PDA

View Full Version : Banner Picture - Date??

Tony Trout
04-05-2009, 08:56 PM
What date is the picture from that is on the TCB-World banner of Elvis in the "Red Matador"/"Red Lion" suit from? I know it's from the April 1972 tour but - I've always wondered what the date was that the pic was taken?

javierTCB
04-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Tony, according Joseph A. Tunzi in his photo book "Elvis: The Documentaries, TTWII & EOT" (2005), page 91, this photo was taken in April 15, 1972, Macon, Georgia, evening show. I always thought it was April 18 in San Antonio, but I was wrong. :supriced:

Tony Trout
04-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Tony, according Joseph A. Tunzi in his photo book "Elvis: The Documentaries, TTWII & EOT" (2005), page 91, this photo was taken in April 15, 1972, Macon, Georgia, evening show. I always thought it was April 18 in San Antonio, but I was wrong. :supriced:

Yeah, that's definitely not San Antonio, TX on the 18th because his hair stayed almost exactly the same all the way through that particular concert. Is Joe's book still findable anywhere? I don't have ANY of his books at all.....

Thanks for answering, Javier. :)

utmom2008
04-06-2009, 04:16 AM
That's definitely not San Antonio, TX on the 18th because his hair stayed almost exactly the same all the way through that particular concert.

:supriced:His hair always got sweaty and messy, how can you tell?:supriced::lol::lol:

Leroy
04-06-2009, 05:21 AM
In San Antonio his hair was shorter and styled in a different way. And yes... the picture is from the 8:30 pm show in Macon.

TotallyInsane
04-06-2009, 06:21 AM
I was at that show on 4/18/72 in San Antonio! I couldn't tell you what his hair looked like though - we were way up at the top!!

Tony Trout
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
:supriced:His hair always got sweaty and messy, how can you tell?:supriced::lol::lol:

Rosie,

Take a look at the footage from San Antonio in EOT when he first comes on the stage and if you have the "Elvis On Tour: Through My Eyes" DVD set, take a look at the opening song then look at EOT where he's about to leave the stage. His hair is messed up but it's nearly identical to what it was at the beginning of the concert - which I've always found strange because, as you say, his hair was always messed up by the end of a show.

Gail: That's so cool that you were at the show in San Antonio, TX! What were your impressions of this show? This show is one of my favorites from EOT!

I'm jealous! :supriced::P

javierTCB
04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, that's definitely not San Antonio, TX on the 18th because his hair stayed almost exactly the same all the way through that particular concert. Is Joe's book still findable anywhere? I don't have ANY of his books at all.....

Thanks for answering, Javier. :)

yw friend (y)