PDA

View Full Version : Elvis in the newspaper

utmom2008
01-27-2009, 11:20 PM
When Elvis was at Madison Square Garden it was such a big deal that all the major newspapers in the US carried this UPI photograph and a little article about it.

Then, when the MSG album was released they all carried this add for the album.
Both of these came from The Dallas Morning News...June of 1972.

midnight
01-27-2009, 11:49 PM
When Elvis was at Madison Square Garden it was such a big deal that all the major newspapers in the US carried this UPI photograph and a little article about it.

Then, when the MSG album was released they all carried this add for the album.
Both of these came from The Dallas Morning News...June of 1972.

You are so lucky to have lived at the right place at the right time!!! Where I live ,especially in the 70s, Elvis was a world away! Nobody around here ever got to see him. We all heard about his concerts and sometimes even our newspaper would even write about a particular show! But to live around it and to read Elvis was coming to town must have been AMAZING!

Diane
01-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Nice Rosanne, that's another concert I wish I could have attended.(y)

Diane

utmom2008
01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Nice Rosanne, that's another concert I wish I could have attended.(y)

Diane

Me too!(y) Did you read where it says "the night was punctuated by the steady screaming of his audience."??:lol:(y)

Diane
01-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Me too!(y) Did you read where it says "the night was punctuated by the steady screaming of his audience."??:lol:(y)

I sure did and I may well have been one of them had I been there.:lol: Kidding, I'm too repressed but I sure would have felt like it!

I have a couple of newspaper articles but like a 'diot, I pasted them in a scrapbook. Also did the same with some of the 45 sleeves....still can't forgive myself for that one!

Diane