PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Elvis...

EPforever
07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
There's got to be a few souls out there fortunate enough to have had the pleasure of meeting the real Elvis Presley! Tell me your story of The King, whether you actually met him or not! It may have been a silken scarf given at a concert, an autographed photo of The King, or some other item as well. I'll be waiting for your stories! :king:

cibetty
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I've already wanted to start a thread like this!! (y) (y) (y) I'd like to read the stories from those, who saw him in person. I'm sure there are a few members on this site, who had a chance to see him live.

debtdbruno
07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Looking forward to this

EnigmaticSun
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Come on ladies, show some courage and share your memories of the king. It's probably hard to explain the full extent of watching and hearing Elvis live - he had the musical magnitude of a sumo-wrestler, reminiscent of a giant and of mythological or Biblical figures such as Hercules or Samson - thought soft-hearted and somewhat shy to the outside world.

It's about time those ladies speak out. It's impossible to replace records by actual besweated handkerchiefs.. :'(

Pacerstar
07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
There's got to be a few souls out there fortunate enough to have had the pleasure of meeting the real Elvis Presley! Tell me your story of The King, whether you actually met him or not! It may have been a silken scarf given at a concert, an autographed photo of The King, or some other item as well. I'll be waiting for your stories! :king:

Remember, you asked for it!:D
It was October, l963, and my family was on the highway, headed south from
Ohio to Knoxville, Tennessee for our vacation. My husband was driving and my
five year old son was riding in the front seat with him. My daughter was about
fifteen months old and she was making the trip in a car bed strapped into the back seat and resting on luggage piled into the floor between the back seat and the back of the front seat. In those days, car beds for infants were a far cry from today's models!

The interstate was not done down through southern Ky and northern Tn then and on those old highways, you could be stopped in traffic for an eternity in the little farm towns outside of Knoxville, especially on a Saturday. This is what was happening to us at that time. We were stopped at a traffic light in a farm town north of Knoxville. I was on my knees in the floor of the car between the back seat and the front seat, looking out the side rear window of the car. I had just changed my daughter's diaper and she was lying down in her car bed, not visible to anyone outside the car. Some movement caught my eye and I noticed a young man coming out of one of the store fronts to my right. What a vision he was! He was immaculately groomed, his blue/black hair
glistening, and every strand comed neatly into place. His face was so gorgeous!
He was wearing a red blazer jacket and white slacks. I swear, there was a glow all about him. He was so out of place in that little country town! There was only one little boy wearing bibbed overhauls and leaning against the store window on the street other than the long line of cars waiting for the green light. My gaze was transfixed on the vision I was beholding! He was fiddling with some small package in his hands. Thinking back, I think it might have been a pack of chewing gum he was opening. He saw me looking at him
and he continued to fiddle with the package and walked toward the curb. When he reached it, he stood on the curb's edge, still looking down and
fussing with the package in his hands. Now, imagine you are him, and you see this crazy lady staring at you from the back car window. She was on her
knees in the floor of the car between the front and back seats for no reason
apparent to you. What would have gone through your mind! About this time, the words, "Elvis Presley" were reverberating around my brain! And I wa asking
myself, "what would he be doing in east Tennessee in a little farm town?" This argument continued as I stared at him. My brain knew it was him; but, I kept asking that question. Finally, my brain won out and I was about to scream, "Elvis!" when the traffic began to move and our car moved with it. knew my husband wouldn't believe me and even, if he did, he would not have stopped if it had been our Lord standing on that curb. So, I said nothing.

We arrived at my in-laws and had our dinner and we had gotten through with
all the howdies and family talk. My mother-in-law said to me, "you should
have been here yesterday.!" I asked, "why?" an she said, "Elvis Presley and
some girls were downtown to advertise a movie they are making up in the
Smokey Mountains." Well, that answered my question about what Elvis would be doing in a small country town in east Tennessee that day.

I remembered after traffic started moving, the young, gorgeous vision of a man, stepped off the curb and got into what I took to be a little, white Thunderbird car and drove off going the opposite direction from us. He was
absolutely all by himself! If he had an entourage with him, they stayed well
out of sight. And no one else seemed to notice what I had witnessed.

debtdbruno
07-09-2009, 11:14 PM
One word..............WOW!!!!!!!

WaterMermaid
07-09-2009, 11:22 PM
WOW is right!!! So is AWESOME!!!!!(y)(y)

I'LLRememberYou
07-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Wonderful story Pacerstar, thank you for sharing it . I can just imagine how gorgeous he must have looked ! (y)(y)(y) :wub:

Luana.

beckelvis
07-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Remember, you asked for it!:D
It was October, l963, and my family was on the highway, headed south from
Ohio to Knoxville, Tennessee for our vacation. My husband was driving and my
five year old son was riding in the front seat with him. My daughter was about
fifteen months old and she was making the trip in a car bed strapped into the back seat and resting on luggage piled into the floor between the back seat and the back of the front seat. In those days, car beds for infants were a far cry from today's models!

The interstate was not done down through southern Ky and northern Tn then and on those old highways, you could be stopped in traffic for an eternity in the little farm towns outside of Knoxville, especially on a Saturday. This is what was happening to us at that time. We were stopped at a traffic light in a farm town north of Knoxville. I was on my knees in the floor of the car between the back seat and the front seat, looking out the side rear window of the car. I had just changed my daughter's diaper and she was lying down in her car bed, not visible to anyone outside the car. Some movement caught my eye and I noticed a young man coming out of one of the store fronts to my right. What a vision he was! He was immaculately groomed, his blue/black hair
glistening, and every strand comed neatly into place. His face was so gorgeous!
He was wearing a red blazer jacket and white slacks. I swear, there was a glow all about him. He was so out of place in that little country town! There was only one little boy wearing bibbed overhauls and leaning against the store window on the street other than the long line of cars waiting for the green light. My gaze was transfixed on the vision I was beholding! He was fiddling with some small package in his hands. Thinking back, I think it might have been a pack of chewing gum he was opening. He saw me looking at him
and he continued to fiddle with the package and walked toward the curb. When he reached it, he stood on the curb's edge, still looking down and
fussing with the package in his hands. Now, imagine you are him, and you see this crazy lady staring at you from the back car window. She was on her
knees in the floor of the car between the front and back seats for no reason
apparent to you. What would have gone through your mind! About this time, the words, "Elvis Presley" were reverberating around my brain! And I wa asking
myself, "what would he be doing in east Tennessee in a little farm town?" This argument continued as I stared at him. My brain knew it was him; but, I kept asking that question. Finally, my brain won out and I was about to scream, "Elvis!" when the traffic began to move and our car moved with it. knew my husband wouldn't believe me and even, if he did, he would not have stopped if it had been our Lord standing on that curb. So, I said nothing.

We arrived at my in-laws and had our dinner and we had gotten through with
all the howdies and family talk. My mother-in-law said to me, "you should
have been here yesterday.!" I asked, "why?" an she said, "Elvis Presley and
some girls were downtown to advertise a movie they are making up in the
Smokey Mountains." Well, that answered my question about what Elvis would be doing in a small country town in east Tennessee that day.

I remembered after traffic started moving, the young, gorgeous vision of a man, stepped off the curb and got into what I took to be a little, white Thunderbird car and drove off going the opposite direction from us. He was
absolutely all by himself! If he had an entourage with him, they stayed well
out of sight. And no one else seemed to notice what I had witnessed.
WOW IMPRESSIVE THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE(y)(y)