PDA

View Full Version : “The Genuine Elvis – Photos and Untold Stories about the King”

franny
05-09-2009, 01:32 AM
EIN contributor Pamela Decker is excited to share with fellow fans around the world that within the coming weeks, she will bring you exclusive interviews with some good friends of hers who have a forthcoming book, “The Genuine Elvis – Photos and Untold Stories about the King” which is set for release this summer at Graceland.
You’ve likely heard about “The Genuine Elvis,” which was announced in late February. The book, by Ronnie McDowell, Edie Hand and Joe Meador, will feature countless never-before-heard stories, candid color and black & white photos and special memories – compiled as a tribute to Elvis. Among the stories are touching anecdotes from Elvis’s high school pals, fond personal recollections of good friends and relatives, and memories from a lucky few who were fortunate enough to spend Christmases at Graceland.
Along with Edie and Ronnie is co-author Joe Meador. A 30+ year music industry veteran, Joe is a songwriter, manager, producer and performer who has worked with artists such as Rick Nelson and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. He serves as president and CEO of Nashville’s Grand Entertainment Group www.grandentertainment.com.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/book_genuinex.jpgIn addition to dozens of beautiful photos by Al Wertheimer, the book features contributions from a host of other Elvis friends and family members. One such contributor is Louise Smith, widow of Elvis’ cousin Gene, who opens up to share rare memories. She also plans to appear at select book signing events with the authors. Fans who pre-order will receive autographed copies (from all three authors) of the book.
Edie confirmed that the official launch of “The Genuine Elvis – Photos and Untold Stories about the King” will take place at Graceland’s bookstore on August 14, 2009 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Look for the interviews with the authors in June, along with more information about other cities hosting official book signing events.
Click here for full details about this fascinating book and ordering details: (http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_genuineelvis.html) (News, Source;Pam Decker/EIN)

Miss Clawdy
05-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Thank's for the info Franny, looks like this book promises to be interesting and I almost couldn't believe the price they ask for it....:supriced:(y):D

Diane
05-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks Franny. The cover is one of my favorite paintings of Elvis and the book looks very interesting. Also the fact that there is some photos in there by Alfred Wertheimer attracts me a lot.

The price is fantastic! I will have to look for this one on Amazon or Ebay.

Diane

Donut
05-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I'll try to get a copy too though I can't say I enjoyed Edie Hand's Precious Memories book I'd like to read those "untold stories"...
Thanks franny.

Tommy
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Thank you very much Franny (y)

franny
05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
You're welcome, everyone. (y) I will probably get this book too...

franny

SleepyJack
05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Sounds promising... hope it lives up to the expectation. I`m surprised there could be any "untold stories" left!! Thanks Franny for pointing this one out.(y)(y)(y)

Jungleroom76
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO. FRANNY!!! (y)

$14.95 is indeed a very affordable price for this book! FINALLY there are some people who feel they can share their memories of Elvis with fans without charging them an arm and a leg for it!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

franny
05-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Sounds promising... hope it lives up to the expectation. I`m surprised there could be any "untold stories" left!! Thanks Franny for pointing this one out.(y)(y)(y)

You're welcome, Jack. (y)

THANKS FOR THE INFO. FRANNY!!! (y)

$14.95 is indeed a very affordable price for this book! FINALLY there are some people who feel they can share their memories of Elvis with fans without charging them an arm and a leg for it!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

You're welcome, Mike. (y)

Yes, that is a great price...I don't think I've ever bought an Elvis book in that price range...:lol: That is great!

franny

franny
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Btw, Amazon has it for $10.17. Either way a great price! :)

franny

Jungleroom76
05-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Btw, Amazon has it for $10.17. Either way a great price! :)

franny

Thanks for the additional info. franny!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

LianaKaralivanou
05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Franny, you are amazing for bringing us such valuable information! (y) I liked the book description and the price of course! ;)