PDA

View Full Version : New discovery of EPE

memphisflash
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I just found out that EPE acquired the last ambulance that took Elvis to the hospital on August 16, 1977 and that they have it stored in a undisclosed facility somewhere in Memphis. But to me that sounds kinda tacky if you ask me. Why would anyone want to see the ambulance that rushed him to the hospital to try to save his life knowing he died already? I wouldn't want to be in the car museum and see that after all the other cool cars in there. It would ruin my whole experience as a fan. But I guess there are weirdos out there that would get a big kick out of seeing the ambulance on display. :hmm:

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
What is your source?:doh:

ehollier
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Without casting a doubt on this information, how and where did you learn of this news???

epmoodyblue
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I just found out that EPE acquired the last ambulance that took Elvis to the hospital on August 16, 1977 and that they have it stored in a undisclosed facility somewhere in Memphis. But to me that sounds kinda tacky if you ask me. Why would anyone want to see the ambulance that rushed him to the hospital to try to save his life knowing he died already? I wouldn't want to be in the car museum and see that after all the other cool cars in there. It would ruin my whole experience as a fan. But I guess there are weirdos out there that would get a big kick out of seeing the ambulance on display. :hmm::doh::doh::doh:EPE(n)......hope that news itsint true..because if it is....im not feelin very well aaaahhhhhhhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-shocked019.gif(n)sick

Jumpsuit Junkie
02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I find it extremely difficult to believe that EPE would go and purchase something that is so vaguely linked to Elvis. I mean who would even know which ambulance came to pick Elvis up let alone think that it added in any way to the legacy?

I think this is pure speculation without any basis in fact, EPE have made less effort to buy things that actually relate to Elvis for example why haven't they bought back Jumpsuits that have left Graceland's ownership?

epmoodyblue
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
I think this is pure speculation without any basis in fact,?agree with ur comments JJ ..pure speculation.....when that news becomes official then i will believe it..only then will i..............really http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-shocked019.giffaint

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I find it extremely difficult to believe that EPE would go and purchase something that is so vaguely linked to Elvis. I mean who would even know which ambulance came to pick Elvis up let alone think that it added in any way to the legacy?

Good point Matt. Plus, doesn't anyone think adding the ambulance to the mix is a little on the macabre side??:supriced::supriced:(n)

ehollier
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Good point Matt. Plus, doesn't anyone think adding the ambulance to the mix is a little on the macabre side??:supriced::supriced:(n)

Ya think so????????????? Just between you and me, Rosie, don't you think we have another one trying to stir it up on the MB with stuff like this?????

epmoodyblue
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Good point Matt. Plus, doesn't anyone think adding the ambulance to the mix is a little on the macabre side??:supriced::supriced:(n)def roseanne:blink::blink:i wouldint want to see it....lets suppose its true... then might as well get elvis place him in a see through glass case and put him on display:blink::blink::blink:...no thankshttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-shocked019.gif:hmm:actually this kind of idea would of probably made the colonel very happy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for hIM ELVIS WOULD LIVE ON STILL ON TOUR ON DISPLAY IN A :blink:CITY NEAR YOU(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

ehollier
02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
def roseanne:blink::blink:i wouldint want to see it....lets suppose its true... then might as well get elvis place him in a see through glass case and put him on display:blink::blink::blink:...no thankshttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-shocked019.gif:hmm:actually this kind of idea would of probably made the colonel very happy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for hIM ELVIS WOULD LIVE ON STILL ON TOUR ON DISPLAY IN A :blink:CITY NEAR YOU(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Now, this is really sick!!!!!!

epmoodyblue
02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Now, this is really sick!!!!!!yeah it is sick

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Ya think so????????????? Just between you and me, Rosie, don't you think we have another one trying to stir it up on the MB with stuff like this?????

Time will tell....;);););)

Polk-Salad-Annie
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
But I guess there are weirdos out there that would get a big kick out of seeing the ambulance on display. :hmm:
And there are a lot of them.
I don't have to see it.

It would ruin my whole experience as a fan.
Same here.

memphisflash
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I meant to put a "?" mark next to my title. Meaning that it's not confirmed by EPE. But I do have a link from where it originated from so I hope this helps. http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presley-Elvis-562/Plain-Jane-tour-bus.htm I am TOTALLY against them even purchasing it much less putting it on display someday which I hope Silverman and EPE would not stoop to that level.

KPM
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I would say "IF" and thats a big "IF" EPE has acquired it somewhere along the wayit I can see a good reason for them to do so-which would be to stop someone else from getting it, the putting it on display and selling tickets to see it. (in some car show or shopping mall.)
James Deans death car was used that way for a time until it disappeared somewhere. Many other morbid heartless people have done similar things in the past for a quick buck.
But I will go on record as saying "IF" they have it it would never be displayed-I mean really.

Lainey
02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I would say "IF" and thats a big "IF" EPE has acquired it somewhere along the wayit I can see a good reason for them to do so-which would be to stop someone else from getting it, the putting it on display and selling tickets to see it. (in some car show or shopping mall.)

I would think that could likely be the case. It would keep the curiosity seekers away.

epmoodyblue
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
But I will go on record as saying "IF" they have it it would never be displayed-I mean really.
(y)agree with u.....any news on elvis that isint official shouldint be postedhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-gen101.gif

epmoodyblue
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
If they actually display the ambulance, it is just as bad as displaying the toilet he died in.agree....:hmm:i think that ambulance from 77 no longer exists...its scrap metal gone forever (y)http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-gen101.gif just like the hearse its gone(y)

Emma
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I highly doubt EPE would be that cruel to do something like that. If its true with I doubt, I'd be ashamed of them.

Wendy56
02-04-2009, 01:59 AM
If this is true then I would definitely skip that part of the tour. :hmm: Weird. (n)

Getlo
02-04-2009, 09:36 AM
This story is rubbish, and a myth that has been around for years.

The ambulance was destroyed years ago, in a fire IIRC.

TotallyInsane
02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
This is the most ridiculous thing. Why do people constantly make this crap up?

Dino78
02-04-2009, 01:11 PM

Because it brings them their five minutes of fame.
And some money unfortunately too.

TotallyInsane
02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
This is the response from EPE regarding the ambulance:

Confirmed. We did not purchase anything remotely like that nor would we. Although we do have some fun changes in store for the car museum.
SW

Please don't post this rubbish unless you know for certain it's true!

ehollier
02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
This is the response from EPE regarding the ambulance:

Confirmed. We did not purchase anything remotely like that nor would we. Although we do have some fun changes in store for the car museum.
SW

Please don't post this rubbish unless you know for certain it's true!

Gail, did you read my post #8. I do believe that we have another one trying to 'stir' things up on the MB. I wouldn't be surprised if the member that posted this garbage made this rumor up himself. I just don't understand why 'fans' would post this sort of stuff, but thanks for getting us the offiical word from EPE.

TotallyInsane
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Gail, did you read my post #8. I do believe that we have another one trying to 'stir' things up on the MB. I wouldn't be surprised if the member that posted this garbage made this rumor up himself. I just don't understand why 'fans' would post this sort of stuff, but thanks for getting us the offiical word from EPE.

Yeah, I read it. Got some more news from EPE:

A couple of things I can share --
both of his Rolls Royce's and his 6 door Mercedes is being added and another really interesting item that has to remain secret until it is unveiled.
SW

I think I feel a roadtrip coming on....:lmfao::lmfao:

ehollier
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I read it. Got some more news from EPE:

A couple of things I can share --
both of his Rolls Royce's and his 6 door Mercedes is being added and another really interesting item that has to remain secret until it is unveiled.
SW

I think I feel a roadtrip coming on....:lmfao::lmfao:

Ya got my number, huh??? I'll be waiting for you on I-10. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

KPM
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Excellent question.

john carpenter
02-05-2009, 02:32 AM
IMO saving the ambulance would be so tacky! It would be like seeing the toilet he died on in one of the museums across the street(n)

8mmlowa
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
getlo it was the hearse who got caught by the fire!

maybe they have just bought that noone else put it on display?
have you ever tought about that?

@memphisflash i do not believe that they work for so long on a person which is dead already....

epmoodyblue
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
nobody cares about this ambulance..if its really been destroyed in a fire ..good ridence.....:hmm:i would rather see the batmobile:lol:(y) http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-gen101.gif

Dudcowboy_1
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
*with starcatic look* Hey a Elvis fan gave me last towl he ever used...want it? LOL joking ya'll! LOL

JDD
02-06-2009, 10:38 PM

I think this is pure speculation without any basis in fact, EPE have made less effort to buy things that actually relate to Elvis for example why haven't they bought back Jumpsuits that have left Graceland's ownership?

Years ago in a car museum I was in I saw what they claimed to be that ambulance and another that claimed to be the one they took Lee Harvey
Oswald to the hospital after he was shot . Perhaps if true, EPE bought it
to take it out of display. There have been other places they've bought stuff
like Elvis-a-Rama that haven't surfaced at Graceland.

Dudcowboy_1
02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Now JDD,

I see you might have a point there. I can see EPE buying something to just keep it out of the eyes of the fans. If they did that's cool, and honestly I would never want see the last ambulance that took him to the hospital when he was dead already.

Love to all,
Tim

Miss Clawdy
02-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I cannot really understand the excitement this info causes. Why is it so horrible to see the ambulance in which Elvis was transported to the hospital? It was Elvis lying in there, dead or alive, so why is this tacky? We are visiting the house where he died and we are contemplating the place where he lay in state and nobody finds that odd....:hmm:

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 01:20 AM
I cannot really understand the excitement this info causes. Why is it so horrible to see the ambulance in which Elvis was transported to the hospital? It was Elvis lying in there, dead or alive, so why is this tacky? We are visiting the house where he died and we are contemplating the place where he lay in state and nobody finds that odd....:hmm:

I think there is a big difference in seeing Graceland and seeing the ambulance that he rode in. Graceland "is" Elvis....it was his home that he loved dearly for 20 years, and for 20 years it was the place where there was lots of love and laughter and happy times. Lots of people actually feel his presence when they are in his home, I doubt that they would say the same thing about an ambulance. IMO.....I don't care to see any ambulance that any body was transported in.:blink::blink:

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 01:23 AM
This story is rubbish, and a myth that has been around for years.

The ambulance was destroyed years ago, in a fire IIRC.
The hearse was destroyed in a fire...did the ambulance burn up as well?

@memphisflash i do not believe that they work for so long on a person which is dead already....

Huh????:doh::doh::doh:

midnight
02-07-2009, 01:42 AM
I do not see the point in having the ambulance that Elvis rode in kept or on display. It is not like it was something that was his and his alone. How many other people were taken to hospital in it after Elvis? It makes no sense to me. Why not keep the hospital sheets he once slept in or the dentist chair he once sat on!

I also heard that the hearse that carried his body was destroyed by fire but I never heard about the ambulance being in a fire too. If that was true it would almost sound creepy!

TotallyInsane
02-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Again, I will post this response from one of the staff at EPE regarding the ambulance:

Confirmed. We did not purchase anything remotely like that nor would we.
SW

midnight
02-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Thanks Gail! You have spoken loud and clear!!!(y)

shelley.m.
02-07-2009, 02:50 AM
(n)Oh! brother.(n)

Miss Clawdy
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I think there is a big difference in seeing Graceland and seeing the ambulance that he rode in. Graceland "is" Elvis....it was his home that he loved dearly for 20 years, and for 20 years it was the place where there was lots of love and laughter and happy times. Lots of people actually feel his presence when they are in his home, I doubt that they would say the same thing about an ambulance. IMO.....I don't care to see any ambulance that any body was transported in.:blink::blink:

I know that. I just tried to find a logical comparision, maybe Graceland was not the best choice. How shall I put it....?

Elvis rode in an ambulance....I cannot see anything tacky in seeing this ambulance :blink:. Did the ambulance became disgusting because Elvis apparently was already dead :blink:? I really don't think so.

I would rather say things like the Elvis rubber ducks, or any of the so called improvements at Graceland BS is planning and which have nothing to do at all with Elvis' legacy or memories or how things were back in the days are tacky, than the ambulance Elvis rode in one last time.

TotallyInsane
02-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I just have no desire to see the ambulance. It wasn't "his" ambulance and he rode it in one time. What about all those rent cars each city on tour - he rode in those one or two times.

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I just have no desire to see the ambulance. It wasn't "his" ambulance and he rode it in one time. What about all those rent cars each city on tour - he rode in those one or two times.

True....with happier results at the end of the ride.;);)(y)

SleepyJack
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I`m walking off into the distance whistling "A whistling tune" to myself... no room in my brain for any more of this useless rubbish.

KPM
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I know that. I just tried to find a logical comparision, maybe Graceland was not the best choice. How shall I put it....?

Elvis rode in an ambulance....I cannot see anything tacky in seeing this ambulance :blink:. Did the ambulance became disgusting because Elvis apparently was already dead :blink:? I really don't think so.

I would rather say things like the Elvis rubber ducks, or any of the so called improvements at Graceland BS is planning and which have nothing to do at all with Elvis' legacy or memories or how things were back in the days are tacky, than the ambulance Elvis rode in one last time.
It would be tacky and uncaring for EPE to display for money the "death ambulance" I will put it this way-for me the home represents the happy times and success of Elvis's life, even though he died there.
The ambulance represents nothing-nothing but his death and sadness I can not explain my feelings any better than that.

KPM
02-07-2009, 09:27 PM
I`m walking off into the distance whistling "A whistling tune" to myself... no room in my brain for any more of this useless rubbish.
I agree!
Since it has been posted earlier that EPE confirmed that they do not have the ambulance and would not want want it I'm not sure why this thread has continued?

dstrattenfan
02-08-2009, 10:31 AM

I've been gone whats happening????????

Miss Clawdy
02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
It would be tacky and uncaring for EPE to display for money the "death ambulance" I will put it this way-for me the home represents the happy times and success of Elvis's life, even though he died there.
The ambulance represents nothing-nothing but his death and sadness I can not explain my feelings any better than that.

I understand what you mean and I agree that it would be tacky for EPE to take extra money to see the ambulance. What you say about the house is true of course, but I do not only see the happy times...how could I? If I look at Graceland today I feel sad too, I see an empty house...the love and laughter are long gone...these are things I find sad and not an ambulance where Elvis was transported in. For me, that is.

KPM
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I understand what you mean and I agree that it would be tacky for EPE to take extra money to see the ambulance. What you say about the house is true of course, but I do not only see the happy times...how could I? If I look at Graceland today I feel sad too, I see an empty house...the love and laughter are long gone...these are things I find sad and not an ambulance where Elvis was transported in. For me, that is.
I agree that Graceland does bring many ideas and feelings (including sadness)-but the difference for me is that there are a million happy stories we have all heard about Elvis at Graceland-with his parents, with the guys, with fans, and with Priscilla and Lisa. The only story for that ambulance is death and sadness. There is no story of Elvis driving the ambulance around Graceland like the golf carts, or shooting off fireworks inside of it, nor of the laughter of Elvis which Graceland was at times filled with-the ambulance pure and simple just represents death and sadness IMO.
But I understand your feelings.

utmom2008
02-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I agree that Graceland does bring many ideas and feelings (including sadness)-but the difference for me is that there are a million happy stories we have all heard about Elvis at Graceland-with his parents, with the guys, with fans, and with Priscilla and Lisa. The only story for that ambulance is death and sadness. There is no story of Elvis driving the ambulance around Graceland like the golf carts, or shooting off fireworks inside of it, nor of the laughter of Elvis which Graceland was at times filled with-the ambulance pure and simple just represents death and sadness IMO.

I agree with you Ken!(y)

Miss Clawdy
02-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Ok, I have to admit that you're right, nobody needs the ambulance.

Diane
02-08-2009, 07:10 PM

The ambulance and all of it's sad memories is not the way we want to remember Elvis.

Diane