PDA

View Full Version : Elvis movies on TCM Jan 8

presley31
01-05-2009, 02:06 AM
http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?startDate=1/8/2009&timezone=EST&cid=N

Good day to say home and watch some elvis movies(y)

franny
01-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Thanks, Jen. I can probably squeeze a few movies in, even though I work that day. :lol:

franny

WHITETIGERMAN
01-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the schedule...........I'm off that day.I know where I'll be...LOL.

KPM
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
TV land is also airing some Elvis programming on the 8th.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM

TVLAND also had something this past saturday from about 1:30-4:00.
I happened to turn it there to see what was on and they called it the thank you very much marathon.They showed Myths and Legends then the '68 Special then Elvis By The Presley's.I will be watching cause I'm off that day.

easyrider
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
thank you!!!

elvisfan92
01-05-2009, 07:47 PM
good but i have school and the only two Elvis movies that i haven't seen are the first two which I'll miss

Jungleroom76
01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
ELVIS ON TOUR is being shown on TV, and yet we STILL can't get an official DVD release of it?!?!?!? :hmm: :angry:

Sorry, I digressed there....THANKS for posting the link Jen!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Merry
01-05-2009, 09:48 PM
When I was little, there was an Elvis movie on regularly to watch. :D

It's disappointing, as rarely, the TV Stations play them, now, in Australila. (n)

It's all about Serials or Dr Phil, or Oprah :blink:

memphis69
01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
TCM IN AUSTRALIA IS RUNNING 5 ELVIS MOVIES AND BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL HAS 2 DOCOS: "RETURN TO TUPELO" AND "ELVIS 56".

Lisarose
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
All times are Eastern Standard Time

ELVIS' ENTOURAGE
The story of Elvis as told by those who knew him best, the legendary Memphis Mafia. Some were childhood friends and family, other he picked up along the way. They were witnesses to his sudden flights of excessive generosity as well as his equally sudden fits of rage. Each had been fired countless times only to be welcomed back when the storm passed. Their reminiscences about the King are filled with genuine admiration bordering on idolatry as well feelings still bruised after thirty years. They tell of life on the road, Elvis in Hollywood, and his days back home in Graceland. Together these stories comprise a rare inside look at the image of one of our most enduring icons.

Thu Jan 8 8:00 AM BIO
Thu Jan 8 2:00 PM BIO

BIOGRAPHY: PRISCILLA PRESLEY
Portrait of the celebrity who won worldwide notoriety when she became Elvis Presley's love interest at age 14. Follow Priscilla's life as she develops into an astute businesswoman and successful actress after her rocky marriage to the King of Rock'n'Roll. Highlights include home movies of Elvis and Priscilla, interviews with Priscilla and daughter Lisa Marie, and first-time interviews with Priscilla's parents.

Thu Jan 8 9:00 AM BIO
Thu Jan 8 3:00 PM BIO

BIOGRAPHY: LISA MARIE PRESLEY
Profile of Elvis Presley's only child who's emerged as an important voice in the pop music world despite a rollercoaster ride through life. Lisa's marriage to Michael Jackson lasted 18 months, and her marriage to Nicolas Cage lasted three months. But despite the challenges of growing up in the shadow of the King and attracting lurid tabloid headlines with her questionable romantic choices, Lisa Marie surprised many people by scoring with her first album, To Whom It May Concern. Her second album, Now What, is scheduled for release in April 2005. 60 mins.

Thu Jan 8 10:00 AM BIO
Thu Jan 8 4:00 PM BIO
Fri Jan 9 4:00 AM BIO

ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT: PRISCILLA PRESLEY
Priscilla Presley is interviewed by Kevin Frazier as they tour Graceland during the kick off of the 70th Anniversary of the famous home during Elvis' birthday celebration. Priscilla will also take Kevin behind the scenes to introduce him to the newest addition to the Graceland family, a 10 month old colt named Bandit who will live at Graceland along with 3 other horses who already roam the grounds of Graceland.

Thu Jan 8 7:00 PM CBS

LARRY KING LIVE: PRISCILLA PRESLEY
Tune in to "Larry King Live" to see Priscilla on CNN's longest-running interview program as she talks to Larry live from Graceland on what would have been Elvis' birthday. Larry and Priscilla will chat via satellite about Elvis and his tremendous presence in pop culture and she'll also introduce Larry to Bandit, a 10 month old colt that is the newest addition to Graceland. Priscilla will also give Larry a sneak peak at a NEW exhibit that celebrates the 70th Anniversary of Graceland in 2009.

Thu Jan 8 9:00 PM CNN

(Thanks to MeForELVIS for the schedule info. for Larry King Live and ET)

ELVIS & JUNE: A LOVE STORY
Traces Elvis's rise to fame in 1956 from the perspective of 18-year-old June Juanico, his first fiancée--before Priscilla--and reveals the details of Elvis's passionate love affair with this teenager from Biloxi, Mississippi. It's a very personal view of 21-year-old Elvis at the time he was changing the entertainment world...and the world around Elvis was also changing him! Includes interviews with June and her mother, and early friends of Elvis. 60 mins.

Thu Jan 8 9:00 PM BIO
Fri Jan 9 1:00 AM BIO

MYTHS & LEGENDS: ELVIS PRESLEY
Mysteries surrounding the life of Elvis Presley (1935-77) include a secret 1970 meeting with Richard Nixon, censored appearances on “The Ed Sullivan Show” and the belief that he's still alive.

Thu Jan 8 9:00 PM TV Land
Thu Jan 8 11:30 PM TV Land

ELVIS BY THE PRESLEYS
A retrospective on Elvis Presley features reminiscences by Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley; Elvis's cousin, Patsy Presley Geranen; and Priscilla's parents, Paul and Ann Beaulieu. Also: home movies; previously unseen clips of TV performances; and photographs.

Thu Jan 8 9:30 PM TV Land

ELVIS: RETURN TO TUPELO
This special two-hour profile tells the story a poor boy from rural Mississippi, who, despite being dismissed as a talent-less, flash in the pan, conquered the world and remained on top--even in death. Understanding the Elvis phenomenon requires a return to his origins in rural Tupelo, Mississippi, where he grew up as the poorest boy in town. What happened there set the stage for him to become a pop culture phenomenon still captivating audiences today. We'll cover the period from his birth in 1935 during the depths of the Depression, to his breakout year 1956, when he planted his feet firmly on the world stage. 120 mins.

Thu Jan 8 10:00 PM BIO
Fri Jan 9 2:00 AM BIO

This information I copied from "Moonkid", a poster on Elvis Insiders.
I think I feel a bad cold coming on - coff! coff! ;)

utmom2008
01-05-2009, 11:07 PM

Yes, TV Land advertises it as the "Thank Ya Very Much" birthday celebration.:D:lol:

midnight
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info. I will have to watch some of these programs. It is nice to see that he is still remembered each year.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey guys...................thanks for all this info for Elvis on the tube..........try to watch what I can.

presley31
01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
thanks for posting Lisarose. Looks interesting.

shelley.m.
01-06-2009, 02:28 AM
I would play hooky from work,just to stay home with the King.:king:

WHITETIGERMAN
01-06-2009, 02:36 AM
I would play hooky from work,just to stay home with the King.:king:

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to?

shelley.m.
01-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Who in their right mind wouldn't want to?

Only those that value their job.If I did play hooky,I'm sure it wouldn't take to long for some of my co-workers to figure out why I'm not at work on the 8th.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-06-2009, 02:48 AM
I value my job...................same goes for me and my co-workers.I do what I could do after work is done.

shelley.m.
01-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Elvis' birthday should be a international holiday all around the world.That works for me.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-06-2009, 03:04 AM
Elvis' birthday should be a international holiday all around the world.That works for me.

I just posted on the other thread I started about his birthday that Elvis should be given a national holiday...............cause he sure deserves it.

shelley.m.
01-06-2009, 04:12 AM
I just posted on the other thread I started about his birthday that Elvis should be given a national holiday...............cause he sure deserves it.

Yup! Elvis does deserves it.(y)

Awickedreigndrop
01-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I'll still be watching even though I have all but two of Elvis' movies.