PDA

View Full Version : Kitty White Dies ( Crawfish duet)

hounddog
08-27-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20090826/NEWS01/908260313/Singer+Kitty+White+Lee+remembered+by+children

I loved her voice, sympathy's to her loved ones.

Getlo
08-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Crawfish is one of the great, forgotten Presley songs.

hounddog
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
i agree 100% and i love the scene in King Creole as well. i played Crawfish so often on my tape that it lost sound quality compared to the rest of the tape.

moody-blues67
08-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Crawfish is one of the great, forgotten Presley songs.

I agree completly !!

I read on the internet that the song Crawfish was one of
the late singer of The Clash.....Joe Strummers favorite songs of all time.

Getlo
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Sadly, although she was mentioned in the movie credits, she remained uncredited on the RCA release for far to long.

I have a particular fondness for that song. My late mother loathed it, and would fly into a psychotic rage if ever I played it.

Which I did, and often! :D

elvislady
08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
R.I.P kitty, she had such a poweful voice!
YouTube - ELVIS PRESLEY (with Kitty White) - CRAWFISH

elvislady

Diane
08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
So sorry to hear this...RIP Kitty. Crawfish will always be one of my favorite songs. Kitty's voice was fantastic!

Diane

debtdbruno
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Sadly, although she was mentioned in the movie credits, she remained uncredited on the RCA release for far to long.

I have a particular fondness for that song. My late mother loathed it, and would fly into a psychotic rage if ever I played it.

You wind-up merchant Getlo:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

john carpenter
08-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Until this moment i didn't even know who the woman was who dueted with Elvis on Crawfish. Thanks for the info!

john carpenter
08-27-2009, 04:07 PM

Which I did, and often! :D:lmfao::lmfao:Believe me Getlo i understand:blush:

Jungleroom76
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Another loss for the Elvis world... :'(

...and I agree that CRAWFISH is a great, forgotten song as Getlo pointed out. ;)

R.I.P. Kitty

TCB!
Mike

GIORGIA
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I'M SO SAD FOR THIS LOSS:'(:'(:'(:'(!
The Duet with Elvis is FANTASTIC!
BEAUTIFUL!

SleepyJack
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Really sad to hear of her passing.... that lady had a fantastic voice.Agree with the opinion that the song "Crawfish" is seriously underrated. Rest in peace Kitty.

Pacerstar
08-27-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20090826/NEWS01/908260313/Singer+Kitty+White+Lee+remembered+by+children

I loved her voice, sympathy's to her loved ones.

She had a very nice voice. Crawfish was not among my favorite songs.

GIORGIA
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
R.I.P kitty, she had such a poweful voice!
YouTube - ELVIS PRESLEY (with Kitty White) - CRAWFISH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnfoDMVi6iA)

elvislady
I Totally Agree with you!
BEAUTIFUL:wub::wub::wub::clap::clap::clap:!
Thank you for post this Video:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy!

KPM
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM

We just watched that King Creole about a week ago and my wife wondered who the woman was who sang with him on it-she liked her voice.

My mom hated "Youre so Square"-she actually did not like much by Elvis back then and would make fun of him to agravate me.:D

Diane
08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
My whole family was against Elvis when he first became famous...except for my Mom...tg.:):):)

Diane

mrsphilly
08-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Rest in peace Kitty. I am with everybody else I did not know name or ever knew of her til now. but i did sing along with her and Rlvis when they would sing the song at the begin of the movie.

rocknroll
08-28-2009, 02:39 AM
Until this moment i didn't even know who the woman was who dueted with Elvis on Crawfish. Thanks for the info!

Not much of a duet.

Getlo
08-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Not much of a duet.

Elvis and Kitty = two people;
Duet = two people singing;
Elvis and Kitty singing = duet.

rocknroll
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Elvis and Kitty = two people;
Duet = two people singing;
Elvis and Kitty singing = duet.

Correct. However, not much of a duet.

Comprehension not too big down under, is it? :D

Brian
08-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Correct. However, not much of a duet.

Comprehension not too big down under, is it? :D

I understand what you are saying rocknroll.

Kitty White starts out singing or saying the name Crawfish but once Elvis comes into the picture he sings the entire song by himself.
that's not much of a duet it's different from the usual duets where you have two singers singing together with them taking turns on singing a line of the song until the song is over.

I agree Crawfish is a great underrated song.