PDA

View Full Version : i never realized waht a beautiful song ' where do you come from' is

simmerrocks
10-28-2004, 05:29 AM
hi guy's, i was listening to a ballads compilation cd that i made a while back. and the song 'where do you come from' came on. i always liked this song but i never realized how beautiful it really is. the piano intro is almost classical, and elvis' vocal's are perfectly sung. it's a pity that it was a b side although the a side 'return to sender' still rates as one of my favorite songs of all time (y) (y) . it's nice re discovering a song and really hearing how beautiful it can be. have a good night.... simmerrocks (y) (y)

Jungleroom76
10-29-2004, 09:26 PM
EXCELLENT CALL SIMMERROCKS!!! (y)

WHERE DO YOU COME FROM is definitely one of the better movie ballads...it's a shame that it wound up being cut from the film. It would be interesting to know if the footage for this song from the movie still exists, especially since a portion of it was used in the original movie trailer! :hmm:

Another ballad which I feel is very underrated is THE GIRL I NEVER LOVED from CLAMBAKE! A beautiful song for sure, in my opinion!! (h)

TCB!
Mike

Albert
10-29-2004, 09:41 PM
It really is a great song. It has a haunting melody and is really underappreciated (like many soundtracksongs).

Rediscovering songs is the best thing that can happen to lifelong Elvisfans. It's like a treat from your own candybox. I really rediscovered the song 'Singing Tree' after I heard the versions without the harmony overdub. Fant?stic!

simmerrocks
10-29-2004, 11:02 PM
mike, i feel the same about the girl i never loved. especially the movie version. the way it starts off with the haunting string overdubs, and the way the scene was shot at night. very very pretty (y) . have a great weekend...., simmerrocks (y)

Jungleroom76
10-30-2004, 12:20 AM
mike, i feel the same about the girl i never loved. especially the movie version. the way it starts off with the haunting string overdubs, and the way the scene was shot at night. very very pretty (y) . have a great weekend...., simmerrocks (y)

RIGHT ON SIMMERROCKS!!! (y)

I agree with you 100%....it's a beautiful song when listening to it on CD, but when actually seeing it on film, the way it was shot at night with the moon in the sky....gorgeous!!! Such a BEAUTIFUL song...it's a shame it doesn't get more attention than it does!! :'(

TCB!
Mike