elvis!
She probably left him for the same reasons Priscilla did. couldnt handle the lifestyle or the way drugs made the man she loved. Wasnt she in the bathroom when Elvis shot a gun randomly (although not AT her) narrowly missing her by a few inches??? That, along with other things we have no idea about, would tend to grind you down a little!!

the fact that Lisa kept in touch with her says a lot to me.

I dont remember a book by Linda. whats the title?

Sweet_One_E.
09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Linda gave much to Elvis, more than most so it's ok with me she got in return. I don't know about the credit card rumor, who said that???

May
09-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I dont know - I hadnt heard that either.

romar
09-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I dont know - I hadnt heard that either.

Me and Elvis was the book title. Filmed as a mini series starring Don Johnson.
The credit card thing is something i read once.
Greetz

Donut
09-15-2009, 05:20 PM
When Elvis died she was one of the first to have a all tell book ready on the market plus tv right's sold.

A book??? Linda has never written a book.

romar
09-15-2009, 05:23 PM
She probably left him for the same reasons Priscilla did. couldnt handle the lifestyle or the way drugs made the man she loved. Wasnt she in the bathroom when Elvis shot a gun randomly (although not AT her) narrowly missing her by a few inches??? That, along with other things we have no idea about, would tend to grind you down a little!!

They both affairs. That is what i mean. How much love is there then? If there was love then you would not start an affair or would you?
Both Linda and Priscilla left Elvis. As you know that was devastating to him and he felt more and more betrayed and started taking more and more pills wich weren''t good for him.
You all do realize that don't you...???
It is my opinion that there was some love on some kind of level in the beginning but when Elvis started to open his eys and saw what she really was after i think it grew less and less.
I mean now there is a book and a dvd from a friend of Linda...?? And nobody is making no money of him and everbody loved him so much. Shows a lot of love and respect to me.
But that is just my idea.

May
09-15-2009, 05:32 PM

Exactly!:blink:

May
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Both Linda and Priscilla left Elvis. As you know that was devastating to him and he felt more and more betrayed and started taking more and more pills wich weren''t good for him.

this goes back to the whole "because Priscilla left Elvis, he spiralled downhill from there"

I dont believe for one second Priscilla, or Linda or anyone else come to that, had anything to do with Elvis's drug taking. Elvis was responsible for Elvis. No one else can be blamed for anothers actions,.

Diane
09-15-2009, 07:10 PM
this goes back to the whole "because Priscilla left Elvis, he spiralled downhill from there"

I dont believe for one second Priscilla, or Linda or anyone else come to that, had anything to do with Elvis's drug taking.

( Elvis was responsible for Elvis. No one else can be blamed for anothers actions,.)

Unless they were "enablers".............:mad:

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
They both affairs. That is what i mean. How much love is there then? If there was love then you would not start an affair or would you?
It is my opinion that there was some love on some kind of level in the beginning but when Elvis started to open his eys and saw what she really was after i think it grew less and less.
I mean now there is a book and a dvd from a friend of Linda...?? And nobody is making no money of him and everbody loved him so much. Shows a lot of love and respect to me.
But that is just my idea.

I believe that Linda had a very difficult time, her life wasn't a bunch of roses that's for sure. Linda has never written a book although if she did, it would in my opinion almost certainly be positive.

In all the interviews I have seen of Linda she has always spoken highly of Elvis. Linda might have enjoyed the trappings of the lavish lifestyle Elvis lived, but she also lived with Elvis during a period that wasn't easy to handle. I have heard his ex wife speak of Elvis far worse than Linda :angry:

Diane
09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I believe that Linda had a very difficult time, her life wasn't a bunch of roses that's for sure. Linda has never written a book although if she did, it would in my opinion almost certainly be positive.

In all the interviews I have seen of Linda she has always spoken highly of Elvis. Linda might have enjoyed the trappings of the lavish lifestyle Elvis lived, but she also lived with Elvis during a period that wasn't easy to handle. I have heard his ex wife speak of Elvis far worse than Linda :angry:

I think Linda did for Elvis all that humanly possible. So what if she got some perks along the way....she certainly earned them.

Diane

Jungleroom76
09-15-2009, 08:10 PM

ABSOLUTELY 100% AGREE!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

GIORGIA
09-15-2009, 08:26 PM

I Agree with you(y)!

GIORGIA
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM

just Priscilla.
I think the same thing!

GIORGIA
09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Right(y)!
True!

debtdbruno
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM

(y)(y)(y)(y)This is the thing...........waht you cope with to start with, diminishes over time. Nobody can judge either women, nobody lived their lives with Elvis.
I've read somewhere about the spending blitz.
She's never done a book

Deb

debtdbruno
09-15-2009, 09:10 PM

I dont believe for one second Priscilla, or Linda or anyone else come to that, had anything to do with Elvis's drug taking. Elvis was responsible for Elvis. No one else can be blamed for anothers actions,.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Deb

debtdbruno
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I think Linda did for Elvis all that humanly possible. So what if she got some perks along the way....she certainly earned them.

Diane

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) agree Diane

Deb

romar
09-16-2009, 09:34 AM
(y)(y)(y)(y)This is the thing...........waht you cope with to start with, diminishes over time. Nobody can judge either women, nobody lived their lives with Elvis.
I've read somewhere about the spending blitz.
She's never done a book

Deb
Well if that is what you want to believe.....she sure has written a book. It is filmed. Check it. Google. IMDB.
I can't believe you don't know that.
I have excerpts of that book. 6 or 7 pages. Released in a magazine in 1979 or 1980. I stiil have it in one of the scapbooks.
And again it is filmed for tv early 80's. Don Johnson as Elvis. And Stephanie Zimberlast as Linda. Elvis and the Beauty Queen.Check the site IMDB.

How do you feel about Sonny and Red? They did the same thing really.
Greetz

romar
09-16-2009, 09:43 AM

Yes they can be blamed. Cause they had they were the most involved with him. It is the influence they have. conscious or sub conscious.
We are all human and open to all kinds of thing from the outside. And i agree nobody is perfect and Elvis should have taken better care of himself. He was a smart grown man. But still...when you love someone and they leave or betray you...when you feel lonely and isolated pills are a way to forget you problems.
That is what i think happend. And it is very very sad.
How do you feel about Red and Sonny?

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Well if that is what you want to believe.....she sure has written a book. It is filmed. Check it. Google. IMDB.
I can't believe you don't know that.
I have excerpts of that book. 6 or 7 pages. Released in a magazine in 1979 or 1980. I stiil have it in one of the scapbooks.
And again it is filmed for tv early 80's. Don Johnson as Elvis. And Stephanie Zimberlast as Linda. Elvis and the Beauty Queen.Check the site IMDB.

How do you feel about Sonny and Red? They did the same thing really.
Greetz

Can you please provide a copy of excerpts (y)

Yes they can be blamed. Cause they had they were the most involved with him. It is the influence they have. conscious or sub conscious.
We are all human and open to all kinds of thing from the outside. And i agree nobody is perfect and Elvis should have taken better care of himself. He was a smart grown man. But still...when you love someone and they leave or betray you...when you feel lonely and isolated pills are a way to forget you problems.
That is what i think happend. And it is very very sad.
How do you feel about Red and Sonny?

We are almost certainly going to have to disagree with the above, Elvis played his part in ALL his relationships for better or worse. Just because you buy someone a mink coat does not mean you can sleep with another woman on the side!

I'm not saying that the women in Elvis' life were not without fault but they are not the primary reason Elvis' life declined. He took drugs in the army, he took sleeping pills because he couldn't sleep and very probably he took some drugs because he enjoyed the effects. By the time Linda entered Elvis' life his drug habits were well established.

Even if Linda has written a book, which incidentally I'm still not 10% convinced. I doubt you could find anything bad in there otherwise you wouldn't have kept it?

romar
09-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Can you please provide a copy of excerpts (y)

We are almost certainly going to have to disagree with the above, Elvis played his part in ALL his relationships for better or worse. Just because you buy someone a mink coat does not mean you can sleep with another woman on the side!

I'm not saying that the women in Elvis' life were not without fault but they are not the primary reason Elvis' life declined. He took drugs in the army, he took sleeping pills because he couldn't sleep and very probably he took some drugs because he enjoyed the effects. By the time Linda entered Elvis' life his drug habits were well established.

Even if Linda has written a book, which incidentally I'm still not 10% convinced. I doubt you could find anything bad in there otherwise you wouldn't have kept it?

Giving someone a mink coat or any kind of present is no reason to sleep with someone else. I totally agree.
And yes you are right in saying that Elvis played his part in his relationships. But i also at the same time think that she was out on the money and the lifestyle.
I am saying that she had a few rich an famous boyfriend's. Wonder why it was never a guy who works for, let's say, the railroad company. That's how she pay's all the face and body lifts....
What did she accomplisch except writting a few song's. Looks to me she gets back on the Elvis story every time.
Just like Cybill Shepard. Her career is pretty much over and now she comes out with stories about her relationship and engagement. She supposdley gave back a handfull of pills plus a engagement ring.
Just like Priscilla who did more than allright with her last name....what is her last name anyway? Wagner, Beaulieu or Presley??? What did she do? Dallas, Naked Gun and ...let's see....oh yea running Graceland.
I mean come on.
The copies are in dutch since i am from The Netherlands. I have to look up the scrapbook an figure out how to scan and place them on your side. Besides i am taking a two week trip.
I shall see what i can do.

debtdbruno
09-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Cybil Shepherd is a totally different ballgame............she had a fleeting relationship with him.
Linda was there over 4 years, sharing the highs and lows. She has a right to do and say things about their relatioship.............I mean, this woman stayed awake to keep him from choking on his food many times. She didn't have to do that, she could have left much earlier.

I think EIN had an article about Linda's book never coming out

May
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes they can be blamed. Cause they had they were the most involved with him. ?

That's just silly IMO. Let me get this right ...You are blaming the MM (or Cilla or Linda?) for Elvis's drug problem and subsequent early death??(n):blink:

debtdbruno
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
His pill intake did seem to esculate, (maybe coincidentally) with Cilla's departure.
However, surely the relentless grind of touring/night for day work had more to do with his increase. Coupled with the knowledge he was getting older and the press was hounding him about his weight

romar
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
That's just silly IMO. Let me get this right ...You are blaming the MM (or Cilla or Linda?) for Elvis's drug problem and subsequent early death??(n):blink:

No i am not blaming anybody but i do think the freeloaders caused to much stress and suck the life out of Elvis and in that way contibuted to an pemature death.
Wy did he do pills in the first place? looking for oblivion??

What caused his death then? An overdose? When Lisa was there??
Heart problems? What caused the heart attack? Stress maybe?

To me Elvis was a human beining and humans do die of natural causes. However those causes do not come by themselves do they?

romar
09-16-2009, 01:39 PM
But to awnser the original question. Would i marry Cilla or Linda?
No i do not think so.

Good forum. Really interesting.

Dorothy
09-17-2009, 05:01 AM
I have a friend, neither for or against Elvis, who says the marriage question for the guys is not fair, because Elvis was ELVIS, while Priscilla was....what, who? She was Elvis' wife.....her only claim to fame!!

Jungleroom76
09-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Well let me put it this way.
Linda got a lot of gifts, house, car, jewels. So did her parents and brother.
Linda had an affair with David Briggs. She apparently left Elvis for David. Elvis did not give attentiont to Linda. Elvis had affairs with Cher, Sheila Ryan and Diane Goodman. Oh, what a lot of love an affection there....i do not care what she said on Larry King. The fact's do not lie.
When they split up Linda and a friend went shopping with Elvis his credit card. For 100.000 dollars.(Or more).
When Elvis died she was one of the first to have a all tell book ready on the market plus tv right's sold. And that is love? She is not after his money??
Why, if she loved him so much, did she leave him when things got worse?
Selfisch reasons perhaps?

Perhaps she did make some questionable choices after leaving Elvis....I certainly won't argue that!

But I think the whole affair thing with David was simply because she needed someone to talk to that would understand what she was going through with Elvis and it just developed into something more than a friendship. Linda certainly had needs as well, and Elvis simply wasn't giving her what she needed emotionally. :hmm:

But I give her a LOT of credit for staying with him and loving him during one of the roughest periods of his life. If she didn't love him, I'm sure she would have left long before she did.

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM

EXACTLY!!! (y)

I don't believe Linda has ever written a book about her time with Elvis either...but I don't doubt for a second that while it would document some very turbulent times with Elvis, it would be written with nothing but love for him. ;)

TCB!
Mike

Sweet_One_E.
09-18-2009, 11:54 PM
well said jungleroom

Jungleroom76
09-18-2009, 11:57 PM
well said jungleroom

Thanks!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
09-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Elvis, Linda & Me: Collector's Edition by Jeanne Lemay Dumas, Jim Cox, and Linda Thompson (Hardcover - Mar 25, 2007) Linda Thompson wrote the forward.

I know of no other book by Linda Tompson, about Elvis.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/TommyTCB/tcb%20book.jpg

elvislady
09-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Elvis, Linda & Me: Collector's Edition by Jeanne Lemay Dumas, Jim Cox, and Linda Thompson (Hardcover - Mar 25, 2007) Linda Thompson wrote the forward.

I got this book.

debtdbruno
09-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Me too...........it's not by Linda though is it?

Tommy
09-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Me too...........it's not by Linda though is it?

No, just the forward. Look above for my post. :rolleyes:

GIORGIA
09-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I Think as I said before that the only girl that understand Elvis in deep is Dixie!
She Loves Elvis for Who He was!
Of course is My Opinion!

GIORGIA
09-19-2009, 07:57 PM

I know of no other book by Linda Tompson, about Elvis.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/TommyTCB/tcb%20book.jpg
I don't know this!Until now:supriced:!
But why she do that?

May
09-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I have a friend, neither for or against Elvis, who says the marriage question for the guys is not fair, because Elvis was ELVIS, while Priscilla was....what, who? She was Elvis' wife.....her only claim to fame!!

Interesting point your friend has Dorothy:hmm::D

Merry
09-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Priscilla and Elvis, you could see that they had a ball together. Cilla laughed just as hard as he did, and they loved each other's company.

It isn't who a person is, but how he or she, makes you feel, and what they do for you, as a spouse or friend, how caring they are.

I respectfully disagree, with saying someone is "who" if they care about their spouse/friends and are good to them. It's inside that counts, someone who holds your hand when you need them, or is there all the time, is more important than anything.

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-19-2009, 11:06 PM
To love someone without receiving the love back is very difficult!

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 01:01 AM
To love someone without receiving the love back is very difficult!

Are you saying Cilla didn't love Elvis? Or Elvis didn't love Cilla?
I think they did love each other, just not enough to survive an unusual marriage.

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Are you saying Cilla didn't love Elvis? Or Elvis didn't love Cilla?
I think they did love each other, just not enough to survive an unusual marriage.

The problem with Elvis from what I have read is that he liked to be around the guys, so if he is filming movies and his wife isn't there, that is a lot of time alone. Then when you are home the guys are there, it doesn't seem like a lot of quality time for his wife?

Elvis is known for having an eye for the ladies, if you are home and you are hearing that information, it would soon start to make you feel lonely. When Priscilla met up with Elvis she could have foreseen how much time she would spend alone. It wouldn't matter how much Elvis told her he loved her, in the end action speaks louder than words :hmm:

I'm not saying for one minute that Elvis didn't love Priscilla, I just believe he had very different ideas about marriage to the conventional route. Just because you are rich and famous does not absolve you from being attentive.

elvislady
09-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Elvis is known for having an eye for the ladies, if you are home and you are hearing that information, it would soon start to make you feel lonely. When Priscilla met up with Elvis she could have foreseen how much time she would spend alone. It wouldn't matter how much Elvis told her he loved her, in the end action speaks louder than words

He was elvis, and he thought cilla would wait around for him.. i agree they loved one another cilla decided she was not going to be left on the shelf.

Sweet_One_E.
09-20-2009, 12:53 PM
The problem with Elvis from what I have read is that he liked to be around the guys, so if he is filming movies and his wife isn't there, that is a lot of time alone. Then when you are home the guys are there, it doesn't seem like a lot of quality time for his wife?

Elvis is known for having an eye for the ladies, if you are home and you are hearing that information, it would soon start to make you feel lonely. When Priscilla met up with Elvis she could have foreseen how much time she would spend alone. It wouldn't matter how much Elvis told her he loved her, in the end action speaks louder than words :hmm:

I'm not saying for one minute that Elvis didn't love Priscilla, I just believe he had very different ideas about marriage to the conventional route. Just because you are rich and famous does not absolve you from being attentive.

I don't understand what you say? when they got married he was at the end of the movie career. he stayed recording in Tn mostly. Then he did the special and was not gone from home much. so mostly things got better not worse. didn't things at that time?
I see if different. I think they did finally have more time as a couple and that it when they got on each others nerves and found less tolerance. sort of like when a man retires and suddenly all the couple dislikes about each other becomes a problem.
When Elvis was away, she was free to do things and she did. dancing, karate, shopping.
it is said, be careful what you wish for
not sure I could be with him that much and have him in my business so much and my business now being more and more all about him and to have a baby too. he was like a baby sometimes they say. so it's trading one problem for another and no way was a good way and she found that out. my opinion. very sad.

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 01:37 PM

I agree with you there(y)(y)(y)(y)

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't understand what you say? when they got married he was at the end of the movie career. he stayed recording in Tn mostly. Then he did the special and was not gone from home much. so mostly things got better not worse. didn't things at that time?
I see if different. I think they did finally have more time as a couple and that it when they got on each others nerves and found less tolerance. sort of like when a man retires and suddenly all the couple dislikes about each other becomes a problem.
When Elvis was away, she was free to do things and she did. dancing, karate, shopping.
it is said, be careful what you wish for
not sure I could be with him that much and have him in my business so much and my business now being more and more all about him and to have a baby too. he was like a baby sometimes they say. so it's trading one problem for another and no way was a good way and she found that out. my opinion. very sad.

That's a different observation than I've seen before. Getting on each others nerves because they were together too much:hmm::hmm:

I tend to think their relationship suffered more once he started touring, because he was away more. When he did the movies he kept 'regular' hours.

Sweet_One_E.
09-20-2009, 03:11 PM
yes, on tour was bad but it's my opinion that the trouble set in before that. something had to happen. we think it all looked so nice but I think not. already when in Vegas he told a person that he was skinny, because of a bad marriage. this time when they should have been happy, I think looks so good but something was wrong. I am so curious about that. even men with a wandering eye can be faithful if happy. a women too, but both cheated the time they should have been the happiest and had the things they wanted. so what was missing?

presley31
09-20-2009, 03:29 PM
yes, on tour was bad but it's my opinion that the trouble set in before that. something had to happen. we think it all looked so nice but I think not. already when in Vegas he told a person that he was skinny, because of a bad marriage. this time when they should have been happy, I think looks so good but something was wrong. I am so curious about that. even men with a wandering eye can be faithful if happy. a women too, but both cheated the time they should have been the happiest and had the things they wanted. so what was missing?

Where did this came from? Book or interview?

Elvis would never be faithful with anybody;)

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2009, 03:31 PM
He was elvis, and he thought cilla would wait around for him.. i agree they loved one another cilla decided she was not going to be left on the shelf.

She was human, just because Elvis was Elvis didn't negate his duties to his wife. Buying expensive gifts does not make up for sleeping around when you are away from home!

Elvis and Priscilla lived together from 1961-2 until 1971-72? those years together they could be considered common law man and wife. Should Elvis have treated her any different just because they weren't married?

Elvis made movies from 1960-1969, he made approx 3 movies per year. He started live performing in 1969. I bet she took up most hobbies because he wasn't around.

It is said, be careful what you wish for

He just wasn't that attentive IMO :supriced:

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 03:55 PM

I thought he lost weight during the rehearsals for the 69 Return?
I'm sure 'occasionally' within celebrity marriages there will be partners who remain faithful........not often I'd gamble!!!
Elvis was perceived as such a stud, there was no way he would remain faithful, the attention women threw at him.

Cilla has said problems started when Lisa was born, because she couldn't just be 'Elvis' wife anymore. She was a Mum, which had to take priority.

Sweet_One_E.
09-20-2009, 04:36 PM
"Elvis made movies from 1960-1969, he made approx 3 movies per year. He started live performing in 1969. I bet she took up most hobbies because he wasn't around."

that's what I mean-how many movies after the wedding. I don't know. I read on a website not many and was not cheating on them, I may be wrong, what movies, what women.

"Should Elvis have treated her any different just because they weren't married?"

yes, he made a promise then, I don't know about any promise before.

"He started live performing in 1969. I bet she took up most hobbies because he wasn't around."

I'm talking about marriage to 1969, I think the year after Lisa was the killer and I wonder why. just curious about what others think. like I said, it should have been their perfect time.

elvislady
09-20-2009, 05:13 PM
jumpsuitejunkie

She was human, just because Elvis was Elvis didn't negate his duties to his wife. Buying expensive gifts does not make up for sleeping around when you are away from home!

I didnt mention gifts..i meant elvis was elvis he did what he wanted.. and that went for anyone in his life.. and i dont blame cilla for not waiting around, she was smart... she got out!

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2009, 05:22 PM
that's what I mean-how many movies after the wedding. I don't know. I read on a website not many and was not cheating on them, I may be wrong, what movies, what women.

They got married in 1967.
1967 He made 3 movies.
1968 he made 3 movies.
1969 he made 3 movies.

"Should Elvis have treated her any different just because they weren't married?"

yes, he made a promise then, I don't know about any promise before.

Obviously we disagree on this, Elvis should have been attentive before and during the marriage. I didn't treat my wife better just because I married her :blink:

"He started live performing in 1969. I bet she took up most hobbies because he wasn't around."

I'm talking about marriage to 1969, I think the year after Lisa was the killer and I wonder why. just curious about what others think. like I said, it should have been their perfect time.

Things change in any marrage after a baby is born. I have heard rumour that Elvis found it difficult to have relations after than because of the madonna issue, but that is all it is.. Rumours.

IMHO Elvis was already bored of Priscilla before they wed and that is probably why the drifted apart. Nevertheless he married Priscilla and should have remained faithful and attentive or stood his ground and not married.

elvislady
09-20-2009, 05:25 PM
jumpsuitejunkie

IMHO Elvis was already bored of Priscilla before they wed and that is probably why the drifted apart. Nevertheless he married Priscilla and should have remained faithful and attentive or stood his ground and not married.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

elvislady

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-20-2009, 05:26 PM
jumpsuitejunkie

I didnt mention gifts..i meant elvis was elvis he did what he wanted.. and that went for anyone in his life.. and i dont blame cilla for not waiting around, she was smart... she got out!

I know you didn't mention gifts :lol: I was commenting that Elvis would buy expensive gifts to make up for his moods or being away.

elvislady
09-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I know you didn't mention gifts :lol: I was commenting that Elvis would buy expensive gifts to make up for his moods or being away.

Point taken!

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
They got married in 1967.
1967 He made 3 movies.
1968 he made 3 movies.
1969 he made 3 movies.

Obviously we disagree on this, Elvis should have been attentive before and during the marriage. I didn't treat my wife better just because I married her :blink:

Things change in any marrage after a baby is born. I have heard rumour that Elvis found it difficult to have relations after than because of the madonna issue, but that is all it is.. Rumours.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Tommy
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
They say a photo speaks volumes, from this photo you can see they had a deep abiding love for each other.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/TommyTCB/1969%20abce.jpg

Sweet_One_E.
09-20-2009, 06:39 PM
and that picture seems so sad, so sweet but not lasting

Diane
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM
They say a photo speaks volumes, from this photo you can see they had a deep abiding love for each other.

I love that picture too and I think they had moments of closeness but not enough to keep them together.

Diane

GIORGIA
09-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I love that picture too and I think they had moments of closeness but not enough to keep them together.

Diane
I agree with you Diane!

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Me too Diane.

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I've always liked this one of them both, they look so happy

debtdbruno
09-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Sorry, wrong photo...........I meant this one
They look close, loving!!

GIORGIA
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Sorry, wrong photo...........I meant this one
They look close, loving!!
What Can I say?
Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky:blush:!
I'm So So So So So So So So Envy!

Billy Budd
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Married Priscilla? No. But i must admit she looked beautiful around the wedding i 1967. I actually like her hair back then.

romar
09-21-2009, 01:16 PM

There are not many photo's of Elvis and Linda were elvis laughs or even smile's a little on them. Mostly not. That has to mean or say something. i think

Sweet_One_E.
09-21-2009, 01:42 PM
when was that taken? they were separated and he was dating Bova around then right? I'm sure they had a special place in their hearts for each other, and that pictures seems to show it, but I don't think they were together then.

debtdbruno
09-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm not very good with dating things, but I'd hazard a guess and say they were still together in this pic
Maybe 70ish

GIORGIA
09-21-2009, 10:13 PM
This Pic was taken in Los Angeles December 31 1969.
During a Party.

debtdbruno
09-21-2009, 10:15 PM
hahahaha..............I was only 1 day off..............LOL

GIORGIA
09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
hahahaha..............I was only 1 day off..............LOL
Yeah:D:lol::lmfao:

Dorothy
09-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Interesting point your friend has Dorothy:hmm::D

I thought so, I never even thought about it that way until he mentioned it.

Sweet_One_E.
09-22-2009, 03:29 AM
oh good then they were together, now more sad, that lovin feelin did not stay