PDA

View Full Version : Is this Elvis?

TCBGIRL
01-14-2009, 03:45 AM
I was looking thrugh a book tonite and I found this photo.It caught my atention because the jumsuit is new to me.If you can help:doh:

elvispresleytheking
01-14-2009, 03:47 AM
I think It's Trent Carlini. He had that picture in a book of his performances after I went to a concert.

elvispresleytheking
01-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Notice the backup vocalists.

TCBGIRL
01-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Yes I notice.He looks like Elvis alot.Anyone has a close up where I can see his face?Oh and thank you:)

elvispresleytheking
01-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Yes I notice.He looks like Elvis alot.Anyone has a close up where I can see his face?Oh and thank you:)

You are most welcome. Here is a good pic.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/owl4ever/starmometer3/elvis.jpg

Merry
01-14-2009, 04:02 AM
I don't think he is, TCBGirl, his thighs are wrong :D

utmom2008
01-14-2009, 05:03 AM
You are most welcome. Here is a good pic.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/owl4ever/starmometer3/elvis.jpg

Ouch!!! :supriced:That pic sure doesn't look like the real deal. He should stick with profile pics!:lol::lol:

Merry
01-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Ouch!!! :supriced:That pic sure doesn't look like the real deal. He should stick with profile pics!:lol::lol:

Uhh, uhhh, no muscular thighs on that there impersonator! lol

dstrattenfan
01-14-2009, 05:19 AM
All I'm sayin is Shawn Klush(y)(y)(y)(y)

cbg84
01-14-2009, 05:32 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

ForeverTheKing
01-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Sure not Elvis :lol:

WHITETIGERMAN
01-14-2009, 06:55 AM
All I'm sayin is Shawn Klush(y)(y)(y)(y)

Yes...................him and Ryan Pelton............in my book.I've had the honor to hang around with Ryan after his shows when he was staying down in Myrtle Beach.He's a great guy.But yes that pic is of Trent

Vegas King
01-14-2009, 08:49 AM
It's not Elvis
but from profile he sure looks a lot like him

Getlo
01-14-2009, 10:46 AM
See, this is what pisses me off about the impersonators, especially the ones like this bloke and others who class themselves as "good" tribute artists (a contradiction in terms, I realise).

Can't they spend a few bucks to at least get the jumpsuit right?

Ugh!

WHITETIGERMAN
01-14-2009, 11:20 AM
See, this is what pisses me off about the impersonators, especially the ones like this bloke and others who class themselves as "good" tribute artists (a contradiction in terms, I realise).

Can't they spend a few bucks to at least get the jumpsuit right?

Ugh!

i've always said that myself too Getlo...even down to the right amount of rings on the right fingers and hands.My wife tells me to back off it...but like i say if you're gonna do it.....do it right.

Getlo
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
...but like i say if you're gonna do it.....do it right.

I say, if you're gonna do it ... please DON'T!

easyrider
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
It's not Elvis

shelley.m.
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM

Yup! He really should stick with profile pictures.

midnight
01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I would recognize Elvis' tush anywhere and that is not his! :lol: Also the nose .....noone got that perfect profile........if you look carefully this guy got a slight bump on his nose. I agree Getlo "please do not do it"!

renapap05
01-14-2009, 01:41 PM
He looks like Elvis,but he's not Elvis.The Jumpsuit is new and the female singers are different.Also the quality of this picture is very high.:hmm:

Tony Trout
01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm very surprised that people might think that this is Elvis. For one, take a look at the microphone, y'all. You can quite easily tell that this is an impersonator - besides the other obvious things like the jumpsuit and the face, itself.

It surprises me when people can't recognize the real Elvis from an ETA. :doh::blink:

elvia7
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes, Rena - HE looks like ELVIS but his jumpsuit ....
ELVIS never had this ...

Diane
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
No question that this isn't Elvis. I don't know which ETA it is because I couldn't load the link given that shows him full face but I bet he's one who's had some plastic surgery to make him look more like Elvis.

Diane

epmoodyblue
01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
:hmm:well its no big deal obviosly its not elvis,,,for the expert fans like myself:lol::lmfao: who has followed elvis throughout the 70's..there was no such jumpsuit and the rest of the stuff that comes with it like the microphone blah blah blah etc..its an impersonator ... he got the nose job right..obviosly this guy cant afford a quality replica of one of elvis jumpsuits..there quite expensive.... anyways not bad as far as the looks go.. i have seen worse lookin... hes just one of the gazzillion elvis impersonators out there never liked them(n)

utmom2008
01-14-2009, 04:42 PM
It surprises me when people can't recognize the real Elvis from an ETA. :doh::blink:

I agree SP! The only one that has an excuse is Helen Keller.:supriced::lol::lol:

midnight
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I agree SP! The only one that has an excuse is Helen Keller.:supriced::lol::lol:

And even if I was like Helen Keller, I bet I could smell an Elvis impersonator a mile away!!:lol:

utmom2008
01-14-2009, 05:06 PM
And even if I was like Helen Keller, I bet I could smell an Elvis impersonator a mile away!!:lol:

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Wendy56
01-15-2009, 02:58 AM
Tricky that profile... :P But there's no other Elvis anyway! :D

TCBGIRL
01-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Yes!I agree with the side picture.The picture I just finish seing:supriced::nono::nono:He had me fooled for a second.Yes I really dint see the girls,..my eyes were what?:blink:THERE IS ONLY ONE ELVIS!!!!!Sorry for the impersonators..Being honest and saying what I feel always gets me in trouble...but impersonators make fools out of themselves.Embarrasing.(n)(n)

TCBGIRL
01-15-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm very surprised that people might think that this is Elvis. For one, take a look at the microphone, y'all. You can quite easily tell that this is an impersonator - besides the other obvious things like the jumpsuit and the face, itself.

Well...I like Elvis,I love Elvis,but I am not an expert on Him.Is here that I have learn about the jumsuits and many,many other things for wich I am very gratefull.Can you forgive me?please!!!

The 68'comeback

TCBGIRL

TCBGIRL
01-15-2009, 03:49 AM
I don't think he is, TCBGirl, his thighs are wrong :D

Yeahhhhhhh:lmfao:

TCBGIRL
01-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Who is Helen Keller?See...now you made me feel stupid:blush:

TCBGIRL
01-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Who is Helen Keller?See...now you made me feel stupid:blush:Im out of here

WHITETIGERMAN
01-15-2009, 04:34 AM
I say, if you're gonna do it ... please DON'T!

Ok.....Ok......you are very right....nothing like the original King Of Rock.(y)

WHITETIGERMAN
01-15-2009, 04:38 AM

That bugs me too when people can't tell either when it's not Elvis in a pic or when a song is playing and also think it's Elvis and not him.

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
The problem with many tribute artists is that they are not proportioned the same as Elvis, some of these guys just look terrible http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04212.gif

jeanelvisgirl
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Looks like Carlini to me too....

Diane
01-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Who is Helen Keller?See...now you made me feel stupid:blush:

Helen Keller was a blind girl. There was a book and movie about her life called The Miracle Worker starring Patty Duke and Ann Bancroft.

Don't feel stupid.:D

Diane

SleepyJack
01-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Not to turn this into another bout of ETA-bashing.....but here`s another thing that seriously gets on my nerves!..... When you see videos on youtube or someplace and there is a guy,who already is a million steps off the mark with the suit and the over-the top vocals doing his "thing" in some tiny venue,with sound equipment that is no better than a childs` karaoke machine.....when Elvis put on the suit it was special,it was an event,and it was part of the whole electric atmosphere that he created...I`ve lost count of the number of times I`ve seen some of these clowns standing,in daylight,at the opening of a supermarket or some other trivial foolishness.....it`s sickening. How are people supposed to take Elvis seriously after things like this?........If you don`t have the voice and you`re not willing to invest in quality jumpsuits etc....don`t go outside of your own house and try to be Elvis......STAY AWAY!

Tony Trout
01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Not to turn this into another bout of ETA-bashing.....but here`s another thing that seriously gets on my nerves!..... When you see videos on youtube or someplace and there is a guy,who already is a million steps off the mark with the suit and the over-the top vocals doing his "thing" in some tiny venue,with sound equipment that is no better than a childs` karaoke machine.....when Elvis put on the suit it was special,it was an event,and it was part of the whole electric atmosphere that he created...I`ve lost count of the number of times I`ve seen some of these clowns standing,in daylight,at the opening of a supermarket or some other trivial foolishness.....it`s sickening. How are people supposed to take Elvis seriously after things like this?........If you don`t have the voice and you`re not willing to invest in quality jumpsuits etc....don`t go outside of your own house and try to be Elvis......STAY AWAY!

Agreed 1,000,000%! If you're gonna call yourself an impersonator (I dislike the term Elvis Tribute Artist simply because alot of these guys aren't paying tribute to Elvis - they're just making themselves and Elvis's image look stupid to the general public), they should at least make sure that they've got the $$$ to spend on good quality jumpsuits and a sound system that's better than a karaoke machine.

SleepyJack
01-15-2009, 04:35 PM
What I find hard to understand as well is.....If they are Elvis fans themselves,and if they have such great respect and admiration for the man,his music,and his image......Why can they not see the harm that they do?......and if you can`t see the utter ridiculousness of it at those conventions,where there are hundreds of them.....then....well....enough said!...the lights aint on and nobody`s home!

KPM
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Nope not Elvis.