PDA

View Full Version : Weather Causes Damage At Graceland!

presley31
08-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Last night just after 7, the sky over Graceland got very dark, the winds begun to whip, and the rain fell.

Guests visiting Elvis' grave were asked to evacuate the property but refused. EPE employees exclusively told Elvis Unlimited that it took 15 minutes to get guests to leave the property ( for their own safety) due to the weather conditions. Staff also said, " The fans are passionate. They really love Elvis! And despite the weather, they wanted to stay."

And hats off to the Graceland staff for wanting the fans to come down from the hill until the storm ended. The Graceland staff put safety first. And from the picture shown, you can see why they were so concerned for tourists. A tree on the front lawn fell down during the storm. It fell and broke the original white wooden fence which has been at Graceland while Elvis lived there. I am sure Graceland will have this tree cleaned up and the lawn looking as beautiful as ever ASAP! Luckily no one was hurt not even a squirrel!

source: www.elvisunlimited.com / www.epgold.com

Pacerstar
08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I am glad there was no injuries and no further damage. I know, if I had been there, I'd
have hated to have to leave.

Awickedreigndrop
08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh wow. It seems like Memphis gets violent storms like we do here. I'm glad that no one got harmed.

franny
08-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Wow! We had really bad rainstorms here on Sunday.

I'm happy nobody was injured.

franny

Diane
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm glad it was only one tree and no one was hurt. The fence can be repaired easily.

Diane

presley31
08-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Wow! We had really bad rainstorms here on Sunday.

I'm happy nobody was injured.

franny

Here in peterborough l didn't get anything except a few booms and rain..Felt so left out :lol::lol::lol:

Really glad that nobody got hurt(y)(y)

Polk-Salad-Annie
08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm also happy nobody was injured.
The fence can be repaired and they can plant a new tree.

Broussey
08-21-2009, 08:31 PM
They Need to put Graceland in a huge bubble so nothing else get damaged ....

P.S one could wish right!!! lol

cbg84
08-23-2009, 08:40 AM
From what I saw it must have been mixed quickly. I was just there a couple days ago and didn't see any damage.

john carpenter
08-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Thank god no one was hurt. And i'm surprised the many years Graceland has been there (70years) that not even a tree has fell on the Mansion.

Polk-Salad-Annie
08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
And i'm surprised the many years Graceland has been there (70years) that not even a tree has fell on the Mansion.
I could happen, there is a first time for eveything.
But let's hope that it will never happen.