PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Nights...

utmom2008
05-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Do any of you own this FTD CD? I can't seem to find a review of it!:blush::blink:

Brian
05-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Most of the time Amazon U.K. has customer reviews for the FTD's

utmom2008
05-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Most of the time Amazon U.K. has customer reviews for the FTD's

I looked on Amazon but didn't see any. I also could not understand why they were asking $59.95 either!:supriced::blink::blink::supriced:

franny
05-06-2009, 03:09 AM
I thought it was in the FTD section, but I don't see it now..

franny

utmom2008
05-06-2009, 03:11 AM
I thought it was in the FTD section, but I don't see it now..

franny

Me too! That's the 1st place I looked!:blush:

Brian
05-06-2009, 03:11 AM
I looked on Amazon but didn't see any. I also could not understand why they were asking $59.95 either!:supriced::blink::blink::supriced:

Yes, Amazon does charge a lot for them

I'll continue to look for a review.

Brian
05-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Here you go Roseanne this is the best I can find

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/reviews/ftd_cd_review_nevada_nights.shtml

utmom2008
05-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Here you go Roseanne this is the best I can find

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/reviews/ftd_cd_review_nevada_nights.shtml

Thanks Brian! I appreciate that!:)(y)

elvispresleytheking
05-06-2009, 04:01 AM
I'll give you a review right now:
Overall, Elvis gives a strong performance, especially on the first disk.
Disk 1-
Big Boss Man- Different opening song, and very well-performed
Proud Mary- having been almost two years since it was last performed, ELvis still can rock it out. After the song, he jokingly introduces himself as the NBC Peacock, but stumbles and says "I practiced that all evening and goofed it."
Down In The Alley- The only live performance of this song, and very energetic.
Good Time Charlie's Got THe Blues- ANother one-time-only performance, not original recording good, but still worth listening to. After the song, Elvis says, "I've done a lot of things in my life, but..." Before launching into
Never Been To Spain- The final performance of this song, and as great as ever.
It's Midnight- Great song, great version.
If You Talk In Your SLeep- At the end, ELvis adds "That's not about me, I didn't write that, I don't do that... Charlie wrote it.. *laughs*. No, a friend of mine, Red West wrote it.."
I'm Leavin' Great version of an underrated song.
Let Me Be There- Strong, energetic,,and I love how stops to thank the audience before launching into the reprise.
Softly As I Leave You- Great version of a touching, emotional song
If You Love Me- Just as good as let me be there
Love Me Tender- Typical 70s version
Polk Salad Annie- Love how the orchestra is more involved in this version, missing the awesome Jerry Shieff bass solo, and almost exhaustingly long.
Promised Land- Great version, though the original recording is better
My Baby Left Me- Probably the best live version of the song
Bridge Over Troubled Water- What can I say? Absolutely beautiful, sincere, heartfelt, yet powerful.
Fever- Unusually serious, until the end, when he goes overboard.. watch it! WATCH IT! SIt Down Sit DOwn... FEVER!!!!
Hound Dog- Typical version
Can't Help Falling In Love- Too bad it is cut short.

Highlights of disk two-
Fever- Funnier version... cats were born to give chicks fever, be it jumpsuits or leather suede...
Dialogue- Really fnny, as Elvis talks abou this life with Lisa Marie.
I'm Leavin'- He introduces the song by saying, "it's not the title of the song, I'm just getting the hell out of here"
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face- Great version, too bad he cut the performance short.

my boy
05-06-2009, 06:57 PM
One of the best FTDs available buy it! You'll love it. (y)

mozzarella
05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Hope this will satisfy you Rosanne...
Enjoy!

YouTube - Elvis Presley - Nevada Nights #1

utmom2008
05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies...I think I'll go ahead and order it!(y)

elvispresleytheking
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the replies...I think I'll go ahead and order it!(y)

Great! I'v enoticed non of the recent FTD releases are in the forum...

Lisarose
05-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Good decision, Roseanne. I bought mine last month, I had heard it on Jay Gordon's Elvis Only just before it was released - & then I couldn't find it at ShopElvis! It's availabe now though. I love mine. I think reviews were in the news section, & elvispresleytheking did a great job, too.

Lisarose
05-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Great! I'v enoticed non of the recent FTD releases are in the forum...

I noticed that, too. I also bought the I Believe 4CD set, that was excellent, IMO! Sam's Warehouse had it for under $30

elvispresleytheking
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I noticed that, too. I also bought the I Believe 4CD set, that was excellent, IMO! Sam's Warehouse had it for under $30

THis is where I actually helped a Bestbuy worker find it, because I knew where it was and he thought it was a single CD!
Thanks for your praise on the review, by the way.

my boy
05-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Nevada Nights is a superb release,check out a review here-- http://www.helium.com/items/1322980-nevada-nights-cd-review-ftd-reviews

EnigmaticSun
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
He surely didn't get proper recognition for such a versatile and refreshing set-list!

Jungleroom76
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Nevada Nights is a superb release,check out a review here-- http://www.helium.com/items/1322980-nevada-nights-cd-review-ftd-reviews

Thanks for the link my boy!!! (y)

Definitely some high-praise in that review for NEVADA NIGHTS...guess I'll have to hunt down a copy!! :hmm:;)

TCB!
Mike

Diane
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Me too. It sure sounds like a good one. Thanks everyone for your information on the CD.(y)

Diane

my boy
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Jungleroom Obviously it's only soundboard quality but it's a fine release by FTD with Elvis in very good humour!

Cheers,

My boy(y)

Jungleroom76
05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Jungleroom Obviously it's only soundboard quality but it's a fine release by FTD with Elvis in very good humour!

Cheers,

My boy(y)

Thanks again my boy!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike