PDA

View Full Version : Black Angels In Vegas

The Welz
07-19-2009, 07:05 AM
I just received my copy of BLACK ANGELS IN VEGAS. It is an upgrade of the old Rock Legends release NIGHT FEVER IN VEGAS containing the Midnight Show of 30th August 1974.

The new release comes from VENUS PRODUCTIONS and what you get is basically a hardcover book with 84 pages. It contains information about the year 1974 in general, about the ELVIS SUMMER FESTIVAL, the Karate topic and of cause the show itself. The text is written with quite some humor and little hints of whats going on in todays import scene. Besides that many (to me) unknown pictures are shown.

The soundboard recording itself sounds a lot better than on the first release. The sound is more fresh, has more punch and you are able to hear a lot more details.

Besides that the show itself is very entertaining and contains a lot of gems like IF YOU TALK IN YOUR SLEEP, HELP ME, ITS MIDNIGHT, BIG BOSS MAN, AN AMERICAN TRILOGY, HOW GREAT THOU ART and many more.

(y):D(y)

my boy
07-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I've got this on the Rock Legends release but have also ordered a copy of the new upgrade. Your comments are very interesting can you tell me if there are any pics of the tan leather suit – known as the wine glass suit in the book (pictured left).

Plus is the sound really that much better? The Rock Legends release had great sound and if there is a further improvement, I'm in for a real treat!

Cheers,

My boy (y)

The Welz
07-19-2009, 08:10 AM
The sound really has been improved. A lot more details (for example the violins on SUSPICIOUS MINDS or during the intro of FEVER) and a lot more punch (for example IF YOU TALK IN YOUR SLEEP or BIG BOSS MAN).

In the book you can find three pictures from the actual show. They are not in the greatest quality, but it is written that the producers did not have any other pics from this concert. So the others are from different concerts from the ELVIS SUMMER FESTIVAL and from other concerts of 1974.

my boy
07-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks buddy,sounds like a great release from a very captivating period of the King's life.(y)

my boy
07-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Can someone post some pics from the booklet?

Cheers,

My boy

debtdbruno
07-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Waiting for mine, looking forward to this

Deb

my boy
07-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Just got it today and the book is fantastic–the show has great sound–one of best import upgrades ever!!

Nineteen seventy four was an awesome year for Elvis one way or another!

The Welz
07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
..hopefully the label will continue. (y)

blackdiamond
08-16-2009, 04:01 PM
thank you very much! i was already interesed in this new release, but your writing helped me to order it! :)

moody-blues67
08-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Where can i order this from ?

moody-blues67
08-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I really want this one !!!!!!!!!! :'(:'(:'(