There were admission tickets for these dates also:

Sept 16 Indiana State Univ
Sept 20 Huntington W VA Civic Center
Sept 22 Huntington W VA Civic center
Sept 26 Indiana State Univ
Sept 28 Savanah Civic Center

Do we know of more dates im October?

WOW!!! :supriced:

I had never seen these dates before....I have only ever seen the information on the August '77 tour. That would be quite interesting to see if there were any other dates being planned for the rest of the year, albeit even if they were just tour stops in the works and not officially confirmed!!! :hmm:

The only other date from 1977 I have heard about is the rumored New Year's Eve show at the new Kingdome in Seattle on 12/31/77, where he was supposed to wear the Laser jumpsuit... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Polk-Salad-Annie
06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I have heard about the dates for the concerts in August.
But the concert dates for September are new to me.

mozzarella
06-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah, the September dates are totally new to me as well... and it's quite interesting that he could have had some days of rest between shows this time. They should have done that before I think.

rickb
06-21-2009, 03:06 AM
October he was due to open a new wing in the Las Vegas Hilton
The treadmill was still running

Tony Trout
06-21-2009, 08:39 AM
There were admission tickets for these dates also:

Sept 16 Indiana State Univ
Sept 20 Huntington W VA Civic Center
Sept 22 Huntington W VA Civic center
Sept 26 Indiana State Univ
Sept 28 Savanah Civic Center

Do we know of more dates im October?

Source, please? As far as I've read there were NO MORE DATES SCHEDULED after the August tour that never took place. Tours for Elvis were never (at least to my knowledge) booked that far in advance.

Brian
06-21-2009, 08:45 AM
October he was due to open a new wing in the Las Vegas Hilton
The treadmill was still running

speaking of Las Vegas again was that engagement suppose to be for 2 weeks or 4 weeks?

Billy Budd
06-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Source: I have an original (with watermark) ticket for the September 16 show. I also have seen pictures of tickets for the other shows. Also with watermarks.

Tony Trout
06-21-2009, 02:53 PM
speaking of Las Vegas again was that engagement suppose to be for 2 weeks or 4 weeks?

I think it was for two weeks. Considering Elvis's health, I think Parker and the Hilton had re-negotiated the performance schedule.

Of course, I could be wrong. ;)

Jungleroom76
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I think it was for two weeks. Considering Elvis's health, I think Parker and the Hilton had re-negotiated the performance schedule.

Of course, I could be wrong. ;)

I have a hard time believing that The Colonel re-negotiated for a shorter contract considering his enormous greed!!! :angry:

It would seem more likely to me that the Hilton probably only wanted to commit to Elvis for a shorter duration of time per engagement due to his health issues and increasingly erratic performances. :hmm:

But of course, I could be wrong too Tony... ;)

TCB!
Mike

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
It would seem more likely to me that the Hilton probably only wanted to commit to Elvis for a shorter duration of time per engagement due to his health issues and increasingly erratic performances. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

I'm going with that theory also Mighty.:blush::blink::blush:

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Source: I have an original (with watermark) ticket for the September 16 show. I also have seen pictures of tickets for the other shows. Also with watermarks.

Would it be possible for you to scan the ticket so that we can all see it?:hmm:

Brian
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I have a hard time believing that The Colonel re-negotiated for a shorter contract considering his enormous greed!!! :angry:

TCB!
Mike

In the last couple of years Elvis was only peforming 2 weeks instead of the 4 weeks he was performing in the first few years so it seems likely the new engagement would've been for only 2 weeks.

Getlo
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
This has been discussed before.

Only the August tour was booked prior to Elvis' death.

The September tour info is a furphy. Matters aren't helped any by the fact that there are plenty of faked September tickets out there.

And there are people who swear blind they booked the September tickets themselves.

Billy Budd
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
There were made/printed admission tickets for the shows in September. Therefore the dates are so different compared to the other tours. Simply because not all contracts were made at the time - as far as i know.

utmom2008
06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
There were made/printed admiddsion tickets for the shows in September. Therefore the dates are so different compared to the other tours. Simply because not all contracts were made at the time - as far as i know.

Again....how about giving us a look at it?:doh:

Tony Trout
06-22-2009, 07:25 PM
There were made/printed admiddsion tickets for the shows in September. Therefore the dates are so different compared to the other tours. Simply because not all contracts were made at the time - as far as i know.

Again....how about giving us a look at it?:doh:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen....

Billy Budd
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Okay, i will upload a picture on these forums shortly.

Billy Budd
06-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Well - have a look and make your own opinion:

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=86002&catid=newimages

Tony Trout
06-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Well - have a look and make your own opinion:

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=86002&catid=newimages

The ticket looks genuine but....looks can also be decieving...I'll go back to my original statement that Elvis's tours were never planned months in advance of each other.

"Elvis: Encore Performance III" (page 74) bears this out because there is a letter/list with the cancelled concert dates listed and at the bottom it clearly states:

"This is the only schedule we have at present since RCA Tours does book each tour individually and we get rather last minute notice. There is nothing scheduled for Tahoe nor nothing definite yet for Las Vegas."

So...no one really knows, except the promoters (RCA Record Tours/Concerts West) as to whether a Sept. or even October tour was planned for Elvis.

Getlo
06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
"Elvis: Encore Performance III[/B]" (page 74) bears this out because there is a letter/list with the cancelled concert dates listed and at the bottom it clearly states:

[I][B]"This is the only schedule we have at present since RCA Tours does book each tour individually and we get rather last minute notice. There is nothing scheduled for Tahoe nor nothing definite yet for Las Vegas."

And that's good enough for me. The September tour, as I said, is a furphy.