PDA

View Full Version : Joan Crawford & Elvis Presley

SunStudios54
04-18-2009, 05:24 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/15gp75k.jpg

Many of you know the Glamorous and Gorgeous Joan Crawford. She was dedicated to her fans just as Elvis was.She would reply to them and thank them with her famous letters.

I was on a Crawford sight and I found this letter that Joan wrote to Elvis on March 15, 1967
http://i40.tinypic.com/2z891sm.jpg
Joan wrote Elvis a letter in March 1967, thanking him for his, and Colonel Tom Parker's, kindness and mentioning that Parker had given her an Elvis album (and the use of Elvis's golf-cart while she was on the MGM set filming The Man from UNCLE).

I Wish Elvis and Joan would have met and taken pictures together. Does anyone know of or have seen photos of Joan on E's golf cart?
The Article of Joan Crawford & Elvis Presley

http://i42.tinypic.com/4s042e.jpghttp://i42.tinypic.com/1ztdw2.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/2j604d3.jpg

GraceeD1970
04-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Very interesting letter indeed. Oh how kind and gracious she could be, but she had a very dark and disturbing side.

Getlo
04-19-2009, 03:25 AM
"NO WIRE HANGERS EVER !!!"

shelley.m.
04-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Joan was probably no worse then Bing Crosby ever was.

Getlo
04-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Vicious and mentally ill, the both of them.

midnight
04-19-2009, 03:56 AM
It is difficult to look at them and not think about what they did to their kids.

shelley.m.
04-19-2009, 04:00 AM
You are so right,Kim.It's too sad.

midnight
04-19-2009, 04:02 AM
You are so right,Kim.It's too sad.

Very sad indeed. Like Getlo said they must of had some mental issues.

shelley.m.
04-19-2009, 04:06 AM
I was just wondering if they as children were abused by their parents?

Brian
04-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Does anyone know for sure that Joan Crawford was really mean and abusive to her children?

The movie Mommie Dearest was based on Ms.Crawford's adopted daughter Christine's book but Joan Crawford's other children dispute many of the claims in it.

midnight
04-19-2009, 04:17 AM
I was just wondering if they as children were abused by their parents?

I would say that is the case but I have never really read a biography on either one of them.

shelley.m.
04-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Brian,I don't really know about Joan Crawford's situation.I have an old magazine that has a story in it by Gary Crosby,it didn't paint a pretty picture about his famous dad.After reading that story,it changed my mind about Bing Crosby.I wonder if he abused the children he had with Cathy Crosby?

Brian
04-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Brian,I don't really know about Joan Crawford's situation.I have an old magazine that has a story in it by Gary Crosby,it didn't paint a pretty picture about his famous dad.After reading that story,it changed my mind about Bing Crosby.I wonder if he abused the children he had with Cathy Crosby?

I think Gary Crosby and Bing had problems

Bing Crosby's kids from his second marriage say he was a good father

Bing did leave his kids from his first marriage out of his will so that might be why Gary wrote that book to make money and talked about him in interviews like that

I think Gary ended up commiting suicide a few years ago as did one of Bing's other sons from his first marriage. very sad

Patricia Fonseca
04-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Very sad what they no leave nothing of his heridity to his sons despite of all they was his sons.(n) Believe what one of them sons of Bing Crosby work with Elvis in ones of his movies believe what was Girl Happy.:hmm:

Elton
04-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I wonder which ELvis album Paker gave Joan?

SunStudios54
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know for sure that Joan Crawford was really mean and abusive to her children?

The movie Mommie Dearest was based on Ms.Crawford's adopted daughter Christine's book but Joan Crawford's other children dispute many of the claims in it.

Joan did NOT beat her children...i read a book on Joan and i can't STAND Christina crawford...she was disgusting to her mother and EXTREMELY spoiled. Joan was beat by her mom, thrown down TWO flights of stairs and beat with a broom by her principal (way more than once) and may have been raped as a child by a step father...and she was completely against beating but was all for discipline. The image she has today is very sad because she was a great person and i hate to think of how Christina got the public against her mother. I think christina was mad at her mom because of the fact the she left her money to the twins and not her.

SunStudios54
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
"NO WIRE HANGERS EVER !!!"

Christina later in life said that the wire hangers was an exaggeration and it never happened.

shelley.m.
04-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Gary passed away from cancer.It was Lindsey and one of the twins,that killed themselves.I know that all the boys have issues with their dad but it was Gary that had the most problems with Bing.

elvislady
04-19-2009, 08:07 PM
This is knew to me i didnt know this sort of thing went on in the world of entertainment... how very naive of me!
elvislady;);););)

KPM
04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I think Gary Crosby and Bing had problems

Bing Crosby's kids from his second marriage say he was a good father

Bing did leave his kids from his first marriage out of his will so that might be why Gary wrote that book to make money and talked about him in interviews like that

I think Gary ended up commiting suicide a few years ago as did one of Bing's other sons from his first marriage. very sad
No Gary died of lung cancer, but Bings twin boys, Lindsey and Dennis, both shot themselves to death. They backed up Garys story.
Bings second family with actress Kathryn Grant was a much happier family (including Mary Crosby who was the one who shot JR Ewing on Dallas) they have not made any claims of the things Gary did.
A niece wrote a book in 2006 trying to give another side to the story of Bing and his life with Gary, Dennis and Lindsey.

RustyWells
04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Also Denise Crosby from "ST Next Generation and Pet Semetary" is Bing Crosby's grand daughter, she's Dennis's daughter..A little off topic I know :)

As for Joan Crawford, never was much of a fan of hers, maybe it's because she and Bette Davis were such bitter enemies (Bette is my fav actress) as for the mommy dearest book, who knows it might have happened. From stories I have read about her in various articles about her work on set, she could be a vicious woman when she lost her temper and very jealous when she doesn't get attention but I have to her credit. She is a good actress...