PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found....

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 04:16 AM
While going through my Mother's house today I found 2 books from way back when!:D I had the dates they were bought written on the inside of each book...the Hopkins book was Sept. 1971 and the Mann book was Dec. 1975.

john carpenter
01-22-2009, 04:33 AM
While going through my Mother's house today I found 2 books from way back when!:D I had the dates they were bought written on the inside of each book...the Hopkins book was Sept. 1971 and the Mann book was Dec. 1975.
29455Very cool Rosanne! But you are cool anyway my dear!:flowers:

cibetty
01-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Wooow Rosanne!! You didn't even remember them?? This is sooo :cool:!!!!!

mozzarella
01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm really interested in the Elvis and the Colonel book... what did they know then? If it's not a fiction story...

WHITETIGERMAN
01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey that's cool.....I have the Hopkins book....only difference is the cover is white with the same pic instead of black.

poormansgold
01-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I read both Books In 1977, The Elvis And The Col. One I had trouble read It,
Tom

easyrider
01-22-2009, 12:58 PM
that's cool.......

SleepyJack
01-22-2009, 01:41 PM
It`s always nice finding hidden treasures!.....nice idea to have written the date you bought them inside the covers...might start doing that myself!! I was around five months old when you bought the Hopkins book!(y)(y)

epmoodyblue
01-22-2009, 02:01 PM
:supriced::supriced::lol: very cool find..i have both those bookies(y):king:

Diane
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
It's great coming across treasures you forgot you had!:D

I have the very same Hopkins book but I bought Elvis and The Colonel about three years ago in the hardback.

Diane

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 05:27 PM
I was around five months old when you bought the Hopkins book!(y)(y)

I could have done without that piece of news!:lol::lol: I guess I could say that I was 5 months old too, I just learned to read at a very early age.:lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I could have done without that piece of news!:lol::lol: I guess I could say that I was 5 months old too, I just learned to read at a very early age.:lmfao::lmfao:

Shoot, that makes me a marvel of a kid reading at birth!:lol::blink:

Diane

KPM
01-22-2009, 07:17 PM
I have both those in my collection and just as you did I bought them when they came out.(y)

marijaep
01-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Great find Rosanne! :D

I've read both of the books. Really liked the one by Hopkins. Great read! (y)

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Shoot, that makes me a marvel of a kid reading at birth!:lol::blink:
Diane

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have both those in my collection and just as you did I bought them when they came out.(y)

So, you were also reading before the age of 1???:supriced::supriced::lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Wooow Rosanne!! You didn't even remember them?? This is sooo :cool:!!!!!

I remembered the Hopkins book, but not the other one. This my collection of books that date back to 1971.:D

cibetty
01-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I remembered the Hopkins book, but not the other one. This my collection of books that date back to 1971.:D

:supriced: :supriced: :supriced: My Godness Rosanne!!! Have you read all of them? Elvis is a recorder in the number of books for sure... Is there another star whose life was so interesting that it was written in so many books? I think Elvis was the one and only!! I saw you have "Elvis And Me" from Priscilla. Lucky you!! I'd like to read it in English!! Thanks for sharing this pic Rosanne!! (y) (y) (y) (y)

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 09:12 PM
:supriced: :supriced: :supriced: My Godness Rosanne!!! Have you read all of them? Elvis is a recorder in the number of books for sure... Is there another star whose life was so interesting that it was written in so many books? I think Elvis was the one and only!! I saw you have "Elvis And Me" from Priscilla. Lucky you!! I'd like to read it in English!! Thanks for sharing this pic Rosanne!! (y) (y) (y) (y)

I thought you would like this pic Betti, that's why I wanted you to see it!:D I also have the hardbook "Elvis and Me" somewhere in the house, I just haven't located it yet. I decided to get all my books together and keep them somewhat organized. Yes, I have read them all, but remember, I started reading everthing I could find on him in 1971. So, that's 38 years of reading!:supriced::supriced::lol:(y)

Donut
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I also have the hardbook "Elvis and Me" somewhere in the house, I just haven't located it yet.

I know where you can find it :laughing:

vegas 74
01-22-2009, 09:25 PM
The "Goldman" book went in the trash can, would not have it in my house!!(n)(n)(n)

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I know where you can find it :laughing:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

rocknroll
01-22-2009, 09:26 PM
I have a picture of me receiving the Hopkins book for Christmas in 1972 (?)

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 09:26 PM

Here you go Betti...I added the 2 new ones and took a better picture.:D

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I have a picture of me receiving the Hopkins book for Christmas in 1972 (?)

You need to show us!(y)(y)

cibetty
01-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Here you go Betti...I added the 2 new ones and took a better picture.:D

Great collection Rosanne!! (y) (y) (y) (y) Unfortunately there are very few books came out here, but I bought some books in 2nd hand book shops. But it is only Priscilla's book what I'd really like to read in English version, I've read the Hungarian translation. I have the "Albert Goldman" book and the bodyguards' book ("Elvis, What Happened") as well in my language. And another book from Dr. Raymond A. Moody, its title "Elvis After Life".

Lisarose
01-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Great collection, there Roseanne. I have a lot of those same books, only I bought them within the last few years. I did buy a magazine right after his death - $1.50, that I still have, I have it wrapped up, as it's yellowed and getting pretty frail. Elvis the King, by Paul Lichter.

Are any of yours autographed?

utmom2008
01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Great collection, there Roseanne. I have a lot of those same books, only I bought them within the last few years. I did buy a magazine right after his death - $1.50, that I still have, I have it wrapped up, as it's yellowed and getting pretty frail. Elvis the King, by Paul Lichter.

Are any of yours autographed?

The ones by Sean Shaver are autographed and there is a pic inside of "68 At 40" that Steve Binder autographed.
The gold box towards the left has a Sean Shaver book in it as well.

Lisarose
01-23-2009, 12:07 AM
A couple of mine came autographed, I bought one by Sandy Pichon that she autographed to 'Jennifer'.

When I was in college, I attended an architecture seminar with a boyfriend and met
Buckminster Fuller. My boyfriend had a book that he wanted autographed. He had
gone to the bar and I decided to be the good girlfriend and get his book signed. Mr.
Fuller asked me my name and in a blonde moment, I told him thinking he wanted to
know my name, well no, he wanted to know who to sign the book to! :DD
So if anyone asks me, 'Jennifer' will be a friend who asked Sandy to sign my book for me while I was at the bar getting margaritas :D

midnight
01-23-2009, 12:19 AM

I also have the Hopkins Book that my mom got for me after I saw the Hawaii concert in 1973. I have the Mann book when it was republished and called "The Private Elvis". I loved the "Private Elvis" one. It is funny to read them now knowing all we know about his drug use. Of course nothing was mentioned of that in those books. It was all before his 'Secret life " was revealed!

utmom2008
01-23-2009, 12:24 AM
A couple of mine came autographed, I bought one by Sandy Pichon that she autographed to 'Jennifer'.

When I was in college, I attended an architecture seminar with a boyfriend and met
Buckminster Fuller. My boyfriend had a book that he wanted autographed. He had
gone to the bar and I decided to be the good girlfriend and get his book signed. Mr.
Fuller asked me my name and in a blonde moment, I told him thinking he wanted to
know my name, well no, he wanted to know who to sign the book to! :DD
So if anyone asks me, 'Jennifer' will be a friend who asked Sandy to sign my book for me while I was at the bar getting margaritas :D
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y)(y)

I also have the Hopkins Book that my mom got for me after I saw the Hawaii concert in 1973. I have the Mann book when it was republished and called "The Private Elvis". I loved the "Private Elvis" one. It is funny to read them now knowing all we know about his drug use. Of course nothing was mentioned of that in those books. It was all before his 'Secret life " was revealed!

I know what you mean. It's really interesting to read back through them now. They are true relics!:lol::lol:

javierTCB
01-23-2009, 12:27 AM
the jewels of the crown....a real treasure (y)(y)

john carpenter
01-23-2009, 01:49 AM
I could have done without that piece of news!:lol::lol: I guess I could say that I was 5 months old too, I just learned to read at a very early age.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
I feel the same.