PDA

View Full Version : Elvis and Jesse ?

elvia7
06-01-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.tcb-world.com/picture.php?albumid=269&pictureid=12059

GraceeD1970
06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
It's hard to imagine if Jesse had lived. There could only be one Elvis and for Jesse to have lived in his brothers shadow probably would have been hard. Hard to imagine there being 2 men who looked alike, etc., yet one was the famous one. They say Jesse and Elvis were indentical twins . . . how do they really know this though? They didn't have tests back in those days. All fraternal babies of the same sex can look alike but not be identical.

elvislady
06-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Beautiful drawing ewa!

Gracee.

Identical twins develop when a fertilized egg splits. Depending on when the split occurs will determine if the twins share a placenta, with either one or two chorions and amnions, or if they each develop their own placentas. In general, the later the spit occurs, the more likely that the twins will share one placenta. i am a twin and me and my sister shared a placenta when you are born so is your placenta so they know how many there are and in gladys case she must have only had one.

elvislady:D

Diane
06-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Great drawing Evi....if only.....

Diane

rhythmknights
06-01-2009, 05:23 PM
my uncles are identical twins, one is very serious and the other is not, wonder if Elvis would have been the jokster & Jesse the studious one? and if Elvis had his beloved twin, would he have wanted all the 'boys' too?

Dovey
06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Beautiful Drawings Ewa!! (y)(y) Dovey

elvia7
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
It's hard to imagine if Jesse had lived. There could only be one Elvis and for Jesse to have lived in his brothers shadow probably would have been hard. Hard to imagine there being 2 men who looked alike, etc., yet one was the famous one. They say Jesse and Elvis were indentical twins . . . how do they really know this though? They didn't have tests back in those days. All fraternal babies of the same sex can look alike but not be identical.

You have right, my friend .
I was have Twinsiste (Identical)
She past away in 2004 !!!!
She took half my World with Her ...
I make this modified photo for ELVIS
and my own..
Thank You for comment!:notworthy:notworthy

elvia7
06-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Beautiful drawing ewa!

Gracee.

Identical twins develop when a fertilized egg splits. Depending on when the split occurs will determine if the twins share a placenta, with either one or two chorions and amnions, or if they each develop their own placentas. In general, the later the spit occurs, the more likely that the twins will share one placenta. i am a twin and me and my sister shared a placenta when you are born so is your placenta so they know how many there are and in gladys case she must have only had one.

elvislady:D

Thank you DEAREST friend - I'm with my (Lost in 2004) Margo :'(
TWIN!!!
http://www.tcb-world.com/picture.php?albumid=259&pictureid=11856

Huuuugs :hug::hug:
Evi

elvia7
06-01-2009, 06:18 PM
my uncles are identical twins, one is very serious and the other is not, wonder if Elvis would have been the jokster & Jesse the studious one? and if Elvis had his beloved twin, would he have wanted all the 'boys' too?

THANK you FRIEND -
- like my BELOVED Margo:'( and I
http://www.tcb-world.com/picture.php?albumid=259&pictureid=11856:notworthy

elvia7
06-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Beautiful Drawings Ewa!! (y)(y) Dovey

Thank YOU my DEAREST !!!!!
In name my Poor MARGO ( twinn!!!!)
http://www.tcb-world.com/picture.php?albumid=259&pictureid=11856

rhythmknights
06-01-2009, 06:20 PM
so sorry for your loss! beautiful photo!

elvia7
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM
so sorry for your loss! beautiful photo!

Ohhh! Please don't be sorry Sara!!!
This is ive - cruel and ufair ( for our ELVIS...too)
Thank you DEAR for nice compliment:)
Huuuugs Evi:)

midnight
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
THANK you FRIEND -
- like my BELOVED Margo:'( and I
http://www.tcb-world.com/picture.php?albumid=259&pictureid=11856:notworthy

Beautiful picture of you and your sister. Life can be very cruel. I lost my only sibling 26 years ago tomorrow. I was 17 when he died and he was just 11 years old. He died of cancer. He lives with me everyday in my heart!:'(

Your picture is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

debtdbruno
06-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Lovely pic as always, sorry for your, and midnight's loss.

Deb

Merry
06-01-2009, 08:45 PM
You have right, my friend .
I was have Twinsiste (Identical)
She past away in 2004 !!!!
She took half my World with Her ...
I make this modified photo for ELVIS
and my own..
Thank You for comment!:notworthy:notworthy

:hug: :hug: :hug: :'(:'(:'(

:wub:

Merry
06-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Beautiful picture of you and your sister. Life can be very cruel. I lost my only sibling 26 years ago tomorrow. I was 17 when he died and he was just 11 years old. He died of cancer. He lives with me everyday in my heart!:'(

I'm so very sorry, Midnight.

elvia7
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :'(:'(:'(

:wub:

Kimmi, only you coul that write and in this way feel with
another Persn.... :'(
Only you!!!!!!!!!!!(y)(y)(y)
Thanks!!!:hug::hug:

elvia7
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Lovely pic as always, sorry for your, and midnight's loss.

Deb

It's OK!!!:notworthy:notworthy
:hug:Thank you for your compassion :hug::hug:

cibetty
06-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Wonderful work dear Evi!! (y) (y) (y) (y) I often wonder what Jessie would've been like and what if he stayed alive. :'( :'( :'( Your photo is wonderful, with your sister and your beautiful Elvis painting between you! She was a very pretty, lovely lady, like you. :'( :'( :'( I'm sure she will always stay in your heart. Huuuugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Betti XXXXXXXX

cibetty
06-02-2009, 07:55 AM

Your picture is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Ohh, you're right Kim, this illness is so cruel... He was so young. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I'm so sorry about your loss. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

elvia7
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Ohh, you're right Kim, this illness is so cruel... He was so young. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I'm so sorry about your loss. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BETTI, THANKS my FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!

elvia7
06-02-2009, 08:50 PM

Diane

Thank you DIANE - If only....

jean francois
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
wonderfull!!ewa fantastis work:hug:

midnight
06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Yes Betti, cancer is a terrible illness. Thank -you for being so kind. Thanks to ewa, Jess and debtdbruno for thinking about me.

Raised on Rock
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
So what if Jessy would have lived? Although its impossible to know how much things would have been different for Elvis, some interesting questions arise.

Definitively his relation with his mother would have been different, that could be said, in some degree might have changed a bit his personality as a grown up, hard to know how much would that have changed his ways to relate with people then, and so, how much his artistical directions might have been a bit different at certain points.

it hard to know what kid of guy Jesse would have been, to say he would have shared his brother musical talent it maybe going too far, so we will be more talking about how hard was for Jesse to live under his brother shadow. Its most likely that he would have ended working for Elvis just like Vernon, touring with him and so on, he could have took the role of Billy Smith during his last days, another member of the memphis mafia during the Hollywood Days, but the fact that he was his brother plus the issue of been an identical twin (if that was really the case), would have put Jessie always in an odd situation.

A situation that makes hard to know how much of a good influence could Jessie have been to Elvis, specially during his last days, in terms of could he have been the guy able to make Elvis to get clean and all that, or just in terms of at least making Elvis feel not so isolated during his life, or who knows, maybe he would have been after all, with all the issues of been second to his brother over him, just another leacher dragging Elvis down with his own problems.

beckelvis
06-03-2009, 10:56 AM
WOOHOOOO MY FRIEND IS REALLY REALLY AMAZING!!!!!!! :notworthy:notworthy

debtdbruno
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
So what if Jessy would have lived? Although its impossible to know how much things would have been different for Elvis, some interesting questions arise.

Definitively his relation with his mother would have been different, that could be said, in some degree might have changed a bit his personality as a grown up, hard to know how much would that have changed his ways to relate with people then, and so, how much his artistical directions might have been a bit different at certain points.

it hard to know what kid of guy Jesse would have been, to say he would have shared his brother musical talent it maybe going too far, so we will be more talking about how hard was for Jesse to live under his brother shadow. Its most likely that he would have ended working for Elvis just like Vernon, touring with him and so on, he could have took the role of Billy Smith during his last days, another member of the memphis mafia during the Hollywood Days, but the fact that he was his brother plus the issue of been an identical twin (if that was really the case), would have put Jessie always in an odd situation.

A situation that makes hard to know how much of a good influence could Jessie have been to Elvis, specially during his last days, in terms of could he have been the guy able to make Elvis to get clean and all that, or just in terms of at least making Elvis feel not so isolated during his life, or who knows, maybe he would have been after all, with all the issues of been second to his brother over him, just another leacher dragging Elvis down with his own problems.

Excellent points there.
I wonder if Elvis would have not been as spoilt and adored by his Mum if he'd had a brother there too??

Teddy
06-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Excellent points there.
I wonder if Elvis would have not been as spoilt and adored by his Mum if he'd had a brother there too??

I'm convinced that the nature of Elvis and Gladys's relationship was influenced mainly by what happened with Jesse.

debtdbruno
06-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree Teddy

Deb

Donut
06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Imagine there would be two like Elvis... :wub: maybe nephews too .... :wub:

elvia7
06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
wonderfull!!ewa fantastis work:hug:

Thank you (y):notworthyJean....:hug::hug:

elvia7
06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Excellent points there.

Yes, Eduardo...
"Its most likely that he would have ended working for Elvis just like Vernon, touring with him and so on, he could have took the role of Billy Smith during his last days"
You know why I think that, because my twin sister Margo (identicaly) absolutely can't draw or paint ...Life is sad...

elvia7
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by debtdbruno
Excellent points there.

I'm convinced that the nature of Elvis and Gladys's relationship was influenced mainly by what happened with Jesse.

I think that we both have right!!!
I know something about situation these childs ....

elvia7
06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Imagine there would be two like Elvis... :wub: maybe nephews too .... :wub:

I'm to fall into a reverie:notworthy Donut:notworthy

Raised on Rock
06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes, Eduardo...
"Its most likely that he would have ended working for Elvis just like Vernon, touring with him and so on, he could have took the role of Billy Smith during his last days"
You know why I think that, because my twin sister Margo (identicaly) absolutely can't draw or paint ...Life is sad...

And the fact that maybe Jesse did not share his brothers talent, could have made him quite a bitter man, this ending up in a guy with severe issues, and definitively not a helping hand for Elvis. On the other hand, not sharing his brother talent, could have made of him, the guy, that due to his brother income, when to university or started a wealthy business or whatever, the guy that made a life of his own, and the fact that he was the only guy really close to Elvis that did not depended on him, could have made of him a powerful good influence on Elvis at many different point of his life that obviously needed someone to make him feel more confident. The most needed slap in the head that Elvis never received lol.

Just wondering anyhow. As an only child as Elvis, I do understand that my life right know could bee very different (both in a positive and in a negative way) if I had a brother or a sister to share my childhood.

debtdbruno
06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I agree with you there. I am an only child too, and possibly you are closer to your Parents (mostly) as you don't 'share' them with siblings

Deb

Yada
06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
My husband has an identical twin brother. Totally different characters and boy, do they try to be different, as well!!! But they sound the same, they keep buying the same colour of tops or same brand of trainers even though they live in different countries and not so much in touch (no e-mails or regular phone calls except their common birthday). So, hard to say but I'd say, Jesse would have been different in personality or try to be, at least

debtdbruno
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
He would have tried his hardest to get out of his brothers shadow

elvia7
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
My husband has an identical twin brother. Totally different characters and boy, do they try to be different, as well!!! trainers even though they live in different countries and not so much in touch (no e-mails or regular phone calls except their common birthday). So, hard to say but I'd say, Jesse would have been different in personality or try to be, at least

My sister and I has an identical .Almost in everything ( sound - too) !!!
But she has diferrent charcter...

elvia7
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes, DEB - it's very harr to live ih shadow yourown brother or sister...

Yada
06-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Maybe Jesse would join Elvis, which is more likely when the media and the world realized how goodlooking the twin was, and form the band 'Presleys Bros.' or something :P

elvia7
06-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Maybe Jesse would join Elvis, which is more likely when the media and the world realized how goodlooking the twin was, and form the band 'Presleys Bros.' or something :P

Yes!!!!
Yes!!!!
This will be very attractive duet (y)(y:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Raised on Rock
06-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Or maybe the fact that Gladys and Vernon had to rise two kids instead of one into very limited circumstances economically talking, would have made impossible for Elvis to invest little time for music and develop his talent, and so, never walking into the Memphis Recording service to cut a demo, and so, no Rock and Roll King ever.

Ok to pessimistic, just checking all chances.

elvia7
06-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Or maybe the fact that Gladys and Vernon had to rise two kids instead of one into very limited circumstances economically talking, would have made impossible for Elvis to invest little time for music and develop his talent, and so, never walking into the Memphis Recording service to cut a demo, and so, no Rock and Roll King ever.

You have right, my FRIEND!(y)
I think about very similar... (y)Unfortunatiely the ELVIS parents was very
poor people. :notworthy:notworthy
They will not give two kids possibility of learning, and sure play on guitar...
And so, no Rock and Roll King ever.(n):notworthy

CarolineLovesElvis
06-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Great drawing!

debtdbruno
06-07-2009, 12:23 PM

Valid point

Deb

MissyM
06-07-2009, 01:02 PM
That's the thing though, Gladys and Vernon didn't invest in Elvis's talent. They may have bought him a guitar but he had no lessons. And he paid for his first record to be made. It just happened that he got attention for his talent. That talent pretty much was what paid off. Gladys and Vernon never tried to make him a star, never imagined him one, or pushed him into it.
And I think Gladys would have doted on both Jesse and Elvis. Yes, Gladys worried about Elvis, but he still had a lot of freedom because she wanted her boy to be happy.

elvia7
06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Great drawing!

Thank you Caroline!!!:sun:
I'm already your friend!(y)
I see your TRUTH LOVE for our ELVIS :notworthy:wub::hug:
http://www.tcb-world.com/picture.php?albumid=269&pictureid=8324
For YOU!!!!

elvia7
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Valid point

Deb

Yes!!!!!:'((y):'((y)

elvia7
06-07-2009, 03:16 PM
That's the thing though, Gladys and Vernon didn't invest in Elvis's talent. They may have bought him a guitar but he had no lessons. And he paid for his first record to be made. It just happened that he got attention for his talent. That talent pretty much was what paid off. Gladys and Vernon never tried to make him a star, never imagined him one, or pushed him into it.
And I think Gladys would have doted on both Jesse and Elvis. Yes, Gladys worried about Elvis, but he still had a lot of freedom because she wanted her boy to be happy.

My friend , I think similar -
- " Gladys would have doted on both Jesse and Elvis. Yes, Gladys worried about Elvis, but he still had a lot of freedom because she wanted her boy to be happy"
And yet something - I believe in DESTINY (y);):notworthy

Raised on Rock
06-07-2009, 07:56 PM

I do perfectly know that Gladys and Vernon never ever invested in Elvis talent in any way, or pushed him to be a star. Elvis developed his talent on his own, by his own interests, and that he paid for himself his first demo record. But that could have been impossible into a harder economical situation (just saying could). You see talent is a thing you are born with it, but even then, you need some time to developing it, time that could be easily taken away from you if not the appropriate circumstances. The fact that he had no musical education, does not means that he started singing like that by accident, he definitively invested more than a few hours of his everyday life in order to pull out the sound he had. Its well known that he spend most of his free time as a teenager going around with his guitar, singing, learning by listening the radio for hours, spending lots of time in record shops, checking out gospel and blues shows, could all of that been possible into harder economical situation, positively yes, but there is a chance he may not.

The point is, another kid would have made the economical situation much more difficult to Elvis family, so less time for Elvis to spare, that means, not much time to develops his musical skills (that's on his own, is well known that he had no musical education) as he may had to work as a teenager not for money to have fun, buy clothes and records if you know what I mean, no time for day dream and having any further aspirations than the daily bread as already a huge goal even as a child, another brother may have even impossible for him to even finish his basic education.

Of course there are other musicians around the same time that struggle even harder than Elvis with economical issues and also made it perfectly well into fame and fortune, I said it was just one chance, he could have also made it well.

The main point anyhow is that a twin brother, definitively could have changed Elvis career direction and his whole life in ways less expected both for good or bad, impossible to know in the end.

Merry
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Influences, influences, influences.......

Elvis himself said in an interview, that his musical interests began at two......

shelley.m.
06-08-2009, 01:29 AM

Diane

Exactly.If only.Another fabulous job,Ewa.Thank You.