PDA

View Full Version : I was first!

Diane
02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Speaking of Priscilla hair, I was wearing that hairdo before Priscilla even thought of it.....the one she wore when seeing Elvis off from Germany....am I right? And...just as sullen looking in the first picture:D

midnight
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Speaking of Priscilla hair, I was wearing that hairdo before Priscilla even thought of it.....the one she wore when seeing Elvis off from Germany....am I right? And...just as sullen looking in the first picture:D

Wow Diane, you look very classy. If you had met Elvis at that time, I think he would of had his eye on you!:lol:

utmom2008
02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
And you were every bit as pretty as she was too!(y) What a looker!:D(y)

Diane
02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow Diane, you look very classy. If you had met Elvis at that time, I think he would of had his eye on you!:lol:

Thank you Kim for the compliment. In my fantasies I used to dream that I had met him before Priscilla and that he had picked me....that's what dreams are for right?:D

Diane

KPM
02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
You resemble a young Millie Perkins, the actress who was in "Wild In the Country" with Elvis-and she later played his mom in the Elvis tv series.(y)

utmom2008
02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
You resemble a young Millie Perkins, the actress who was in "Wild In the Country" with Elvis-and she later played his mom in the Elvis tv series.(y)

She reminds me of Sophia Loren!(y)(y)(y)

KPM
02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes I see that also-not too shabby company to resemble ;)

Diane
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh boy, now you guys are putting it on thick.:) Sophia Loren is more of a compliment than I can take. I always loved her and she was always my husband's favorite actress. Maybe he saw some tiny grain of resemblance?...very tiny :D.

I'm sure some of you women out there wore the "big hair" too. Please share some picture as I'd love to see them and other would too.

Broussey
02-02-2009, 10:20 PM
What A HOTTIE!!

TotallyInsane
02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
I think the one on the right you look like Julia Roberts!! Dang, I wish Elvis would have met you first!!!

utmom2008
02-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Dang, I wish Elvis would have met you first!!!

Me too!!! Then we would have kitties running around Graceland.;):lol::lol::lol:(y)

utmom2008
02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I love your "trapeze" coat in the 2nd picture...I have one that I got this year that reminds me of the one you are wearing.:lol:

ehollier
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I love your "trapeze" coat in the 2nd picture...I have one that I got this year that reminds me of the one you are wearing.:lol:

Back in the 60's, my Mom also had a coat like this. It was this beautiful winter white wool with a mink collar (not riots, please!!) I remember she even let me wear when I was in high school for a formal and I remember thinking how incredibly classy it was.

Diane
02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Me too!!! Then we would have kitties running around Graceland.;):lol::lol::lol:(y)

On every surface!:D

Nice to dream........

Diane

Diane
02-02-2009, 11:06 PM

I bought that raincoat in spring of 1961 when I was 17. It was turqoise. My best friend (from Halifax, N.S.) whom you can see in my profile gallery...the pretty blond with the glasses holding a glass of wine bought the same coat at the same time but she had titian hair and green eyes (natural - both hair and eyes lol) at the time, and her coat was a rust with green, yellow and black plaid that really set her hair off. That picture of me was taken that Sept. when I turned 18. My other best friend (from Idaho), another beautiful lady is the redhead (hazel eyed) with her son who's blocking out the camera....I am forever grateful to have met those two women who turned into lifetime friends.

Diane

Merry
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM

LOL, you were first, Diane! lol

You look lovely, too :D

:hug:

Kimmi

javierTCB
02-02-2009, 11:26 PM

You´re very beautiful and you look is very cool :notworthy:notworthy

Diane
02-02-2009, 11:48 PM
I think the one on the right you look like Julia Roberts!! Dang, I wish Elvis would have met you first!!!

Thanks Gail, you would never had had to scale walls and sneak around in bushes. I would have let you in the front door.:D

Diane

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm sure some of you women out there wore the "big hair" too. Please share some picture as I'd love to see them and other would too.

I missed out on the 60's "big hair" but fell right into the 70's with long straight hair and all the guys parted their hair down the middle as well. This is me at 16, wearing my "halter dress" as well.:D:lol::lol:

midnight
02-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Rosanne please tell me is this finally JIM? If it is he does not look too short or red headed to me! :lol::lol: Whoever he is, you guys make a beautiful couple! Your hair is so long in that picture!

ehollier
02-03-2009, 12:38 AM
I missed out on the 60's "big hair" but fell right into the 70's with long straight hair and all the guys parted their hair down the middle as well. This is me at 16, wearing my "halter dress" as well.:D:lol::lol:

Where's the baby blue leisure suit????? I thought all of the cool dudes wore those with platform shoes back in the day..........;)

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Where's the baby blue leisure suit????? I thought all of the cool dudes wore those with platform shoes back in the day..........;)

Let me go look...I have pictures where my boyfriend here(not Jim!) is wearing a baby blue tux!:lol:

midnight
02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Let me go look...I have pictures where my boyfriend here(not Jim!) is wearing a baby blue tux!:lol:

I remember those with the huge bow ties!

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Here ya go Kim.....this is really Jim!:lol:

buttonhead
02-03-2009, 01:01 AM

Diane :bye: you remind me of Julia Roberts ,... bea-u-tiful :blush:

Just curious, what did you girls do back then to make that hair look so fine and HUGE , what brand of shampoo ? was it common back then to use a flat iron ?

midnight
02-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Here ya go Kim.....this is really Jim!:lol:

You guys look so young! Nice picture Rosanne! However I still can`t really see Jim! Just his profile........;):lol:

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 01:35 AM
was it common back then to use a flat iron ?

Flat iron??? What's a flat iron??:lol::lol::lol:
I'm just kidding, but, there weren't many things available. My brothers were in HS in the 60's and I remember their girlfriend's hair-do's. My sister-n-law used to roll her hair on frozen orange juice cans to get that 60's flip!:lol:(y)

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
You guys look so young! Nice picture Rosanne! However I still can`t really see Jim! Just his profile........;):lol:

I'm looking through lots of old pics....:lol:...but I wanted you to know that he wasn't a red-headed midget.:supriced:;);):lol:

midnight
02-03-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm looking through lots of old pics....:lol:...but I wanted you to know that he wasn't a red-headed midget.:supriced:;);):lol:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ehollier
02-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Flat iron??? What's a flat iron??:lol::lol::lol:
I'm just kidding, but, there weren't many things available. My brothers were in HS in the 60's and I remember their girlfriend's hair-do's. My sister-n-law used to roll her hair on frozen orange juice cans to get that 60's flip!:lol:(y)

I was about to ask if anyone used empty drink cans to roll their hair to get the boufant do. My hairdresser was telling me about women who used to do that. I could not imagine doing that -- walking around with diet coke cans on my head...........:lol: :lol: :lol:

KPM
02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
I was about to ask if anyone used empty drink cans to roll their hair to get the boufant do. My hairdresser was telling me about women who used to do that. I could not imagine doing that -- walking around with diet coke cans on my head...........:lol: :lol: :lol:
My mom had 1 1/2 inch round curlers she used to get her bee hive.

Diane
02-03-2009, 01:50 AM

The first picture I posted I was also 16...sundresses and 3 inch heels were the rage then. I stopped teasing my hair late 60's or early 70's and also went for the long long hair the same length as yours Rosanne.

You and Gail sure were beautiful young girls. I'm surprised neither of you snagged Elvis and you're both lovely women now.(y)

Keep posting these wonderful pictures girls.

Diane

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 01:54 AM
I could not imagine doing that -- walking around with diet coke cans on my head...........:lol: :lol: :lol:

First of all....::supriced:...there was no Diet Coke, or anything close to it.:supriced:

But...you could see something like this!:lol:

Diane
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Diane :bye: you remind me of Julia Roberts ,... bea-u-tiful :blush:

Just curious, what did you girls do back then to make that hair look so fine and HUGE , what brand of shampoo ? was it common back then to use a flat iron ?

Huge mesh rollers which I still have lol and lots of hair teasing. I never used a flat iron and never got the hang of using a hot comb or iron.

Diane

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
You and Gail sure were beautiful young girls. I'm surprised neither of you snagged Elvis and you're both lovely women now.(y)

Keep posting these wonderful pictures girls.

Diane

Great pic Diane!(y)(y) You are a looker, that's for sure.
I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that Ginger Alden was only 12 to 18 months older than me!!! I knew my time was coming, but it was too little too late.:'(:'(

ehollier
02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
First of all....::supriced:...there was no Diet Coke, or anything close to it.:supriced:

But...you could see something like this!:lol:

Don't forget those beer cans, too. I guess after you use the beer in your hair, you roll it up with the empty can.......no diet coke??????

shelley.m.
02-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Why that Priscilla is nothing but a copy-cat.Great photo of yourself,Diane.

Diane
02-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Great pic Diane!(y)(y) You are a looker, that's for sure.
I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that Ginger Alden was only 12 to 18 months older than me!!! I knew my time was coming, but it was too little too late.:'(:'(

You sure were a looker yourself Rosanne. Looks like we were both too late. I'm almost 10 months older than Priscilla and I thought I was too young for Elvis :'(:'(:'(

Diane

Diane
02-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Come on girls...it's your turn to share pictures of hairdos and clothing style!!

Diane

midnight
02-03-2009, 02:42 AM
You sure were a looker yourself Rosanne. Looks like we were both too late. I'm almost 10 months older than Priscilla and I thought I was too young for Elvis :'(:'(:'(

Diane

Well I never had a prayer since I was only 12 when he died.:'(:'(

Diane
02-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Well I never had a prayer since I was only 12 when he died.:'(:'(

I don't know which is sadder, having missed him or not having been around while he was alive.:'(:'(:'(

Diane

midnight
02-03-2009, 02:56 AM
I was a huge fan of Elvis all throughout my childhood. My childhood dream was to grow up and get a job and see Elvis! When he died all my dreams were dashed, I knew that now it would never be and even after all these years I still feel so sad about NEVER EVER getting that opportunity.:'(

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 04:34 AM
Here are some classic 1965 hair-do's. The first one is my brother's 1965 Prom(he's the guy in the middle, black brocade tux), look at the girl's hair!:D:lol:
The bottom one is me in 1965, having both a bad hair day and 2 missing front teeth.:lol:

TotallyInsane
02-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Do ya'll remember the "wings" haircut. Here's my senior picture - 1977.

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Do ya'll remember the "wings" haircut. Here's my senior picture - 1977.

Great pic!(y) We 70's girls all had wings!(y)

TotallyInsane
02-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Looking at the pic now, it appears that the wings needed to be clipped!! :lmfao::lmfao:

SeeSeeRider777
02-03-2009, 05:55 AM
If all you ladies were around during my time, I believe I would ask all of you cuties out. :D

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 06:05 AM
If all you ladies were around during my time, I believe I would ask all of you cuties out. :D

And you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not we liked Elvis!:lol::lol: Problem solved!:lol:(y)

TotallyInsane
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Huh, excuse me???? We are still around - we're not dead yet!!
Ooohhhhh, wait a minute, you must be talking about the age thing, huh???
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Huh, excuse me???? We are still around - we're not dead yet!!
Ooohhhhh, wait a minute, you must be talking about the age thing, huh???
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Are you wanting to be known as a cougar?;):lol::lol:

Donut
02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I stopped teasing my hair late 60's or early 70's and also went for the long long hair the same length as yours Rosanne.

Diane

You were really beautiful Diane. I like this last picture of you very much (y)

franny
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM

You look lovely, Diane. :) Very nice of you to share your pics. (y)

franny

Diane
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
You were really beautiful Diane. I like this last picture of you very much (y)

Thank you Donut. You are getting pretty fancy with your icing there....is that you getting ready for St. Patrick's Day?:)

Diane

Donut
02-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Thank you Donut. You are getting pretty fancy with your icing there....is that you getting ready for St. Patrick's Day?:)

Diane

:laughing: Either that or I'm nearing my expiration date.

utmom2008
02-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Kim & Diane & Franny, etc......
This is considered a HUGE amount of snow for Dallas.;) This is me in 1967 and this is still thought of as a BIG whiteout.:lol:(y)

midnight
02-04-2009, 02:16 AM
This is considered a HUGE amount of snow for Dallas.;) This is me in 1967 and this is still thought of as a BIG whiteout.:lol:(y)

You REALLY do not know about snow. I can still see your feet!:lol: Hey, Nick will be happy to know that you are back with your boyfriend!:lmfao:

franny
02-04-2009, 02:18 AM

Great pic of you, Rosanne. (y) I wouldn't mind that kind of whiteout :lol:

It's been snowing almost all day here today, a very snowy winter this year :cold:

franny

utmom2008
02-04-2009, 02:20 AM
You REALLY do not know about snow. I can still see your feet!:lol: Hey, Nick will be happy to know that you are back with your boyfriend!:lmfao:

Not only can you see my feet, you can also see a bit of grass sticking through. We missed 2 days of school over this!:supriced::supriced:

I thought about Nick...that's why I reunited with my real boyfriend.:lol::lol:(y)

utmom2008
02-04-2009, 02:23 AM
I wouldn't mind that kind of whiteout :lol:
It's been snowing almost all day here today, a very snowy winter this year :cold:

franny

You REALLY do not know about snow. I can still see your feet!:lol:

So now you see why I am having a hard time visualizing snow being as high as your roof, digging a tunnel out of your front door, etc....:supriced::lmfao:

midnight
02-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Not only can you see my feet, you can also see a bit of grass sticking through. We missed 2 days of school over this!:supriced::supriced:

I thought about Nick...that's why I reunited with my real boyfriend.:lol::lol:(y)

What 2 days of school! Sure that is only a dusting of snow! If you ever got some of the snowfalls we have had, you would have no school for a month!

Nick will be so happy about your news! I cannot wait to show him tomorrow! We are expecting the toothfairy tonight!

utmom2008
02-04-2009, 02:31 AM
We are expecting the toothfairy tonight!

What does the toothfairy leave these days? Has the economy gotten to him as well?:lol::lol::lol:

midnight
02-04-2009, 02:39 AM
What does the toothfairy leave these days? Has the economy gotten to him as well?:lol::lol::lol:

The toothfairy usually leaves 5 dollars here and she leaves 5 dollars at Nan and Pops' house. I think Pop must leave his dentures under his pillow everytime Nick has lost a tooth! Add up all those teeth that are yet to fall out and that is a fine bit of money! I use to get 50 cents!

I hope we do not get yelled at for going off topic!

midnight
02-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Ok, I will try to go back on topic. Do you think the toothfairy has a beehive?:lol:

Wendy56
02-04-2009, 02:56 AM
So nice pics Diane! (y)

utmom2008
02-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Ok, I will try to go back on topic. Do you think the toothfairy has a beehive?:lol:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow the tooth fairy is flush these days! I used to get a quarter and our kids found a penny, a dime, a nickle and a quarter under their pillows.:)

Diane

Diane
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM

That's the amount of snowfall we used to get in Oregon if we had any at all during the winter. That's what I'd like again just for Christmas and then it could go away.:)

Nice picture by the way Rosanne, was that your dog and what breed? I can't tell from the picture.

Diane

utmom2008
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice picture by the way Rosanne, was that your dog and what breed? I can't tell from the picture.

Diane

Thanks Diane. He was half Lab and half Boxer, but he looked like a full blood Lab. His name was Prince and he was probably the smartest animal I've ever known of...it was uncanny.

Miss Clawdy
02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't know which is sadder, having missed him or not having been around while he was alive.:'(:'(:'(

Diane

This is so true, Diane :'(.
Your pics are great, you look very pretty and I can also see a bit of Audrey Hepburn (y):D!

Diane
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
This is so true, Diane :'(.
Your pics are great, you look very pretty and I can also see a bit of Audrey Hepburn (y):D!

Thank you Tina but please stop it you guys! I have a hard time taking compliments, I get embarrassed. Just say I looked nice:)

If we're going to compare me, my mother thought I looked like Annette Funicello and my father thought I looked like Liza Manelli. I'm going to do like Elvis and say "I don't look like nobody" when he said "I don't sound like nobody".:)

Diane

Miss Clawdy
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Ok, Diane, you look like Diane, and that's very pretty (y):D!

Diane
02-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Ok, Diane, you look like Diane, and that's very pretty (y):D!

Thank you Tina, that I can take and appreciate.:D(y)

Diane

SleepyJack
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Diane...I`m speechless!!...You look really beautiful in those photographs. I don`t know what else to say...beautiful... it should have been you...forget Priscilla!....(y)(y)

Diane
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 02:47 AM

Anyone remember the "big hair" of the 80's? And our little girls had "big bows" to go along with it! This is me and my little girl Amy in 1988 at Graceland ~ I had big hair and Amy had a big bow. Everything is big in Texas!:lol::lol::lol:(y)

midnight
02-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Anyone remember the "big hair" of the 80's? And our little girls had "big bows" to go along with it! This is me and my little girl Amy in 1988 at Graceland ~ I had big hair and Amy had a big bow. Everything is big in Texas!:lol::lol::lol:(y)

Rosanne I would never ever say that was you! Did you have any leg warmers or hair bands that went around your forehead? Well I was really in style with my big bushy hair! I told you before my hair is really big and curly! I have to get a pic and put on! Nowadays I spend lots of time straightening it!

midnight
02-07-2009, 03:00 AM
I love Amy's little white coat with the heart on it. She is so cute.

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Rosanne I would never ever say that was you! Did you have any leg warmers or hair bands that went around your forehead? I have to get a pic and put on! Nowadays I spend lots of time straightening it!
My hair is naturally straight, so of course I was getting perms.:lol: The look was a cross between "Flashdance" and Olivia Newton-John's "Physical.":lmfao:

I love Amy's little white coat with the heart on it. She is so cute.

Thanks!:hug: That seems like yesterday to me.:blush:She had just turned 7, is that Nick's age?

midnight
02-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Your pictures was in 1988 and I was there in 1983! Wow I cannot believe it was that long ago since I was there. There must be so many changes !

midnight
02-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Thanks!:hug: That seems like yesterday to me.:blush:She had just turned 7, is that Nick's age?[/QUOTE]

Yes Nick is 7.....he will be 8 in May!

WHITETIGERMAN
02-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Well Diane..............if Elvis had not noticed you.....I sure would have....WOW.

midnight
02-07-2009, 05:04 AM
This is me and my soon to be hubby in 1985 with my big hair and I did not have a perm! Sorry I could not get the picture any bigger. You have to click on it about 3 times to get it a good size!:hmm:

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 05:55 AM
This is me and my soon to be hubby in 1985 with my big hair and I did not have a perm! Sorry I could not get the picture any bigger. You have to click on it about 3 times to get it a good size!:hmm:

Great pic!(y) That is some "Texas-sized" hair...your hair is almost black! Your hair must be super thick too.

ehollier
02-07-2009, 06:02 AM

Kim, I had big hair like that too, but I had to have a perm..........but the bigger the bangs, the better, hot rollers every single day to get the right height, lots of spray, but big, big hair.........

Brian
02-07-2009, 06:04 AM
there sure is a lot of women on this board

Merry
02-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Yep, lol

:):):)

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 06:41 AM

Pete and RePeat?;):wacko::wacko:

LtCarman
02-07-2009, 07:06 AM

Must you keep saying that in every other thread?

utmom2008
02-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Must you keep saying that in every other thread?

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy(y)(y)(y)(y)

midnight
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Is that why you are here? Because of all us woman!;)

ehollier
02-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Pete and RePeat?;):wacko::wacko:

Is there an echo here????????? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Diane
02-07-2009, 04:06 PM

I loved the pictures of you and Amy Rosanne!(y) You looked really great with the big hair. I didn't get into it in the 80's. I'd already had it with the teasing etc.:D I just set my hair for a little height. As you can see in my last picture, my hair wasn't quite straight nor was it ever curly...just a few waves.

Diane

Diane
02-07-2009, 04:10 PM

I love the picture of your "big hair" Kim. On you it looked lovely framing a very pretty face.

Diane

midnight
02-08-2009, 03:46 AM
I love the picture of your "big hair" Kim. On you it looked lovely framing a very pretty face.

Diane

Thanks Diane! That was the thing about the "big hair" days, most people did not notice your face because all they saw was hair!:lol:

jeanelvisgirl
02-08-2009, 11:13 AM
OK...I guess I'm a little late here...lol....here's me with more of a Linda Thompson look...in 1968 - sweet seventeen.......LOL

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/jeanmary/youngJean-1-1.jpg?t=1234084479

midnight
02-08-2009, 03:08 PM
OK...I guess I'm a little late here...lol....here's me with more of a Linda Thompson look...in 1968 - sweet seventeen.......LOL

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/jeanmary/youngJean-1-1.jpg?t=1234084479

That is a very beautiful picture of you Jean. You are the perfect picture of a 60s girl! Love your dress and shoes! Do you remember what you were playing?

Diane
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
That's a wonderful picture Jean. You were definitely more the Linda Thompson type.

Diane

jeanelvisgirl
02-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Sadly I wasn't playing anything....the guitar belonged to my then boyfriend...a huge Dylan fan....he tried to teach me but I never got the hang of it...wish I had......

He had that photo made into a poster for his bedroom wall.....not the one I married though.....;)