PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley-Scene from Live a Little,Love a Little

john carpenter
08-18-2009, 02:08 PM
YouTube - Elvis Presley - Scene from "Liva A Little, Love A Little", MGM 1968 :lmfao::lmfao:Elvis has my kind of luck in this scene.:lmfao::king:

TotallyInsane
08-18-2009, 02:23 PM
I think I need to watch this movie tonight!! I love this movie - he looks so very nice!!!!

midnight
08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I think I need to watch this movie tonight!! I love this movie - he looks so very nice!!!!

I love the shower scene!! I keep trying to look through the shower stall to get a better view!!:lol:

john carpenter
08-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I love the shower scene!! I keep trying to look through the shower stall to get a better view!!:lol::lmfao::lmfao:Kim:supriced:

TotallyInsane
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I love the shower scene!! I keep trying to look through the shower stall to get a better view!!:lol:

Along with every other female that watches this movie.

midnight
08-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Go check my profile page.....David left me a gift! Enjoy!(y)

TotallyInsane
08-18-2009, 03:10 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh david - where are you? where's my gift???????? i need one too!!!!!

TotallyInsane
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
David,
I also like the last scene at the beach where he is KISSSIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG her.....oh la la la that scene is just too sexy for me to watch!!!! hint hint

midnight
08-18-2009, 03:26 PM
David,
I also like the last scene at the beach where he is KISSSIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG her.....oh la la la that scene is just too sexy for me to watch!!!! hint hint

I love that too Gail and the wind is blowing in his hair! My oh my......

The King's Queen
08-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Luvvvv it!!!!! :notworthy(y)

The King's Queen
08-18-2009, 03:32 PM

:clap::clap::wiggle::clap:

David,

:clap::wiggle::peace::sun:

GIORGIA
08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Me too;):D:blush:!

GIORGIA
08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
YouTube - Elvis Presley - Scene from "Liva A Little, Love A Little", MGM 1968 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVTjVcoN2o) :lmfao::lmfao:Elvis has my kind of luck in this scene.:lmfao::king:
Thank you David!For this Beautiful Scene!This Movie is So Beautiful!

GIORGIA
08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
David,
Me too;):D:blush:!
So Hooooooooooooooooooooot:blush:!

GIORGIA
08-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Thank you Midnight!
I see!So Hooooooooooooooooooooooooot:blush::blush::blush::b lush:!
Lucky Her!
I'm So Envy!

kathy parkinson
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Go check my profile page.....David left me a gift! Enjoy!(y) :Pwhoooooooo,:P:P:P:P:P

midnight
08-18-2009, 04:04 PM
:Pwhoooooooo,:P:P:P:P:P

Boy I bet I will get lots of visitors to my Profile Page now!:lmfao::lmfao:
I am happy to share it with you! But I will not be held responsible for any serious physical reactions you may encounter after watching this video. :lol:
Enjoy....Kim

U.S. Male
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Bernice is HOT!!! :jawdrop:

midnight
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Bernice is HOT!!! :jawdrop:

Phew. I had to read that again U.S. Male. I thought you said "Brutus is hot".:blush::lol:

kathy parkinson
08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Phew. I had to read that again U.S. Male. I thought you said "Brutus is hot".:blush::lol: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao:

debtdbruno
08-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I love this movie, he looks so hot, it has me in stitches it's so funny. You can feel the frustration eminating from him.
One of the highlights......chucking the board through the window..........'come er' woman'

Oh Yes please!!!!!!

jeanelvisgirl
08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
JC...is that lady like your ex landlady?????
pmsl

GIORGIA
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Yes:D:D:D:D!

Donut
08-18-2009, 06:46 PM

I was one of them :blush:

Donut
08-18-2009, 07:05 PM

I would never do that! Don't waste you time, he is wearing dark red shorts :blush:

GIORGIA
08-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Me too:D(y)!

john carpenter
08-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I would never do that! Don't waste you time, he is wearing dark red shorts :blush::lmfao::lmfao:Donut you looked real hard to see that huh? ;)

Lisarose
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by midnight
Boy I bet I will get lots of visitors to my Profile Page now!

I visited, too!
And I'd also like it posted on my page, :blush::flowers:

Donut
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
:lmfao::lmfao:Donut you looked real hard to see that huh? ;)

Me???? :supriced: Yes! :lol:

Donut
08-18-2009, 07:20 PM
I visited, too!
And I'd also like it posted on my page, :blush::flowers:

That's great! I'm going to visit yours and midnight page daily :lol:

Diane
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM

No female in their right minds wouldn't do the same.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

KPM
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
I know this film is kind of odd-but I have always liked it-a late 60s screwball comedy with the dream sequence song-crazy.

Raised on Rock
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Not so many people pays attention to this flick, I actually consider it one of his 60's best along with Wild in The Country. Seems that after hitting bottom with Clambake, producers started to gave his some much better scripts (Stay away, Live a Little, Charro, Trouble and Change of Habit), ok still no oscar winers, but definitively superior from the worn out travelogues post '65 wonder. The fact that Elvis was in better mood, and again slim and taking care of his looks and giving some kind of effort make them welcome on my DVD collection.

Now about Live a Little, the fact that is kind of different from the Presley movie formula (the one that was acceptable until '64 with Roustabout and Girl Happy and should not have gonne further), while still a musical comedy, there is something about it that makes it a good vehicle for Elvis to show off his comedy skills without being uncomfortable clownish but looking cool and intense. The fact that this movie was released at a time in which audiences both fans or non, where sick of Presley movies because of the reputation they got, made it subject of total apathy, but it was actually a good one, "A Little Less Conversation" song included.

Anyway this is just to say I like this movie, Elvis did a good job on it, and although it might not be an Elvis classic, as same as Wild in The Country, got underrated for a number of reasons, and both should be rank much higher among Elvis filmography and as something apart from the formula travelogues.

Thanks for sharing the scene, love the stairs scene view, if you know what I mean.

STUD
08-19-2009, 01:47 AM
This is probably my 5th or 6th favorite Elvis film. I agree it is underrated. The "Edge Of Reality" sequence is classic.

To all the male fans on this site, I actually thought Michele Carey was kinda foxy. One of his better looking co-stars. What do you think?

STUD
08-19-2009, 01:51 AM
hitting bottom with Clambake

I beg to differ. I actually thought Clambake had one of the best storylines of his campy '60s movies. Also a good soundtrack.

Raised on Rock
08-19-2009, 03:44 AM
I beg to differ. I actually thought Clambake had one of the best storylines of his campy '60s movies. Also a good soundtrack.

Yet Elvis looks fat, unkempt, bored and boring to dead, but most of all, whatever the story line was, he is dead stiff, like if he was disgusted or embarrassed on every scene, and he was.

Some people say the scene where he sang "The Girl I Ever Love" is the only passable scene, I totally think he overacted there. He did much better on Speedway, and by the end of '67, Stay Away Joe, he was once again in his usual sexy, fun, and good looking self, no matter how much they sanitized and ruined the original script of it.

Scripts apart, in Live a Little Love a Little, I think he totally delivers the character he plays, in Clambake, his delivery is clumsy, to be polite.

Personally Im hardly ever playing the Clambake soundtrack, apart from the great bonus tracks, that I do hear often on other Nashville related Cd's, I can see no meat on it, and is full of embarrassing moments: Clambake? Confidence? Who Needs Money? (although I do).

Apart form Wonderful World and the fact that Live a Little has only 4 songs, Edge, Almost and Little Less Conversation are his stronger soundtrack material since quite a while, maybe as far as Roustabout.

Raised on Rock
08-19-2009, 03:51 AM
This is probably my 5th or 6th favorite Elvis film. I agree it is underrated. The "Edge Of Reality" sequence is classic.

To all the male fans on this site, I actually thought Michele Carey was kinda foxy. One of his better looking co-stars. What do you think?

Michele Carey, oh I do totally agree with you on that.

david72
08-19-2009, 04:02 AM
this is also one of my favorite elvis movies I enjoy the all the songs in the movie and I think Michele Carey was a great costar.

Junebug
08-19-2009, 04:46 AM

Sorry....I haven't made it to your profile page yet!!!

I can't tear myself away from staring at the photo of Elvis in GIORGIA's signature!!! :lol:

Day-um!!!

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm..............

(y) (y) (y)

STUD
08-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Yet Elvis looks fat, unkempt, bored and boring to dead, but most of all, whatever the story line was, he is dead stiff, like if he was disgusted or embarrassed on every scene, and he was.

Some people say the scene where he sang "The Girl I Ever Love" is the only passable scene, I totally think he overacted there. He did much better on Speedway, and by the end of '67, Stay Away Joe, he was once again in his usual sexy, fun, and good looking self, no matter how much they sanitized and ruined the original script of it.

Scripts apart, in Live a Little Love a Little, I think he totally delivers the character he plays, in Clambake, his delivery is clumsy, to be polite.

Personally Im hardly ever playing the Clambake soundtrack, apart from the great bonus tracks, that I do hear often on other Nashville related Cd's, I can see no meat on it, and is full of embarrassing moments: Clambake? Confidence? Who Needs Money? (although I do).

Apart form Wonderful World and the fact that Live a Little has only 4 songs, Edge, Almost and Little Less Conversation are his stronger soundtrack material since quite a while, maybe as far as Roustabout.

I actually thought Elvis acted well in Clambake. He seems more like a normal everyday person and not the typical silly happy-go-lucky playboy that he usually played in the '60s. His seriousness might be a reflection of the boredom he was feeling from his roles, but it worked out well for the part he played, which was a rich, but unfulfilled and moody young man trying to find an identity of his own. I do notice he was slightly overweight, but like I said, he seemed more normal, and not the dreamboat we are always used to seeing. It's like we got to see another side of him.

Most fans criticize his movie soundtracks. I actually like most of them and I think they reflect Elvis' musical versatility. He could sing a kiddie song like Confidence and make it fun. He could sing a very pretty Hawaiian song. He could sing in Spanish and it was beautiful. The movies gave Elvis opportunities to sing all kinds of music. Most of Elvis' movie songs were novelties, but novelties can be fun to listen and sing along to. They also featured some rockers and ballads that could've qualified as typical Elvis non-movie hits, like Shoppin' Around, Follow That Dream, Can't Help Falling In Love, Return To Sender, A Little Less Conversation, etc. Yes, he may have had some embarrassments, like Old MacDonald, the Easy Come Easy Go soundtrack, and perhaps Confidence (though I like to sing that when someone starts talking about having more confidence), but depending on your perspective, they can be fun to listen to, and of course, Elvis' voice makes up for most imperfections.

Raised on Rock
08-19-2009, 05:05 AM
The movies gave Elvis opportunities to sing all kinds of music.

I'm not against the movies, neither the soundtracks until '64. Elvis ought to have ended with them all after Roustabout, and then they could have probed to be a nice property for him for that period, then he should have go back to serious music recording and touring, and YES keep it up with the movies, but as something separate from his music, trying out dramatic roles like Wild in The Country, or even some comedy bits like Stay Away, as the none musical that was intended to be but never was. That, that might have gave Elvis the opportunities to develop much more as both a singer and an actor.

But anyhow, live is what it is, and yes, there are some good moments and good tracks after '64 (where to me hollywood golden era for Elvis ends). And I can kind of get what you said about Elvis acting in Clambake, its interesting, was he that worn out of the business? or he was just playing and very well a bored and frustrated dude. Cause, as you said: rich, but unfulfilled and moody young man trying to find an identity of his own, is exactly what Elvis was in '67.

mistymorning
08-19-2009, 07:13 AM

You are not alone doing this !!!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Merry
08-19-2009, 07:43 AM
I liked the shower scene, lol.

Plus the bed scene, throwing out the divider, that was fun :D

The King's Queen
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I am happy to share it with you! But I will not be held responsible for any serious physical reactions you may encounter after watching this video. :lol:
Enjoy....Kim

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

john carpenter
08-19-2009, 02:40 PM

To all the male fans on this site, I actually thought Michele Carey was kinda foxy. One of his better looking co-stars. What do you think? OOOH yeah..she was a stone cold Fox. Wonder what she looks like now?:hmm::lmfao:Hint...remember my post of Liz Scott?:lmfao::doh:

GIORGIA
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Me too:D!
The Elvis Smile is So Beautiful!

GIORGIA
08-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Not so many people pays attention to this flick, I actually consider it one of his 60's best along with Wild in The Country. Seems that after hitting bottom with Clambake, producers started to gave his some much better scripts (Stay away, Live a Little, Charro, Trouble and Change of Habit), ok still no oscar winers, but definitively superior from the worn out travelogues post '65 wonder. The fact that Elvis was in better mood, and again slim and taking care of his looks and giving some kind of effort make them welcome on my DVD collection.

Now about Live a Little, the fact that is kind of different from the Presley movie formula (the one that was acceptable until '64 with Roustabout and Girl Happy and should not have gonne further), while still a musical comedy, there is something about it that makes it a good vehicle for Elvis to show off his comedy skills without being uncomfortable clownish but looking cool and intense. The fact that this movie was released at a time in which audiences both fans or non, where sick of Presley movies because of the reputation they got, made it subject of total apathy, but it was actually a good one, "A Little Less Conversation" song included.

Anyway this is just to say I like this movie, Elvis did a good job on it, and although it might not be an Elvis classic, as same as Wild in The Country, got underrated for a number of reasons, and both should be rank much higher among Elvis filmography and as something apart from the formula travelogues.

Thanks for sharing the scene, love the stairs scene view, if you know what I mean.
I totally agree with you!

GIORGIA
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm not against the movies, neither the soundtracks until '64. Elvis ought to have ended with them all after Roustabout, and then they could have probed to be a nice property for him for that period, then he should have go back to serious music recording and touring, and YES keep it up with the movies, but as something separate from his music, trying out dramatic roles like Wild in The Country, or even some comedy bits like Stay Away, as the none musical that was intended to be but never was. That, that might have gave Elvis the opportunities to develop much more as both a singer and an actor.

But anyhow, live is what it is, and yes, there are some good moments and good tracks after '64 (where to me hollywood golden era for Elvis ends). And I can kind of get what you said about Elvis acting in Clambake, its interesting, was he that worn out of the business? or he was just playing and very well a bored and frustrated dude. Cause, as you said: rich, but unfulfilled and moody young man trying to find an identity of his own, is exactly what Elvis was in '67.
I again totally agree with you!

Nicole Presley
08-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Sorry to have to tell you this, but: HE`S NOT NAKED!!! :'(
I hoped he would be. When I first bought the movie I pressed the pause button at that scene and was starring at him for a long time. Until I could see throught the shower. And then I noticed heŽs not naked. HeŽs wearinŽ red underpants. Sorry. I wish he wouldnŽt.

Nicole Presley
08-19-2009, 09:17 PM
David,
IŽll try to find out what youŽre talkinŽ about. I have got an idea. IŽll watch that scene right now! Thanks for the hint. :D

Angeline69
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I love the shower and the beach scenes too :wub::wub:

Angeline69
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Phew. I had to read that again U.S. Male. I thought you said "Brutus is hot".:blush::lol:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

LISY
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM

yep me too......and the beach kiss!! sigh...
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r404/lisy028/movie28lallal2-2.jpg

mistymorning
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Sorry to have to tell you this, but: HE`S NOT NAKED!!! :'(
I hoped he would be. When I first bought the movie I pressed the pause button at that scene and was starring at him for a long time. Until I could see throught the shower. And then I noticed heŽs not naked. HeŽs wearinŽ red underpants. Sorry. I wish he wouldnŽt.

Thanks for info ! I should see this part again more carefully !(y)

Unchained Melody
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM

I love it aswell, one of my favorites!

GIORGIA
08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
yep me too......and the beach kiss!! sigh...
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r404/lisy028/movie28lallal2-2.jpg
Me too!
Beautiful Pic!
Lucky her:blush:!

WaterMermaid
08-22-2009, 01:05 AM

I SO agree!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: