PDA

View Full Version : If Elvis's twin had lived?

KPM
01-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Hypothetical question:
Twins are known to have similar talents, interests, even speaking voices so
if Elvis's twin had lived-would they both have been so musically inclined? Or would it change Elvis's life and direction completely.

elvisalways
01-20-2009, 11:44 PM
i really dont know, but i know that i wouldnt mind having two men look like him thats for sure ;);)

its interesting to think about tho.

shelley.m.
01-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Good question,KPM.I hate to say it but had Jesse Garon lived,I don't think Elvis or Jesse would have gone into show business,especially the music business.I think things would have been different had Jesse lived.That's just my opinion.

epmoodyblue
01-20-2009, 11:46 PM
guessing......i dont think jesse would of become a singer....he would of probably worked for elvis

utmom2008
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I have absolutely no idea or opinion on what would have gone down had his twin lived. BUT.....I do know this ~ it would have given the entire female population a much greater chance at landing ONE, if not both, of the sexiest men that ever lived.:lol::lol:

I have often wondered if the world could have handled 2 such gorgeous creatures.:blink::blink::lmfao:

Donut
01-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I don't know about the talent matter but he sure would have affected Elvis' life in many ways. Family was very important to him and after Gladys death he could have had a bond to her through him and perhaps someone he would have listen at when his life started to go wrong. He could have had nephews or nieces that would be here today. Even his death and will could have been different, so yes, a total different story had Jesse lived...

cibetty
01-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Everything would be different, I'm sure. I think Elvis always felt some kind of loneliness. It is really hard to imagine another gorgeous man and wonderful human being like him, it is because he was so unique. But this was destiny I think, only one of them had to stay alive.

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-21-2009, 12:48 AM
This is a huge question that could effect Elvis in so many ways or example:-

Would they have been identical twins?
Would Elvis had the same drive and determination?
Would Gladys life change?
Would they both have wanted a singing career?
Would they have been a double act?

Plenty to think about, a brother would have change everything...

midnight
01-21-2009, 12:50 AM
I often wondered that myself about Jesse living. I am sure things would of been totally different! It is hard to imagine Elvis having an identical sibling hanging around.

KPM
01-21-2009, 12:51 AM

Would they be the leaner, meaner -Everly Brothers?:lol:

midnight
01-21-2009, 12:52 AM
I have absolutely no idea or opinion on what would have gone down had his twin lived. BUT.....I do know this ~ it would have given the entire female population a much greater chance at landing ONE, if not both, of the sexiest men that ever lived.:lol::lol:

I have often wondered if the world could have handled 2 such gorgeous creatures.:blink::blink::lmfao:

Double your pleasure, double your fun!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
01-21-2009, 01:01 AM

One can only hope......;);)(y)

beckelvis
01-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Double pleasure and yiu prop if only with Elvis already it was a revolution with the unitedtwo¿the bomb or no? the one who knows.......................

Diane
01-21-2009, 01:28 AM
I read somewhere that Elvis and Jesse were not identical twins so the world of women may not have had two unearthly beautiful men to fight over:D, but I do think that had Jesse lived, life for Gladys and Elvis both would have been very different.

There's always a leader in twins, I wonder which one it would have been?

Diane

epmoodyblue
01-21-2009, 01:29 AM
:hmm:or jesse would of been elvis manager(y)...and there would of been no colonel porker:wiggle:

cibetty
01-21-2009, 01:47 AM
As they were both boys, I think they would probably have been identical twins, but I'm not sure. I found this conversation on ELC, (I think it is true), where Elvis talked about the time when they were born (he talked to his friend, Wanda June Hill):

...my brother - he chose to die for me - I believe that. I couldn’t have made it through birth had I come first - it would have killed me, as I was weak. He was larger and took the pressure off me. I believe it was his wish, his desire, to let me live this time.”
Wanda: “If that’s so, then that body that was your brother must have had knowledge...how would he know if he had not taken that first breath - become a living Spirit?”
Elvis: “He didn’t, he was born stillbirth - he never breathed - Grandma told me that. He was born blue from lack of oxygen and never changed color, only grew more blue. She said it was as if he was all dried up. He chose not to enter his body. He chose to let it die.”
Wanda: “Then you were born shortly after?”
Elvis: “About thirty minutes or so later.

Elvis: And I was so small, so I just came right out with a little help and I couldn’t breath well either, so they took us to the hospital and I grew better on the way. I couldn’t nurse, so they fixed a rubber glove to feed me at first - squeezed milk into me - and I was sick - couldn’t take milk - and then Momma and Grandma and this old black lady who lived nearby, fixed a way for Momma to get out her milk and they fed me with a straw, then got an eyedropper to do it.”
Wanda: “It’s a wonder you made it.”
Elvis: “Yeah - it was meant to be. I had to be here...

cibetty
01-21-2009, 02:00 AM
I read somewhere that Elvis and Jesse were not identical twins so the world of women may not have had two unearthly beautiful men to fight over:D, but I do think that had Jesse lived, life for Gladys and Elvis both would have been very different.

There's always a leader in twins, I wonder which one it would have been?

Diane

Where did you read this Diane? Do you remember? I'd be curious, please share it here if you know.

utmom2008
01-21-2009, 02:01 AM
As they were both boys, I think they would probably have been identical twins, but I'm not sure. I found this conversation on ELC, (I think it is true), where Elvis talked about the time when they were born (he talked to his friend, Wanda June Hill):

...my brother - he chose to die for me - I believe that. I couldn’t have made it through birth had I come first - it would have killed me, as I was weak. He was larger and took the pressure off me. I believe it was his wish, his desire, to let me live this time.”
Wanda: “If that’s so, then that body that was your brother must have had knowledge...how would he know if he had not taken that first breath - become a living Spirit?”
Elvis: “He didn’t, he was born stillbirth - he never breathed - Grandma told me that. He was born blue from lack of oxygen and never changed color, only grew more blue. She said it was as if he was all dried up. He chose not to enter his body. He chose to let it die.”

Elvis: And I was so small, so I just came right out with a little help and I couldn’t breath well either, so they took us to the hospital and I grew better on the way. I couldn’t nurse, so they fixed a rubber glove to feed me at first - squeezed milk into me - and I was sick - couldn’t take milk - and then Momma and Grandma and this old black lady who lived nearby, fixed a way for Momma to get out her milk and they fed me with a straw, then got an eyedropper to do it.”
Elvis: “Yeah - it was meant to be. I had to be here.
Betti...where did you get this? There is alot in this article that's not correct.:blink::blush:

midnight
01-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Was it ever reported how heavy Elvis was when he was born?

cibetty
01-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Betti...where did you get this? There is alot in this article that's not correct.:blink::blush:

What do you know about it Rosanne? What is not correct? I'm really curious! I found it on another site, I've already mentioned it to you. But anyways I wondered what can be true on that site. Here it is: http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/theman/reflections.html

Merry
01-21-2009, 02:15 AM

Elvis: “Yeah - it was meant to be. I had to be here...

Thank you, dearest Betti.

I'm a member of Wanda's site, I really should go on there and partake.

http://elvislightedcan.free-forums.org/index.php?sid=c5cde238d77f535dd3155125efd17f62&mforum=elvislightedcan

Betti, did Wanda share any more than this?

(I know people will say negatives about Wanda, we've been there done that on TCB, let's hope we don't have to again. ;):) Wanda is a beautiful person, and is very good to everyone).

Betti, are you a member?

cibetty
01-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Thank you, dearest Betti.

I'm a member of Wanda's site, I really should go on there and partake.

http://elvislightedcan.free-forums.org/index.php?sid=c5cde238d77f535dd3155125efd17f62&mforum=elvislightedcan

Betti, did Wanda share any more than this?

(I know people will say negatives about Wanda, we've been there done that on TCB, let's hope we don't have to again. ;):) Wanda is a beautiful person, and is very good to everyone).

Betti, are you a member?

No, I'm not a member dear Kimmi, but there were a lot of things what made me think on her site. I haven't read anything yet, as you know, English is not my mother language, so I should use dictionary for that. Anyways, do you think all of the things are true what she claims? Supposedly they were close friends and she recorded many conversations with Elvis. Anyways I love that site, really beautiful. But this is only my opinion... Huuuuuugs: Betti

shelley.m.
01-21-2009, 02:35 AM

In the book:Elvis His Life From A to Z they have Elvis being 5 pounds at birth.

cibetty
01-21-2009, 02:36 AM

I don't know, but I wondered about the same Kim. :blush: :blush: Twins are usually born with less weight.

midnight
01-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Thanks Shelley! I really do not know alot about the details of his birth. I wonder did anyone get to see Jessie? I wonder what condition was he in when he was born.

cibetty
01-21-2009, 02:47 AM

Thanks for the info Shelley!! :notworthy :notworthy :) :) Do you have that book? It must be interesting!! It means 2,5 kg as we use it here. :P :P It is really very small weight, but it is normal among twins.

shelley.m.
01-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Thanks Shelley! I really do not know alot about the details of his birth. I wonder did anyone get to see Jessie? I wonder what condition was he in when he was born.

Kim,I was just looking at an Elvis magazine from 1956.Vernon states that both Jesse and Elvis were identical twins and that Jesse was perfectly formed.I don't know how true this statement would be but Vernon says that:One died just a few minutes before birth.

shelley.m.
01-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the info Shelley!! :notworthy :notworthy :) :) Do you have that book? It must be interesting!! It means 2,5 kg as we use it here. :P :P It is really very small weight, but it is normal among twins.

Yes,Betti.I do have the book:Elvis His Life from A to Z. I sure wish it was up-dated tho'.Who would really know,that Elvis weighed 5 pounds at birth?

midnight
01-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Kim,I was just looking at an Elvis magazine from 1956.Vernon states thatboth Jesse and Elvis were identical twins and that Jesse was perfectly formed.I don't know how true this statement would be but Vernon says that:One died just a few minutes before birth.

Wow from 1956! Thanks for sharing that info like you said , if it is true. It is so interesting to read articles that were written when Elvis was alive!

cibetty
01-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Yes,Betti.I do have the book:Elvis His Life from A to Z. I sure wish it was up-dated tho'.Who would really know,that Elvis weighed 5 pounds at birth?

I believe it can be true Shelley, it is normal weight at birth for twins.

Merry
01-21-2009, 03:06 AM
No, I'm not a member dear Kimmi, but there were a lot of things what made me think on her site. I haven't read anything yet, as you know, English is not my mother language, so I should use dictionary for that. Anyways, do you think all of the things are true what she claims? Supposedly they were close friends and she recorded many conversations with Elvis. Anyways I love that site, really beautiful. But this is only my opinion... Huuuuuugs: Betti

Sweetie, not many will believe me here, but I was told Wanda is real, and I believe it.

I thinkb, I'll read that site, too, and post. I changed the site, how it appears when I was there last, to remove all the beautiful background stars. I will be able to read it more easily, now (I'm a touch red/green colour blind, and found it too difficult to read).

If I can help you in any way, Betti, with reading anything, explaining something in a different manner for you, please let me know?

elvispresleytheking
01-21-2009, 03:06 AM
I think he sometimes sang to Jesse, so some power and emotion might be lost, ELvis would probably still be popular, but he would probably often sing with Jesse

Merry
01-21-2009, 03:08 AM

I didn't know that; thanks, Shelley, so was I!

WHITETIGERMAN
01-21-2009, 04:16 AM

I'll have to agree on that.Still goes back to the old sayings who knows and we'll never know.

Brian
01-21-2009, 04:28 AM

I don't think they were identical twins

I read that Gladys was very watchful and protective of Elvis because he was an only and she couldn't have anymore children after him so had Jessie lived she probably wouldn't have been that way as much as she was.

I see this happening

Elvis and Jessie would have went into showbiz together as an Everly Brothers type act.
But Jessie would become more popular I think and that would cause them to break up.

Jessie would have a successful solo career with 6 top 10 hits while Elvis writes a best selling book about his life

Merry
01-21-2009, 05:01 AM
I don't think they were identical twins

I read that Gladys was very watchful and protective of Elvis because he was an only and she couldn't have anymore children after him so had Jessie lived she probably wouldn't have been that way as much as she was.

I see this happening

Elvis and Jessie would have went into showbiz together as an Everly Brothers type act.
But Jessie would become more popular I think and that would cause them to break up.

Jessie would have a successful solo career with 6 top 10 hits while Elvis writes a best selling book about his life

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/2601306891_8ac8223027.jpg

utmom2008
01-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Sweetie, not many will believe me here, but I was told Wanda is real, and I believe it.

What do you mean by "Wanda is real"?

Merry
01-21-2009, 06:00 AM

Genuine :).

As you know, there have been heated discussions, with regard to the fact if Wanda knew Elvis, or not. Marty Lacker says that between he, Red and Sonny, they know everything about Elvis, including, I gather from his statement, what goes on behind closed doors with telephone conversations.

I was hoping that we wouldn't go around in circles again, with people replying to this thread, with what's already been said.

*****Edit: I was talking generally, not you! lol. As a Board, we talk about drugs, and drugs, and then when we get onto Wanda, it's the same*****

Wanda is just lovely. A treasure. Wanda doesn't care what people say, I guess that's the main thing.

cibetty
01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Rosanne, you don't believe their conversations could be true? Anyways I didn't want to start "circles" here, I don't know what happened here before because of Wanda... Just too many things were on her site what made me think, that's all. If those things are not true what she wrote, she has to have too much fantasy I think. Of course that is only an internet site, everybody can say on internet what he/she wants, but the site looks very honest to me and it is very beautiful for sure (http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/). She wrote a book, its title: "We remember, Elvis" You can read about it here: http://www.elvisinfonet.com/bookrevciew_susan_wandahill.html Loooooove ya: Betti

Anyways here are some pics about Wanda June Hill, the first one from 1971, the second one from 2005, so she is a real woman:

ehollier
01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Rosanne, you don't believe their conversations could be true? Anyways I didn't want to start "circles" here, I don't know what happened here before because of Wanda... Just too many things were on her site what made me think, that's all. If those things are not true what she wrote, she has to have too much fantasy I think. Of course that is only an internet site, everybody can say on internet what he/she wants, but the site looks very honest to me and it is very beautiful for sure (http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/). She wrote a book, its title: "We remember, Elvis" You can read about it here: http://www.elvisinfonet.com/bookrevciew_susan_wandahill.html Loooooove ya: Betti

Anyways here are some pics about Wanda June Hill, so she is a real woman:

Yes Betti, Wanda does say some wonderful things about Elvis and her relationship that she shared with him for over 10 years. It is difficult not to believe some of the things she writes and many here will attest that she is a very genuine person.

cibetty
01-21-2009, 12:32 PM

I thinkb, I'll read that site, too, and post. I changed the site, how it appears when I was there last, to remove all the beautiful background stars. I will be able to read it more easily, now (I'm a touch red/green colour blind, and found it too difficult to read).

If I can help you in any way, Betti, with reading anything, explaining something in a different manner for you, please let me know?

Thank you Kimmi, you're a very kind soul really!! Yes, the background is really beautiful for sure, like the whole site. Ohh, I'm sorry about your difficulty in reading dear, I didn't know about it. I have dictionary, just it would take long time if I would like to translate everything with it, I haven't had time to read the whole site yet. Anyways I understand many words. The site includes many many conversations, so yes, she shared other things about Elvis, I was really surprised. Huuuuuuuugs: Betti

Merry
01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Thank you Kimmi, you're a very kind soul really!! Yes, the background is really beautiful for sure, like the whole site. Ohh, I'm sorry about your difficulty in reading dear, I didn't know about it. I have dictionary, just it would take long time if I would like to translate everything with it, I haven't had time to read the whole site yet. Anyways I understand many words. The site includes many many conversations, so yes, she shared other things about Elvis, I was really surprised. Huuuuuuuugs: Betti

Thank you, Betti, so are you. :hug: It's just a colour thing. 99.999999% (hehe) of the time, it doesn't bother me, lol :blush::blink::P

:hug: :D
Kimmi

cibetty
01-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Anyways I've just found in Albert Goldman's book that Jesse was born at 4.00 AM in the morning and Elvis was born at 4.35 AM, so really 35 min later. And it was very cold in North-Mississippi in that time, so he really was born "on a frosty morn". I wondered if Gladys could know surely if she would have twins, there wasn't ultra-sound examination in the 30's... The book claims she felt it. Can you imagine what Glady felt? OMG! She had strong pain for sure because of her lost child, and she felt the joy in the same time. It could be a strong double feeling for sure... And I've read that she couldn't have another child anymore after Elvis was born.

Donut
01-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I read somewhere that Elvis and Jesse were not identical twins so the world of women may not have had two unearthly beautiful men to fight over:D, Diane

What if Jesse would have been more talented and handsome than Elvis? :wub: Maybe he would had he lived...

Miss Clawdy
01-21-2009, 01:39 PM
From Vester Presley's book, 'A Presley Speaks' :

'It's January 8, 1935. Gladys is in bed. Vernon has summoned his mother, Minnie Mae, to assist the doctor. They are all familiar with large families, so one would think that the arrival of another baby wouldn't be so nervewracking.

However, considering the fact that this is Vernon's first child and Minnie Mae's first grandchild, they forget they aren't supposed to be nervous. Gladys, on the other hand, is really not concerned with their nerves. She has far more important things on her mind.

A sharp slap and a cry is heard, and a beautiful little boy, weighing a mere five pounds, is ever so gently wrapped in a blanket and laid down while the now even more nervous grandmother and doctor go about finishing their appointed jobs.

There is another child, also a little boy, but no matter how hard the doctor works, there is nothing he can do. The baby is dead. Gladys gives her infant son a name, though, Jesse Garon. Then she cries. Vernon cries.

The grandmother, her mouth quivering, tries to comfort her son and daughter-in-law. The doctor bows his head as he too sheds a tear.

They wipe away their tears as a small cry from the blanket nearby reminds them there is still someone who needs all the love and care they can give him. Gladys holds her precious son to her. She has two men in her life now who will depend on her and she on them and as she looks into the eyes of her devoted husband, she whispers the name of their beloved son that God has chosen for them, Elvis Aaron Presley.

Vernon and Gladys are proud and adoring parents, Elvis is healthy and happy. The ever-loving and watchful eyes of his mother and father, as well as his grandparents, aunts, and uncles give him a secure feeling.'

-------------------
I think everything would have been different. They would have both been raised on gospel. The Presleys would have been poorer as there were one more mouth to feed, so the boys would have tried together to help the family get out of poverty. They might have recorded a song for their mother's birthday (?) as 'The Presley Brothers'..... ;)

Diane
01-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Where did you read this Diane? Do you remember? I'd be curious, please share it here if you know.

No, I wish I could remember where I read this, I just remember reading it somewhere...possibly in Elvis and Gladys.

Diane

Diane
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
What if Jesse would have been more talented and handsome than Elvis? :wub: Maybe he would had he lived...

Had he lived and been even more handsome than Elvis, our little women hearts couldn't have taken it.:lol:

Diane

ph10579
01-21-2009, 04:53 PM
It would be like the nelson twins!lol

utmom2008
01-21-2009, 05:16 PM

But that would be physically impossible, right?;):lol:(y)(y)

Donut
01-21-2009, 05:39 PM

http://smiley.net.ru/emocnf050.gif I think you are right...

cibetty
01-21-2009, 06:28 PM

I agree!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: Simply nobody can be more handsome than Elvis!! He was the most beautiful man on this Earth...

Brian
01-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Yes Betti, Wanda does say some wonderful things about Elvis and her relationship that she shared with him for over 10 years. It is difficult not to believe some of the things she writes and many here will attest that she is a very genuine person.

I've just got to ask

If Marty Lacker, Sonny West, Red West and everyone else that knew Elvis say that Wanda June Hill wasn't a friend of Elvis and that he never knew her.
Why do you believe her?

Since Elvis died a lot of people have come forward claiming to be friends with him when they are just scam artists looking to make a buck

I could write a book about being friends with Elvis with just common knowledge facts about him along with make believe stories.

see what I mean

Wanda June Hill is just like Billy Miller or Earl Greenwood