PDA

View Full Version : For members that saw an Elvis Performance

ehollier
01-06-2009, 04:23 AM
For those lucky few here who were lucky enough to witness The King in concert, please share with us those wonderful and beautiful memories?

What was the atmosphere like?

Was there a certain electricity about him, his entrance, his performance that is unique only to him?

What did her wear?

Where was the show?

What was his best song?

Any funny or memorable comments during his on-stage banter?

What was that feeling like as he entered the stage?

Brian
01-06-2009, 05:01 AM
You've never been

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 06:23 AM
There was an anticipation during 2001 that would almost make me feel as though I were going to hyperventilate. It was an unbelievable feeling in Vegas because I knew that in mere seconds he was going to be standing right there in front of me. I have never experienced anything quite like it in all of my life. In concerts it was fun because he was about to enter to a sea of camera flashes that were at times almost blinding.

Fast forward to 7:30 on this clip...that's the exact spot in 2001 where I would feel like I was going to explode.....literally.:notworthy:king::king:
nI03DudYIfc&feature=related

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 06:24 AM
You've never been

Huh????:doh:

Merry
01-06-2009, 08:27 AM
There was an anticipation during 2001 that would almost make me feel as though I were going to hyperventilate. It was an unbelievable feeling in Vegas because I knew that in mere seconds he was going to be standing right there in front of me. I have never experienced anything quite like it in all of my life. In concerts it was fun because he was about to enter to a sea of camera flashes that were at times almost blinding.

Fast forward to 7:30 on this clip...that's the exact spot in 2001 where I would feel like I was going to explode.....literally.:notworthy:king::king:
nI03DudYIfc&feature=related

Hi Rosanne,

What do you suppose you may have said or done, if you had the opportunity to meet Elvis, personally?

ehollier
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
"hyperventilate"???? WOW???? That's a new description. Was it electric??? How does a mere man produce all of these emotions?

ehollier
01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
My aunt described it as electricity bouncing off of him everywhere and he was only walking across the stage, the anticipation of his entering the stage was unbelievable, his mere presence was phenomenal, that its so difficult to put into words, as if time stood still...as the song goes.

mozzarella
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Like Jim Murray of the Imperials said in an interview, when ELVIS PRESLEY appeared "it felt like Royalty came in the room." You could just feel his majestic warm and bright presence sparkling and sizzling with electricity. Just imagine during Ronnie's thunderous drum intro, all the people stand up from their seats all smiling and tears in their eyes, when all the spotlights hit the far back of the stage and the flashes start to go off THEN - Elvis climbs up the stairs to the stage and walks towards you during the crispy and eletric riff of See See Rider. It really sounds like the entrance of a big King. I think you can sense this incredible feeling of the intro in this video:

QGzQIsBRT-0&feature=channel

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 07:15 PM
How does a mere man produce all of these emotions?

That's the "X" factor that honestly can't be explained. That's what made him different from any other performer. I bet most that saw him can't explain it either.....it was charisma, pure and simple.:notworthy:king::king:

as if time stood still...as the song goes.

Time NEVER stood still for me...it was always the quickest 60 minutes in the world. It literally went by in a flash...it seemed closer to 5 minutes rather then 60.:blush::blink:

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Rosanne,

What do you suppose you may have said or done, if you had the opportunity to meet Elvis, personally?

Probably "Oh my God...I love you", and then I probably would have fainted!:supriced::lol::lol::lol:

KPM
01-06-2009, 07:18 PM
The crowd was a mixed crowd-12 year olds, teens, 20s, 30s on up.
The crowd was noisy and people down front-were just crazy. The minute he walked on-flash bulbs popped- like a strobe light. The flashes continued into See See Rider. The thought that I was in the same room (admittedly a huge room) crossed my mind over and over. When he walked/strutted across the stage it was such a rush-charisma walking and smiling.
The show for 1976 was a pretty good one-he wore the Aztec suit.
There were no surprises in his set list to me-except America. He was attacked on stage by a middle aged woman-she caught him from behind. Many younger girls jumped on stage and were thrown off by security-ones head hit the stage with a loud thump. It was bedlam for a time. The teeny boppers sitting in front of us-went nuts when he sang Hound Dog and stood and jumped up and down:lol:
There were 5 of us in our group and 3 were not fans like myself and my brother-but they came away with a great respect for his singing ability and how electrifiying it felt in the auditorium.
When he left the stage-it was like someone took away the air.

Diane
01-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I sure remember that feeling too Rosanne. It had to be the shortest hour ever!
I think I could have sat there for twenty four hours a day just watching and listening to that man....

Diane

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
I sure remember that feeling too Rosanne. It had to be the shortest hour ever!
I think I could have sat there for twenty four hours a day just watching and listening to that man....

Diane

Absolutely!!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:king:

midnight
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Keep your stories coming . I never get tired of listening to people who have "been there". I am sure all of you appreciate the wonderful opportunity you had of seeing him live and just being in the same room with him at the same time. That is the one thing that I find so sad is that I will never ever get the chance to see him in this lifetime!:'( It is great to get to Graceland and see his things but it still is NOT HIM!
Just hearing people`s experiences of being to a show kind of makes it seem a little like "being there".(y)

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Keep your stories coming . I never get tired of listening to people who have "been there". I am sure all of you appreciate the wonderful opportunity you had of seeing him live and just being in the same room with him at the same time. That is the one thing that I find so sad is that I will never ever get the chance to see him in this lifetime!:'( It is great to get to Graceland and see his things but it still is NOT HIM!
Just hearing people`s experiences of being to a show kind of makes it seem a little like "being there".(y)

Thanks for telling us that Kim.(y) To be honest, sometimes I hesitate to talk about it alot for fear that people will think "I'm so tired of hearing her Elvis stories.":blush::blush:

midnight
01-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for telling us that Kim.(y) To be honest, sometimes I hesitate to talk about it alot for fear that people will think "I'm so tired of hearing her Elvis stories.":blush::blush:

Please do not ever think that. I for one want to hear them over and over!(y)

KPM
01-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Since I only saw him one time-I worry that everyone will say-uh oh here comes the story...........
You are lucky you have many stories and its great to hear them.

Miss Clawdy
01-06-2009, 09:43 PM

Since I saw him never :'( I would never get tired of hearing Elvis stories ;). I love to hear your stories, Rosanne, please keep them coming (y)!

buttonhead
01-06-2009, 10:37 PM
(y) To be honest, sometimes I hesitate to talk about it alot for fear that people will think "I'm so tired of hearing her Elvis stories.":blush::blush:

Don't be... you are one of that lucky person to see Elvis live... Nobody like him or as close to that anymore.

I enjoy each of your story, Rosie...

and that goes to Diane,...Ken (KPM)... and Gail too :blush:

Donut
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes Rosanne, tell us again how Elvis kissed you :D:lol:;)

ehollier
01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes Rosanne, tell us again how Elvis kissed you :D:lol:;)

I never get tired of listening to someone's story about kissing Elvis, or seeing his concerts and describing him performing. I would walk on water to see him perform.

ehollier
01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Its so difficult to read something here and really get the writers full feeling of the experience. I was listening to my aunt the other day describe Elvis in concert and she said how great it all was, but to see and hear her descriptions, she sounded like a lady about to hyperventilate...:blush: She kept telling me "you just had to be there. I just can't describe to you the electricity bouncing off of this man."

Donut
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I never get tired of listening to someone's story about kissing Elvis, or seeing his concerts and describing him performing. I would walk on water to see him perform.

I like them too but I found them hard to imagine.

ehollier
01-06-2009, 10:59 PM
I like them too but I found them hard to imagine.

Good thing we have those like Rosanne and Gail to share their stories. I wish the other members would share their stories. I know that we have a few who were at the shows in Vegas, Summer, 1970. I wonder if we have anyone who was at the Vegas shows in 1969. Now that would be an interesting description.

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:00 PM
"hyperventilate"???? WOW???? That's a new description. Was it electric???

I was listening to my aunt the other day describe Elvis in concert and she said how great it all was, but to see and hear her descriptions, she sounded like a lady about to hyperventilate...:blush:

Hyperventilate - I thought on page 1 you told Rosanne you had never heard anyone describe it that way???? That is a word I've heard often from people who saw him and was surprised that you'd never heard that before.

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Here's what I was like when he got close to me - blonde with hair ribbon would be the way I acted.

ODpkOitQN1I

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Hyperventilate - I thought on page 1 you told Rosanne you had never heard anyone describe it that way???? That is a word I've heard often from people who saw him and was surprised that you'd never heard that before.

I've never heard anyone say that they were about to hyperventilate while anticipating Elvis on stage. When she was describing her experience, she was just 'oh, you just had to be there, oh, that man was just so .... Liz, I can't even describe it to you."

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Here's what I was like when he got close to me - blonde with hair ribbon would be the way I acted.

ODpkOitQN1I

Are you serious??? WOW!!!! How long were you attached to him before someone pulled you away?

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I've never heard anyone say that they were about to hyperventilate while anticipating Elvis on stage.

:lol: Your little signature man looks like he is about to hyperventilate with his dreams of the beach.:lol::lol:

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:12 PM
:lol: Your little signature man looks like he is about to hyperventilate with his dreams of the beach.:lol::lol:

Well, I am ready for the winter to be over and now dreaming of getting to the beach in July.
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Nature/nature-018.gif

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Are you serious??? WOW!!!! How long were you attached to him before someone pulled you away?

Until Priscilla came up and took off her shoe and knocked me upside the head!! :D:D

ehollier
Rosanne, when my aunt and I were talking Monday, I was thinking your you and Gail and the stories you share here about seeing him in concert. To see her animated in her telling the story, I realize just how much this method of communication misses the mark when I imagine you watching him up there. You know what I mean?

utmom2008
Well, I am ready for the winter to be over and now dreaming of getting to the beach in July.
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Nature/nature-018.gif

I wasn't sure if he was hyperventilating due to dreams of the beach, or if he was just plain 'ole snoring.:lol:

mozzarella

Rosanne! If you felt you're gonna hyperventillate during the 2001 intro what did you think and feel when you actually saw him walk out? :blink:

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Until Priscilla came up and took off her shoe and knocked me upside the head!! :D:D

But I bet sure was pretty up close, huh?

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Rosanne, when my aunt and I were talking Monday, I was thinking your you and Gail and the stories you share here about seeing him in concert. To see her animated in her telling the story, I realize just how much this method of communication misses the mark when I imagine you watching him up there. You know what I mean?

I understand what you are saying completely. I hate to use this expression, but......you really had to be there. It's so hard to convey otherwise.:blush:

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Liz,
I can tell you as I've told others for the past 32 years - there are just no words to describe the feelings you had when seeing him in person. I have a friend who was not a fan, NOT A FAN AT ALL, and she and I saw him in Memphis in 3/77 on his motorcycle and she was ABSOLUTELY PARALYZED, COULDN'T MOVE, COULDN'T TALK - JUST FLAT OUT PARALYZED!!!! So, if he had that affect on non-fans - can you just imagine how the fans reacted???

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:20 PM
But I bet sure was pretty up close, huh?

What?? Her shoe??? I really didn't notice!

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:24 PM
I bet he was really beautiful up close? My aunt said "well perserved", but she also said "he sure had it going"......

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Rosanne! If you felt you're gonna hyperventillate during the 2001 intro what did you think and feel when you actually saw him walk out? :blink:

The first time I ever saw him was August of '71 in Vegas. I had seen TTWII about 20 times and I could not wait to see if he was even close to being as handsome in person as he was on the screen. Imagine my surprise when he was 100 times MORE handsome!:supriced::supriced:

Every time after that I would have the same thoughts when he first hit the stage. I would think the same thing EVERY time....."God...I forgot just how handsome he REALLY is".:notworthy:notworthy:king:

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Liz,
I can tell you as I've told others for the past 32 years - there are just no words to describe the feelings you had when seeing him in person. I have a friend who was not a fan, NOT A FAN AT ALL, and she and I saw him in Memphis in 3/77 on his motorcycle and she was ABSOLUTELY PARALYZED, COULDN'T MOVE, COULDN'T TALK - JUST FLAT OUT PARALYZED!!!! So, if he had that affect on non-fans - can you just imagine how the fans reacted???

I guess it has always been something that really stumps me and I have never ever been able to find an answer for -- what he had that made him like that......he had "IT" and its so hard to find an adequate description for that.

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I guess it has always been something that really stumps me and I have never ever been able to find an answer for -- what he had that made him like that......he had "IT" and its so hard to find an adequate description for that.

Nor has anyone else been able to explain it!!!

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Nor has anyone else been able to explain it!!!

I mean, if a non-fan could be so overcome by his mere presence, without a note being sung, what do you call what he had that made him so overwhelmingly charismatic????? It just really boggles the mind. I mean, when he was born, did the charm gods come down and bestow upon him some supernatural power that would allow him to cause his fans to react this way?

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:37 PM
And in addition to this supernatural, for lack of a better word, gift of charisma, he had loads of talent and great looks. How does only one person get bestowed that many gifts????

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I think Diane will agree with me on this point as well....he was so graceful with the way he handled the stage. So smooth....without even trying. When he would first hit the stage he would walk the stage from one end to the other with his thumbs hooked on his belt. He was absolutely the coolest man I've ever seen!!(y)
No matter how many times we saw him my Dad would ALWAYS have a comment about Elvis' perfect posture.:notworthy:king::hug::king:

mozzarella
01-06-2009, 11:40 PM
If any of you are into this "new age" or 2012 stuff and consciousness shift thingy I would say that the whole thing started with Elvis and he was simply born with this fresh and brand new type of energy, new way of thinking and undiscovered emotions and he HAD TO wear that on his looks. In a sense he started the consciousness shift. (Please don't throw stones at me but I really mean that)

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
And in addition to this supernatural, for lack of a better word, gift of charisma, he had loads of talent and great looks. How does only one person get bestowed that many gifts????

It was a gift from God I would guess.:notworthy:king:(y)

TotallyInsane
01-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Or many gifts from God!!

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
If any of you are into this "new age" or 2012 stuff and consciousness shift thingy I would say that the whole thing started with Elvis and he was simply born with this fresh and brand new type of energy, new way of thinking and undiscovered emotions and he HAD TO wear that on his looks. In a sense he started the consciousness shift. (Please don't throw stones at me but I really mean that)

I never really thought about that. Thanks for sharing that.

presley31
01-06-2009, 11:45 PM

agree...l didn't get to see elvis alive but l thank the lord everyday for that wonderful man cause nobody will come close to elvis or be able fill his shoes. elvis was one of kind..hope that made sense:blush:

midnight
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
I think Diane will agree with me on this point as well....he was so graceful with the way he handled the stage. So smooth....without even trying. When he would first hit the stage he would walk the stage from one end to the other with his thumbs hooked on his belt. He was absolutely the coolest man I've ever seen!!(y)
No matter how many times we saw him my Dad would ALWAYS have a comment about Elvis' perfect posture.:notworthy:king::hug::king:

Keep talking Rosanne and Gail....I am enjoying this conversation! Rosanne his complexion looked so perfect not a blemish.....was it really like that? I am always amazed at his eyelashes... could you see them where you were sitting? I know these are silly questions but I just can not picture him in person!

utmom2008
01-06-2009, 11:52 PM
agree...l didn't get to see elvis alive but l thank the lord everyday for that wonderful man cause nobody will come close to elvis or be able fill his shoes. elvis was one of kind..hope that made sense:blush:

That made perfect sense Jen...I completely agree with you.:blush:

Keep talking Rosanne and Gail....I am enjoying this conversation! Rosanne his complexion looked so perfect not a blemish.....was it really like that? I am always amazed at his eyelashes... could you see them where you were sitting? I know these are silly questions but I just can not picture him in person!

Yes, it was flawless. This sounds ridiculous maybe, but there wasn't anything about him that wasn't perfect and gorgeous. And, yes, we could see his eyelashes.:blush: When I got the kiss and the scarf it was the same night, but not the same moment. I was kissed first and then he brought me the scarf later. Both times my Mom commented on how beautiful his hands were.:notworthy:king::king::king:

midnight
01-06-2009, 11:52 PM

ODpkOitQN1I

Gail you were really that close! I can not imagine......I mean just look at him! I act like that girl in the blue ribbon when I am watching it on TV!:lol: I do not what I would do! I would love to kiss him but I would of loved to have stroked his hair....what can you do in such a brief moment of sure delight and panic.....it must have been crazy!! OK I have to calm down now:blush:.....

midnight
01-06-2009, 11:54 PM
That made perfect sense Jen...I completely agree with you.:blush:

Yes, it was flawless. This sounds ridiculous maybe, but there wasn't anything about him that wasn't perfect and gorgeous. And, yes, we could see his eyelashes.:blush: When I got the kiss and the scarf it was the same night, but not the same moment. I was kissed first and then he brought me the scarf later. Both times my Mom commented on how beautiful his hands were.:notworthy:king::king::king:

Even his hands were beautiful...... They really were!

ehollier
01-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I would love to meet Gail's non-Elvis fan friend. From a non-fan perspective, it would be interesting to hear how a convert describes it, too.

ehollier
01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Listening to Rosanne and Gail, doesn't it sound almost like a religious experience???? For a mere man to produce that sort of response from his fans, it sounds almost like a religious experience.

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I would love to meet Gail's non-Elvis fan friend. From a non-fan perspective, it would be interesting to hear how a convert describes it, too.

It was great for me to see that cause everyone in school always made fun of me!!! Well, you better believe that when we got back to school I let everyone know just how badly she was affected!!!!!! Sweeeetttt revenge!!!

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Listening to Rosanne and Gail, doesn't it sound almost like a religious experience???? For a mere man to produce that sort of response from his fans, it sounds almost like a religious experience.

Well, Jesus Christ Liz - IT WAS!!!!! :D:D

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:08 AM
The first time I kissed him was 8/18/72 and my mother actually thought she was going to have to call a house doctor for me!!! After he walked away I lost it!! Wouldn't drink or eat anything cause I didn't want to wet my lips, couldn't go to sleep, just a basket case! I remember his face being so so so smooth and I felt like 1/4 of an inch tall - he just seemed as big as the room standing in front of me.

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, Jesus Christ Liz - IT WAS!!!!! :D:D

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:12 AM
The first time I kissed him was 8/18/72 and my mother actually thought she was going to have to call a house doctor for me!!! After he walked away I lost it!! Wouldn't drink or eat anything cause I didn't want to wet my lips, couldn't go to sleep, just a basket case! I remember his face being so so so smooth and I felt like 1/4 of an inch tall - he just seemed as big as the room standing in front of me.

I know you were just a very young girl then but now being a woman and seeing him in person you must understand why grown woman just threw themselves at him. I guess that is why he had so many woman......he was just too hard to resist!(y)

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I know you were just a very young girl then but now being a woman and seeing him in person you must understand why grown woman just threw themselves at him. I guess that is why he had so many woman......he was just too hard to resist!(y)

Kim,
I understood it at 14 - THE MAN WAS JUST HOT!!!!!!

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Kim,
I understood it at 14 - THE MAN WAS JUST HOT!!!!!!

OMG Gail he sounds even better then that shampoo that gives you that 'Organic" feeling!:lmfao::lmfao:

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:17 AM
OK - let's just be perfectly honest here since hubby's not home - there hasn't been any shampoo or anything else that gives you that "Organic" feeling like he did!!! :supriced::blush:

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I just knew it! All it takes for me is a few bars of "sock a little polk salad"! :lmfao::lmfao:

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I just knew it! All it takes for me is a few bars of "sock a little polk salad"! :lmfao::lmfao:

Funny you say that cause look what I just went looking for!! I don't know about ya'll but I "ain't" never seen my hubby do this!!!

FOzaVpgeHJg

ehollier
01-07-2009, 12:22 AM
OK - let's just be perfectly honest here since hubby's not home - there hasn't been any shampoo or anything else that gives you that "Organic" feeling like he did!!! :supriced::blush:

Well, Gail. I've never heard it described exactly like that. :blush: Maybe we should take a poll from all of those who did see witness the experience.:) I'm betting you're not the only one to say that......:P

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Funny you say that cause look what I just went looking for!! I don't know about ya'll but I "ain't" never seen my hubby do this!!!

FOzaVpgeHJg

I have not seen my hubs do it either but sometimes I pretend he is doing it!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I have not seen my hubs do it either but sometimes I pretend he is doing it!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

ehollier
01-07-2009, 12:24 AM

FOzaVpgeHJg

Which part???????? :blush::supriced::blush:

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Which part???????? :blush::supriced::blush:

Any part!!!

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Kim,
Can you pass the pitcher of ice water, please????????????

ehollier
01-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Gail, not to take away from your organic experience at the moment, but when he kissed you (pick a time), did he refer to you as 'honey', 'baby' or 'sweetheart'?

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Gail, not to take away from your organic experience at the moment, but when he kissed you (pick a time), did he refer to you as 'honey', 'baby' or 'sweetheart'?

The first time he said "hello sweetheart" - the second time I can't tell you if he said anything - I was hanging on to his shoulder with one hand and hanging on to my scarf with the other hand that my sister was trying to pull out of my hand!!!

ehollier
01-07-2009, 12:37 AM
The first time he said "hello sweetheart" - the second time I can't tell you if he said anything - I was hanging on to his shoulder with one hand and hanging on to my scarf with the other hand that my sister was trying to pull out of my hand!!!

I guess getting a kiss from Elvis during his performance was a little like going to church and getting communion. Without being sacreligious, I am just a little low on comparisons.

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:43 AM
I don't think I can answer that one!! :D

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Kim,
Can you pass the pitcher of ice water, please????????????

Yes it is getting kind of hot in here.

Diane
01-07-2009, 12:47 AM

The most amazing part of that smooth strolling across the stage was that it seemed perfectly natural to him as opposed to something planned. I've rarely seen a man move that way and it's something that attracts me immediately!

His skin was flawless and his eyes very clear and yes eyelashes were long which I could see even from about 8 feet away. I honestly don't know if I could have taken being any closer. His hands were long and tapered like a musician's hands.

His hair.....just gorgeous...but that smile and that laugh would have done me in if I hadn't already been there.

Diane

mozzarella
01-07-2009, 12:52 AM
It's great that it suddenly turned into a sexually charged female thread... You naughty baaad girls...:) I'm leaving the sinking ship... :D:D

midnight
01-07-2009, 12:58 AM
The most amazing part of that smooth strolling across the stage was that it seemed perfectly natural to him as opposed to something planned. I've rarely seen a man move that way and it's something that attracts me immediately!

His skin was flawless and his eyes very clear and yes eyelashes were long which I could see even from about 8 feet away. I honestly don't know if I could have taken being any closer. His hands were long and tapered like a musician's hands.

His hair.....just gorgeous...but that smile and that laugh would have done me in if I hadn't already been there.

Diane

All I can say Diane is WOW!

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 12:59 AM
It's great that it suddenly turned into a sexually charged female thread... You naughty baaad girls...:) I'm leaving the sinking ship... :D:D

Seeee yaaaaaaa!!!!!! :lmfao::lmfao:

ehollier
01-07-2009, 01:03 AM
It's great that it suddenly turned into a sexually charged female thread... .............:D:D

Don't you think it was about time????? This is much more fun to discuss than what we've had the last week!!!!!:D :D :D

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 01:06 AM
He may think the ship is sinking but I think it's just beginning to rock and roll!!!!

ehollier
01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
He may think the ship is sinking but I think it's just beginning to rock and roll!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

midnight
01-07-2009, 01:20 AM

A sinking ship? No way this dicussion "floats my boat"!:lmfao::lmfao:

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 01:40 AM
A sinking ship? No way this dicussion "floats my boat"!:lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

midnight
01-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Gail, did you ever see Lisa at any of Elvis' concerts or did you ever see her when she was little?

shelley.m.
01-07-2009, 02:50 AM
I only wish,I would have had the chance to see Elvis live in concert.

TotallyInsane
01-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Gail, did you ever see Lisa at any of Elvis' concerts or did you ever see her when she was little?

No, I never saw her at any concerts. However, I did see her at Graceland when he died as we were walking up the driveway to go in the house. She was walking across the front of the house towards the meditation garden - there was a man with her but I'm not sure who it was.

utmom2008
01-07-2009, 03:26 AM

Since my hubs is a football coach I suggested that every time the team scores a touchdown all the men on the coaching staff should learn the moves from 3:23 til 3:50...and for all of them to do it on the sideline. I think it would sure help with the attendance on Friday nights.;):wiggle::wiggle::lol:

vegas 74
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM

Little Lisa sat just a few yards behind me in Vegas 1974, She was with Priscilla and Sheila Ryan. Elvis introduced Lisa but as she stood and turned to wave her dress had pulled up her back and Elvis was quick to tell her to pull it back down!
I turned to look at Elvis who was stood over me and he had the biggest grin as he shook his head.

ehollier
01-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Little Lisa sat just a few yards behind me in Vegas 1974, She was with Priscilla and Sheila Ryan. Elvis introduced Lisa but as she stood and turned to wave her dress had pulled up her back and Elvis was quick to tell her to pull it back down!
I turned to look at Elvis who was stood over me and he had the biggest grin as he shook his head.

You attended 'that' concert??? The famous 'desert storm' show?

vegas 74
01-07-2009, 04:31 PM
You attended 'that' concert??? The famous 'desert storm' show?

I was at the show (2nd sept midnight closing show) seated at the middle of the stage at the end of the ramp and got to see everything (and hear)

Ever since the Fort Baxter cd "Desert Storm" came out I have had to "defend" the show....why, because all the "critics" (who were not at the show!) made up their own minds to say Elvis was "off his head" and he was this, or he was that!!.....crap.
It was a "GREAT SHOW"...Elvis looked "FANTASTIC" sang "GREAT" and just because he got a few things off his chest ( big deal)it has been turned into something else?.....I could go on in more detail but if you can get hold of a copy of "Desert Storm the Shattering of a Myth" by Darrin Lee my full account of the show is in it.

ehollier
01-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I was at the show (2nd sept midnight closing show) seated at the middle of the stage at the end of the ramp and got to see everything (and hear)

Ever since the Fort Baxter cd "Desert Storm" came out I have had to "defend" the show....why, because all the "critics" (who were not at the show!) made up their own minds to say Elvis was "off his head" and he was this, or he was that!!.....crap.
It was a "GREAT SHOW"...Elvis looked "FANTASTIC" sang "GREAT" and just because he got a few things off his chest ( big deal)it has been turned into something else?.....I could go on in more detail but if you can get hold of a copy of "Desert Storm the Shattering of a Myth" by Darrin Lee my full account of the show is in it.

Thanks for sharing your experience that evening. I've heard of that book.

TotallyInsane
01-08-2009, 12:26 AM

It's amazing how we have to defend his shows, isn't it? I've got that book and waiting on his next one he's writing.

KPM
01-08-2009, 12:33 AM

Its great to hear someone who was "actually there and saw the whole show"-give an opinion on this controversial night. For me the fact that you saw it all-lends a great credibility to your opinion.;)

Diane
01-08-2009, 12:42 AM

It's good to hear this from someone who was there and didn't feel that it was all negative.(y)

Diane

utmom2008
01-08-2009, 01:52 AM

I sat at the beginning of the ramp one year(1973), right where the ramp came out from the stage. Those ramp seats were unbelievable, don't you agree? We were there opening night of the August '73 run...he explained that night about it being the first time for him to appear in Vegas with the ramp.:P:D

Its great to hear someone who was "actually there and saw the whole show"-give an opinion on this controversial night. For me the fact that you saw it all-lends a great credibility to your opinion.;)

What's really sad is that some folks will be disappointed to hear your side of the story....they seem to enjoy the "drug-fueled tirade.":blink::blink::blink:

Thanks for sharing your opinion!(y)(y)(y)

midnight
01-08-2009, 02:17 AM

Thanks for sharing that cute story!

midnight
01-08-2009, 02:25 AM
So true many of the "critics" who commented on some of these show were never there. The best reviews are from the fans that were actually in the audience. It is great to hear from someone who was actually to the so called 'Desert Storm' show. Thanks for sharing your story with us vegas74!

Merry
01-08-2009, 02:30 AM

Hi Ken :bye:

We've needed Vegas74 on quite a few occasions, for discussions on here, haven't we? lol :D

KPM
01-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Hi Ken :bye:

We've needed Vegas74 on quite a few occasions, for discussions on here, haven't we? lol :D
Well to have actually been there-and to see the whole event as it happened-that has to add a lot to any discussion of something most of us have only heard a part of. But its all perception I guess-we all have differing views on good, bad, horrid, insane etc........

vegas 74
01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]What's really sad is that some folks will be disappointed to hear your side of the story....they seem to enjoy the "drug-fueled tirade.":blink::blink::blink:

Sad?....:hmm:

WHITETIGERMAN
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks to all for sharing these stories.It's great to hear all the great and fantastic stories about being in the same room with Elvis....had had to be overwhelming.

Merry
01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
[b][color="DarkRed"]What's really sad is that some folks will be disappointed to hear your side of the story....they seem to enjoy the "drug-fueled tirade.":blink::blink::blink:

Sad?....:hmm:

Hi Vegas 74,

I retold, as I was told it happened, a while back on here, from a friend of Elvis' whose recollections were the same as yours, Vegas 74; and I was told that this particular person whose story I was sharing, who also attended the concert personally, was wrong, and was in fact, looking through "rose coloured glasses".

It's very frustrating.

It's great that you are here, and that you can express yourself, well.

Take care,
Kim
:)

utmom2008
01-09-2009, 02:02 AM
I retold, as I was told it happened, a while back on here, from a friend of Elvis' whose recollections were the same as yours, Vegas 74; and I was told that this particular person whose story I was sharing, who also attended the concert personally, was wrong, and was in fact, looking through "rose coloured glasses".

That's exactly what I was trying to say.:blink::blink:

lindamemphis
01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I love reading these stories - thank you so much everyone for sharing!

And - wow - to have been kissed by Elvis at one of his shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm swooning just thinking about it LOL!!!

And I love this description:
"When he left the stage-it was like someone took away the air".

mozzarella
01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I love reading these stories - thank you so much everyone for sharing!

And - wow - to have been kissed by Elvis at one of his shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm swooning just thinking about it LOL!!!

And I love this description:
"When he left the stage-it was like someone took away the air".

I think it was the same feeling when he entered the stage... you stopped breathing for some seconds and you could feel and hear your heart pounding and getting shivers and goosebump flashes.

KPM
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I think it was the same feeling when he entered the stage... you stopped breathing for some seconds and you could feel and hear your heart pounding and getting shivers and goosebump flashes.
I've told this before but at the concert I was at, my buddys wife had to use the restroom and she wanted my wife to go with her.
They had to go down a level to get to the nearest one-it had a long line and they were waiting in it when the 2001 opening music started- in the blink of an eye the restroom emptied. My wife waited for my buddys wife (who rushed in to use the bathroom) on the balcony leaning over the rail and she was able to watch Elvis emerge from below her. He started his strut across the stage and he looked up in her general direction among 12,000 and smiled-when she returned to her seat her face was flushed and she screamed,
"HE SMILED AT ME HE SMILED AT ME" So funny to think about-she was not really a huge fan like me-but thats the effect of Elvis.

Diane
01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
That's a cute story about your wife Ken....yup, Elvis had that affect on woman.:D

Diane

utmom2008
01-12-2009, 08:59 PM

My heart would pound so hard that I felt like people could probably see it pounding!:lol::lol:(y)

Diane
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
My heart would pound so hard that I felt like people could probably see it pounding!:lol::lol:(y)

Ain't that the truth! :lol:

For me the combination of the opening 2001 theme that I thought was so perfect for him and the tension I was feeling knowing he was about to come out on stage was a killer. Luckily I was young and strong then and not in danger of a heart attack because the pounding didn't stop throughout the whole performance.:lol:

I really really hated to see him start to leave the stage. It took all I had not to jump up and start yelling "no no don't go!" That had to be the shortest hour I've ever had to experience.

Diane

utmom2008
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Ain't that the truth! :lol:

For me the combination of the opening 2001 theme that I thought was so perfect for him and the tension I was feeling knowing he was about to come out on stage was a killer. Luckily I was young and strong then and not in danger of a heart attack because the pounding didn't stop throughout the whole performance.:lol:

I really really hated to see him start to leave the stage. It took all I had not to jump up and start yelling "no no don't go!" That had to be the shortest hour I've ever had to experience.

Diane
Perfect post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)(y)

memphis69
01-12-2009, 09:58 PM
MY HEART POUNDS AND I NEVER EVEN SAW ELVIS LIVE !!!!:wub::wub::wub::wub:

utmom2008
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
MY HEART POUNDS AND I NEVER EVEN SAW ELVIS LIVE !!!!:wub::wub::wub::wub:

:lmfao::lmfao:(y)(y)(y)

Gayle
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I saw Elvis do a few shows. I was raised in a Pentacostal Church. My Dad was a preacher (he co-pastored with J.D. Sumner's brother at one church) and he was a gospel singer. I was used to watching preacher's control crowds of people. BUT, until I saw Elvis do a show I never realized how much control one human being could have over such a massive number of people.

I've read a lot of descriptions posted here of how people felt when they saw him. Electrifying, heart-pounding, hyperventilating. They've all got it right. It seemed as though you went into a trance and you weren't aware of your surroundings. Elvis didn't need to do anything but stand there and I think the audience would have felt like they got their money's worth.

I've been exposed to a lot of artists but never in my life have I experienced anything like Elvis.

utmom2008
01-14-2009, 12:01 AM
I've read a lot of descriptions posted here of how people felt when they saw him. It seemed as though you went into a trance and you weren't aware of your surroundings.

Great description!:notworthy:notworthy:king:

midnight
01-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Everyones descriptions is exactly how I pictured it would be. I just can not imagine REALLY being there to see him in person! I get so caught up in just watching his concerts on DVD. I have seen them hundreds of times yet each time I watch them I get swept up in my own world unaware of what is going on around me! I just think OMG this person could not of been real! So seeing him in the flesh must of been out of this world!

elvispresleytheking
01-14-2009, 03:17 AM
WOW, everyone who got to see him is so lucky. Even as a straight male, I probably would have still fought for a scarf lol.

memphis69
01-14-2009, 04:20 AM
I LOVE IT WHEN HE WALKS ON THE STAGE IN TTWII AND HE GIVES A CUTE GRIN TO THE CROWD. THIS MELTS MY HEART!!

cbg84
01-14-2009, 05:34 AM
It would have been cool to see him live. However, I was born seven years after he died. So that wouldn't have been impossible for me to do so.

phil
01-14-2009, 05:52 AM
I saw Elvis December 27th 1976 at 830 pm wearing the rainbow jumpsuit. I was 16 years old couldnt hear to much for the crowd was screaming so much it was amazing.at the end of the concert people rushed the stage and stated to rip it apart just to get a part of the king

celine
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I just love reading all of your stories and memories. This truly must have been an unforgetable experience (little understatement ;) )

lvs2day
01-28-2010, 03:34 AM
i first came across a trailer in the winter of 70 and a flash across the screen said ELVIS, ELVIS and showed some guy in white , with flashes , people going hysterical from that night on i wanted to know more about ELVIS PRESLEY and that movies , so i hit evry record store and bought the trade papers especially one mag from england[the last one], and i was amazed at all the fan clubs and pen pals, within 2 weeks i started to get resonses to my questions etc.. in less than 2 years time i was lucky enough to find a canadian club that was going down to buffallo on april.5th 72 to see ELVIS live so i sent for tickets and was lucky enough to get one we all got there and were seated in the 4th row ring side right , i could not believe the chatter that was going on while the comedian was doing his shtick, and never mind about the opening acts to much chatter booing and people getting up and going to the concessions, finally the lights started to dim[quite fast i might add], and many of the people i with along with others and myself included started to ready our cameras , i had an ol brownie that i kept checking if the green light was on . The music got louder and louder [a theme i have never heard before] , and then the drums .... and soon i honestly froze i saw ELVIS PRESLEY comming up stage left , just behind the yellow curtins and it was great to see him even though i tried to get closer like all the people a rope was put around the stage at least 2 feet from the stage with cops all around , and some press photogs taking pics of him, and the flashes were making it look like a light show , it was kind of scary i couldn't hear myself but i sure felt my heart beating, he looked at the sweets and came straight to charlie put on his guitar and sang cc rider [the response of the whole audience was deaining especially from the back, durring the show i kept firing my camera i wanted all i could shoot at the moment unfortunetly i only had a brownie camera and 12 shots to show for may first time of seeing an ELVIS PRESLEY show, but for me it was great it's funny at the same time i was enjoying ELVIS performance and couldn't wait for it to end so i could go and have my film developed, it was durring polk that ELVIS showed us what he was made of, karate chops and all [this can be seen in THIS IS ELVIS MOVIE], it wasn't till 2 yeras ago that i came across a video/super 8mm of this show and i sure am glad i have it, the concert moved just like a locamotive, it was a tight show with one track after the other and then the end, it would be almost a year exactly that i would see ELVIS PRESLEY again live, but this time i would have abetter camera, and a cine camera, in all i saw ELVIS PRESLEY 36 tour shows and 2 vegas shows.

Tommy
01-28-2010, 03:44 AM
i first came across a trailer in the winter of 70 and a flash across the screen said ELVIS, ELVIS and showed some guy in white , with flashes , people going hysterical from that night on i wanted to know more about ELVIS PRESLEY and that movies , so i hit evry record store and bought the trade papers especially one mag from england[the last one], and i was amazed at all the fan clubs and pen pals, within 2 weeks i started to get resonses to my questions etc.. in less than 2 years time i was lucky enough to find a canadian club that was going down to buffallo on april.5th 72 to see ELVIS live so i sent for tickets and was lucky enough to get one we all got there and were seated in the 4th row ring side right , i could not believe the chatter that was going on while the comedian was doing his shtick, and never mind about the opening acts to much chatter booing and people getting up and going to the concessions, finally the lights started to dim[quite fast i might add], and many of the people i with along with others and myself included started to ready our cameras , i had an ol brownie that i kept checking if the green light was on . The music got louder and louder [a theme i have never heard before] , and then the drums .... and soon i honestly froze i saw ELVIS PRESLEY comming up stage left , just behind the yellow curtins and it was great to see him even though i tried to get closer like all the people a rope was put around the stage at least 2 feet from the stage with cops all around , and some press photogs taking pics of him, and the flashes were making it look like a light show , it was kind of scary i couldn't hear myself but i sure felt my heart beating, he looked at the sweets and came straight to charlie put on his guitar and sang cc rider [the response of the whole audience was deaining especially from the back, durring the show i kept firing my camera i wanted all i could shoot at the moment unfortunetly i only had a brownie camera and 12 shots to show for may first time of seeing an ELVIS PRESLEY show, but for me it was great it's funny at the same time i was enjoying ELVIS performance and couldn't wait for it to end so i could go and have my film developed, it was durring polk that ELVIS showed us what he was made of, karate chops and all [this can be seen in THIS IS ELVIS MOVIE], it wasn't till 2 yeras ago that i came across a video/super 8mm of this show and i sure am glad i have it, the concert moved just like a locamotive, it was a tight show with one track after the other and then the end, it would be almost a year exactly that i would see ELVIS PRESLEY again live, but this time i would have abetter camera, and a cine camera, in all i saw ELVIS PRESLEY 36 tour shows and 2 vegas shows.

That's is fantastic you saw him that many times,(y) I wish you would show us some of the photos.

lvs2day
01-28-2010, 06:00 AM
That's is fantastic you saw him that many times,(y) I wish you would show us some of the photos.

some of my photos were traded with fans , and they later apeared in newsletters like maria columbus THE ELVIS ECHO[issue#336. -977] , i followed ELVIS last spring tour , and sexond last performance in cincinatti 77, my photos of ANAHEIM CA 73 , will be featured in PAUL LICHTERS next book ELVIS IN VEGAS[i took 123 photos at this show alone].

Tommy
01-28-2010, 03:55 PM
some of my photos were traded with fans , and they later apeared in newsletters like maria columbus THE ELVIS ECHO[issue#336. -977] , i followed ELVIS last spring tour , and sexond last performance in cincinatti 77, my photos of ANAHEIM CA 73 , will be featured in PAUL LICHTERS next book ELVIS IN VEGAS[i took 123 photos at this show alone].

Thank you for the information,(y) please could you post some here for us to view?

lvs2day
01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Thank you for the information,(y) please could you post some here for us to view?

i'm willing to trade with others who also have their own unpublishrd photos , the reason i don't post my pics is that over the years many will take credit for the photos , and my hard work was all in vain. Hope you understand.

Tommy
01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
i'm willing to trade with others who also have their own unpublishrd photos , the reason i don't post my pics is that over the years many will take credit for the photos , and my hard work was all in vain. Hope you understand.

OK.(y)(y)(y)

debtdbruno
01-28-2010, 06:23 PM

gave me goosebumps reading that...................WOW!!!!!!!!

monk37
01-29-2010, 03:18 AM

the early 50's reviews talked about it like Elvis' shows were an old time revivial

in one of the recent Tupelo documentaries, they interview some gals who'd gone to the show - the gang of 5 that pushed one of their number on the stage to grab him

that woman said she was 16 or so at the time, Elvis came out on stage, started to move and she experienced her first orgasm

So Elvis was really a combination of group sex and a rapture all in one