PDA

View Full Version : Cybill Shepherd

Donut
08-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Cybill Shepherd walked out on Elvis Presley after late-night drugs offer

Actress Cybill Shepherd has revealed that she decide to split with Elvis Presley after she couldn’t deal with his drug problems.
Shepherd broke up with the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll after he offered her prescription pills one night before they were going to bed, reports the Daily Express.
Shepherd recollects: “He said, ‘Here, take these,’ and he had pills in his hands and I said, ‘Aren’t you gonna take some of them?’ and he said, ‘Well, I’ve already had mine.’…He was almost already asleep and I went and flushed them down the toilet, returned his emerald and diamond ring and just said, ‘Thankyou, but I can’t.’”
Presley never believed that all was over between them :rolleyes: and asked Shepherd to dump filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich when she visited him later.

Shepherd said, “I don’t think it had sunk in that I had already ended it.” (ANI)

http://www.newspostonline.com/entertainment/cybill-shepherd-cybill-shepherd-walked-out-on-elvis-presley-after-late-night-drugs-offer-2009081966600

Brian
08-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Cybill Shepherd has told that story a couple of times over the years.
The funny thing is she never mentioned Elvis when her career was going well.

Diane
08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Dunno if you agree with me or not Donut but that "woman" is full of you know what. She has ego to spare and spilling over.

Diane

hounddog
08-19-2009, 11:05 PM
personally i find her a bit much to take , i watched her be interviewed on Oprah (i think) and she was just sexually crude about her relationship with Elvis, it's was like he's her running joke. Very bad.

The King's Queen
08-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Dunno if you agree with me or not Donut but that "woman" is full of you know what. She has ego to spare and spilling over.

Diane

personally i find her a bit much to take , i watched her be interviewed on Oprah (i think) and she was just sexually crude about her relationship with Elvis, it's was like he's her running joke. Very bad.

No arguments from me you two...I totally agree!!! (y)(y)(y)

Merry
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM

Perhaps, amongst what we all sense, she's over compensating for her own inadequacies? (ooooh that was nasty from me :D) :lol: :D (y)

franny
08-20-2009, 12:58 AM
I recently saw her on Entertainment Tonight and she was telling that story...She really made it sound like they had a very special relationship and that drugs was the reason it ended...How long did they go out for? and when?

She sure talks like she has a very big ego :lol: I agree, Diane.

franny

Junebug
08-20-2009, 02:26 AM
I saw a small portion of Cybill's segment on the ET show from a couple of weeks ago. I came in at the point where she was commenting on 'the drugs' (referencing MJ's situation) and how she "saw it first-hand with Elvis."

It seems she finds her way onto ET every year around late July/early August to tell the same tired little story.

As an added bonus on this round, she was shilling her Hallmark movie 'Mrs. Washington Goes to Smith' too. Yeah....I missed it also...;)....it aired Aug. 1!

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940753.html?categoryid=32&cs=1

:P

franny
08-20-2009, 02:29 AM
As an added bonus on this round, she was shilling her Hallmark movie 'Mrs. Washington Goes to Smith' too. Yeah....I missed it also...;)....it aired Aug. 1!

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940753.html?categoryid=32&cs=1

:P

I missed her Hallmark movie, too. I'm so disappointed :lol:

franny

TotallyInsane
08-20-2009, 03:45 AM
When her movie The Last Picture Show came out Elvis was smitten with her cause she was young and from Memphis. I think they went out twice!! Geez, I saw him more than she did!!! I can't stand this woman!

shelley.m.
08-20-2009, 03:55 AM
I guess she needed her 15 mins of fame.

Junebug
08-20-2009, 04:20 AM
When her movie The Last Picture Show came out Elvis was smitten with her cause she was young and from Memphis. I think they went out twice!! Geez, I saw him more than she did!!! I can't stand this woman!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have me rolling.......

(y)(y)(y)

Lisarose
08-20-2009, 04:21 AM

And you probably got a few more kisses from Elvis than she did, too! :D

hounddog
08-20-2009, 05:02 AM
i thought it was twice as well TotallyInsane, can't really all that dating can we? Well i'll put it this way i wouldn't

rickb
08-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Give it up Cybill - you're an old hac clinging to fame based on a brief fling with Elvis

Donut
08-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Diane

I don't know much about her Diane. She is not news here since 'Monlighting' but after reading this article that's what it seems to me, yes.

elvislady
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I got her book given to me and she is very crude in her way of speaking about elvis...i like her but found this sort of smut embarrassing more than anything!

elvislady

May
08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Cybill Shepherd has told that story a couple of times over the years.
The funny thing is she never mentioned Elvis when her career was going well.

Oh how true Brian!!

May
08-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Perhaps, amongst what we all sense, she's over compensating for her own inadequacies? (ooooh that was nasty from me :D) :lol: :D (y)

I like that Jess. :lol:(y)

May
08-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Give it up Cybill - you're an old hac clinging to fame based on a brief fling with Elvis

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y)

Diane
08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I got her book given to me and she is very crude in her way of speaking about elvis...i like her but found this sort of smut embarrassing more than anything!

elvislady

She obviously doesn't care that she comes off that way to people when she speaks like that.

Class is not being snooty and appearing wealthy, it's how you behave with and towards other people and she hasn't got it.

Diane

Rhinestone
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I remember well that interview she did with Oprah...I was shocked and disgusted that she would be so crude. I had no opinion about her one way or another up until that time, but I sure had one after seeing that.

presley31
08-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I'am thinking she is trying to make herself feel like she was more inportant to elvis than she really was at the time. Time to move on Cybill and get over yourself.

debtdbruno
08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
She's got squinty eyes too
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

elvislady
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I got to say she was a lovely looking lady when she was younger!

elvislady:D

Brian
08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Cybill Shepherd went on 5 dates with Elvis over a period of about a month and a half or two months like a lot of other people she makes more out of her relationship with Elvis for publicity purposes.

Her career has had it's ups and downs so to make herself look good she tells people she taught Elvis things in the bedroom which actually sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud.
Sometimes she does say nice things about him I think when she mentions these stories about teaching Elvis things in bed it's more to make her look good than to make Elvis look bad.

Cybill talks about Elvis like she knew him real well and says he did this or that because of fame etc.
She doesn't know what she's talking about.

john carpenter
08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
When her movie The Last Picture Show came out Elvis was smitten with her cause she was young and from Memphis. I think they went out twice!! Geez, I saw him more than she did!!! I can't stand this woman! :lmfao::lmfao:Gail you are something else hon:lmfao:I have never seen a pic of them together..have you?

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 08:18 PM

Diane
I agree with you!
(y)(y)(y)(y)

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't like Cybill(n):angry:!

Hominuk
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
She's bonkers....and if you believe the media, she's gotten more bonkers over the years....

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
She's bonkers....and if you believe the media, she's gotten more bonkers over the years....
Sorry,but what you mean bonkers?

debtdbruno
08-20-2009, 09:07 PM

Mad as a hatter, wierd, strange etc....

Brian
08-20-2009, 09:08 PM

she's gone crazy.

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Mad as a hatter, wierd, strange etc....
Thank you!

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:14 PM
she's gone crazy.
Thank you!

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I notice that wathching her.

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
I believe sometimes the media,sometimes not,
but I agree with you about her.

Unchained Melody
08-20-2009, 09:30 PM

She seems like someone who plays the role of someone important in Elvis' life who really wasn't.

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
She seems like someone who plays the role of someone important in Elvis' life who really wasn't.
I agree with you!

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I agree with you too!

debtdbruno
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I dislike the,......'I taught him everything he knew' stuff. It's like, come on? Who are you trying to kid? Elvis needed teaching?.........I don't think so!!!! The volumes of women that passed through his life.......nah!!!!

Junebug
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Before becoming an actress, Cybill was a popular model for the women/fashion magazines of her time. Her distinguishing feature was said to be her eyes with their 'inch-long eyelashes.'

And maybe she did teach or introduce something to Elvis. <cough, cough> But in relaying that information, she let the world know what 'activities' SHE had engaged in prior to meeting Elvis. :supriced: :supriced: :supriced:

Bogdanovich anyone???

;)