PDA

View Full Version : Stax in "Careless love"

jeanno
10-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Hello to all of you :
I read this week (4 days were needed!) the excellent LAST TRAIN TO MEMPHIS from Guralnick as the book was translated to spanish. The second part, sadly, wasn?t.... Does anybody could tell if he talks about the Stax sessions there? What does he say?

Albert
10-24-2004, 11:02 AM
No there's hardly anything mentioned about Stax. Of course it IS mentioned, but nothing specific.

Captain Elwood David
10-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Just one, of many, examples as to how "Careless Love" ..................... was a way too superficial treatment of EP's very important last two decades of his career.

A real shame, because based upon "Last Train", ............ Guralnick was capable of much, much more.

- Capt. "EL."

jeanno
10-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Thanks Albert / Captain
It?s a shame : i CAN?T find anything about Stax and i?d like to improve my site... I?ll still be searching for something.

Skjernaa
10-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi Geanno

In Rob Bowman's wonderful STAX-chronicle 'Soulsville, U.S.A' (Schirmer Books, 1997) there's a few pages regarding Elvis' STAX-sessions (p. 303-305) although they are not very flattering for our man :blush:
There's also a number of other mentionings of El throughout the book, but I doubt if it's been translated to spanish.

Regards,
Jakob

PS: Still looking forward to that back cover for your 'Roots' compilation :D

jeanno
10-27-2004, 06:58 AM
HI JAKOB :

Don?t worry : I?ll send you the back cover this week (friday or saturday). Could you scan me those pages about Rob?s STAX book whatever they may say? Thanks for helping, Jean-No.

PiersEIN
10-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Jeanno,
At last I got the chance to print out your fabulous STAX guide.
What an amazing surprise :supriced: to find myself featured in it, as well as my interview with Tony Joe White.
I was very pleased to be in such a great work. :clap:

IF you are going to expand or redo the book I have a few ideas that I could add & share with you.

I will send you a private message with more info!

Cheers
Piers

PiersEIN
10-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi Jeanno,
Awaiting your contact - where are you?

Cheers
Piers

jeanno
10-31-2004, 12:01 PM
HI PIERS!

Happy you like it!
Sorry, I?m not too often on the board as I?ve been working pretty hard for the last two monthes. Anyway, I?d be glad to get more information for the next edition! Would be great to complete the mag next to you!

Best regards, JNO