PDA

View Full Version : The Sun Version of Tiger Man

italianfan
02-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Iv heard a rumor that Elvis recorded Tiger Man when he was at Sun, but its been lost along the way.

I was thinking that, and it might be a bit far fetched, that Elvis sung this song along with Mystery Train on several ocassions, and MT was a recorded sun. Could this be a Sun medley?

What do you think, is there a chance that Tiger Man was recorded at Sun?

poormansgold
02-20-2009, 08:23 PM
It's More Rumor Right now , I Got A Woman Was Recorded At Sun, It Lost For Good .
Tom

elvispresleytheking
02-21-2009, 03:51 AM
I heard they attempted to record it at SUn, but abandoned it until the 68 COmeback special.

Brian
02-21-2009, 05:15 AM
There is a chance it was recorded back then but I doubt it

dannyboy1
02-21-2009, 06:53 AM
This is a rumour only, based on Elvis' inaccurate onstage comments. I have never seen anything substantial to even hint that Elvis sang Tiger Man while at Sun. So unless something comes along, the greatest likelihood is that he NEVER sang it in the 1954-55 period.

Getlo
02-22-2009, 02:22 AM
This is one of the biggest Holy Grails in the Elvis world. No substantial evidence has come to light that it was formally recorded, though it wouldn't surprise me if it indeed was.

If Elvis was wrong in his on-stage comments, then how could he have been so wrong? He rehearsed it many times in the studio over the years; perhaps he mistakenly recalled that he'd recorded it.

One thing for sure: if it was recorded, it would not have been in a medley with Mystery Train.

elvispresleytheking
02-22-2009, 02:40 AM
This is one of the biggest Holy Grails in the Elvis world. No substantial evidence has come to light that it was formally recorded, though it wouldn't surprise me if it indeed was.

If Elvis was wrong in his on-stage comments, then how could he have been so wrong? He rehearsed it many times in the studio over the years; perhaps he mistakenly recalled that he'd recorded it.

One thing for sure: if it was recorded, it would not have been in a medley with Mystery Train.

Or else we would've heard it already, plus the first time performed live, it was by itself.

SleepyJack
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
The rumour has been around for a long time.... it would be amazing if this ever turned up.I imagine it would sound worlds apart from the versions we are familiar with....don`t see it being part of a medley though. Somebody should search the vaults for "Bear Cat"!!!:):)

beckelvis
02-22-2009, 05:43 PM
to be interested to listen to happiness version to see the difference

italianfan
02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. In my original post when i said medley i didnt mean it was recorded as a medley back in 55 or whatever. I ment do you think in the 70s when he sung it with mystery train, he did so because tiger man and mystery train we recorded around the same time.

javierTCB
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Iv heard a rumor that Elvis recorded Tiger Man when he was at Sun, but its been lost along the way.

I was thinking that, and it might be a bit far fetched, that Elvis sung this song along with Mystery Train on several ocassions, and MT was a recorded sun. Could this be a Sun medley?

What do you think, is there a chance that Tiger Man was recorded at Sun?

You "heard" the rumor or what "you read" in FECC forum? :hmm:

hounddog
02-23-2009, 02:42 AM
i don't have a copy of Elvis The Movie but isn't it Bear Cat that's being played as he cruises around Memphis. I also wonder if there is a version of Bear Cat floating around somewhere.

I think anything possible of what survived at Sun. I have music book thet lists, Gone, Tennesse Saturday Night, Give Me More of Your Kisses, Uncle Peen, That's the Stuff You've gotta watch and Blue Guitar as songs recorded by Elvis.

I say nothing is impossible if the acaete he recorded of My Happiness can survive maybe some of the others did.

dannyboy1
02-24-2009, 02:44 AM
The Ernst Jorgensen comments on this (that I know of) state that Ernst thinks Elvis' onstage comments were unreliable. He also says that IF "Tiger Man" was ever sung, it was probably in concert, and therefore not a Sun recording.