PDA

View Full Version : Burning Love

memphis69
01-04-2009, 11:42 PM
IS IT TRUE THAT ELVIS DID NOT WANT TO RECORD THIS SONG AND HE DID NOT LIKE SINGING IT LIVE?

I THINK IT IS ONE OF ELVIS' BEST ROCK RECORDINGS OF THE 70s AND ONE OF HIS BIGGEST HITS. ELVIS WAS RECORDING MAINLY BALLADS IN THE MID 70s SO MAYBE HE DIDN'T WANT TO SING ROCK SONGS ANYMORE.

LtCarman
01-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, it's true from what I've heard.

Dino78
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I heard it too.
It can be explained with the time when it was recorded. One day after he did "Separate Ways" and "Always On My Mind". SO I think he wasn't in the mood for that great piece of music.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I've heard several times that Felton Jarvis had to really almost beg Elvis to do it.
The whole session was all ballads and he wanted Elvis to do something with rythm.

WHITETIGERMAN
01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure about him not wanting to do it on stage.

Jungleroom76
01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I heard it too.
It can be explained with the time when it was recorded. One day after he did "Separate Ways" and "Always On My Mind". SO I think he wasn't in the mood for that great piece of music.

That is the story that has been told throughout the years! With Elvis' separation and impending divorce looming in his life, Elvis was in no mood to record a song like BURNING LOVE. Several people have claimed to be "the one" that had to coax Elvis into recording BURNING LOVE (as you can certainly expect...everyone has to try and get their moment in the spotlight), so I don't know if it has been officially determined who it is that did finally convince Elvis to do the song. But whomever it was, the fans certainly owe that person a great big THANK YOU for arguably the best Elvis performance of the 1970's and maybe his entire career!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Brian
01-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I've heard that it wasn't so much Elvis mood as the reason he didn't want to record the song it was the song itself

He thought the words to burning love were stupid and just didn't think the song was that good.

Wendy56
01-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I love that song... really. :hmm:

LtCarman
01-07-2009, 04:32 AM
I love that song... really. :hmm:

I like it a lot too.

Awickedreigndrop
01-07-2009, 04:37 AM
I've heard this story too. It's kinda sad because I like this song. I have a book that mentioned who talked Elvis into recording Burning Love but I can't recall the name off the top of my head. When I look it up, I'll post it.