PDA

View Full Version : Elvis' Memory

memphis69
01-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I Think It Is Just Amazing That Every Year Elvis' Birthday Gets So Much Coverage. Here In Australia It Is The Morning Of January 8th Elvis' Birthday And On The Tv They Are Talking About Elvis And Playing His Songs On The Radio And Fans Are Talking About There Elvis Memories.

There Has Been No Other Entertainer (or Person) Who Can Command So Much Attention And Affection. Frank Sinatra And The Beatles Were Big Stars And Admired But The Love They Generate With People Is Nothing Compared To The Way Elvis Is Admired And Remembered With Such Respect And Love.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Nothing or no one will ever compare to the magnatisim this man has generated.He was truely one in a million.I don't see no one ever being this loved or this well remembered so many years after their passing.There just is no one to be compared with him.He for sure is in a catagory all his own.ELVIS PRESLEY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

memphis69
01-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I AGREE 100% AND THE LOVE FOR ELVIS JUST SEEMS TO GET BIGGER EACH YEAR. THERE ARE YOUNG PEOPLE DISCOVERING HIS MUSIC AND BUYING HIS RECORDS. I AM ONLY 32 YEARS OLD AND I WAS 1YEAR OLD WHEN ELVIS DIED AND I BECAME A FAN 8 YEARS AGO AND I AM NOW A SERIOUS COLLECTOR OF HIS MUSIC HE IS THE ONLY SINGER I LISTEN TO.

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!!!!!!

Merry
01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
I Think It Is Just Amazing That Every Year Elvis' Birthday Gets So Much Coverage. Here In Australia It Is The Morning Of January 8th Elvis' Birthday And On The Tv They Are Talking About Elvis And Playing His Songs On The Radio And Fans Are Talking About There Elvis Memories.

There Has Been No Other Entertainer (or Person) Who Can Command So Much Attention And Affection. Frank Sinatra And The Beatles Were Big Stars And Admired But The Love They Generate With People Is Nothing Compared To The Way Elvis Is Admired And Remembered With Such Respect And Love.

Dearest Melissa,

I woke to our Morning Show on Channel 9, they were honouring Elvis for his Birthday, I agree with you!

Melissa, which radio station are you on, as I need to know? lol :D

:hug:
Kimmi

KPM
01-08-2009, 01:45 AM
It only goes to show you that this man was truely special.
He reaches people, touches people-its amazing.

shelley.m.
01-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Long live the King of Rock'n'Roll!!!

memphis69
01-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Dearest Melissa,

I woke to our Morning Show on Channel 9, they were honouring Elvis for his Birthday, I agree with you!

Melissa, which radio station are you on, as I need to know? lol :D

:hug:
Kimmi

THE RADIO STATIONS WERE 3AW MELBOURNE AND MAGIC 1278 THEY ALWAYS PLAY ELVIS!!!!!

Wendy56
01-09-2009, 03:41 AM
Elvis is Elvis... only one that could have that magic. I heard something related to Elvis' memory in Cilla's today speech (E's birthday one). I hope Elvis knows how much important he is for fans: today fans and tomorrow ones too.

Merry
01-09-2009, 03:51 AM
THE RADIO STATIONS WERE 3AW MELBOURNE AND MAGIC 1278 THEY ALWAYS PLAY ELVIS!!!!!

Thanks Melissa, we don't have reception here, too far :blink:(n)

Lucky duck, lol

midnight
01-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Elvis has always been remembered here in Newfoundland ,Canada on his Birthday and on August 16. Our news for the last 31 years has paid tribute to him on these two occasions and they did so again tonight. Our local cable also shows parts of the 68 special and the Hawaii concert in between shows. That was such a big treat years ago before DVDs or Videos when you only saw Elvis during his specials. On days like today I would run to the TV every hour to see if I could get a glimpse of him in between TV shows.
I am so happy that all these years later he is still remembered....it just shows the magnitude of his popularity and charisma!(y)

shelley.m.
01-09-2009, 05:37 AM
I wore my Elvis tee-shirt and watch to work today,only to have one of my many "co-workers" make a few uncalled remarks about me wearing my t-shirt.I let him have it right between the eyes.I don't mean hit the jerk.I used a few choice words,which blew the guy away.If you have nothing nice to say,then don't say anything.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-09-2009, 05:44 AM
I wore my Elvis tee-shirt and watch to work today,only to have one of my many "co-workers" make a few uncalled remarks about me wearing my t-shirt.I let him have it right between the eyes.I don't mean hit the jerk.I used a few choice words,which blew the guy away.If you have nothing nice to say,then don't say anything.

Now that's what I'm talking about.I would have done the same thing.
Most people know how I am about Elvis and don't say nothing to me because of the fact..............it'll be on.

shelley.m.
01-09-2009, 06:16 AM
I put up with that crap when I was younger and didn't do sqwat about it.Now,I'll let'em have it!

WHITETIGERMAN
01-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I put up with that crap when I was younger and didn't do sqwat about it.Now,I'll let'em have it!

When I turned 18........I really started speaking my peace about it all together.

shelley.m.
01-10-2009, 03:40 AM
The guy that said those uncalled remarks yesterday,sure didn't have much to say to me today after I told him what I really thought of him.He never thought I would actually say what I did say to him.I think he was more shocked,then anything.