PDA

View Full Version : Was Priscilla a good choice for Elvis?

Pages : [1] 2

Elvis&me
04-30-2009, 06:23 AM
do you think that Priscilla was a good choice for Elvis, and why do you think this way, and if you don't think she was a good choice,who would be the best choice for him,

Brian
04-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Yes, I do

The more I think about it Priscilla was probably the person he should've married. I know people don't like her personally but the thing is she was very pretty and did whatever Elvis told her to do, Elvis wasn't go to find that quality in any other woman.

People say Ann Margret but when Elvis was dating her (63-64) he was nowhere near ready to settle and AM had a career which would've caused problems so it's best he married Priscilla.

FLASHBOY
04-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Nothing wrong with Priscilla i don't know why people think she was so bad Elvis should have fire Col Parker and leave the business things to her Graceland shine today and Priscilla is behind it.

Brian
04-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Nothing wrong with Priscilla i don't know why people think she was so bad Elvis should have fire Col Parker and leave the business things to her Graceland shine today and Priscilla is behind it.

I wouldn't go that far.

elvislina
04-30-2009, 08:43 AM
I not hate Priscilla and I think she done her best,

If Elvis not had like her he had not get married with her and I think Elvis had like something with Priscilla-

have a nice week

Priscilla look so kind too :)

Ronn
04-30-2009, 09:23 AM
I really don't know. She cheated on him, so maybe not a good choice after all.

Ronn
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Maybe Elvis married Priscilla because he saw innocence and purity in her. And was perhaps expecting her to remain sweet, naive, oblivious to all his womanizing, just patiently waiting for him to come home. But, she obviously didn't remain that way.

LianaKaralivanou
04-30-2009, 12:17 PM
At that time, Priscilla seemed like the right choice for Elvis. She was the type of woman that Elvis could make his wife. Young, pure, naive, from a good family but most importantly, he could "shape" her the way he wanted to. Eventually, it turned out that Elvis shouldn't have been married at all. Not to Priscilla but to any woman. But at that time, yes, I believe that Priscilla was indeed the right choice for him.

hounddog
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Elvis thought she was the right on. Now as for cheating on Elvis, he saw and had relationship while he was seeing Priscilla.

Maybe they had an arrangement

hounddog
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
whoops i meant the right one

Debra
04-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Elvis shouldn't have been married at all. Not to Priscilla but to any woman.
(y)

I agree with this.This would be the best choice for him.

Debra
04-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Elvis should have fire Col Parker and leave the business things to her.

:helpsmili:helpsmili:helpsmili:lmfao::lmfao:

beckelvis
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Agree wiht you Ronn

MissyM
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
OMgosh, Sweet, innocent, tolerant of his affairs, pure?? So far from that!
I know, I know, that is the image she has projected from day one. But that is not the truth of what she is/was. No way on earth.
But I do agree, Elvis should not have married anyone at the time he did.

cbg84
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I think that he married exactly who he wanted to and loved more than anyone else. To me that clearly shows every time you look at pictures of them. Even in the pics that it seems they were having a rough patch. To me it also shows in how he handled her leaving. But it shows on her end too in the way she remained close to him until he died and how she still keeps him alive.

Unique Dog
04-30-2009, 07:54 PM
He made a good choice. He loved her and she loved him. That`s a big pill for some to swallow. He wasn`t forced to marry her. I don`t agree with everything she has done however, I do believe that Elvis loved her deeply.

Erhan
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Watch videos and decide then...
YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (New Sound)
YouTube - ELVIS You Gave Me A Mountain ( Extraordinary Version)

guess who could be my choice?

MissyM
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
He made a good choice. He loved her and she loved him. That`s a big pill for some to swallow. He wasn`t forced to marry her. I don`t agree with everything she has done however, I do believe that Elvis loved her deeply.

And there are two sides to that story, we all know that. So yes, I guess if you believe that you will also believe that it was this wonderful romantic fantasy.
I don't think it was. I think it was Elvis making the best of a situation he got himself into. I think it was Elvis trying to do the right thing.
Did he love her, yes he did. Was he able to be happy in a situation he created, yes he was.
He also hated doing many of those movies but(made and obligation) he managed to have fun and make the best of it. Elvis was like that.
But if anyone thinks the story goes like Priscilla tells it, no, I don't think so.
People bring up the fact that Elvis liked to "mold" and train women, I'm sorry, in my opinion that has been grossly overstated. I think he did expected women to adapt to his lifestyle and be a certain way. But I also think Priscilla had her ideas of what she thought he should be. Problem is, neither of them was happy when they found out they were not going to get that out of each other.

riley
05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
gosh i love your posts Missy. They are real. People have still to many romantic idea's about Pris and Elvis fairytale....

May have "looked" like a fairytale, but it sure had darker shades.

I think Elvis met many sweet and caring girls in his life. And nope Pris was not the best thing that ever happened to him. She may have been for a brief while yes.

But i can't understand people who love Elvis and who love her equally too. If you look at the outcome of that fairytale, we all know it had a very bitter end.

I guess it was all written in the stars, faith did his thing but part of me believes he had been way better of if he had never met her.

Sonny
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
This is another one of those threads that we all can discuss to no end.

It's really simple, yes, she was his choice. He loved her, she loved him.

He denied his love for her on returning from the Army for obvious reasons, she was what, 14, 15, he was 25. No way he could have said I love this girl.

But he must have been nuts over her.

And Priscilla of course was nuts over Elvis, what girl would not be...

It's too bad things later on worked out like they did. But that was also to be expected.
Elvis fooled around, Priscilla got bored being left alone.

It's simply put, I know, but it's how it was...

Cal Pessoa
05-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Good question ... Elvis had word. No more romance with Ann Margaret to marry Priscilla (I'm being confusing?). He knew what he was doing. She betrayed with the instructor of karate ... With whom he even betrayed her? I can not remember! But no matter! I think they loved, the way of them. (Sorry for my english ... is not the best)

MissyM
05-02-2009, 09:16 PM
The problem with your statements Sonny is you left alot out. He also dated several other women while in Germany. He also had plans on marrying someone else. Had Anita not found out about Priscilla, who was begging to come for a visit, he might have ended up getting married to her. This Elvis was pining away for Priscilla for 3 years just is not accurate. They talked on the phone and he was dating with Anita. Not untill that ended did he finally decide to bring Priscilla over for a visit. She was a cute thing and I am sure determined to make him happy. Well the rest is history. Of course they loved each other, but obviously is was not a great, mature, lasting kind of love. If it was, it would have lasted.
And you left out the fact that there is no record of Elvis being unfaithful once he married her. The only rumor was about Nancy Sinatra who said nothing happened and she gave Priscilla the baby shower. But, when 3-4 months after Lisa was born, Priscilla has an affair with a dance instructor. Even she admits that now. How wonderful was it when she had the life of a queen, a new baby and the love of Elvis in marriage, and then she cheats. Then he finds out, the marriage gets worse and so does he. Some times people do love each other, but unless you love each other madly, with maturity it doesn't last. One or two in the marriage didn't. They didn't prize what they had, so how great was it??

Jungleroom76
05-02-2009, 09:28 PM
People say Ann Margret but when Elvis was dating her (63-64) he was nowhere near ready to settle and AM had a career which would've caused problems so it's best he married Priscilla.

I agree with you Brian...I think while Elvis and Ann-Margret would have made a wonderful couple, the fact that she was just as popular as he was (many dubbed her the female Elvis) would have caused problems in their relationship. Thus, looking back on it, while it would have been an interesting marriage, I don't think it would have worked either.

As for who Elvis should have married, I honestly don't know if he would have ever been happy being married to anyone. I just don't think that the Elvis lifestyle was suited for marriage, and no matter who he married, it probably would have wound up similiar to how his marriage to Priscilla worked out. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

riley
05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
The problem with your statements Sonny is you left alot out. He also dated several other women while in Germany. He also had plans on marrying someone else. Had Anita not found out about Priscilla, who was begging to come for a visit, he might have ended up getting married to her. This Elvis was pining away for Priscilla for 3 years just is not accurate. They talked on the phone and he was dating with Anita. Not untill that ended did he finally decide to bring Priscilla over for a visit. She was a cute thing and I am sure determined to make him happy. Well the rest is history. Of course they loved each other, but obviously is was not a great, mature, lasting kind of love. If it was, it would have lasted.
And you left out the fact that there is no record of Elvis being unfaithful once he married her. The only rumor was about Nancy Sinatra who said nothing happened and she gave Priscilla the baby shower. But, when 3-4 months after Lisa was born, Priscilla has an affair with a dance instructor. Even she admits that now. How wonderful was it when she had the life of a queen, a new baby and the love of Elvis in marriage, and then she cheats. Then he finds out, the marriage gets worse and so does he. Some times people do love each other, but unless you love each other madly, with maturity it doesn't last. One or two in the marriage didn't. They didn't prize what they had, so how great was it??

Good observation and so well said....

Why do people always say she got tired of "HIS" affairs. He made the best out of that marriage. Intended to be a good husband and daddy. Gave her "the world". She cheated him even before their first wedding anniversary.:lmfao: What was he expected to do. Yes he knew, and yes he did the same from then on, what would she have expected. he was hurt , hurt a lot. His princess had fallen of her **** pedestal and things were never the same. I truly truly believe he was faithful to her until he found out.
Why do people always use him as the bad *** in that marriage.....
She was really not that innocent. Ask anyone who was a bit close to both of them at the time, and who are willing to tell the truth and not what she , the big Boss, wants to hear like some keep doing.

Sonny
05-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Come on...

Elvis of course dated lots of girls during the sixties, and cheated on Priscilla. He probably never saw it as cheating, but it was.

To simply think Elvis did not have anything going on with any of the women that surrounded him is not true.
I am not saying he slept with all of them, but he sure had some dating in his days!

riley
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
i'm speaking from marriage on. She did say yes , wanted to marry him still so I suppose she forgave him too his flirtations while she was in the US growing up.....

Yes he cheated before marriage and if that was really her problem then she should have left. She had no chains on her ankles, she could have left, but no she dicided to stay and push him towards marriage.......

IMO on May 1th there was a new chapter beginning. the one of wife and husband. it was wrong from her to DRAG the nasty feelings from the past into her new marriage. Completely wrong.

Sonny
05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Sure riley...

Unique Dog
05-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Sounds like you`ve been reading Child Bride.
Elvis admitted to cheating on Priscilla during the marriage so I don`t see how you can say otherwise unless you want to say he was lying.

Donut
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Sounds like you`ve been reading Child Bride.
Elvis admitted to cheating on Priscilla during the marriage so I don`t see how you can say otherwise unless you want to say he was lying.

The only thing I've heard Elvis saying is just the opposite, that their divorce wasn't a matter of having anyone else in their lives, wich we know is not true btw.
Where have you read that?

MissyM
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm talking timing. Once he took his vows, he did not cheat untill after she did. Like Riley said, you don't marry someone if you have not forgiven them. You don't stay with a chronic cheater unless there is something in it for you. No one tied her to Graceland, she stayed of her own accord and will. And if she didn't forgive him, and was holding a grudge, that is no way to start a new marriage.
Was it right that he cheated after she broke the marriage promises to be faithful. I'm not even going there, whole new can of worms.

Unique Dog
05-05-2009, 04:45 AM
There`s members of the MM who have stated that Elvis was not faithful during his marriage, even before she cheated. Who cares about the "who cheated first"? Wrong is wrong and two wrongs don`t make a right. They were both wrong for their infidelities no matter who cast the first stone.
On the same token, no one held a gun to his head and made him marry Priscilla. To believe this, IMO, you would have to believe that Elvis was not his own man.

I am able to see his faults and accept that he was a man, not superhuman. He loved, laughed cried like the rest of us. I love Elvis and I always will. No matter what he did, no matter what people may say, he will always be #1.

KPM
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM

He denied his love for her on returning from the Army for obvious reasons, she was what, 14, 15, he was 25. No way he could have said I love this girl.

It's too bad things later on worked out like they did. But that was also to be expected.

Agree with you totally (y)

Elvis&me
05-06-2009, 02:06 AM
gosh i love your posts Missy. They are real. People have still to many romantic idea's about Pris and Elvis fairytale....

May have "looked" like a fairytale, but it sure had darker shades.

I think Elvis met many sweet and caring girls in his life. And nope Pris was not the best thing that ever happened to him. She may have been for a brief while yes.

But i can't understand people who love Elvis and who love her equally too. If you look at the outcome of that fairytale, we all know it had a very bitter end.

I guess it was all written in the stars, faith did his thing but part of me believes he had been way better of if he had never met her.

I agree with you 100%, I love priscilla and i do beleve that she was a great choice for him:king:

cbg84
05-06-2009, 02:24 AM
I agree with you 100%, I love priscilla and i do beleve that she was a great choice for him:king:

I'm confused, how can you agree with her if you love Priscilla? Whatever.

utmom2008
05-06-2009, 03:43 AM
And nope Pris was not the best thing that ever happened to him.

I'm confused, how can you agree with her if you love Priscilla? Whatever.

HUH????:blink::doh::blink::doh:

I am completely confused.:blink::blink::blink:

dstrattenfan
05-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Elvis shouldn't have been married at all. Not to Priscilla but to any woman.

U are right on 1000%(y)(y)(y)

MissyM
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
There`s members of the MM who have stated that Elvis was not faithful during his marriage, even before she cheated. Who cares about the "who cheated first"? Wrong is wrong and two wrongs don`t make a right. They were both wrong for their infidelities no matter who cast the first stone.
On the same token, no one held a gun to his head and made him marry Priscilla. To believe this, IMO, you would have to believe that Elvis was not his own man.

I am able to see his faults and accept that he was a man, not superhuman. He loved, laughed cried like the rest of us. I love Elvis and I always will. No matter what he did, no matter what people may say, he will always be #1.

Can you provide a source and who he cheated with during the pregnancy and 3/4 months later. I don't want to get into a big debate about this cheating thing. I just can't figure out how people go from being Romeo and Juliet to cheating on each other in the span of one year. I don't buy the great love thing. I feel it's been over-romantisized. My opinion. Not saying they didn't love each other. But love sometimes is often disguised as other things. Many people are togeather for love, and many other wrong reasons too. And when those extra reasons no longer exist, it falls apart. (because they do not provide a good foundation for a lasting growing relationship) Marriage take a lot of work, apparently neither had enough love to give them the will to work at it. And since it didn't last long before it went bad, I say there wasn't as much true/great love there in the first place. At least not like it is sometimes portrayed.

SleepyJack
05-06-2009, 02:52 PM
I don`t think that Priscilla was the right woman for Elvis... and I tend to agree that he might have been better off to have remained single and free to live his life as it happened. I think there was always a part of Elvis that wanted to be married,wanted his own family,wanted to do "the right thing". I don`t think marriage would have been such a bad thing for him,had he married somebody more mature and less accepting of the lifestyle that he had. Priscilla was too young and too ready to play along with everything,she was an ideal playmate while it lasted...but she was never going to be a solid,loyal partner for life.... and I don`t think that Elvis,deep down,had enough love and respect for her to be the same.

jak
05-06-2009, 04:01 PM

This sums up the whole situation entirely.It's not as complicated as some think.

Getlo
05-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Priscilla was far too young, far too stupid and far too much of a long-term schemer to have become Elvis' wife.

Elvis Presley should never have married.

Period.

May
05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Yep!!!:D Period! :P

Donut
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I think in a way she was a good choice for him since she mastered the art of cheating as good or better than Elvis did.

Teddy
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
She learned from the master! :mad:

Donut
05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
She learned from the master! :mad:

I'm not so sure quadruped. I don't even think we would have known about her lovers if the MM wasn't aware of what really happened there. She knew it would be made public sooner or later ;)

_waitinformyelvis_
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I think she was all in it for the money....and they loved each other, they were both crazy about each other.....
Plus she probably got sick of him fooling around, and always being gone...
I'd be...but who's not crazy about Elvis?

1100ccRider
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
No.

Some people are not cut out to be married. Maybe he was one of them. Regardless, I don't think she was the right one for him. Of course, she was the one he chose (or perhaps the Colonel did), so there we are...

Actually, I said that some people are not cut out to be married, but the truth is that a great many are not meant to be married (at least to whom they marry) but only discover this truth too late.

May
06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
i'm speaking from marriage on. She did say yes , wanted to marry him still so I suppose she forgave him too his flirtations while she was in the US growing up.....

Yes he cheated before marriage and if that was really her problem then she should have left. She had no chains on her ankles, she could have left, but no she dicided to stay and push him towards marriage.......

IMO on May 1th there was a new chapter beginning. the one of wife and husband. it was wrong from her to DRAG the nasty feelings from the past into her new marriage. Completely wrong.

a good post Riley.(y)

May
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I just can't figure out how people go from being Romeo and Juliet to cheating on each other in the span of one year.
I don't buy the great love thing. I feel it's been over-romantisized. My opinion. Not saying they didn't love each other.

Marriage take a lot of work, apparently neither had enough love to give them the will to work at it. And since it didn't last long before it went bad, I say there wasn't as much true/great love there in the first place. At least not like it is sometimes portrayed.

Completely agree with this. Of course they loved each other, but as you say, the whole fairytale -as is portrayed these days-just wasnt true IMO.
4 or 5 years of being married is not at all long, obviously both of them were expecting something else from the marriage and neither did too much to change things and work on staying together.

All in all I think Elvis married Priscilla thinking she was someone who wanted to be a wife and have children and stay at home (blah blah), maybe he got that opinion that she was happy to do this from her, maybe not. Who knows.
Whereas Priscilla was interested in carving out a career for herself. Elvis made it pretty clear to Priscilla he did not want her to work, she herself states that in her book. So why would she think it would be any different when they married/:doh:
I dont think Ann Margret would have been a good choice of wife either, she was definately a career woman.
I think Anita Wood would (!!) have been a good choice for what Elvis wanted in a wife IMO. Another thing to consider, is the age of Priscilla. People change so much from their late teens to late 20's. Maybe Priscilla thought she would be happy to stay at home when she was so young?
How old was Anita?

MissyM
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Priscilla showed no signs of wanting a career before they married. She did lead Elvis to believed that his idea of marriage would be ok with her. Elvis believe that women should not work unless they had no other choice. The husband takes care of the wife and family period. And believe me, he had little respect for husbands who did not. Also Elvis was a caretaker (by nature) obviously,, and got a certain amount of pleasure taking care of those he loved.
Priscilla was part of a different culture and generation. I think that's were the age difference and background showed. Women at the time were being told they needed to be independant of their men and find out who they were. What some people I think fail to understand is that Elvis at one point did want more children. Priscilla did not. She did not want to have more and have it be harder for her to pursue her new ideas.
Rumor has it, and you can take it or leave it, that she was on birth control and Elvis found out and was furious. Now, could be that was one clue to her cheating, too, but bottom line,,,,he did want more children.
Was Elvis wrong to think the way he did? Was it old fashioned and unrealistic? Perhaps so. But that was Elvis. Very conventional when it came to ideas in marriage.
Thing is, one has to ask, if he had known that her priorities would change so drastically from his, and what she lead him to believe were her's also, would he have married her?? Hard to say for sure.
But IMO, she changed the deal. He did not get what he bargained for when he said, "I do."
This idea that he didn't want to be intimate with her is part true. It was short lived and she makes it seem like it was a big deal. I honestly think is was a good rationalization for her affair.
Right or wrong, when she cheated first, and when she changed the game plan, all bargains and bets were off.
That's when things started falling apart. There isn't a whole lot Elvis could do to change his life when it came to her career. He did try to give her the independance she wanted. But when she used it to have an affair, that had to be hurtful to him.
Sorry, I just don't think she played fair. So while I don't condone him then starting to cheat after she did, it was still she who set things in motion in the whole game changing scenerio.

KPM
06-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Well since the marriage ended in divorce-its hard to think it was a good choice for either one. No one wants to fail-they both did in getting the divorce.
Elvis liked girls young and "trainable" and the girls and women began in the late 60s questioning the traditional roles.
Even perfect mates have trouble with big age differences.

Donut
06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't see the divorce as a failure. I think they didn't even try to make it work. Elvis kept acting like a bachelor during the marriage and Priscilla cheated on him almost right after Lisa was born. I can't see how they thought their marriage would work that way if they really wanted it to. To me it seems like Elvis only followed a tradition and the way he was raised up marrying her and Priscilla was not willing to leave without a wedding band on her finger after all those years waiting for him at home like a fool. She mentions something similar in her book, btw.

utmom2008
06-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Priscilla was not willing to leave without a wedding band on her finger after all those years waiting for him at home like a fool.

I think you are right Donut. http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar011.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar1.htm) http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar012.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar1.htm)

debtdbruno
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Priscilla showed no signs of wanting a career before they married. She did lead Elvis to believed that his idea of marriage would be ok with her. Elvis believe that women should not work unless they had no other choice. The husband takes care of the wife and family period. And believe me, he had little respect for husbands who did not. Also Elvis was a caretaker (by nature) obviously,, and got a certain amount of pleasure taking care of those he loved.
Priscilla was part of a different culture and generation. I think that's were the age difference and background showed. Women at the time were being told they needed to be independant of their men and find out who they were. What some people I think fail to understand is that Elvis at one point did want more children. Priscilla did not. She did not want to have more and have it be harder for her to pursue her new ideas.
Rumor has it, and you can take it or leave it, that she was on birth control and Elvis found out and was furious. Now, could be that was one clue to her cheating, too, but bottom line,,,,he did want more children.
Was Elvis wrong to think the way he did? Was it old fashioned and unrealistic? Perhaps so. But that was Elvis. Very conventional when it came to ideas in marriage.
Thing is, one has to ask, if he had known that her priorities would change so drastically from his, and what she lead him to believe were her's also, would he have married her?? Hard to say for sure.
But IMO, she changed the deal. He did not get what he bargained for when he said, "I do."
This idea that he didn't want to be intimate with her is part true. It was short lived and she makes it seem like it was a big deal. I honestly think is was a good rationalization for her affair.
Right or wrong, when she cheated first, and when she changed the game plan, all bargains and bets were off.
That's when things started falling apart. There isn't a whole lot Elvis could do to change his life when it came to her career. He did try to give her the independance she wanted. But when she used it to have an affair, that had to be hurtful to him.
Sorry, I just don't think she played fair. So while I don't condone him then starting to cheat after she did, it was still she who set things in motion in the whole game changing scenerio.

Missy, I don't want to pry into your life, however you do seem to know more about their relationship than the average person. Where you there to witness what was happening? Or are you surmising along with the rest of us??

Deb

Brian
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM

Sounds like you use Child Bride as a source

I'm sure some things in that book are true but many things are probably exaggerated and then some things are untrue.
I don't believe some of the things in it.
I don't think Elvis ever knew about the dance instructor.

About Priscilla wanting a career I don't think she really wanted a career until after they divorced or after Elvis died at that point since they weren't married anymore Priscilla wanted to be know as her own person not Elvis wife she said so in interviews around that time.
I don't think Elvis would've cared that Priscilla pursued a career in showbiz after their divorce he just didn't want her working when she was with him.

It's funny I saw an interview with Priscilla on Entertainment Tonight while she was on Dancing with the Stars she mentioned she was originally offered a role on Charlie's Angels she said she didn't know what role it was but turned it down. The host of the show guessed it was the role Jaclyn Smith ended up playing.
That's funny to me Priscilla wants her own idenity apart from Elvis and she turns down a role that would've got her some recognition on her own.
I didn't listen to the entire interview and missed the reason she gave for turning it down.
She made a mistake imo.

debtdbruno
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I think there is somewhere in the middle of 'Child Bride' and 'Elvis and Me'.
One is too syrupy and the other probably too harsh

Deb

marc
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe she was verry matured for her age, but I allway's felt that Elvis would be better of with a what more matured woman from his own age. And also someone that good handle the live with a rock star. But the both made mistakes and that is only human I think.

KPM
06-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't see the divorce as a failure. I think they didn't even try to make it work. Elvis kept acting like a bachelor during the marriage and Priscilla cheated on him almost right after Lisa was born. I can't see how they thought their marriage would work that way if they really wanted it to. To me it seems like Elvis only followed a tradition and the way he was raised up marrying her and Priscilla was not willing to leave without a wedding band on her finger after all those years waiting for him at home like a fool. She mentions something similar in her book, btw.
Then you and I will have to disagree-because I have to think neither of them went thru the vows intending on a divorce to be the ultimate outcome.
Traditionally in the US (at least until the 1970s) divorce was seen as failure.
In the early 1900's and into the 20s. 30s, etc people who divorced were ashamed, embarrassed and it was just not talked about. Today its much more acceptable to be divorced several times (although I do tend to think people who are always getting married and divorced never learn it seems:))

MissyM
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
I've never read "Childbride" nor would I. But I am privy to some inside information through family. Most of it when I heard it I never gave it much thought. But I put it all together with information she said, things she has written, and things other have written. Sure, to an extent some of it is surmizing, but doesn't everyone bases on the sources THEY have??

molokai123
06-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Maybe Elvis married Priscilla because he saw innocence and purity in her. And was perhaps expecting her to remain sweet, naive, oblivious to all his womanizing, just patiently waiting for him to come home. But, she obviously didn't remain that way.

i have to agree with Ronn,but it think maybe at the time she might have been the good choice but i think the best girl for Elvis to have married after pris, is Linda Thompson.

Donut
06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Then you and I will have to disagree-because I have to think neither of them went thru the vows intending on a divorce to be the ultimate outcome.
In the early 1900's and into the 20s. 30s, etc people who divorced were ashamed, embarrassed and it was just not talked about. Today its much more acceptable to be divorced several times (although I do tend to think people who are always getting married and divorced never learn it seems:))

We don't have to necessarily agree KPM, that's fine by me ;).

Brian
06-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I've never read "Childbride" nor would I. But I am privy to some inside information through family. Most of it when I heard it I never gave it much thought. But I put it all together with information she said, things she has written, and things other have written. Sure, to an extent some of it is surmizing, but doesn't everyone bases on the sources THEY have??

I thought you might've been using Child bride as a source since what you wrote in your previous post is basically similar to the stuff in the book and a lot of fans use it as a source about Priscilla.

Since you haven't read Child Bride do you know disgruntled relatives or friends of Priscilla?

Brian
06-09-2009, 07:30 AM

I think you and Donut are both right

I think going into the marriage Elvis and Priscilla thought they would both stay married but neither one of them really made an effort to make the marriage work particularly Elvis.

May
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Sounds like you use Child Bride as a source

I'm sure some things in that book are true but many things are probably exaggerated and then some things are untrue.
I don't believe some of the things in it.
I don't think Elvis ever knew about the dance instructor.

About Priscilla wanting a career I don't think she really wanted a career until after they divorced or after Elvis died at that point since they weren't married anymore Priscilla wanted to be know as her own person not Elvis wife she said so in interviews around that time.
I don't think Elvis would've cared that Priscilla pursued a career in showbiz after their divorce he just didn't want her working when she was with him.

It's funny I saw an interview with Priscilla on Entertainment Tonight while she was on Dancing with the Stars she mentioned she was originally offered a role on Charlie's Angels she said she didn't know what role it was but turned it down. The host of the show guessed it was the role Jaclyn Smith ended up playing.
That's funny to me Priscilla wants her own idenity apart from Elvis and she turns down a role that would've got her some recognition on her own.
I didn't listen to the entire interview and missed the reason she gave for turning it down.
She made a mistake imo.

She apparently wanted to get the role, but considered it too (in her words) "cheesecake" for an initial part for her. She wanted something more 'meaty' (why do all these roles come down to food!:blush:)

Elvis did apparently know about the dance instructor.

As far as Priscilla not wanting a career whilst with Elvis. Even before the marriage she was interested in modelling. She herself took up a modelling job and elvis told her to give it up if she wanted to be with him.

Brian
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
She apparently wanted to get the role, but considered it too (in her words) "cheesecake" for an initial part for her. She wanted something more 'meaty' (why do all these roles come down to food!:blush:)

Elvis did apparently know about the dance instructor.

As far as Priscilla not wanting a career whilst with Elvis. Even before the marriage she was interested in modelling. She herself took up a modelling job and elvis told her to give it up if she wanted to be with him.

ironically none of Priscilla's other roles were much more meatier than Charlie's Angels would of been including Dallas.
I was a fan of Dallas until the Patrick Duffy reappearance after the dream season and when Priscilla was on there she didn't do much except react to what was going on with the other characters such as her boyfriend Bobby Ewing's family problems but was rarely given a storyline on her own.

I always thought she was too short to be a model.

Teddy
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
when Priscilla was on there she didn't do much except react to what was going on with the other characters

Are you kidding? She practically carried the series!

May
06-09-2009, 11:35 AM
ironically none of Priscilla's other roles were much more meatier than Charlie's Angels would of been including Dallas.
I was a fan of Dallas until the Patrick Duffy reappearance after the dream season and when Priscilla was on there she didn't do much except react to what was going on with the other characters such as her boyfriend Bobby Ewing's family problems but was rarely given a storyline on her own.

I always thought she was too short to be a model.

Yes she was. It was only a local job in Memphis where she modelled the shops clothing.
Used to love Dallas, it did get all a bit silly after the whole 'Bobby dream' thing! I agree, none of the roles were particularly meaty!

Teddy
06-09-2009, 05:53 PM
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

May
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
:doh:I wouldnt say these were the most flattering pictures of her, teddy:doh:

Teddy
06-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey look, it was the '80s!
But a bad day for Cilla in the '80s beats most folks' good ones! :mad:

May
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
No, teddy its not the hair style, or the clothes, its her expressions!

laura17
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
may 1st..she began to dig his grave. he was not a stay at home husband,she never understood that. what she done for him,since he died? never any tears.

debtdbruno
06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
If elvis had been willing to allow Cilla to go on tour with him(provided she wanted to), they could have maintained a relationship. However, he didn't want any wives/girlfriends, for obvious reasons.
Even if they had been together in the beginning, it wasn't a life style that they could have maintained once LM was born. As a Mum, my prorities would have been to create a home for my child, and Elvis' career wasnt conducive to family life.
It is a shame she became pregnant so soon, they should have had time together as a couple.

Deb

utmom2008
06-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Since you haven't read Child Bride do you know disgruntled relatives or friends of Priscilla?

They shouldn't be too hard to find....:lol::lol:

Donut
06-10-2009, 12:06 AM
They shouldn't be too hard to find....:lol::lol:

:supriced: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

MissyM
06-10-2009, 03:31 AM
I thought you might've been using Child bride as a source since what you wrote in your previous post is basically similar to the stuff in the book and a lot of fans use it as a source about Priscilla.

I'm not sure why you ask the last question. I'm not sure what being disgruntled has to do with it all.

Brian
06-10-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure why you ask the last question. I'm not sure what being disgruntled has to do with it all.

I am just curious

You can tell me

I say disgruntled because family members will often say nice things about their relatives unless they are a really terrible person.

I've never heard any of Priscilla's family say anything negative about her

utmom2008
06-10-2009, 06:52 AM
I've never heard any of Priscilla's family say anything negative about her

By "family" she doesn't mean Cilla's side.;)

Brian
06-10-2009, 06:57 AM
By "family" she doesn't mean Cilla's side.;)

Elvis side then

must be Billy Smith

Most of Elvis relatives are dead and Patsy Presley is on good terms with Priscilla.

elviscillalisa
06-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Yes.

I think that they got married cause they loved each other very much. And I believe both were hurt by the end of it. Yes Priscilla was the one who walked away but to still be good friends after it's done says something on both ends. And believe what you may but I believe that there is still a deep love for him that she has today. But they married beacause they wanted to and were in love. End of story.

MissyM
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Elvis side then

must be Billy Smith

Most of Elvis relatives are dead and Patsy Presley is on good terms with Priscilla.

Let me try this again. Smith side..correct. And there are plenty more than just Billy in that side since it is a double connection. Disgruntled? Are you trying to say, disgruntled equals biased?? I'm not sure.
But again, many things I was told, I was told before Elvis even died. I've been told things that weren't as relevant then as they seem to be now. It's like everything has a huge meaning now. Little did I know.And boy oh boy sometimes I wish I asked more questions, taken pictures, had a tape recorder back then.

And some things are just about an understanding about who they were as people, what life was like, and the basic family background. I think it provides insight. But as alway should be taken with a grain of salt.

As for Billy, he's actually been much kinder, and easier on her than I would be, and some other relatives have been. And it has nothing to do with being disgruntled at all.

Oh and another clarification, most of the relatives are not dead.

Hominuk
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
He met her, fell for her, married her....I don't think there's any mystery here....people marry and divorce all the time.

Donut
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
If elvis had been willing to allow Cilla to go on tour with him(provided she wanted to), they could have maintained a relationship. However, he didn't want any wives/girlfriends, for obvious reasons.
Even if they had been together in the beginning, it wasn't a life style that they could have maintained once LM was born. As a Mum, my prorities would have been to create a home for my child, and Elvis' career wasnt conducive to family life.
It is a shame she became pregnant so soon, they should have had time together as a couple.

Deb

Even if she wouldn't have got pregnant so soon they wouldn't have spent too much time together since like you said Elvis didn't want her around while he was working. He wanted to go on with his bachelor's life and he thought he had found the "fool" that would allow that and finally married her.

GIORGIA
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
He met her, fell for her, married her....I don't think there's any mystery here....people marry and divorce all the time.

I agree with you!

Brian
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Let me try this again. Smith side..correct. And there are plenty more than just Billy in that side since it is a double connection. Disgruntled? Are you trying to say, disgruntled equals biased?? I'm not sure.
But again, many things I was told, I was told before Elvis even died. I've been told things that weren't as relevant then as they seem to be now. It's like everything has a huge meaning now. Little did I know.And boy oh boy sometimes I wish I asked more questions, taken pictures, had a tape recorder back then.

And some things are just about an understanding about who they were as people, what life was like, and the basic family background. I think it provides insight. But as alway should be taken with a grain of salt.

As for Billy, he's actually been much kinder, and easier on her than I would be, and some other relatives have been. And it has nothing to do with being disgruntled at all.

Oh and another clarification, most of the relatives are not dead.

Yeah, there were more of them than just Billy but were they really close to Elvis? that's the thing.

Elvis had a lot of cousins and other relatives but wasn't close to a lot them and hardly ever saw them.

I have a lot of relatives but many of them I don't keep in touch with and hardly ever see.

By disgruntled I mean Priscilla must've done something to them for them to dislike her.

Nicole Presley
06-10-2009, 08:32 PM
do you think that Priscilla was a good choice for Elvis, and why do you think this way, and if you don't think she was a good choice,who would be the best choice for him,

No, of course not. I mean if he would have married the right woman, she wouldn´t have left him. The right woman for him would be a woman who loves him the way he is and stays with him forever. I don´t know if he ever met the one who´s right for him. He deserves someone who´s always there for him and loves him the way he is and doesn´t let him down. But maybe Elvis just wanted Priscilla because he loved her. But I think he deserves someone who wouldn´t leave him & really loves him. (y)

debtdbruno
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't think any woman could have lived Elvis' way of life forever, no matter how much she loved him

utmom2008
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't think any woman could have lived Elvis' way of life forever, no matter how much she loved him

Sad, but true. At some point you realize that "ELVIS" is just Elvis, and not many women are going to put up with a lifetime of being screwed around on!http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar004.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar1.htm)

debtdbruno
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Sad, but true. At some point you realize that "ELVIS" is just Elvis, and not many women are going to put up with a lifetime of being screwed around on!http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar004.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar1.htm)

Wow!!!! that was full on!!!!Very true though:lmfao::lmfao:

presley31
06-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I know l couldn't handle elvis lifestyle but being there with him for awhile would of made me very happy indeed and i wouldn't even bug him for a wedding ring :P

Teddy
06-11-2009, 01:55 AM
not many women are going to put up with a lifetime of being screwed around on!http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar004.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar1.htm)

Would you? http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

Nicole Presley
06-19-2009, 10:45 AM

That´s not true. I would never leave him. It seems to me that no one except me knows what real love is.

kathy parkinson
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Sad, but true. At some point you realize that "ELVIS" is just Elvis, and not many women are going to put up with a lifetime of being screwed around on!http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar004.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovmar1.htm)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

SleepyJack
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
The thing is... Most,if not all, of the women in his life knew what to expect from life with Elvis.Could Ann Margaret have been the one?...seeing as how she had her own share of sex-appeal and knew what life in the spotlight was like?? The question I often wonder about is this... Is this what Elvis really wanted? Without the pressure of his image and the acting-up to impress his entourage all the signs seem to point to a man who wasn`t really into a lot of sleeping-around and would seem to have been happier at home than out breaking hearts. I don`t know...just chasing my tail again!!...:hmm::hmm:

May
06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Some good points there Jack. Maybe Ann would have understood the whole "image" thing beter than Priscilla could, being an actress herself. Its all speculation at the end of the day, but its interesting talking about it.(y)

Brian
06-19-2009, 07:11 PM
The thing is... Most,if not all, of the women in his life knew what to expect from life with Elvis.Could Ann Margaret have been the one?...seeing as how she had her own share of sex-appeal and knew what life in the spotlight was like?? The question I often wonder about is this... Is this what Elvis really wanted? Without the pressure of his image and the acting-up to impress his entourage all the signs seem to point to a man who wasn`t really into a lot of sleeping-around and would seem to have been happier at home than out breaking hearts. I don`t know...just chasing my tail again!!...:hmm::hmm:

I think the whole Ann Margret and Elvis relationship is overrated

When people say Elvis should've married her and they would've lived a great life together I strongly disagree with that.

Elvis wasn't ready for marriage when he was with Ann and she had a full time career so when would they see each other.

Elvis would've cheated on her eventually as well.

utmom2008
06-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Elvis wasn't ready for marriage when he was with Ann and she had a full time career so when would they see each other.

I think you are right!http://smiley.net.ru/talyes027.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/talyes1.htm)

May
06-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the whole Ann Margret and Elvis relationship is overrated

When people say Elvis should've married her and they would've lived a great life together I strongly disagree with that.

I agree that relationship is over-rated. My point was just that she was in a similar position as him, career-wise and maybe would have understood the whole image vs man issue.

I dont think anyone can deny Priscilla loved Elvis on their wedding day, you only have to look at the expression on her face. Elvis was the one who looked nervous.

May
06-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I think you are right!http://smiley.net.ru/talyes027.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/talyes1.htm)

I wonder if she would have cheated on him first though:doh:

Teddy
06-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Some people like to argue that Cilla cheated first, with regard to their marriage (although it seems very unlikely). Maybe AnnM would have been a cheater, too. Cheating tends to beget cheating. Live by the sword, die by the sword, etc. Elvis 'made his bed and had to lie in it', as the saying goes.

May
06-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Haven't got time to get into this discussion, but lets face it, none of us know who cheated first! We can only guess.

slightly off topic, have just been sent this
YouTube - Elvis Presley

Great song IMO, but the main thing I noticed was the Related Videos on the right hand side. Look at the first picture and the third. They could have been twins!

May
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh ! It doesn't come out when you post the link on here.:blush::crash::crash:

Donut
06-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Cheating tends to beget cheating. Live by the sword, die by the sword, etc. Elvis 'made his bed and had to lie in it', as the saying goes.

As usual I don't agree with you. If you cheat as a revenge it's because you are not better than the one who cheated first plus you lose the right to complain because the other cheated on you.

Teddy
06-19-2009, 08:17 PM
As usual I don't agree with you. If you cheat as a revenge it's because you are not better than the one who cheated first plus you lose the right to complain because the other cheated on you.

I'm not talking about revenge. I just think cheaters often attract other cheaters.
Elvis and 'Ammo' appealed to each other because they were both sexually ubiquitous characters. You could say that they flattered each other with their similarities.
If their relationship had endured they would have driven each other insane. It could only ever have worked as an extra-curricular intercourse-based arrangement.

Donut
06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
I just think cheaters often attract other cheaters.

True (y)

http://www.geocities.com/capitolhill/senate/7149/wed10.jpg

debtdbruno
06-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Way to go Teddy................"extra-curriculer................." love it....LOL

Priscilla was the best choice, she came along and satisfied somthing he needed at that time in his life. Elvis did love her, unfortunately he couldn't sustain a 'mature' love longterm.

May
06-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Way to go Teddy................"extra-curriculer................." love it....LOL

Priscilla was the best choice, she came along and satisfied somthing he needed at that time in his life. Elvis did love her, unfortunately he couldn't sustain a 'mature' love longterm.

and nor could she it seems.:blink::D

Well basically their marriage was so very similar to Joe Public, its just that no one is interested in "Joe and Joanne Public" to discuss them in detail. They loved each other when they got married. It went stale. We just want there to be some huge explanation for it. and there isn't.

It kind of reminds me of Princess Diana and the car crash. There are so many conspiracy theories but at the end of the day, she died because of a drunk driver!

Teddy
06-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Agreed!
And even if Cilla and Elvis had been The World's Most 'Suited' Couple, Elvis simply didn't need a conventional relationship, so he lacked the impetus to sustain one.
People tend to embark upon long-term relationships because there is an innate human need to love and be loved.
What possible need would Elvis Presley have for such an arrangement? He was already married to his fans.

debtdbruno
06-19-2009, 08:50 PM
That's what Cilla herself said...........'it was a mutual love affair'

Teddy
06-19-2009, 08:51 PM
It kind of reminds me of Princess Diana and the car crash. There are so many conspiracy theories but at the end of the day, she died because of a drunk driver!

The only trouble with conspiracy theories is that they invite unquestioning derision from people who are afraid to face the possibility that maybe the government isn't there to take care of them.

Like in most major cities, there were several hundred CCTV cameras on that route in Paris. Drunk driving didn't cause them all to malfunction simultaneously.

But back to the topic....

utmom2008
06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Elvis 'made his bed and had to lie in it', as the saying goes.

If only he had been lying in MY bed.....http://smiley.net.ru/missle056.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/missle2.htm)

Teddy
06-19-2009, 09:02 PM
If only he had been lying in MY bed.....http://smiley.net.ru/missle056.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/missle2.htm)

Aww, bless you. You look so sweet laying there in wide-eyed anticipation.:lol:http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0049.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm2.htm)

utmom2008
06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Aww, bless you. You look so sweet laying there in wide-eyed anticipation.:lol:http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0049.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm2.htm)

Just a sweet, young innocent girl. Just the way he liked 'em! ;)http://smiley.net.ru/lovhea157.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovhea5.htm) http://smiley.net.ru/lovhea142.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovhea5.htm)

Teddy
06-19-2009, 09:08 PM
http://smiley.net.ru/emocnf010.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/emocnf1.htm)

Brian
06-20-2009, 01:37 AM
and nor could she it seems.:blink::D

Well basically their marriage was so very similar to Joe Public, its just that no one is interested in "Joe and Joanne Public" to discuss them in detail. They loved each other when they got married. It went stale. We just want there to be some huge explanation for it. and there isn't.

What makes you say they loved each other when they got married.

jasmine123456
06-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Ask Elvis, lol......................

tilchkitten
06-20-2009, 03:31 AM
I don't know Marty Lacker said that Elvis said he was forced to marry Priscilla by blackmail. Cause her father was going to go to the press about how old Cilla was when they got together and that she was only 16 when she moved in with Elvis. I'm not saying Elvis didn't love Cilla but I don't think he wanted to marry her. But a promise is a promise.

Brian
06-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I don't know Marty Lacker said that Elvis said he was forced to marry Priscilla by blackmail. Cause her father was going to go to the press about how old Cilla was when they got together and that she was only 16 when she moved in with Elvis. I'm not saying Elvis didn't love Cilla but I don't think he wanted to marry her. But a promise is a promise.

why do people say Priscilla was 16 when she moved in with Elvis, she was 17 almost 18 when she moved in

I've heard Marty Lacker and others mention this but it's not accurate.

May
06-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Agreed!
And even if Cilla and Elvis had been The World's Most 'Suited' Couple, Elvis simply didn't need a conventional relationship, so he lacked the impetus to sustain one.
People tend to embark upon long-term relationships because there is an innate human need to love and be loved.
What possible need would Elvis Presley have for such an arrangement? He was already married to his fans.

You can blame Elvis, and not Priscilla, all you like, but the fact is it takes two people for a marriage to fail.

jak
06-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Ive always found the debate about who cheated first very amusing and telling.Everybody has a right to their own views.I just always think it's funny when Elvis is depicted as a faithfull doting husband.Betrayed by his cheating wife.Im sorry but it's just so absurd.Elvis may have been the king of rock.The king of husbands he was not.To think he changed his ways while he was comitted to her is just not the case.Elvis had far to many temptations.He also left behind a terrible track record.Just ask Linda Thompson.Elvis couldnt have been faithfull to any woman.It's good to be the king;)

Donut
06-20-2009, 01:39 PM
You can blame Elvis, and not Priscilla, all you like, but the fact is it takes two people for a marriage to fail.

You are right May. I can't excuse Elvis behavior but it seems she was just like him and the only difference is she waited for the right moment to show her true self. You can't criticise someone for doing something you also did! To her it seems like her reasons were more justifiable than his but maybe he was as unhappy with her as she says she was with him.

Donut
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Ive always found the debate about who cheated first very amusing and telling.Everybody has a right to their own views.I just always think it's funny when Elvis is depicted as a faithfull doting husband.Betrayed by his cheating wife.Im sorry but it's just so absurd.

That's true jak, I agree with you. Even if you are not married yet you expect a little of respect and consideration from the person you are romantically involved. But I think it's not fair to always to bring up Elvis' unfaithfulness and forget Priscilla was unfaithful too, it doesn't matter who cheated first.

utmom2008
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Ive always found the debate about who cheated first very amusing and telling.Everybody has a right to their own views.I just always think it's funny when Elvis is depicted as a faithfull doting husband.Betrayed by his cheating wife.Im sorry but it's just so absurd.Elvis may have been the king of rock.The king of husbands he was not.To think he changed his ways while he was comitted to her is just not the case.Elvis had far to many temptations.He also left behind a terrible track record.Just ask Linda Thompson.Elvis couldnt have been faithfull to any woman.It's good to be the king;)

Great post Jak. Highly entertaining, but oh so true!;);):lol:(y)

utmom2008
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
But I think it's not fair to always to bring up Elvis' unfaithfulness and forget Priscilla was unfaithful too, it doesn't matter who cheated first.

http://smiley.net.ru/talyes014.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/talyes1.htm)

May
06-20-2009, 08:26 PM
You are right May. I can't excuse Elvis behavior but it seems she was just like him and the only difference is she waited for the right moment to show her true self. You can't criticise someone for doing something you also did! To her it seems like her reasons were more justifiable than his but maybe he was as unhappy with her as she says she was with him.

Thank you Donut. :cheers:

Merry
06-20-2009, 08:42 PM

Well, maybe he would have, you just don't know!

May
06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Very true Jess. Who really knows.

Merry
06-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Very true Jess. Who really knows.

Thank you, honey :hug: :D

Merry
06-20-2009, 10:17 PM
I would really like to know, and with all respect.

Who here, is perfect?

Who hasn't made mistakes or reacted strongly?

I just don't understand, that unless one is perfect, that they can pull others apart. We have too many bad circumstances in the world, too much dishonesty, too much lieing, all coming down to money!

All we have is our own honour; we need to love, to reach out to others and love them.

This is what we should be doing. Loving.

Please consider, please!

jasmine123456
06-20-2009, 10:30 PM
People forgot the basics here:

Elvis was not a normal man - he was/is Elvis. How many women want to marry Elvis?

If you really , truley love Elvis, after he MARRIED you, will you cheat on him for another man?

I certainly wont. No matter what. as long as he says he loves me.

Of course in other case: If Elvis won't love you, there will be nothing to talk about.

KPM
06-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Boy you took the hammer and hit the nail solidly into.... fact.;):D

jak
06-21-2009, 12:02 AM

Interesting post.I just tend to think that Elvis' reasons for being unhappy with her were probably selfish on his part.I think Elvis wanted a gorgeous wife who knew her place and didnt get out of line.He wanted the family waiting at home while he enjoyed the temptations that were readily available.Im sure Elvis was old fashioned when it came to his wife's role.Priscilla may have actually thought Elvis might have been different.Youre right about it doesnt really matter who did what.The end result was the same.Let's be honest though.Elvis had it coming to him

jak
06-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Great post Jak. Highly entertaining, but oh so true!;);):lol:(y)

Thank you Rosanne.Im not knocking Elvis either.It was just his nature.Im sure anybody in his position would have trouble staying faithfull.Im sure the women throwing themselves at him was a huge ego trip.He lived the rock and roll lifestyle.Thats part of the fascination we have with Elvis I think.He comes across as this shy almost childlike guy.Seemingly innocent if you will.Yet he was the worlds biggest star and he lived like it.He also enjoyed all the benefits of it.

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 12:54 AM
It's good to be the king;)

He comes across as this shy almost childlike guy.Seemingly innocent if you will.Yet he was the worlds biggest star and he lived like it.He also enjoyed all the benefits of it.

We need to remember the immortal words of "Forrest Gump"........"that handsome young man went and had himself a heart attack, must be hard being a King."
;) http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0064.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth2.htm)

Donut
06-21-2009, 12:56 AM
:laughing:(y)

Merry
06-21-2009, 01:09 AM
.Im sure anybody in his position would have trouble staying faithfull.Im sure the women throwing themselves at him was a huge ego trip.He lived the rock and roll lifestyle.Thats part of the fascination we have with Elvis I think.He comes across as this shy almost childlike guy.Seemingly innocent if you will.Yet he was the worlds biggest star and he lived like it.He also enjoyed all the benefits of it.

Thank you Jak for your honesty, it is very true. I don't know about the ego trip, as I'm not a man; however, with the situation that Elvis was in, it would have been difficult to resist, to say the least (from what I have been told as how it is to be in that position...lol..). Hmmm then I wonder if there was the right woman...

Please also remember, that Elvis had a lot of female friends, nothing wrong with that, at all.

However, he didn't have a woman that was for him, totally, in his own mind, his situation was stressful, empathy and understanding is how we should think, as fellow human beings, and I'm so glad to read what you have written.

There was a lot of hurt, and circumstances, circumstances, circumstances. We all only want to be loved, it's a basic need. Someone who compliments us, who makes it alright. Quite simple to say, but perhaps not that simple to find, with the circumstances, given.

We aren't in Elvis' shoes, none of us could possibly touch on how it felt, so how can we possibly know, or judge, if not in that position?

Most have someone who is totally for them, imagine how it would be, without your significant other?

Donut
06-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Interesting post.I just tend to think that Elvis' reasons for being unhappy with her were probably selfish on his part.I think Elvis wanted a gorgeous wife who knew her place and didnt get out of line.He wanted the family waiting at home while he enjoyed the temptations that were readily available.Im sure Elvis was old fashioned when it came to his wife's role.Priscilla may have actually thought Elvis might have been different.Youre right about it doesnt really matter who did what.The end result was the same.Let's be honest though.Elvis had it coming to him

Sure, I can see what you are saying and I agree with you but I also think he didn't feel so deeply about her as to make the marriage work.

Merry
06-21-2009, 01:23 AM
People forgot the basics here:

Elvis was not a normal man - he was/is Elvis. How many women want to marry Elvis?

If you really , truley love Elvis, after he MARRIED you, will you cheat on him for another man?

I certainly wont. No matter what. as long as he says he loves me.

Of course in other case: If Elvis won't love you, there will be nothing to talk about.

A loving post, honey, and I loved reading your words.

My question is how many women want to marry or be with an image?

People joking, throw away joking lines of wanting to sleep with Elvis when they are in a relationship, then he is judged..

Elvis was a good man, a thoughtful man, a man who loved his mother dearly, and learned many wonderful lessons from a lady who cared deeply for others. Everyone loved her, there was a lot to learn. I know what it is like to have someone like that, as I did, too.

Perhaps Elvis was looking for a woman who had Mrs Presley's wonderful traits, plus other traits, all rolled up into one and didn't find her?

Some women who were throwing themselves at Elvis may have been conniving, although I'm sure he was good at seeing through it.

It takes love and a connection and trust.

It's sad how people can be, they care about appearances.

Some of us just care about the person..

jasmine123456
06-21-2009, 02:06 AM
A loving post, honey, and I loved reading your words.

My question is how many women want to marry or be with an image?

People joking, throw away joking lines of wanting to sleep with Elvis when they are in a relationship, then he is judged..

Elvis was a good man, a thoughtful man, a man who loved his mother dearly, and learned many wonderful lessons from a lady who cared deeply for others. Everyone loved her, there was a lot to learn. I know what it is like to have someone like that, as I did, too.

Perhaps Elvis was looking for a woman who had Mrs Presley's wonderful traits, plus other traits, all rolled up into one and didn't find her?

Some women who were throwing themselves at Elvis may have been conniving, although I'm sure he was good at seeing through it.

It takes love and a connection and trust.

It's sad how people can be, they care about appearances.

Some of us just care about the person..

:supriced:

I agree with you. from what I read, it is true. Elvis was a wonderful wonderful man. That is the basics people should know. he was not about sex, although appear to be for some people..Elvis is about love.

And no matter what things may appear to be - I'll stand firm on Elvis side because I think I know him.

Merry
06-21-2009, 02:49 AM
:supriced:

I agree with you. from what I read, it is true. Elvis was a wonderful wonderful man. That is the basics people should know. he was not about sex, although appear to be for some people..Elvis is about love.

And no matter what things may appear to be - I'll stand firm on Elvis side because I think I know him.

I am beside you. :)

I'LLRememberYou
06-21-2009, 05:57 AM
I would really like to know, and with all respect.

Who here, is perfect?

Who hasn't made mistakes or reacted strongly?

I just don't understand, that unless one is perfect, that they can pull others apart. We have too many bad circumstances in the world, too much dishonesty, too much lieing, all coming down to money!

All we have is our own honour; we need to love, to reach out to others and love them.

This is what we should be doing. Loving.

Please consider, please!

Very true Kim. :hug:

Luana.

debtdbruno
06-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Great post Jak, very true

Deb

jak
06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Sure, I can see what you are saying and I agree with you but I also think he didn't feel so deeply about her as to make the marriage work.

I dont think Elvis could have made any marriage work.No matter who it was.With Priscilla he shared the bond of having a child.I have always believed that Elvis and her were meant to be together.I also believe he would have taken her back at any time with open arms.To me it was Elvis' inabilty to live his life in a more conventional fashion.For whatever reason I dont think he could exercise any restraint over his behaviour.In other words I dont think he could help hurting the ones he loved.You either accepted it or left.I have always given Priscilla credit for being able to leave Elvis.Walking away from a guy like Elvis wouldnt be easy.

jak
06-21-2009, 03:49 PM
"Thank you Jak for your honesty, it is very true. I don't know about the ego trip, as I'm not a man; however, with the situation that Elvis was in, it would have been difficult to resist, to say the least (from what I have been told as how it is to be in that position...lol..)."

Trust me on this one.Having women throw themselves at you is a major ego trip.Any man that would say otherwise isnt being honest.I just try to deal with it as best I can;)

Donut
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Having women throw themselves at you is a major ego trip.Any man that would say otherwise isnt being honest.I just try to deal with it as best I can;)

That's not only a man's matter, everybody enjoys the opposite gender's attention. But anyway, I don't think Elvis wanted to fight temptation and his love affairs were only his choice. He usually went after the women he was with and no one could get to him if he didn't want to.

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Trust me on this one.Having women throw themselves at you is a major ego trip.Any man that would say otherwise isnt being honest.I just try to deal with it as best I can;)

:lol: It's soooo goos to have you back Jak!! I have missed your humor!(y)(y)

jak
06-21-2009, 07:07 PM
:lol: It's soooo goos to have you back Jak!! I have missed your humor!(y)(y)

Who was joking?

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Who was joking?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Who was joking?

Some of the newer members are not aware that they are dealing with a real Casanova.;);)

http://smiley.net.ru/lovflo112.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovflo4.htm) http://smiley.net.ru/lovhug001.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/lovhug1.htm)

Donut
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Who was joking?

:lol: You should have told us before, jak. It would have spare me a lot of useless posts.

utmom2008
06-21-2009, 07:37 PM
:lol: You should have told us before, jak. It would have spare me a lot of useless posts.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

KPM
06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
"Thank you Jak for your honesty, it is very true. I don't know about the ego trip, as I'm not a man; however, with the situation that Elvis was in, it would have been difficult to resist, to say the least (from what I have been told as how it is to be in that position...lol..)."

I have to agree with that, I also try to deal with it the best I can.
Just a few days ago I had a couple of babes on the corner giving me the once over as I walked across the street-they started to follow me quickly and might have caught me if they had not got their canes tangled in the rush.:D:D

utmom2008
06-22-2009, 10:05 PM
[/B]
Just a few days ago I had a couple of babes on the corner giving me the once over as I walked across the street-they started to follow me quickly and might have caught me if they had not got their canes tangled in the rush.:D:D

http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo208.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo6.htm) http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo206.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/bigemo6.htm)

debtdbruno
06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
[/B]

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao:

jak
06-23-2009, 01:19 AM
[/B]

Maybe you and I should form a support group for guys like us?People just dont understand what we go through everyday.

utmom2008
06-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Maybe you and I should form a support group for guys like us?People just dont understand what we go through everyday.

You poor guys...what a sad situation.

http://smiley.net.ru/talpla032.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/talpla1.htm) http://smiley.net.ru/talpla008.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/talpla1.htm)

MissyM
06-23-2009, 01:55 PM
And what makes anyone think that Priscilla was great at resisting temptation. I don't think she's been faithful to any man "she's" ever been with. She has a bad track record too.
That's why I don't buy into her excuses of "she was lonely" and all. So she was with every man she's been with??? Ok then.

Elvis wasn't the only serial cheater personality in that marriage.

Teddy
06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
So do we think that Elvis was a good choice for Priscilla? :hmm:

Erhan
06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
They divorced remember this is nonsense question. They cheated each other
He never love her despite he found himself very deep depression it was not about divorce it's because She left him for Mike Stone That hurt his man's ego.
Priscilla was worst thing in Elvis life. Even worst then movie songs.

YouTube - ELVIS You Gave Me A Mountain ( Extraordinary Version) YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (Sex) - Fantastic Sound YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (New Sound)

jasmine123456
06-23-2009, 02:56 PM
They divorced remember this is nonsense question. They cheated each other
He never love her despite he found himself very deep depression it was not about divorce it's because She left him for Mike Stone That hurt his man's ego.
Priscilla was worst thing in Elvis life. Even worst then movie songs.

YouTube - ELVIS You Gave Me A Mountain ( Extraordinary Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tGoVHbG4Qg) YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (Sex) - Fantastic Sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3OOUBT410) YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (New Sound) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ahx7118H4)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

jak
06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
"She has a bad track record too"

Monkey See Monkey Do
When In Rome

jak
06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
"Priscilla was worst thing in Elvis life"

Drugs have that distinction.

May
06-23-2009, 06:17 PM
And what makes anyone think that Priscilla was great at resisting temptation. I don't think she's been faithful to any man "she's" ever been with. She has a bad track record too.
That's why I don't buy into her excuses of "she was lonely" and all. So she was with every man she's been with??? Ok then.

Elvis wasn't the only serial cheater personality in that marriage.

Ive never thought about it that way Missy. You're right though. Waht about Marco though? We don't know she cheated on him. We don't even know what they split up over, do we?

Teddy
06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
We don't even know what they split up over, do we?

Me http://smiley.net.ru/misanm0169.gif (http://smiley.net.ru/misanm5.htm)

Erhan
06-23-2009, 07:30 PM
"Priscilla was worst thing in Elvis life"

Drugs have that distinction.

Increasing Drug Abuse was RESULT...

YouTube - ELVIS You Gave Me A Mountain ( Extraordinary Version) YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (Sex) - Fantastic Sound YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (New Sound)

jak
06-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Increasing Drug Abuse was RESULT...

Elvis was already hooked by the time she arrived on the scene.We cant blame her for the drugs.

Erhan
06-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Elvis was already hooked by the time she arrived on the scene.We cant blame her for the drugs.

Where and When did he start taking drugs?
Where and When did he met Priscilla?

jak
06-24-2009, 03:25 PM

Surely you dont think a 14 year old Priscilla influenced Elvis to take drugs?Elvis got hooked in the army as we all know.Elvis obviously enjoyed them very much.He was carrying around his PDR book in no time.He chose to indulge and let it spiral out of control.I see absolutely no evidence that his former wife contributed to his drug use.To put any of that blame on her is just unfair.It's all on Elvis' shoulders.

Erhan
06-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Surely you dont think a 14 year old Priscilla influenced Elvis to take drugs?Elvis got hooked in the army as we all know.Elvis obviously enjoyed them very much.He was carrying around his PDR book in no time.He chose to indulge and let it spiral out of control.I see absolutely no evidence that his former wife contributed to his drug use.To put any of that blame on her is just unfair.It's all on Elvis' shoulders.

When you miss the main point same time you find the truth "Was Priscilla a good choice for Elvis?
14 years old girl can't help someone so can't change Elvis Life. He needed someone guide him tenderly He needed more intelligent woman
she knew elvis life till the begining she always blame MM and his lifestyle
She had to left ELVIS when she had no chose (When M.M. and ELVIS realized that She cheated him with Mike Stone.)

After She left him His Drug use become heavier and dangerous every fun notice that.

West brothers, Dave Hebler and Linda were bigest fighters about his drugs habits but they lost it was too late. How do you protect a man from himself?
YouTube - ELVIS What Happened?

Elvis's lifestyle and drug abuse of coures his chose we can't blame on anyone except him but if Priscilla was the good choice he may live longer IMHO (I said may)

jasmine123456
06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
When you miss the main point same time you find the truth "Was Priscilla a good choice for Elvis?
14 years old girl can't help someone so can't change Elvis Life. He needed someone guide him tenderly He needed more intelligent woman
she knew elvis life till the begining she always blame MM and his lifestyle
She had to left ELVIS when she had no chose (When M.M. and ELVIS realized that She cheated him with Mike Stone.)

After She left him His Drug use become heavier and dangerous every fun notice that.

West brothers, Dave Hebler and Linda were bigest fighters about his drugs habits but they lost it was too late. How do you protect a man from himself?
YouTube - ELVIS What Happened? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkWds8YuCAU)

Elvis's lifestyle and drug abuse of coures his chose we can't blame on antone except him but if Priscilla was the good choice he may live longer IMHO (I said may)

YouTube - ELVIS You Gave Me A Mountain ( Extraordinary Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tGoVHbG4Qg) YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (Sex) - Fantastic Sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3OOUBT410) YouTube - ELVIS It's Only Love (New Sound) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ahx7118H4)

(y)(y)(y)(y)good post.

franny
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Exactly right, Jak. Elvis got hooked in the army and it just escalated over the years...

franny

jak
06-25-2009, 03:20 AM
" He needed more intelligent woman "

I think he had two very intelligent women in his life.Linda Thompson and Priscilla both fit that category.Elvis' problem was he didnt want that quality in his women IMO.If the birth of his only child didnt motivate him to curtail his escalating drug habit,no woman was going to either.Elvis was self destructive.He wasnt going to change for anyone.

shelley.m.
06-25-2009, 05:02 AM
I really don't know. She cheated on him, so maybe not a good choice after all.

Like Elvis never cheated on Priscilla? I think Elvis could have done better,when it came to choosing a wife.I guess we'll never know,will we.

debtdbruno
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
" He needed more intelligent woman "

I think he had two very intelligent women in his life.Linda Thompson and Priscilla both fit that category.Elvis' problem was he didnt want that quality in his women IMO.If the birth of his only child didnt motivate him to curtail his escalating drug habit,no woman was going to either.Elvis was self destructive.He wasnt going to change for anyone.

That is my main thought on his pill habit. He wouldn't do it for LM ,there is no way he would do it for any woman.

Deb

Brian
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I think the whole thing about Elvis drug use escalating after Priscilla left is blown out a proportion

Elvis started taking a lot more pills to keep up with his heavy performance schedule in Vegas of two shows a night that made his addiction worse and even if Priscilla would've stayed the drug problems would've been just as bad.
A lot of People say his pill problems got worse because Priscilla left when in reality he had built up such a huge tolerance to pills he had to take even more to get the same effect therefore his increased pill popping was just a natural progression rather than depression over his divorce.

KPM
06-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I think the whole thing about Elvis drug use escalating after Priscilla left is blown out a proportion

Elvis started taking a lot more pills to keep up with his heavy performance schedule in Vegas of two shows a night that made his addiction worse and even if Priscilla would've stayed the drug problems would've been just as bad.
A lot of People say his pill problems got worse because Priscilla left when in reality he had built up such a huge tolerance to pills he had to take even more to get the same effect therefore his increased pill popping was just a natural progression rather than depression over his divorce.
I agree somewhat-but Elvis was certainly depressed after his divorce-I don't know any normal person who has gone thru a divorce not to have a time of depression.
Elvis was a man of peaks and valleys-and the divorce was definitely not a peak. The marriage failed-he was a 50% partner in it so he had to feel some failure-and it did weigh on his mind,

jak
06-26-2009, 02:27 AM

Thank you for this refreshing post.Im in total agreement.Elvis worsening habit was just a natural progresion if you choose to live that lifestyle.Youre gonna get burned if you play with fire.I personally feel that people to often look for scapegoats when it comes to the negative aspects of Elvis' life.I still dont think many fans realize Elvis was an addict dating back to the early 60's.If anything getting married and having a child should have caused him to focus more on his personal life.It's unfortunate he wasnt able to realize what way he was headed.

kchick
06-26-2009, 03:18 AM
This same topic pops up about every so often. It draws peeps like it is new or something. The thing is why is that everyone always makes this same argument or question about Priscilla? Look PEOPLE, if she wasn't in his life at all, then Lisa wouldn't be here. Now thinking Elvis could have married someone else is one thing, but to even think some other woman could have just easily been Lisa's mother or been better at it is just plain sad. Now I'm no sure if I was ever a Priscilla fan in the first place, but it's beyond the normal disdain for the woman. That is on par with the people who have always made fun or blow off Elvis. So I'm guessing that alot of people who keep saying this or that about Elvis "should have married someone Ann or Anita, etc." must not want Lisa to exist since Priscilla is the one who is her mother, the only one who gave birth to her, even if Elvis is her father. So for the people who keep this up, look; the man has been gone, what is done is done, and who he did it with so quit complaining about it. We got to just live with what the choices HE and only HE made for himself while he was here.

KPM
06-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Thank you for this refreshing post.Im in total agreement.Elvis worsening habit was just a natural progresion if you choose to live that lifestyle.Youre gonna get burned if you play with fire.I personally feel that people to often look for scapegoats when it comes to the negative aspects of Elvis' life.I still dont think many fans realize Elvis was an addict dating back to the early 60's.If anything getting married and having a child should have caused him to focus more on his personal life.It's unfortunate he wasnt able to realize what way he was headed.
Yes Elvis had an addictive personality-and it affected everything he did.
It was yogurt everyday for months, pills to tan, pills to loose weight, pills to cure insomnia etc...... (if he had not had the sleep problem dating to Tupelo I think his path may have been a little better)

Everyone knows my views on addictions, and that IMO its not always just a choice like the color of your socks or your shirt.
Heredity, and childhood play a hand in it-to bring up those variables is not looking for a scapegoat. I look for reasons-of why he was-as he was. Some say its all choice and I just have to disagree. Every health questionare I have filled out in the last 30 years asks many questions on family history mental and physical:
Any history of heart disease,
Any history of HBP
Any history of stroke
Any history of liver disease
Any history of mental illness
Any history of alcoholism etc...............
Many studies show there is a link-between family heredity and all kinds of problems that we all face. I could not even get a life insurance policy in the 1977 when we were going to buy a house because I had HBP and my family had a history of heart disease-obviously someone sees a link between family genes and the health(mental and physical) of people in that family.
I have said this many times (but it bears repeating) a doctor once told me my family could be the poster children for studies showing deficiencies of certain hormones in the brain which lead to depression. I did not make this choice to have have these deficiences-nor did any of my family. But it sure runs in my family.
I did not choose my upbringing nor where I lived nor my financial situation as a child-and it all plays a part in who you are. Thats my only point in bringing this up.

Brian
06-26-2009, 08:43 AM
I agree somewhat-but Elvis was certainly depressed after his divorce-I don't know any normal person who has gone thru a divorce not to have a time of depression.
Elvis was a man of peaks and valleys-and the divorce was definitely not a peak. The marriage failed-he was a 50% partner in it so he had to feel some failure-and it did weigh on his mind,

I think he was saddened over the failure of his marriage to a certain extent but a lot fans say Elvis drug abuse increased due to his divorce from Priscilla that's just not accurate.

May
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Correct Brian!
There are a lot of fans who do not like Priscilla for a lot of different reasons, but she cannot be blamed for Elvis's drug problem. Even if he did start using drugs the date she left and not before, people have to take responsibility for themselves IMO.

Teddy
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes, it is ridiculous to make Priscilla take responsibility for Elvis's substance abuse.

Erhan
06-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Correct Brian!
There are a lot of fans who do not like Priscilla for a lot of different reasons, but she cannot be blamed for Elvis's drug problem. Even if he did start using drugs the date she left and not before, people have to take responsibility for themselves IMO.

No one blamed her for drug problem but she was not good for Elvis.

May
06-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Sorry, I thought thats what this said! :doh::doh:

Erhan
06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry, I thought thats what this said! :doh::doh:

that was the question for jak's message
When he met the drugs and same time he met the Priscilla so she was at the scene That's I tried to say.

She took his reason for living Addicts always inclined find to reason taking drugs, alcohol or cigarette.
Please watch the video belove and read my special massege at the end of the video you may understand what I mean...

YouTube - ELVIS You Gave Me A Mountain ( Extraordinary Version)

Brian
06-26-2009, 06:52 PM
No one blamed her for drug problem but she was not good for Elvis.

I wasn't specifically talking about you

it's been written many times in articles that Elvis drug abuse increased because Priscilla left him and many fans blame her for it.

Elvis drug habit would have increased anyway.

Tommy
06-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Priscilla was good for Elvis, he was not good for her. She needed more than he could give.

debtdbruno
06-26-2009, 08:02 PM

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Didn't he start taking Gladys' diet pills whilst touring in the '50's??

May
06-26-2009, 08:02 PM
first Ive heard of that one.

debtdbruno
06-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Thought they were to keep him awake when him, Scotty and Bill were touring

Tommy
06-26-2009, 08:58 PM

No, never heard of Elvis taking his mothers diet pills.

debtdbruno
06-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Diet pills are amphetamines earn't they?? Keep you awake etc...
He took them to help him lose weight doing the movies, but also he was 'wired' up too

Brian
06-26-2009, 11:59 PM
No, never heard of Elvis taking his mothers diet pills.

Lamar Fike has said this a couple of times

KPM
06-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Lamar Fike has said this a couple of times
I would say its possible he may have tried the diet pills prescribed for his mom-I have pointed out diet pills did help people lose weight and most importantly were just not considered dangerous/habit forming until the mid 1960s.
But from most all accounts he learned how well they "pepped you up" in the Army to stay awake on guard duty and out in the field.

May
06-27-2009, 11:31 AM

from programmes Ive seen about Elvis in the fifties, he didnt need anything to keep him awake whilst they were touring. He was so 'hyper' from when they came off stage they would have to walk with him up and down the road to 'wear him out' so that he could go to sleep that night.

debtdbruno
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought I had read they drove all night to get to the next 'gig'. He needed pills to keep him awake as he prefered driving. They played at the hall etc... and then got in the car and drove to next place

Sonny
06-28-2009, 07:35 PM
bs story.

Elvis was not on pills those early years, and it's a shame it is portrayed as such in the Johnny Cash movie.

My bet is, Elvis perhaps, started with uppers during his army days to stay awake on the cold nights. But from the looks of him in early and later sixties this also could be proven wrong.

Then again, this thread, is not about Elvis' medicin use is it now?

So back on topic please everyone.

May
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I thought I had read they drove all night to get to the next 'gig'. He needed pills to keep him awake as he prefered driving. They played at the hall etc... and then got in the car and drove to next place

I found the programme I saw it on. It was a documentary made in the late
80's. DJ Fontana said it. He was saying something about as they left to go on the road, Gladys told the three of them (Bill, Scotty and DJ) to take care of her baby. And they said they would. And then laughed about it as they werent much older than Elvis was! Sorry, cant remember the title of the programme.

KPM
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I found the programme I saw it on. It was a documentary made in the late
80's. DJ Fontana said it. He was saying something about as they left to go on the road, Gladys told the three of them (Bill, Scotty and DJ) to take care of her baby. And they said they would. And then laughed about it as they werent much older than Elvis was! Sorry, cant remember the title of the programme.
If you recall it please post it-I have many of the documentaries from back then on VHS that I recorded off the TV and bought.

WaterMermaid
06-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I believe that Priscilla was right for Elvis but I also feel that the lifestyle Elvis began to lead (staying out all night and sheltering Priscilla the way he did) was not conducive for her. I think she wanted to live a different style life. But I do believe they were right for each other.

May
06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
If you recall it please post it-I have many of the documentaries from back then on VHS that I recorded off the TV and bought.

I remember there were a couple of programmes, both narrated by Suzi Quattro. One was called "I Don't Sing Like Nobody", dont remember the title of the other. Im pretty sure it was on one of these. I think they came out in August 1987 for the 10 year anniversary. I only have part of both programmes on video, so can't look up the titles. Sorry.

I found it on utube. The other programme is called "Cut Me & I Bleed" (y)

Brian
06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
I remember there were a couple of programmes, both narrated by Suzi Quattro. One was called "I Don't Sing Like Nobody", dont remember the title of the other. Im pretty sure it was on one of these. I think they came out in August 1987 for the 10 year anniversary. I only have part of both programmes on video, so can't look up the titles. Sorry.

I found it on utube. The other programme is called "Cut Me & I Bleed" (y)

both of them were very good documentaries.

Erhan
06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I believe that Priscilla was right for Elvis but I also feel that the lifestyle Elvis began to lead (staying out all night and sheltering Priscilla the way he did) was not conducive for her. I think she wanted to live a different style life. But I do believe they were right for each other.

CONTRADICTORY:hmm::doh::blush:

WaterMermaid
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
CONTRADICTORY:hmm::doh::blush:

I know it's contradictory but that I feel, is how Priscilla and Elvis' lives really were. She was right for him in different circumstances.

epmoodyblue
06-29-2009, 09:37 PM
:hmm:YESshe was....pretty straight forward replyhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/th_laughter.gifno time to write long explanations(y):lol:

May
07-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Going back to the original question , I found this on another website - not talking about Elvis, just marriage in general. In short, we were attracted to our own perceptions of each other - not to each other's true selves. I thought it fitted E & P.

Brian
07-07-2009, 03:30 AM
Going back to the original question , I found this on another website - not talking about Elvis, just marriage in general. In short, we were attracted to our own perceptions of each other - not to each other's true selves. I thought it fitted E & P.

I've heard Priscilla say she was very attracted to Elvis the way he was and not just her perception of how he looked but how he actually really looked.

I don't know

I don't find Elvis attractive because i'm a man and Priscilla looks gross these days.

Priscilla has also said they also liked each other personally, in the past she blamed the Memphis mafia guys for the break up due to lack of privacy.

utmom2008
07-07-2009, 04:43 AM
I don't find Elvis attractive because i'm a man and Priscilla looks gross these days.

Are you unable to see that Elvis was a handsome man?

Brian
07-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Are you unable to see that Elvis was a handsome man?

Yes I am

people say he was handsome so I guess i'll take their word for it.

utmom2008
07-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Yes I am

That's interesting, most men(yes, hetero men) will easily acknowledge what a handsome man he was. :hmm:

jak
07-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Im a guy.Im completley straight.But let me assure you all.Elvis was one fine looking man.

May
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I've heard Priscilla say she was very attracted to Elvis the way he was and not just her perception of how he looked but how he actually really looked.

I don't know

Priscilla has also said they also liked each other personally, in the past she blamed the Memphis mafia guys for the break up due to lack of privacy.

I wasnt really talking about looks. I was talking about her perception of the person he was.
Im really surprised you cant see how good looking Elvis was. :doh: I am a hetero female but that doesnt stop me saying how pretty Priscilla was years ago (not now:blink:)

Teddy
07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes, my heterosexuality doesn't prevent me from appreciating Elvis's good looks. It's like he's superhuman- I could stare at him all day!

The thing is, particularly beautiful paintings or even certain models of guitar mesmerize me in the same way- it doesn't mean that I want to sleep with them.
I guess I just don't really feel that it's a sexuality issue. His face is almost a bigger deal than that. They should add it to Mount Rushmore. :lol:

May
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Today Teddy, (and only today mind!) .... :hug::hug:

Teddy
07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
:hug::hug::lol:

debtdbruno
07-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Maybe she fell in love with the Elvis that he was in the Army...........not the celebrity 'Elvis'. She said he had changed the first time she saw him again, when she flew to America. He was cocky, and self assured, different to when they were in Germany and he needed to talk to someone and pour out his woes about his career and Gladys. He could have made her feel important, and special, that it was 'her' that he needed to talk to.

Deb

Brian
07-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I wasnt really talking about looks. I was talking about her perception of the person he was.
Im really surprised you cant see how good looking Elvis was. :doh: I am a hetero female but that doesnt stop me saying how pretty Priscilla was years ago (not now:blink:)

I know

I mentioned personalities as well

presley31
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Elvis wasn't just handsome but he sooo sexy..don't think l ever met and seen anybody who could blow me away with looks like elvis looks could..

May
07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
I know

I mentioned personalities as well

Did you? :doh:

I was referring to this part you wrote ...... not just her perception of how he looked but how he actually really looked.

Brian
07-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Did you? :doh:

I was referring to this part you wrote ...... not just her perception of how he looked but how he actually really looked.

look at my entire post

KPM
07-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes I am

Brian you and I will have to really disagree on this-Elvis was handsome-I don't have to take anyones word on it.
I say this as a straight male (married 36 years in August)-but I can tell a handsome man from an unhandsome man. Just as I know a beautiful woman from one not so pretty.
Charisma is not something every person has and it adds to the looks of Elvis-which makes it even more apparent.
He had one of the most fantastic smiles of any person I have ever seen male or female.
I am able to see and appreciate beauty in any form male, female, animal, vegetable, mineral-beauty is everywhere.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Brian you and I will have to really disagree on this-Elvis was handsome-I don't have to take anyones word on it.
I say this as a straight male (married 36 years in August)-but I can tell a handsome man from an unhandsome man. Just as I know a beautiful woman from one not so pretty.
Charisma is not something every person has and it adds to the looks of Elvis-which makes it even more apparent.
He had one of the most fantastic smiles of any person I have ever seen male or female.
I am able to see and appreciate beauty in any form male, female, animal, vegetable, mineral-beauty is everywhere.

I totally agree, what is the problem with saying a man was handsome or good looking? Unless you feel insecure in your sexuality, I can't see a problem. Elvis was one handsome SOB, from 68-70 he was the best looking bloke on the planet.

May
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
look at my entire post

i did.
doesnt matter. We are obviously talking at crossed purposes.

May
07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I totally agree, what is the problem with saying a man was handsome or good looking? Unless you feel insecure in your sexuality, I can't see a problem. Elvis was one handsome SOB, from 68-70 he was the best looking bloke on the planet.

SO SO SO SO TRUE! (y)(y)(y)(y)

May
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM

great post!!

Brian
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
i did.
doesnt matter. We are obviously talking at crossed purposes.

We are not

I knew what you meant.

Teddy
07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Elvis was one handsome SOB, from 68-70 he was the best looking bloke on the planet.

I agree. When I see him as he looked around the '69 live return, especially when he's holding that Gibson J200, I almost get butterflies in my stomach and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :lol:(y)

Brian
07-08-2009, 06:27 PM
You know how people will make fun of Priscilla for the men she dated after she left Elvis a lot of female fans say she had very bad taste in men that she took many steps down and dated very ugly men when she was married to the most handsome man of all time Elvis Presley.

Well to be honest I can't tell much difference between Elvis and the other men Priscilla dated.
To me the only difference between Elvis and Mike Stone is that Mike was a tacky dresser and had a bad afro with much darker skin and a pudgy nose.
Where as Elvis wasn't any of those things though some of the later jumpsuits leave a lot to be desired.

When Priscilla was dating Nigel Lygoythe (AKA Nasty Nigel) I noticed he didn't have the best teeth but as far as down right handsomeness I can't tell the difference between Elvis or nigel.

I need a woman's opinion lets play a game and rank Priscilla's ex-boyfriends in terms of looks who was the most handsome. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rank the following in looks.

Elvis Presley

Mike Stone

Robert Kardashian

Eliie Ezner

Mike Edwards

Marco Garabaldi

Nigel (the So you think you can dance guy)

presley31
07-08-2009, 06:32 PM
You know how people will make fun of Priscilla for the men she dated after she left Elvis a lot of female fans say she had very bad taste in men that she took many steps down and dated very ugly men when she was married to the most handsome man of all time Elvis Presley.

Well to be honest I can't tell much difference between Elvis and the other men Priscilla dated.
To me the only difference between Elvis and Mike Stone is that Mike was a tacky dresser and had a bad afro with much darker skin and a pudgy nose.
Where as Elvis wasn't any of those things though some of the later jumpsuits leave a lot to be desired.

When Priscilla was dating Nigel Lygoythe (AKA Nasty Nigel) I noticed he didn't have the best teeth but as far as down right handsomeness I can't tell the difference between Elvis or nigel.

I need a woman's opinion lets play a game and rank Priscilla's ex-boyfriends in terms of looks who was the most handsome. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rank the following in looks.

Elvis Presley

Mike Stone

Robert Kardashian

Eliie Ezner

Mike Edwards

Marco Garabaldi

Can't rank them brian..l think they weren't all that good looking at all and the only person who l could rank with goodlooking would be elvis.

Teddy
07-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Now I know you can't be serious!! :lmfao:

Brian
07-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Now I know you can't be serious!!

I am serious

I do not find men handsome at all they are all the same to me.

perhaps I was born with a deficientcy of some sort but be that as it is i just can't tell the difference.

Teddy
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Nobody is going to judge you, Brian! Don't sweat it! :lol:

franny
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rank the following in looks.

Elvis Presley

Mike Stone

Robert Kardashian

Eliie Ezner

Mike Edwards

Marco Garabaldi

Brian, I hope you're joking :lol: Rank them? :lmfao:
Sorry, but that made me laugh (y)

franny

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Brian, I hope you're joking :lol: Rank them? :lmfao:
Sorry, but that made me laugh (y)

franny

Oh so you are one of the one's who make fun of Priscilla's taste in men

Well was Mike Edwards ugly he was suppose to be a top male model a long time ago when he was with Priscilla.

Is Marco Garabaldi ugly?

Is Robert Kardashian?

Would Mike Stone really get a zero?

I mean come on aren't you being a little harsh on Priscilla?

If someone wanted me to rank the women Elvis dated in terms of looks I would.
I would enjoy doing it because it would be fun.

Some of the women Elvis dated were ugh

franny
07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh so you are one of the one's who make fun of Priscilla's taste in men

Well was Mike Edwards ugly he was suppose to be a top male model a long time ago when he was with Priscilla.

Is Marco Garabaldi ugly

Is Robert Kardashian

Would Mike Stone really get a zero

I mean come on aren't you being a little harsh on Priscilla.

No, I was laughing at your question to rank them...that's all :lmfao:
Thanks, for the laugh (y)

franny

Teddy
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
I obviously loathe every single man in that list on a deep-seated, spiritual level, but as a transparently heterosexual bear, married with a cub but unafraid to acknowledge the aesthetic merits of some men, I would say that....

Edw*rds is better looking than St*ne...
Garib*ldi is better looking than Nasty N*gel...
And Elvis is so much better looking than all of them that it doesn't even need mentioning!

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
No, I was laughing at your question to rank them...that's all :lmfao:
Thanks, for the laugh (y)

franny

I think some people on this board have the out of control giggles

What they find funny I don't but to each is own.

What's so funny about ranking them

I know Elvis would be #1 bu how would the others rank.

I'm just curious.

presley31
07-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I think some people on this board have the out of control giggles

What they find funny I don't but to each is own.

What's so funny about ranking them

I know Elvis would be #1 bu how would the others rank.

I'm just curious.

If your looking for ture honest ranks than your on the wrong forum for that cause everyone going to choose elvis and the rest of the guys well l'am guessing you can see what going to be said there.

franny
07-08-2009, 07:21 PM
If your looking for ture honest ranks than your on the wrong forum for that cause everyone going to choose elvis and the rest of the guys well l'am guessing you can see what going to be said there.

Right, Jen. (y) Plus, ranking them is off-topic. ;)

franny

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:24 PM

So you don't find Robert Kardashian, Mike Edwards or Marco Garabaldi handsome?

don't compare them to Elvis just in your opinion are any of those men handsome

presley31
07-08-2009, 07:31 PM
So you don't find Robert Kardashian, Mike Edwards or Marco Garabaldi handsome?

don't compare them to Elvis just in your opinion are any of those men handsome

Nope not at all and plus this isn't something l enjoy talking about on a elvis forum..after all he is the reason l'am here not priscilla exes.

debtdbruno
07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I obviously loathe every single man in that list on a deep-seated, spiritual level, but as a transparently heterosexual bear, married with a cub but unafraid to acknowledge the aesthetic merits of some men, I would say that....

Edw*rds is better looking than St*ne...
Garib*ldi is better looking than Nasty N*gel...
And Elvis is so much better looking than all of them that it doesn't even need mentioning!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Nope not at all and plus this isn't something l enjoy talking about on a elvis forum..after all he is the reason l'am here not priscilla exes.

Everybody likes talking about Priscilla on this board and you have joined in on a lot of these topics

since i've been here this is the 9,000 Priscilla thread this board has had.

Someone else started this thread about Priscilla and within the confides of this thread it's on topic.

Elvis, Priscilla, Colonel Parker they are all connected to him

I asked that in your opinion how would you rank all of Priscilla's boyfriends in terms of looks on a scale of one to ten Elvis included so it's on topic.

If someone asked me I'd do it if I could it's no big deal.

FYI not everyone thinks Elvis was that handsome

If you google Elvis and Brad Pitt in the search engine you will find a site where women say Elvis wasn't that handsome or Brad Pitt was the better looking of the two.

rhythmknights
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
first let me say, that i haven't read all 12 pages, i just wasn't in the mood, but i was curious about where this thread had gone. Brian - i'll rate the guys, but i had to look most of them up first.:blush:

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrities/people/dating/priscilla-presley.htm

wow - Kardashian & ewards were almost identical - IMO!. And yeah, they were good looking.
Richard Gere - are you kidding me? even now he's good looking - didn't know he dated Pris.
stone? ImO, not so much, his personality would have to be really good, but i would imagine his body was an eye-catcher if women were into great abs,etc.
Nigel - no, if i'd met him at LaDiosa [our local pub], i wouldn't have made eye contact!
Garibaldi - oh yeah, he's an eye catcher.

you didn't ask about rating ELVIS in your last post - IMO - there's none that compare - he was just fine! had to put that in!:D

presley31
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Everybody likes talking about Priscilla on this board and you have joined in on a lot of these topics

since i've been here this is the 9,000 Priscilla thread this board has had.

Someone else started this thread about Priscilla and within the confides of this thread it's on topic.

Elvis, Priscilla, Colonel Parker they are all connected to him

I asked that in your opinion how would you rank all of Priscilla's boyfriends in terms of looks on a scale of one to ten Elvis included so it's on topic.

If someone asked me I'd do it if I could it's no big deal.

FYI not everyone thinks Elvis was that handsome

If you google Elvis and Brad Pitt in the search engine you will find a site where women say Elvis wasn't that handsome or Brad Pitt was the better looking of the two.

I think l made myself very clear brian..time to move on. FYI yes l did post alot of stuff about priscilla but since l was going for quite along time l choose to keep my thoughts to myself and not going to rank priscilla's man.

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
I think l made myself very clear brian..time to move on. FYI yes l did post alot of stuff about priscilla but since l was going for quite along time l choose to keep my thoughts to myself and not going to rank priscilla's man.

Well since you answered my question earlier......

You make a big deal out of nothing.

presley31
07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Well since you answered my question earlier......

You make a big deal out of nothing.

Move on brian..cause this is my last post to you on this subject.

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
first let me say, that i haven't read all 12 pages, i just wasn't in the mood, but i was curious about where this thread had gone. Brian - i'll rate the guys, but i had to look most of them up first.:blush:

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrities/people/dating/priscilla-presley.htm

wow - Kardashian & ewards were almost identical - IMO!. And yeah, they were good looking.
Richard Gere - are you kidding me? even now he's good looking - didn't know he dated Pris.
stone? ImO, not so much, his personality would have to be really good, but i would imagine his body was an eye-catcher if women were into great abs,etc.
Nigel - no, if i'd met him at LaDiosa [our local pub], i wouldn't have made eye contact!
Garibaldi - oh yeah, he's an eye catcher.

you didn't ask about rating ELVIS in your last post - IMO - there's none that compare - he was just fine! had to put that in!:D

Some of the information of Who's dated who is not correct.

I don't think Priscilla dated Richard Gere.

Brian
07-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Move on brian..cause this is my last post to you on this subject.

If I want to talk about blue fairies and Elvis

I will

debtdbruno
07-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Hopefully we are not so shallow that we can't understand it is not always about looks. Mike Stone to me is nothing to look at, presumably she saw something in him that was personality driven, maybe he was hot in the bedroom!! Or he could have been the escape she needed to get out.
Nigel is..........words fail me.LOL

Brian
07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Hopefully we are not so shallow that we can't understand it is not always about looks. Mike Stone to me is nothing to look at, presumably she saw something in him that was personality driven, maybe he was hot in the bedroom!! Or he could have been the escape she needed to get out.
Nigel is..........words fail me.LOL

That's it Priscilla has said he was just a way out of the marriage for her

Priscilla said in both of the Ladies Home Journal interviews she did in 73 and 74 that she thought Stone was very handsome.