PDA

View Full Version : What did YOU do for Elvis' birthday?

renapap05
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I was listening to his music all day,saw "Kid Galahad" and "Viva Las Vegas" and lighted up some candles.What did YOU do?;)

Laura Harrell
01-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I went to a very special Elvis birthday celebration at the Municipal Auditorium in my hometown, Shreveport, Louisiana. Lots of great history in that building where Elvis appeared on the Louisiana Hayride. You can really feel his prescence and spirit in that building! Just to stand on that stage where he performed is amazing!

ilovelvis
01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I left early from work, went to Santa Anita race track and decided to play a horse called Return Of The King. I always play the king horses (because of Elvis, of course!). The horse won and paid $6.20, no big deal. I just felt it was my special way of celebrating Elvis' birthday since this horse was running on January 8. And even better that he won. Well, there's much more to the story. I don't know if there is anyone reading this who is from Southern California, but back on Christmas Eve, you may have heard on the news about a guy who dressed up as Santa Claus, went to the house of his former wife where a party was going on, and killed 9 people (and then killed himself) in the city of Covina. The story ran on the news for a few days. Turns out, one of the guys killed was the owner of Return Of The King. Talk about a small world. What are the odds (no pun intended)? I found out about it because I watched the race on tv and they told the story. A bunch of friends of the guy who owned the horse came out to watch the horse run and they were rewarded with getting their picture taken in the winner's circle and from what I read, they were very emotional remembering their friend who owned this horse and that this would be the last time the horse would be running for its owner. This story turned out to be so much more than I expected. I'm going to keep an eye on him to see if he runs again. It won't be the same connections, but now that horse has an extra special meaning to me. Here is a picture of Return Of The King, winning on January 8, 2009, at Santa Anita:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/gubay/HORSE%20RACING/0RETURNOFTHEKING.jpg

utmom2008
01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
What a gorgeous horse!(y)(y)

I stayed home all day and watched TCM and TV Land and their all day celebrations!(y)

ForeverTheKing
01-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I just listened to his music and had a big thought for me ;)

I usually dedicated the day to him, watching movies and concerts but not I can't do it anymore because of my work :'(:'(

midnight
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I had to work during the day but he was in my thoughts. I watched TTWII and Priscilla on Larry King!

cbg84
01-09-2009, 07:01 PM
After I got home and finished doing everything else that needed to be done I had and Elvis movie night.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I watched what I could on tv and then I watched some of my stuff on DVD all night.

easyrider
01-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I listen his music all day(y)

LtCarman
01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I watched "Elvis on Tour" for the first time.

jeanelvisgirl
01-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Once I got home in the afternoon I listened to a Special EER Birthday Show...watched the Live Streaming of the events at Graceland...settled down then here to listen to the MEW Birthday Celebration NINE hour show by Malc...we had a great time in the chat - very frantic at times, alot of fun - lots of emotion and tears...missed Steve BBM.....but it was great - in between all that I was TCB-ing on our website, texting and mailing other friends......drinking wine and lighting candles......got to bed at 1.00am

Only then did I realise I hadn't actually WATCHED Elvis all day....lol

elvisia
01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I was at work, then shopping and in the evening I was with other Elvisfans....eating a lot of birthday cakes and listening to Elvis. A friend of mine has this georgeous Elvis room and that`s where we spend the evening. She just bought this Elvis jukebox and 47 different Elvis singles to put in it....and a lot of fun we had with it:D

memphis69
01-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I WATCHED ELVIS DVDS TTWII, 68 SPECIAL AND ELVIS ON TOUR. THEN I WATCHED ELVIS 56 ON BIO CHANNEL AND VIVA LAS VEGAS ON TCM. I ALSO PLAYED SOME OF MY FAVOURITE ALBUMS SUCH AS ELVIS COUNTRY AND PROMISED LAND.
I HAD A GREAT DAY!

midnight
01-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I was at work, then shopping and in the evening I was with other Elvisfans....eating a lot of birthday cakes and listening to Elvis. A friend of mine has this georgeous Elvis room and that`s where we spend the evening. She just bought this Elvis jukebox and 47 different Elvis singles to put in it....and a lot of fun we had with it:D

Wow that room is wonderful! It is done so stylish! If I had that I would never want to come out! Is that a huge Elvis doll sitting down? I think I would find that a little creepy! That is a great collection.(y)

Fair Dinkum
01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
After finshing that 4 letter word (work),put on the 2 FTD CD's In Person.Then
watched the 1st Ed Sullivan show on DVD.(y)

shelley.m.
01-10-2009, 02:20 AM
I went to work.I wore my "new" Elvis tee-shirt,that friends of mine bought me for Xmas.I also wore my Elvis watch,so that I could be close to our man.

Wendy56
01-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Elvisia... Is that a life-size Elvis statue? Looks :cool:

Wendy56
01-10-2009, 06:24 AM
I had to work since the very early morning until 8 pm. But I wished to Elvis a happy birthday at 4:30am! :clap: At night I came here to TCB. I made a cake for my birthday and that day celebrated Elvis' birthday too. Two celebrations in one. :clap: :]
On January 8th I also listened Elvis music. :D

kathy parkinson
01-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Would you believe i had the **** flu, very sore throat, was on penicillin, and very frustrated. Now i'm improving, so will have an Elvis night tonight.

shelley.m.
01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I wish I would have done alot more to celebrate Elvis`birthday,like stayed home from work and watched TCM,then played a few Elvis cd`s.Maybe even opened up a bottle of Elvis wine and drank a toast to our man.

Elton
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Watched King Creole on my pc.

jatta-tcb
01-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I listened to his music all day long :king:

lindamemphis
01-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone! New here! :)

Went to see the magnificent Max Pellicano on Jan 8 who is in Australia at the moment with his Elvis to the Max show. It was an awesome show (as usual) and a great night!! :)

Any other Max fans or Aussies on here?

memphis69
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone! New here! :)

Went to see the magnificent Max Pellicano on Jan 8 who is in Australia at the moment with his Elvis to the Max show. It was an awesome show (as usual) and a great night!! :)

Any other Max fans or Aussies on here?

WELCOME TO TCB WORLD.

I AM A AUSSIE ELVIS FAN!! ELVIS HAS SO MANY FANS DOWN UNDER IT IS GREAT!!
THERE ARE A FEW OF US HERE ON THIS FORUM.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT HERE!!
TAKE CARE
MELISSA