PDA

View Full Version : The TCB band boys!!!

Annie
01-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Which of the Elvis musicians is your favorite? I don't know why, but I have always sympathized with Tutt, He passed me enthusiascally. I could see him in Peabody and the FedEx Forum in 2007, and you?, What do you think?, What is your favorite?

LtCarman
01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I liked Ronnie Tutt.

kathy parkinson
01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Ronnie for me too, fantastic drummer, and he could read Elvis like a book.

Merry
01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Which of the Elvis musicians is your favorite? I don't know why, but I have always sympathized with Tutt, He passed me enthusiascally. I could see him in Peabody and the FedEx Forum in 2007, and you?, What do you think?, What is your favorite?

Ronnie Tutt.

John Wilkinson also appears to be a very nice man, he gave an interview, with regard to his friendship with Elvis, and he would be a good man to be friends with.

Have a look, here :D

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?p=282022&posted=1#post282022

easyrider
01-21-2009, 11:11 PM
James Burton

Annie
01-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Ronnie Tutt.

John Wilkinson also appears to be a very nice man, he gave an interview, with regard to his friendship with Elvis, and he would be a good man to be friends with.

Have a look, here :D

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?p=282022&posted=1#post282022

Ohhh, this is great! Thanks Jess. You're very kind. I like to know the views of those who knew him and know about his impressions of Elvis. Thanks again. I also like your post, jejeje. (y)

Merry
01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Ohhh, this is great! Thanks Jess. You're very kind. I like to know the views of those who knew him and know about his impressions of Elvis. Thanks again. I also like your post, jejeje. (y)

You are very welcome, Annie, :blush: you are too, lol :)

Take care,
Kimmi
:D

ilovelvis
01-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Elvis had the best musicians money could buy. Love them all, but Ronnie Tutt beat the CRAP outta those drums. He was the first one who got my attention from Elvis himself (a small miracle, in my opinion! (y)) because of his drumming. Just listen to Proud Mary on the Madison Square Garden album. He kept things rockin'! In the late 80's, when I went to see Neil Diamond in concert and I was looking at my friend's tour book she'd bought that night, I saw Ronnie had been Neil's drummer. What a pleasant surprise!

Annie
01-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Tutt the drummer of Diamond?, What interesting, and how to honor ... for Diamond, jeeje .... good, for both jijiji.
I am reminded of these rehearsels for TTWII, with its casual and youthful look with his long chestnut hair ..... It has not changed much, he's still a guy with a casual look with his long hair .... white! ! jejejeje
I also remember how to delight your audience to ecstasy, when accompanied rhythmically with battery the convulsive movements of the King on stage .... and the public ... shouted excitedly by Elvis and Tutt .... uffff. I love Tutt!

WHITETIGERMAN
01-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Ronnie Tutt....James Burton and Jerry Schefff are my three favorites.Man can those guys get down.

Getlo
01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I've been lucky enough to either meet or speak to them all.

James is my favourite, followed by Gentleman John.

utmom2008
01-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Which of the Elvis musicians is your favorite? I don't know why, but I have always sympathized with Tutt,

Why do you "sympathize" with Ronnie Tutt?:hmm:

I like Ronnie if for no other reason than he's a "Dallas boy" and I am a "Dallas girl.":D(y)

Jungleroom76
01-22-2009, 01:41 AM
All of the TCB Band members were AWESOME in their own right of course....

HOWEVER...I chose Ronnie Tutt just because that man can WAIL those drums and his drumming was the driving force of Elvis' stage show!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

shelley.m.
01-22-2009, 01:47 AM
I agree with what Mike had to say about all of the members of the TCB Band.I voted for James Burton.He was and still is a great guitar player.(y)

Wendy56
01-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Glen for me. I like piano players. :]

Elvis_Lady_1984
01-22-2009, 03:09 AM
I voted for James Burton. I love guitar players and James can really get down on the guitar.

boylover
01-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Scotty Moore but since he's not on there and neither is DJ or Charlie I'll say James.

RS277
01-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Ronnie Tutt

cbg84
01-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Scotty Moore but since he's not on there and neither is DJ or Charlie I'll say James.

I like Scotty and Charlie the best too.

mistymorning
01-22-2009, 05:48 AM
The energy was incredible. He was like a cat let out of a cage.
Like a big cat, a panther. He had such energy and power. It was an
amazing thing. He stood right in front of me so that he could feel
the power and energy from the drums all the time. Even when we
recorded in a studio, he'd take the microphone off the stand and go
over and stand in front of me. He'd stand in the middle of the
musicians. He was really a purist when it came to that, you know

Ronnie Tutt (y)

memphis69
01-22-2009, 07:49 AM
I LOVE ALL THE TCB BAND BOYS. THEY ARE GREAT MUSICIANS AND SUPPORTED ELVIS SO GREAT IN THE 60s AND 70s. I LOVED SEEING THEM LIVE HERE IN AUSTRALIA AT "ELVIS IN CONCERT". BUT IF I HAD TO CHOOSE MY FAVOURITE IT WOULD BE JAMES BURTON. I LOVE HIS WORK ON SONGS SUCH AS JOHNNY BE GOODE AND RUNAWAY. AND ELVIS LOVED WORKING WITH HIM. HE ALWAYS SAID HE WAS THE GREATEST GUITARIST. BUT I LOVE THEM ALL!!!

Debra
01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
I voted for Glen. He was amazing piano player(y)

Dino78
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
It's impossible for me to say who's my favourite musician.
It needed them all. You can't take one out. It needed James Burton for the guitar solo's, Jerry Sheff for the bass groove, Glen D. Hardin for the piano work, John Wilkinson for the rhythm stuff and "Hard Working" Ronnie Tutt to hold them all together.

buttonhead
01-22-2009, 12:18 PM

I saw him at the same venue ... which row were you at ? :lol:

I vote for Tutt also,..he still can beat the hell up off that drum(y)(y) :notworthy

Vegas King
01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I voted for Glen. He was amazing piano player(y)
Totally agree,so nice to hear him on piano:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

artfromtex
01-22-2009, 01:42 PM
it's hard to pick one. Burton, Tutt, and Scheff are all legends to me. they're all amazing musicians.

i guess i'll go with Burton because he's on alot more of the studio material than any of the other guys. i know that bass doesn't stand out as much, but listen to some of the stuff that Scheff does. he's amazing. the version of "Suspicious Minds" on "In Person..." is just ridiculous.

Norbert Putnam is an awesome bassist too. who played bass on the '69 American Sessions?

i wish Tutt and Scheff did more in the studio with Elvis.

john carpenter
01-22-2009, 02:15 PM
James is my favorite fallowed by Ronnie. I love james guitar playing.:notworthy:king:

Dekerivers57
01-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Obviously, they are all wonderfull and respected musicians in their own rights. But IMO that team is even greater than the sum of their parts.

ANT GORMAN
01-22-2009, 06:27 PM
ronnie tutt

Dino78
01-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Obviously, they are all wonderfull and respected musicians in their own rights. But IMO that team is even greater than the sum of their parts.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Tony Trout
01-22-2009, 07:42 PM

Scott and D.J. weren't a part of the TCB Band. The name wasn't even thought of until Elvis formed the band in 1969.

Norbert Putnam is an awesome bassist too. who played bass on the '69 American Sessions?

Mike Leech played bass on the '69 sessions. Again, he was just a studio musician - the TCB Band didn't exist until July of 1969.

If I had to pick a favorite member, that would be impossible. I like them all since I can play the same instruments they play.

(For the record, I don't consider Charlie Hodge a member of the TCB Band).

beckelvis
01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I liked James Burton.

ForeverTheKing
01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Ronnie Tutt for me too :clap:

artfromtex
01-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Mike Leech played bass on the '69 sessions. Again, he was just a studio musician - the TCB Band didn't exist until July of 1969.

thanks. ol' Mike is a bass playin' sum'btich

i know he wasn't part of TCB. when i got to thinking about how bad-aass Jerry was i instantly thought of how great the bass playing was on those '69 sessions.

Polk
01-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Ronnie Tutt,very good drummer!

GIORGIA
01-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm vote Jerry sheff!!!!!!!!!!!!But I'm liked everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silenz
01-22-2009, 11:03 PM
James Burton and second is Ronnie Tutt

Lisarose
01-23-2009, 12:18 AM
John Wilkinson

Getlo
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
(For the record, I don't consider Charlie Hodge a member of the TCB Band).

Me either, TT. For all that was said re Charlie, I found him to be useless on stage, and he added little if anything to the experience. Except for maybe to bolster Elvis' own insecurities.

The poll question is also somewhat flawed.

Other names for inclusion:

Bob Lanning
Larry Londin
Jerome Munroe
Shane Keister
Duke Bardwell
David Briggs
Larry Muhoberac

Yes, some didn't play as long as the "core" members, and some were occasional stand-ins, but they are still a part of the TCB Band, IMO.

buttonhead
01-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Does anyone here know the reason why Elvis dont like Duke Bardwell ? :blink:

Befi
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Wilkinson.:tcbworld:

desiree
01-24-2009, 01:40 PM
James Burton! He's fantastic :notworthy My second fave is Ronie Tutt (y)

Diane
01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm caught between Ronnie Tutt and John Wilkerson but all the TCB members were fantastic musicians.

Diane

Annie
01-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I saw him at the same venue ... which row were you at ? :lol:

I vote for Tutt also,..he still can beat the hell up off that drum(y)(y) :notworthy

hi Buttonhead!!.
Have you been in Peabody and Fedex Forum in 2007?, wow, that's great!!! The row I was seated...I had to look at the entries again, jejeje lol!

ticket for concerts Peabody: Good rockin tonite TCB Band with the Jordanaires and DJ Fontana, Millie Kirham and Terry Mike Jeffery, August 14 ; the Last man standing with the Big Scotty Moore ! (Oh, my God how big is this man!!)august 15 were general admission; and the concerts in Fedex Forum: 30th Aniversary concert: - Row / box: L seat 18 and the subsequent Midnight in Vegas concert section / aisle: row 5 / box: f seat 12. I still Keep the tickets, jeje and you? Little kisses. (y)

Annie
01-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Why do you "sympathize" with Ronnie Tutt?:hmm:

I like Ronnie if for no other reason than he's a "Dallas boy" and I am a "Dallas girl.":D(y)

Hi Utom!!! (sorry but I don't know what's your name, jiji)

I sympathize with Ronnie Tutt musically speaking, of course. I always sent a lot of energy and good feeling, I don't know how to explain it, Ronnie Tutt knows how to transmit good vibrations through his battery, you quick connect with him. James Burton became second. Everything has been said here about him,is not enough, jeje

Ronnie Tutt from Dallas?, you're lucky, jejeje. Little kisses. (y)

renapap05
01-25-2009, 01:36 PM
James Burton.(y)

epmoodyblue
01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
4 me its def ...Ronie Tutt ..hes the best ar what he doeshttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/selenauno/smiley-gen101.gif

cibetty
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM
James Burton is my favourite!!